The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

View Poll Results: What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?
We haven't done much, but the management know what they're doing. I trust them. 81 35.22%
Very disappointing. I thought we'd be much more swifter. 123 53.48%
Other 26 11.30%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2008, 01:35   #361
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo

Milan never sign youngsters. Let's tear up the San Siro and burn Berlusconi and Galliani at the stake. Ancelotti is a COWARD!!!.
We'll we haven't signed them, they are in trials, but I'm on board with the rioting, just because I want to.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:49   #362
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
We'll we haven't signed them, they are in trials, but I'm on board with the rioting, just because I want to.
Twenty days is one hell of a long trial.
Reports suggest we have captured Tabare Viudez with Mathias Cardaccio to follow.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:04   #363
end-er
milanista

if we sign boruc and a good cb (i.e. zapata), that would be a great campaign

for now, we don't have a world class gk and we are totally dependent on nesta in the centre of defence
end-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 16:49   #364
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

Blog: Just indefensible

Milan’s bungled bid to improve their defence with Branislav Ivanovic has stunned
What a mess. That’s a quick assessment of Milan’s attempts to strengthen their backline over the last week. While one should applaud and understand their interest in Branislav Ivanovic, their decision to sell Dario Simic and Digão before securing the Chelsea stopper was a mistake of calamitous proportions.

Just who is in charge of transfer strategy at Milanello these days? Adriano Galliani, Ariedo Braida, Carlo Ancelotti or Silvio Berlusconi? Whoever it is, they’ve been around for long enough to realise that nothing should be taken for granted in this game until it is signed, sealed and delivered.

It’s an amateurish oversight from the Rossoneri, a club whose mercato moves have already been questioned after they gambled on Ronaldinho and overpaid for Gianluca Zambrotta. This latest own goal has actually seen them weaken their defence in their attempts to make it more robust.

While it is fair to argue that Simic hasn’t exactly been a happy camper on the San Siro bench in recent years and that Digão was probably signed to keep brother Kaka onside, their departures have restricted Ancelotti’s limited centre-back options even further. That’s bad news given the injury proneness of Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Nesta.

Milan, of course, will argue that this is no time to panic. Galliani has spent the last few weeks trying to convince people that Massimo Ambrosini, a rugged central midfielder, can be used as a centre-back. But that’s a desperate step for a club of the Rossoneri’s stature and can be interpreted as a sign of weakness.

Milan need to buy a new stopper, rather than invent one, and they’ve got 12 days in which to do so. Maybe they need to give Chelsea another call…

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...logs/al52.html
dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 18:55   #365
Armin__m
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: >>rossoneri<<

i just read the blog,and i also read the comments..some people are just ridiculous,i mean,it`s okay to say that we`re not strong enough to win the scudetto,but to say that we will end in a mid-table position or even strugle to avoid relegation is way too much..
Armin__m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 16:57   #366
ROSSONERO_PR
I-BRA-vissimo !

Fav. Players: MALDINI, NESTA, KAKA', KALADZE, BEHRAMI, LORIK CANA, BOGDANI, PATO, MARADONA, M.V.B etc.

I dont know Where to post these PIC-s of Stupid Galliani ...during the Sensi Funeral today from ROMA Fans affusion !

ROSSONERO_PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 17:02   #367
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

There is a thread For Berlusconi and Galliani, You can post them there. It would have been better to have wasted more minutes to find that thread using the Search button, and Thanks!
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 17:10   #368
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSONERO_PR
Well have a cancer you too.

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 18:18   #369
ROSSONERO_PR
I-BRA-vissimo !

Fav. Players: MALDINI, NESTA, KAKA', KALADZE, BEHRAMI, LORIK CANA, BOGDANI, PATO, MARADONA, M.V.B etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
Well have a cancer you too.
Thanks anyway ...!!! They was right with that act ! He never met him !
ROSSONERO_PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 18:38   #370
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Quote:
And all of the ultras did?

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 14:13   #371
Armin__m
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
they were right to do it? yeah,i guess creating problems at someone`s funeral really shows how much you respect him..
Old 25-08-2008, 12:21   #372
siatanhai
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,

ok we may get another CB aswell but all in all the transfer campaign went better than i thought it wud we have/are signing good players for positions that we need
but we have still seen no proof that we can get players that are wanted by other top european clubs and depending on our performances nxt season obviously it will be interesting to see how we compete for top youngsters or player nxt summer with other clubs, as good as the signings have been so far most have been pretty straight forward to complete as far as competition
siatanhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 15:01   #373
Milanista10
FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi

Our squad is more or less complete for the first time in quite a while. Although I would still offload Kalac and Dida to make room for a young up and coming keeper, do something about Brocchi, emerson and Favalli (terminate their contracts), and loan out Paloschi and Darmian...It's safe to say we had a very decent transfer campaign.

W got rid of most of our dead wood; Simic, Cafu, Serginho, Gilardino and we loaned out Gourcuff and Digao to gain experience.

We then signed 10 players to add depth, and many of them pushing out some starters out of our starting XI. Those 10 players are all capable of contributing to the squad and are all better replacements then what we had last season. Kaka' said we needed a squad of 25 high level players if we were to compete on all fronts this year, and that's exactly what we got.

We signed: Flamini, Abiatti, Antonini, Boriello, Zambrotta, Ronaldinho, Viudez, Cardaccio, Shevchanko, Senderos.

That right there is one hell of a transfer campaign. I always tell people that a World Class team needs a certain quota of players for each position.

3 GK
2 LB
2 RB
5 CB
5 DM
3 AM
3 CF
2 ST

guess what? we have that for the first time since...the Capello era for crying out loud! We even exceed that quota as a matter of fact

(in pecking order)

GK: Abiatti, Dida, Kalac

LB: Jankulovski, Favalli, Antonini

RB: Zambrotta, Oddo

CB: Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini, Bonera, Senderos, Darmian

DM: Pirlo, Flamini, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Emerson, Brocchi

AM: Kaka', Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Viudez, Cardaccio

ST: Pato

CF: Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Boriello, Paloschi

We have a 30 man squad that is very competitive and can definitely fight on 3 different fronts this year. we added depth, quality and many more options.

Signature

Massimo Oddo: winner of the 2007 Rocky Marciano award for Abruzzese athlete of the year
Milanista10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 15:09   #374
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

Now the squad needs to be trimmed.

Loan: Paloschi, Darmian
Sell/Release" Favalli, Brocchi, Emerson
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 16:13   #375
Jivara
Forza Milan

very strong squad, finally some competition, we needed that.

i think favalli should be kept, darmian should be loaned, emerson or brocchi sold, viudez and/or cardaccio loaned, paloschi loaned
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 16:22   #376
Centre
AC Milan Legend

why is everyone so bent out of shape about keeping favalinho on the roster??? as i said when we extended his contract... hes a 3rd/4th choice left back and is solid enough to be that... its not like hes going to be starting in matches that are evenly remotely important... the only reason he played so much last year was because we didnt have anyone else to put there...

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
AC MILAN. we big dick. deal with it.
Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 16:32   #377
Milanista10
FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentreD13
why is everyone so bent out of shape about keeping favalinho on the roster??? as i said when we extended his contract... hes a 3rd/4th choice left back and is solid enough to be that... its not like hes going to be starting in matches that are evenly remotely important... the only reason he played so much last year was because we didnt have anyone else to put there...
and we now have Antonini who's been pretty impressive,not to mention he's still fairly young at 26. a spring chicken compared to the rest of our defence

Signature

Massimo Oddo: winner of the 2007 Rocky Marciano award for Abruzzese athlete of the year
Milanista10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 16:38   #378
Centre
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista10
and we now have Antonini who's been pretty impressive,not to mention he's still fairly young at 26. a spring chicken compared to the rest of our defence
i understand that... which only means theres less a chance of favalli playing... i dont see the problem.

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
AC MILAN. we big dick. deal with it.
Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 21:51   #379
Armin__m
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista10
i haven`t seen antonini play much in the pre-season (i watched a small amount of games),has he done better or worse than janku?
Old 25-08-2008, 22:03   #380
Jivara
Forza Milan

i havent either but i know janku was one of the best performers so..
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote