View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 17:36   #55
anilak
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
I actually like idea of van basten and ill tell you why

1. He refuses to come without specific reinfrocements
2. Silvio has more man love for van basten than anyone. If anyone can get silvio to spend its mvb
3. He's not afraid to bench senators or make unpopular decisions
4. His dutch team played probably best football I've seen in a while embarassing italy.... and don't discredit mvb for that. He changed tactics of dutch nt who were married to 433. The mighty spain couldn't even beat italy but mvb's netherlands could have won by more than 3-0

And basiclaly if arshavin didn't produce brilliance in 120th minute. Who knows where dutch would have gone....
I'm not that convinced of MVB's coachin skills yet. Legend doesn't mean good coach.

But agree with first 3.

Remember early this season MVB saying Milan needs reinforcements to be back on top again. Like Franco and Paolo he also knows what Milan needs to be good again and atleast on an investment point of view he's one of the few who can make Berlu invest. But if Franco and Paolo can't make Berlu rethink can MVB do it is the question ?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...oney-no-titles

“I remember that Milan ruled the market twenty years ago. The truth is that if you don’t buy, improving the squad becomes difficult.

“If the club does not go back to spending, it’s hard to be competitive.”

“I don’t know what will happen in the future. But, if Leonardo will not win, it won’t be his fault.”

“He has always scored and I believe, and hope, he will do plenty here too,” said van Basten.“After all, he is exactly what Milan need.”

MVB quotes on Milan transfers, Leonardo and Hunterlaar. Guess Hunter will stay if MVB is coach and might actually get enough support to do well.
anilak is offline   Reply With Quote