Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
oh lawd, this would be fantastic

We all know what you want. And it it could be possible:

- Sell RR to PSG and give them some cash on top for Rabiot. Him + Baka = midfield sorted and no need to spend huge on SMS.

- Sell Berto to Genoa + cash for Laxalt.

- Buy a winger with the rest of the money we would otherwise use for SMS.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I am okay with modric going to Inter if it means Madrid swoop in for savic and save Milan from financial ruination.

Imagine gambling the same amount of money Juventus paid for EuroGOAT Ronaldo on a guy who hasn't even had a whiff of champions league group stages.:fp:

And to top it off no commercial value whatsoever. :fp: :fp:

I gotta say...I agree.

Every year there's some one season wonder who sets the entire forum on fire.
Last year ppl were dying to pay 100M for Belotti
This year it's SMS....who looked positively average in the World Cup....and against us....but somehow ppl think he's world class or will be.

I'm tired of ppl thinkinig that players who have shown some good things will suddenly become world class (see below).

Montolivo is moving to Milan at just the right stage of his career. In a year or two, he would have fulfilled the promise that he showed as a young player. He will be world-class.
:monto:

What we need is a fast, skillful winger with an eye for goal long before we blow silly cash on a player like SMS

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Bakayoko is convinced by Milan’s project and the clubs are working on a loan with option to buy for around €35m. [Sky’s Luca Marchetti]

giphy.gif

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are people seriously bitching because we haven't signed SMS for 120m plus?

Lazio does not want the same loan formula as we did with Pipita and with good reason(he is younger.)

The owners have stated multiple times they want to adhere by financial fair play rules so what is there to not understand? Stop acting like a fucking a child.

If you can't see the differences already compared to Chinese ownership then you are blind.

The new ownership is doing miracles already (see: Higuain) and are far more serious and professional than Li and Fassone.

Lotito says a lot of things in the past and always gets his way but mostly he says shit for leverage. Doesn't mean he won't negotiate.

Loan + Option that's front loaded has nothing to do with a player being young. It's about delaying the FFP hit to next year. Lazio can benefit by spreading out the income also, they're not going to replace Sergej with a 100m player, so there's no real need to get it all in cash. Might be worse for tax purposes also. If they can offset the income when it's spread then the club won't make so much profit on the books this year that will be heavily taxed.

Just because we want Sergej and think it can happen doesn't mean we're not grateful. Even if the market ends right now I think we're much, much better off than last year (even without Bakayoko). With Sergej and Bakayoko our midfield is fixed, depending on what happens with Locatelli, if he leaves we need a backup regista. Samassekou?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
We all know what you want. And it it could be possible:

- Sell RR to PSG and give them some cash on top for Rabiot. Him + Baka = midfield sorted and no need to spend huge on SMS.

- Sell Berto to Genoa + cash for Laxalt.

- Buy a winger with the rest of the money we would otherwise use for SMS.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The new ownership is doing miracles already (see: Higuain) and are far more serious and professional than Li and Fassone.

Lotito says a lot of things in the past and always gets his way but mostly he says shit for leverage. Doesn't mean he won't negotiate.

Loan + Option that's front loaded has nothing to do with a player being young. It's about delaying the FFP hit to next year. Lazio can benefit by spreading out the income also, they're not going to replace Sergej with a 100m player, so there's no real need to get it all in cash. Might be worse for tax purposes also. If they can offset the income when it's spread then the club won't make so much profit on the books this year that will be heavily taxed.

Just because we want Sergej and think it can happen doesn't mean we're not grateful. Even if the market ends right now I think we're much, much better off than last year (even without Bakayoko). With Sergej and Bakayoko our midfield is fixed, depending on what happens with Locatelli, if he leaves we need a backup regista. Samassekou?

I'm guessing 3 mids arrive (either through loan or outright purchase) if they dump Locatelli, Montolivo, Mauri, Bertolacci. Plus when has Lotito ever not sold one of his prized possessions? He even took 18m over multiple years from Milan last year for Biglia.

Last edited:

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Higuain Immobile
Mastour
Rabiot Modric SMS
Sandro Roma Caldara Conti
Reina

Not sure if we can land mastour though...

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I wanna hear SMS is convinced by Milan's project and wants to join us....

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I gotta say...I agree.

This year it's SMS....who looked positively average in the World Cup....and against us....but somehow ppl think he's world class or will be.

I'm tired of ppl thinkinig that players who have shown some good things will suddenly become world class (see below).

:monto:

What we need is a fast, skillful winger with an eye for goal long before we blow silly cash on a player like SMS

Not sure how often you've seen Sergej play but if it's just the World Cup and the games against us that's not enough.

I've seen more Lazio games than any other team besides Milan in the last two years. I really enjoy their games and the way they play. Every time I see Sergej play he is extremely impressive. Haven't seen a midfielder like him in years. Better than Pogba, better than anyone I can remember at his age. He's a phenomenon. If we can somehow get him, no matter what the price, it would be a crime not to.

Belotti was a good striker but there's dozens like him. There's isn't anyone like Sergej.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I gotta say...I agree.

Preach, brother.

Everytime I come back to RnB it feels like returning to Plato's cave. People stuck in their same short-sighted loop.

I bring with me wisdom, and people give me ignorelists and hate.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some Abbiati quotes from a GdS interview:

On why he left the club: "It was a very 'political' role, and I learned that it's nothing for me. Not having continued as a goalkeeper was on me: Mirabelli proposed me the renewal but I refused."

On the old management: "My mistake was to make comparisons with old Milan, where I had certain reference points. With the Chinese there was a lot of confusion. A smoky organization that tried to look perfect on the outside. The way it ended to me is no surprise."

On Mirabelli: "A positive surprise. I witnessed the renewal of Donnarumma from close and I must say that he managed the matter very well, especially in order to protect the club. He was one of the few to have the courage to go against Raiola. And then won the bet Gattuso."

On Gattuso: "My point of reference was always Gattuso. The goal was to reset Milanello as it once was, with precise rules of behavior. Rino is a phenomenon. He surprised me a lot as a coach, he was able to get into the players' heads, stimulating and motivating them. With these generations it's not easy. I recommend Elliott to keep him tight."

On Montella: "He was a disaster. It went wrong because he did not trust anyone."

On Maldini and Leonardo: "They are true friends and great professionals who know how to do their job. When Leo arrived I said to myself: 'Now it's a certainity that Paolo arrives too'."

:thumbsup: Nice interview. He revealed much more than anyone in just a few sentences, now i see what he meant with that being too political role for him :D
Speaks nice of Mirabelli too.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Bakayoko is convinced by Milan’s project and the clubs are working on a loan with option to buy for around €35m. [Sky’s Luca Marchetti]

Maldini just left Casa Milan. He’s been there since the morning with Leonardo working on the transfer market. [pic @SimoNobilini]

DkKUtphXoAAliWI

maldini still driving an euro 4 car :head:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The Mirabelli comment is what makes me think the remarks are legit. Otherwise it could have been just sucking up to the new management.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Any defensive midfielder is more than welcome.. because we have zero genuine DMs. Bakayoko is definitely worth a punt.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
The Mirabelli comment is what makes me think the remarks are legit. Otherwise it could have been just sucking up to the new management.

Agree :thumbsup:

Seems like an honest opinion that he is being positive about Mirabelli and not really slamming Fassone in any way. More just the Chinese ownership being the real problem and Montella being.. well, Montella. :lol:

Good to hear though and does make sense from what we've heard in other reports of how they operated.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score

Maldini just left Casa Milan. He’s been there since the morning with Leonardo working on the transfer market. [pic @SimoNobilini]

DkKUtphXoAAliWI
Is it just me or does it sound like Leonardo and Maldini had a falling out after discussing transfers and Leo told Paolo to fuck off?

Look at Maldini's eyes, guys. He mad.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I feel it's going to be a rocky start to the season which would be understandable since it sounds like wholesale changes are coming in the next week.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure how often you've seen Sergej play but if it's just the World Cup and the games against us that's not enough.

I've seen more Lazio games than any other team besides Milan in the last two years. I really enjoy their games and the way they play. Every time I see Sergej play he is extremely impressive. Haven't seen a midfielder like him in years. Better than Pogba, better than anyone I can remember at his age. He's a phenomenon. If we can somehow get him, no matter what the price, it would be a crime not to.

Belotti was a good striker but there's dozens like him. There's isn't anyone like Sergej.

I have no idea how you come to this conclusion, unless the only games you watched were lazio vs serie A trash

I watched him on multiple occasions vs milan, juve, napoli, inter, roma and the 3 wc games, he never impressed me once. He doesn't even play like a CM ffs, he's the 3rd attacker after immobile and luis alberto, and IMO luis alberto is far better than him.

against proper teams he gets dispossessed and marked out far too easily, he has a decent eye for goal and is a good athlete, but that's about it.

proper midfielders don't get dispossessed an average of 2.4 times per game.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Is it just me or does it sound like Leonardo and Maldini had a falling out after discussing transfers and Leo told Paolo to fuck off?

what's he gonna do now...drive home... to his house? listen to his wife ask "so how's the new job paolo?????" nah, gtfo..no way. this is always how it starts

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

or maybe he's just going to get something to eat. idk :lol:

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
SMS would be fun to have.

But if Suso stays, then we urgently need a damn good left winger.

Tactically speaking, LW > SMS in the scale of priority

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule