The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

bet365

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 15-04-2012, 06:35   #1
agsgualdino
milan4eva

Default video technology in football? what do you reckon

im doing an assignment and a question is about video technology in football. yes or no? and i need a public opinion on this topic soooo please share your viewpoints

Signature

I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.
agsgualdino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 12:08   #2
Jivara
Forza Milan

After Barca's penalty vs Levante last night, I am starting to be very much in favor... but my question is how often would you go to the video evidence? would every team get like 3 tries like in Tennis?
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 13:48   #3
mayweatherfats
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: maldini seedorf inzaghi pato mastour kaka pirlo t.silva van basten serginho rui costa cafu sheva

if it does come in i hope its only goal line technology.
mayweatherfats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 13:52   #4
N3d0
Allegri al Massimo

Fav. Players: Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce

Absolutely yes! And it's a very easy solution. Just give a TV to the fourth ref. If there is a dubious decision, let him just watch the replay and suggest to the main ref if his decision was good or bad.
N3d0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 13:52   #5
ZlatanIbra11
Senior Team Member

Unless its when Barca is playing, No. I don't want Football to become some stupid game where you stop play every 2 seconds
ZlatanIbra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 04:25   #6
Diavolo666
Banned

Yes absolutely yes.High Tech Revolution.Artificial Intelligence Robots being Refs instead of real ones(with very high security so Barca cant hack them).Cameras monitoring every move and those cameras serving as Extra Eyes for the Robot Referee so no more fucking Diving.This way that disgusting club Farca cant cheat.
Diavolo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 04:33   #7
Rookie

I like the idea of using technology but I wouldn't want it to turn into cricket where the umpires are now too afraid to make a call without going to the third umpire first in case they make a mistake. The tennis system works well because it's player led and they only go to the video if they're sure because they don't want to waste the opportunity
1897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 04:41   #8
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Goal line technology, but that's it. And it has to be something that tells you straight away if it's in or not. I don't want a hawk-eye type system where you have to wait to see the result. There's already too many stoppages.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 16:04   #9
N3d0
Allegri al Massimo

Fav. Players: Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Sport_I...e_technologies

Sounds good to me!
N3d0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 16:09   #10
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
Goal line technology, but that's it. And it has to be something that tells you straight away if it's in or not. I don't want a hawk-eye type system where you have to wait to see the result. There's already too many stoppages.
Kind of this. It takes about 15 seconds before you see a goal line replay, in slow motion and at the best angle. That's all you need. It shouldn't be brought in for anything else.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 16:11   #11
Costanza
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu

why can't they have a video ref? Watching it live from difficult angles telling referee what to do using the wires.
Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 16:16   #12
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costanza View Post
why can't they have a video ref? Watching it live from difficult angles telling referee what to do using the wires.
Then why have a ref at all? It's fine as it is.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 17:28   #13
luke07
sciarpa collettore

Fav. Players: Maldini,Boban, Bierhoff, Sheva, Pato, Pjanic, Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto

no to video replay challenge like in volleyball

yes to goal line technology for extraordinary event, not like 3 challenges in tennis, there will be too many stoppages and additional time

iirc adidas teamgeist has a chip installed in it.....

Signature

Last edited by luke07; 17-04-2012 at 17:32.
luke07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 17:36   #14
Costanza
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16 View Post
Then why have a ref at all? It's fine as it is.
Well at least they can use it for goal line incidents, have a bird's eye camera above the post, and have someone watch it live the whole game and tell refs if there's a goal.

That way we had beaten Juve and that goal's effect is still here.
Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 17:42   #15
jamminsheva
Fuck this club

Fav. Players: Lord Mario

yea, just goal-line tech for settling 'ghost goals' asap and correctly for refs should be enough. no need to take away the intensity of the match by having challenges and long video analysis of small fouls.
jamminsheva is offline   Reply With Quote