The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 06-09-2007, 13:55   #21
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

how about Andreas Andersson, Sweedish striker. and Papin, after winning the Golden Ball while playing at Marseille , he really didnt had a succesfull spell at Milan with 18 goals in 2 seasons. Maybe not really bad, but for a Golden ball winner not Good.

Taribo West
N'Gotty
Donati - 15 Milion

Signature
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 14:28   #22
bobanito
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besfort
how about Andreas Andersson, Sweedish striker. and Papin, after winning the Golden Ball while playing at Marseille , he really didnt had a succesfull spell at Milan with 18 goals in 2 seasons. Maybe not really bad, but for a Golden ball winner not Good.
And considering he was, for a shot period, the world's most expensive footballer.
bobanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 15:07   #23
albion tifo
ACM

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan

My list:

Jose Mari, Moreno, Ba, Bogarde, Raiziger, Lentini, Oliveira, Redondo, Vieri.

Signature
albion tifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 16:20   #24
superbaim
ICE MAN

Fav. Players: gattuso

i start love and watch milan from 1998. it have to be lentini and donati.for oli and gila we need to give time to both of them.
superbaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 16:54   #25
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besfort
N'Gotty
No messing with Bruno (he wasn't class, nor near it, but I will always have a soft spot for our 98-99' team as they were the first Milan I supported), what a dream pair him and Luigi Sala made -geez, Luigi Sala is with Samp!-.

As much as I was a huge Redondo fan, I was never happy that we were after him, let alone when we bought him, it was one of those "I have a bad feeling about it", and at the end it was, cause we overspend it with a 31 injury prone year old, who was bearly able to show us his classy game.

Moreno and Jose Mari will always be my favorite WTH were they thinking buys (but hey it could have been worse, we could have ended up with Gaizka Mendieta costing us much much more!) I was also never a fan of Umit Davala, I scratched my head about us buying Taribo West, both Ba buyings weren't great (at least the last one wasn't too much). Oh, Chamot too, why did we got him?

Many of the players we bought a year or 2 before, that ended up in Barcelona can get a nod.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 17:06   #26
Tsar
Banned

Lentini and Gilardino the worst but the most ridiculous transfer was Luther Blisset, our scouts had seen John Barnes (great player in his day) and reported back that the black Jamaican striker playing for Watford was World Class and we should snap him up. Sadly there was more than one black Jamiacan striker playing at Watford at that time and we ended up buying the wrong one - the far inferior Luther Blisset. The club soon learnt of its mistake and sold him back to Watford after his first season for only half the money spent on him.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 17:24   #27
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

I remember a story of buying Jordan. The storyteller said that he saw 35 year old Cruyff being tested with us but he was said to be too old. Instead we got Jordan and hit Serie B

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 17:30   #28
Tsar
Banned

Shut your mouth! Joe Jordan was a legend!

Besides it wasn't his fault we got relegated, he wasn't the accountant responsible for the "financial irregularities" that got us demoted.
Old 06-09-2007, 17:47   #29
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
Shut your mouth! Joe Jordan was a legend!

Besides it wasn't his fault we got relegated, he wasn't the accountant responsible for the "financial irregularities" that got us demoted.
No-no. Jordan came when we got back to A and fell to B with our brave performances on the filed. At least I got the story like that.

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 17:51   #30
Tsar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
No-no. Jordan came when we got back to A and fell to B with our brave performances on the filed. At least I got the story like that.
The second time was a result of the first as far as i'm concerned, nothing Joe could have done... except score more gols

He was a character atleast.
Old 06-09-2007, 18:42   #31
superbaim
ICE MAN

Fav. Players: gattuso

why were so many striker ?and again we keep spend it on striker. sory for pato fan imo his fate will be the same as other failed striker but one think in common for those sucks striker 'spanish league or spanish nation' and pato not both.
superbaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 18:52   #32
vincent.m3
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini

my list...

1. Ibrahim Ba
2. Rivaldo
3. P.Kluivert
4. C.Vieri
vincent.m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 18:53   #33
gahanthegod
violator

Fav. Players: Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.

I'd like to talk about last 5-6 years' transfer cos before that we have made so many bad transfer that I lost count.

Firstly, Laursen. Overpriced + shitty performances.

Rivaldo could be counted as a bad transfer if we look at his performances here, but we had bought him for free, so the move wasn't that bad I guess.

Vieri, I like him normally. But he was 32 when he left Inter to sign for us, and it was clear that he wasn't gonna make it. We had purchased him for free too, so he wasn't that bad either.

Gila is as quality as a normal backup striker for Milan, so he was overpriced too.

Rui was another overpriced bloke.

A lot of people would say Favalli, but I don't think he is so bad. He came as a backup player and we got him for free.

Same for Ba. He is just another Esajas case. He should be barely considered as a 'transfer'.

Oli. No comments needed.

Kalac.

Signature

"...a legendary deep pop group from somewhere in the future off the edge of saturn, a group whose songs coat the imagination with dread and danger and desperation, with nearness and absence, a group whose songs fire the imagination with hope against hope and the exact opposite."
gahanthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 23:51   #34
slifersd
Rookie

The worst transfer ever made was selling Shevchenko and signing Oliveira to replace him. That move almost doomed us for the season if it wasn't for Ronaldo. With that much money in their hands, our management still managed to sign the cheapest option available and that guy turned out to be a major waste of money.
slifersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 00:35   #35
GreatKalu
I still believe!

When talking of a worst transfer, the fee paid should not be the only expenditure listed. Take Ballack's free transfer as an example ... wages should also be taken into consideration.

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:56   #36
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
When talking of a worst transfer, the fee paid should not be the only expenditure listed. Take Ballack's free transfer as an example ... wages should also be taken into consideration.
yea... this goes to Inzaghi who earns 95 000 a week

Signature
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:38   #37
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Pippo gets 95, 000 a week? Now that was unexpected ...

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 13:05   #38
Hassan
Winning II

Fav. Players: Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!

Vogal+Gila

Signature
Hassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:41   #39
vioser
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Kaka,Pirlo,Nesta

Kluivert, Reiziger, Bogarde, Jose Mari, Javi Moreno, Umit Davala, Redondo, Ba, Lentini and several other players
vioser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:48   #40
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Pippo gets 95, 000 a week? Now that was unexpected ...
Really?

Before Digao, our first exercise in nepotism (here figuratively speaking) was signing Esajas, who was more of a waste of space than Oli. Thanks, Clarence.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote