Marco Giampaolo Thread

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Any of Rino, Seedorf, Allegri, Donadoni will do.

Fuck, maybe even Brocchi

We had some good moments today, because we have some good players in Theo, Leao, Bennacer... and finally some decent bench in Bona, Rebic, Krunic.

You don't need a genius to beat Torino, just a regular coach who'll play a simple formation like 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean FFS this team just lost to Sampdoria and Lecce.

When Mazzari subbed Ansaldi and the momentum was turning, Giampaolo's answer was to sub in Bona-fucking-ventura who hasn't played in so long for our best player.

It's one thing to say the team hasn't gotten his philosophy tactically, but his game and man management is truly mid-table.

And his insistence on Suso. There is only a slim bit of hope that maybe he's being asked to play Suso by the management who are hoping to sell him for more $. But if he truly believes in this guy who's killing our offense and offers maybe 1 good cross a game, then quite simply I disagree and I foresee this as another season wasted.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
This game was far more on the players than the coach. We easily should have been up 2-0 or 3-0 before Torino scored. The goals were serious mistakes from the players. Its much tougher for me to blame this on the coach because of all the errors.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This game was far more on the players than the coach. We easily should have been up 2-0 or 3-0 before Torino scored. The goals were serious mistakes from the players. Its much tougher for me to blame this on the coach because of all the errors.

This charlatan failed to respond to the changes Torino coach made. It’s a joke really

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I can't wait to have him here and for us to revert back to playing good compact noughties Milan style football again.

A good regista is critical though and I hope he convinces us to sign Parades the same way Miha convinced us to splash cash on Romagnoli last season.

Parades knows the diamond system very well by now.

For younger members' benefit, Giampaolo was once touted to be one of the next great Italian coaches.. Sometime in the last decade. Capello picked him out as his heir and Juve were close to signing him.

Then he had a couple of high profile failures at Cagliari (not helped by Cellino and his style) and then at Brescia.. Where again the management used him when ultras got mad with them etc. Giampaolo does have a short fuse though.

The Empoli comeback is sort of a redemption for him. His quality is unquestionable. If he has found the habit of success again, I think this could be a great move for us.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
individual mistakes cost us three points today. goal should have been savd by donna and hakan should have passed the ball earlier. second goal midfield completly switched off leaving defenders exposed. not to mention kessie and piatek missed tap ins and sirigu save at the end. only questionable decision by him was to bring bonaventura so early against a physical side.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The chances were missed by the players but also created by the players.
This game was all about individual ability and whoever can punish mistakes harder. The cohesion problems were as severe as ever.
Torino were overwhelmed by the ultra-attacking side Giampaolo fielded, but learned eventually how to punish them on the counter.
I can't remember the last time I saw such a chaotic Milan game.
A strong contrast to the usual risk-minimizing lethargic borefest we usually see.
Which was fun to see, in a way, but it doesn't bode well for Giampaolo and whatever he's trying to make them do.

Just shift to 433 and prepare for Allegri's return.

umm, he has already shifted to 433.
In fact this was way more 433 than Rino's "433" with Hakan as LW.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
He'll be gone by Monday afternoon if we lose at home to Fiorentina.

He looks way out of his depth.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Last year by this time we had scored 8 goals against stronger opponents with noob grinta coach and a far worse squad.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
He'll be gone by Monday afternoon if we lose at home to Fiorentina.

He looks way out of his depth.

If we lose/draw in the next two games, I think the Genoa game might be his last one, as we would use the international break to settle things.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
tenor.gif

bring back Rino from his vacation... he'll guarantee 4th place with this squad

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
how can you keep Hakan for the whole game... we were still looking dangerous in 10, maybe even more so than before (coz of Piatek gone). Bring in Paq or Bonaventura god damn it

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
GTFO now pls.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Time to go unfortunately, 11 vs 11 was already bad against Montella's side, 10 vs 11 was the nail to the coffin.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
To be perfectly honest, with what we've seen so far, he is not working out now at all.

Also - personally, I think that this has gone so poorly, and so many players are playing under their potential, that it may be time to cut loose.

Allegri is clearly the best option on the market and he's flexible tactically. Get him.

It is still early even if we have started terribly - somehow managing to be worse than Allegri's two starts when the teams were gutted is impressive.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To be perfectly honest, with what we've seen so far, he is not working out now at all.

Also - personally, I think that this has gone so poorly, and so many players are playing under their potential, that it may be time to cut loose.

Allegri is clearly the best option on the market and he's flexible tactically. Get him.

It is still early even if we have started terribly - somehow managing to be worse than Allegri's two starts when the teams were gutted is impressive.

Yes, season can still be saved. The squad is good and there are real coach options out there... Allegri, Mou, Rino to name a few. Anybody is better than this fucking fraud

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I'm all for giving coaches time to do their work. But unfortunately it's clear as day Giampaolo will never work out for us. We dont look just bad, we look pathetic. We've hit rock bottom. I feel it's time to him to leave.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Yes, season can still be saved. The squad is good and there are real coach options out there... Allegri, Mou, Rino to name a few. Anybody is better than this fucking fraud

bro rino is no way returning here sadly. we shouldnt have let him go.

allegri is the only logical option. mourinho is waiting on real and never would come here especially in our current state. wenger is waiting on manutd and is not really a coach for long term. sheva will be another stupid decision even though i love him. we need a proven coach , allegri is proven.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It’s really sad. In the first sign when idiot Giampaolo play borini, Biglia and suddenly change 4-3-1-2, this formation he usually play and our director built transfer campaign summer for that formation; every wrong from first. Suso scored word class agains MU in trequatista position make Giampaolo suddenly change his mind. Giampaolo who the first coach said Brazil player should play less Brazil ... to play idiot Giampaolo’s system. No creative, no ideas.... and our team scored 4 goal in 4 match

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He looked way out of his depth from the first game.

Pls save our season and let this fodder go

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why the fuck are you analyzing player performances after these matches?

Sack this fuck and after 2-3 matches we can see what the players are really capable of.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
should integrate new players into the first 11 as soon as possible
shit choices for too long...

but last games
vs torino team had many chances to score to end the game but donna sponsored first goal.
vs fio hakan 2 goals, benna many mistakes, musa red, suso walking

for me its more players faults than coach.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Whatever ideas he has in his head, about how the game should be played, are not getting trough to the players.

Everybody out there looks like a Serie C player, there is zero improvement from game to game. He should be immediately fired, but he is probably gonna stay at least another 5 games, if by some individual brilliance we win the game against Genoa.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Time to man up and drop these frauds from the team bud .

Kessie , Piatek , Suso , Musachio , RR snd Hakan are just holding the team back .

Hakan still the best out of these 6.

Not Playing Kessie , Piatek snd Suso is most important imo as they are making everyone worse around them

Donna
Calabria Duarte Romagnoli Theo
Krunic Biglia Bennacer
Paqueta
Leao Rebic

Atleast give your 4-3-1-2 a proper shot before your ass gets fired !

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Screenshot-2019-09-30-at-4-25-37-PM.png

Our saviour!

Atleast his free kicks are 100x better than Hakan fraudoglu.

Schedule