Votes: 140 36.6%
  • 4-3-1-2

Votes: 242 63.4%

• Total voters

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Balotelli:
“I feel better with a striker by my side, but we had many chances in the first half too. I personally prefer to have another forward there.”

Somehow SES needs to play, where else if not on wing?

Add Kaka on right wing..

---------BALO---MAT*----------
SES----MONTO---DEJONG---KAKA
-LB-------CB-------CB-------RB-
--------------GK----------------

*MAT or PAZZ

What you think of this people?

That Kaka is not a LM or a LW so this wont work at all.You need speed to play there and Kaka does not have anymore, and even if he did it would be a huge waste of his abilities.

Best formation for Milan would be :

-------------------Balo-----------------------
------Ses----------Kaka-------Robi-----------
--------------Monto----Dj----------------------
----DS-----Mexes---Zap-----Abate------------
--------------Abbiati----------------------------

Breaking it down for you:

-Balo has the body and the skills to be a powerful target man.Plays well whit his back against the net.

-SES plays in his natural position and can make cutting runs inside.
-DS has good synergy with him and they both double up in both attack and defense.
-Kaka plays where he plays best, AM.
-Robi is gonna be played out of position, and his not good defending.This will be our weak link.That's why i want Abate behind him, who while not great in attack, can at least defend well.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
----------------Abbiati----------
---Abate--Zapata--Mexes--De Sciglio--

--------Montolivo---De Jong-------
----------------Muntari--------

---------Kaka----------El Shaarawy---

----------------Balotelli------------

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I did include Monto, Dj & Kaka.And yes Matri and Pazzini on the bench, because none of them deserve to start over SES who not only scores as much is way more talented then both.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
I think we will play diamond 4-3-1-2 with Kaka close to the other midfielders, similar with Italy NT. Balotelli is a sure starter upfront, SES or Matri next to him depending of the opposition, Robi will have minutes too, Niang not so much. We'll see.

dman32

Milan 4 Ever
Reaction score
After all those injuries, what do u guys think about this?

Abb
Zac--Zap--Mex--Cons
Noce--DEJ--Muntari
Balo--Matri--Robinho

or

Abb
Zac--Zap--Mex--Cons
DEJ--Muntari
Balo--Robi--Urby
Matri

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
After all those injuries, what do u guys think about this?

Abb
Zac--Zap--Mex--Cons
Noce--DEJ--Muntari
Balo--Matri--Robinho

or

Abb
Zac--Zap--Mex--Cons
DEJ--Muntari
Balo--Robi--Urby
Matri

Who are the other available players?

dman32

Milan 4 Ever
Reaction score
Who are the other available players?

Its not about his available, its about who allegri is going to play???

or

-is going to defend the whole time against Celtic, since we have a lot of injured players plus no Play-maker. problem is that this was always the case, it seems that we are pressed like crazy, so we are defending the whole time.

-balance formation, is he going to try to connect the missing link which is "mid and attack"...this is our major problem,

-are we going to attack? ehhhmm

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its not about his available, its about who allegri is going to play???

or

-is going to defend the whole time against Celtic, since we have a lot of injured players plus no Play-maker. problem is that this was always the case, it seems that we are pressed like crazy, so we are defending the whole time.

-balance formation, is he going to try to connect the missing link which is "mid and attack"...this is our major problem,

-are we going to attack? ehhhmm

Nevermind.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ses, niang, saponara, montolivo, de sciglio, abate, silvestre, bonera, kaka and pazzini are the unavailable ones? oh, and also poli obviously, anyone more missing? else:

Saponara, Balotelli, Robinho
Muntari, Cristante, Emanuelson
Constant, Vergara, Zapata, De Jong
Abbiati​

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Abbiati
Abate - Mexes - Zapata - De Sciglio
De Jong - Montolivo
Poli - Kaka - El Shaarawy
Balotelli​

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Abbiati
Abate - Mexes - Zapata - De Sciglio
De Jong - Montolivo
Poli - Kaka - El Shaarawy
Balotelli​

Nice so I'm not the only one who thinks Poli would be good as a RM in a 4231 ;)
Saponara could be an option too, plus with Honda as AM it'd look much stronger!

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Since injuries happened and will happen I included 2nd choices:

El Shaarawy(Robinho) - Balotelli(Matri)
Kaká(Saponara)
Emanuelson(Constant) - Montolivo(Poli) - De Jong(Muntari*) - Abate(Poli)
De Sciglio(Vergara) - Mexes(Vergara) - Zapata(Vergara)
Abbiati(Gabriel)​
*rcm and lcm will swap then

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^Yeah that would be great.. I can't see it working with Allegri tho, but in the near future who knows. I always thought DES could thrive and LCB/RCB in a 3 man back line, we'd also get the most out of DJ-Monto as well as Urby and Abate. Zapata is also more suited to a 3 man backline and thats the position he played when he made a name for himself.

The front 3 could also turn into 2-1 or just 3 forwards like in our 433/4321 hybrid with Boa..

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The front 3 could also turn into 2-1 or just 3 forwards like in our 433/4321 hybrid with Boa..

I guess. The front three should be dynamic anyways.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So trying to think what formation might work with the current set of players, and this is what i got if every one is fit:

-----------------------Balo----------------------------
---------SES----------Kaka----------Niang--------
-----------------Monto----Dj/Poli---------------
------DES-------Mexes---Zapata-----Abate----
---------------------Abbiati--------------------

Niang should be given playing time because we have nobody that can actually play there as a natural. He has potential, im not saying it will work but its worth the gamble.

Dj or Poli should start depending on the opposition. If we expect to face a team thats going to put up the wall of china, start Poli if not start Dj cause god knows our CB need protection a lot if a team actually decides to attack us.

So what does everyone think of this?

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
So trying to think what formation might work with the current set of players, and this is what i got if every one is fit:

Niang should be given playing time because we have nobody that can actually play there as a natural. He has potential, im not saying it will work but its worth the gamble.

Dj or Poli should start depending on the opposition. If we expect to face a team thats going to put up the wall of china, start Poli if not start Dj cause god knows our CB need protection a lot if a team actually decides to attack us.

:thumbsup: Looks to be our best bet with the squad we have.

However, I think De Jong will be needed independent of the opposition. The wall of China will also counter attack at some point and then, like you said, our CBs will need protection. I really don't expect Allegri to be tactically competent enough to get a system in place where the midfielders defend as a team, somewhat negating the requirement of a DM. He might be able to do it if the whole team defends deep and plays on the counter, but I really don't see it working otherwise.

Either way, Niang and El Sha will have to fall deep to defend, and Kaka will have to fall deep/press aggressively for this formation to be reliable in Serie A.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I would start De Jong anyway, even against so called China Wall teams. Also against them we suffer attacks and goals. The line-up makes sense. Niang's position is one up for grabs for several players, including Robinho, Saponara, Poli and Niang himself.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:thumbsup: Looks to be our best bet with the squad we have.

However, I think De Jong will be needed independent of the opposition. The wall of China will also counter attack at some point and then, like you said, our CBs will need protection. I really don't expect Allegri to be tactically competent enough to get a system in place where the midfielders defend as a team, somewhat negating the requirement of a DM. He might be able to do it if the whole team defends deep and plays on the counter, but I really don't see it working otherwise.

Either way, Niang and El Sha will have to fall deep to defend, and Kaka will have to fall deep/press aggressively for this formation to be reliable in Serie A.

Well i don't expect Allegri to use this formation at all, even though it would give his pretty boy gay lover Matri a chance to shine(rotating with Balo).

Guess you guys are right on the Monti- Poli partnership, even though SES tracks back a lot and has good synergy with DES. Cant expect Kaka to track back and whoever plays on the right is to much of a wild card.

I just dont get why we don't even try out to play like this, it would be pretty much every player playing in his natural position.

I would start De Jong anyway, even against so called China Wall teams. Also against them we suffer attacks and goals. The line-up makes sense. Niang's position is one up for grabs for several players, including Robinho, Saponara, Poli and Niang himself.

Forgot Saponara can play there, well like you said give it to whoever deserves it. I would start Niang first and give him the chance as he looks more athletic then the first.

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
I'm getting sick of Allegri 4-3-1-2, his Cagliari's days best recipe, the symbol of frustation. For 3 years this formation never really worked out.
Then we switch to 4-3-3, we're simply invincible.
I think we're tired of winning so we change it again to our bad old days. :(

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
I'm getting sick of Allegri 4-3-1-2, his Cagliari's days best recipe, the symbol of frustation. For 3 years this formation never really worked out.
Then we switch to 4-3-3, we're simply invincible.
I think we're tired of winning so we change it again to our bad old days. :(

invincible?

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score

Squad selection is the best available.

I would like to see in that formation:

Abbiati
Abate Zapata Mexes De Sciglio
Niang Montolivo De Jong El Shaarawy
Kaka
Balotelli

More defensive formation 4-4-1-1, but still similar to 4-2-3-1...similar to guardiola 4-1-4-1, which is somehow 4-3-3.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Whether it was Berlu or Allegri who decided to use 4312 it's just fucking stupid..
I mean ALL topclubs have realized you need wingers in todays game.

Barca, Real. BVB. Bayern, Juve, United, City, Chelsea..

You need fucking width

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kakà, El Shaarawy, Abbiati, De Sciglio, Maldini, Montolivo, Seedorf
-------------------Balo----------------
----------------------------------------
--------SES----------------Robinho-----
------------------Kaka------------------
----------Monto---------Poli------------
-----------------De Jong---------------
-----DES---------Mexes--------Abate----
------------------Abbiati-----------------

3-1-2-1-2-1 Would be fucking awsome :p

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forgot Saponara can play there, well like you said give it to whoever deserves it. I would start Niang first and give him the chance as he looks more athletic then the first.

That (including his workrate) is Niang's main plus that didn't make me disagree with your choice for him.

De Jong must be a must starter against any opposition. He's crucial, and possibly our MVP. Just had to say this (again). :D

nicgolfstar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The good old christmas tree could be the solution...4-3-2-1

I think Monto-DJ-Poli is a really great midfield with Kaka and SES ahead of them and Balo up front. Seems the best to me...

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Width width width! 4-3-3 worked so well from Jan onwards, it really was needless to change just because prince Kaka returned and they were desperate to fit him in.