AC Milan - Champions League 2011/2012

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
nice group overall, I was almost sure before the draw that we'll get Barca, don't really think it's a coincidence, Uefa certainly wanted to have it this way :o

the good thing is that we can play against the best and see where we are and if we have a good chance against them

Bate and Plzen can be more annoying than Barca because we all know that Milan often like to lose points against those small teams, so I wouldn't take anything for granted, but hopefully this time we get all possible points against those two small teams.

And we also should sign one more player, to have a better chance in CL, our midfield is a bit weak, even if we have Aquilani now.

Schedule

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Official matchday data released by UEFA, this is our schedual for the groupfase of the CL2011/2012:

Matchday 1: Tuesday 13 September 2011: FC Barcelona-AC Milan
Matchday 2: Wednesday 28 September 2011: AC Milan-Viktoria Plzen
Matchday 3: Wednesday 19 October 2011: AC Milan-Bate Borisov
Matchday 4: Tuesday 1 November 2011: Bate Borisov-AC Milan
Matchday 5: Wednesday 23 November 2011: AC Milan-FC Barcelona
Matchday 6:
Tuesday 6 December 2011: Viktoria Plzen-AC Milan

For all info go to: http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/Draws/01/66/79/36/1667936_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Reaction score
Personally I think this is an excellent group. We have a crack at Barca and we should at least qualify second. Another bonus is no Barca in the next round. Forza Milan!!

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
If we win or draw the first game we have an excellent chance of winning the group.

fazio

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Kessie, Oblak, Haaland, Mbappe, Theo, Kante, Son
images

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
Am I correct in thinking that we cant then face Barca till the final ;)

yonix

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think its random draw in second round of playoffs, isn't it? So we could still get them sooner.

Good draw indeed. We got the strongest team so we can see where we stand and we should have four easy games which should help us rotate the team more. I have to say im satisfied.

If we get dominated by barcelona then I expect we will have good winter mercato to... jokes aside...It was a good draw ihmo.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Personally I think this is an excellent group. We have a crack at Barca and we should at least qualify second. Another bonus is no Barca in the next round. Forza Milan!!

I can't agree more !! Awesome group and if you are really good may get luck all the way to the round of 16 !!

Reaction score
as unpredictable as football can be, i am utterly confidant of making the round of 16. to be honest, i will be highly disappointed if we arent one of the last 8.

ROSSONERO_PR

I-BRA-vissimo !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, NESTA, KAKA', KALADZE, BEHRAMI, LORIK CANA, BOGDANI, PATO, MARADONA, M.V.B etc.
Official Serie A games in October;

A.C.MILAN vs Lazio (HOME), on October 11^n, It will be on October 10, for sure :(

After 3 days BARCA game :conf:

After BARCA, It is NAPOLI game (AWAY) on October 18.

ROSSONERO_PR

I-BRA-vissimo !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, NESTA, KAKA', KALADZE, BEHRAMI, LORIK CANA, BOGDANI, PATO, MARADONA, M.V.B etc.
Fiorentina vs A.C.MILAN on November 20 (AWAY), 3 days after We meet BARCA in San SIRO :fp:

and A.C.MILAN vs Chievo (HOME) after BARCA, not BAD :cool:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Atleast if we have to get beat by Barça, will be in the group stage.. no damages..
Beat the beer team and Bate('bate' means 'beat' in portuguese btw) on 4 games is our target for now.
I think we gonna do ok.

Hope we get Man U. in the round of 16.

Reaction score
the sadest thing is that we are champions of italy 7 times CL winners and yet winning the CL this year seems so far away at this moment

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
I guess my sentiment is quite the same like everyone here. We have a chance to show what we can do against the best team in the world now (few won't challenge that) and see what we can do. 2 seasons ago Milan was written off before the CL started when we were paired with Real Madrid after they got C. Ronaldo and Kaka but we showed the world that we can beat them.

Allegri was saying that Milan is on par with every team in the world but only Barca is above us, so now we can show the world what we can do and really put them to the test. We've always wondered how we will do against Barca so now it's the time to see how far or how close we are to be at their level. A draw at the Nou Camp and a win at the home will surely lift our CL contender credibility. And another good thing is, we won't play against them in the second round.

Really can't wait for this. I'm excited to see how our midfield of Boateng, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Aquilani fared vs the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas. Not to mention how the likes of T. Silva, Nesta and Abate cope with Messi and David Villa.

Can't be happier with the draw. For the next round, I want an EPL club so we can banish the 3 defeats

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
After reading the thread it seems like all of us (me included) are lacking in confidence since we haven't pass the round of 16 in last 4 years (heck, we didn't even get to participate in one of those years).

Hence, we are doubting ourselves. CONFIDENCE is a very interesting attribute of human nature, isn't it?

In reality, I think our team is far far better than the teams of last 4 years. We are much faster, younger, deeper in squad and highly motivated to do well.

Thus, I guess this team will surprise us with their performance, even probably they will surprise themselves.

And yes, I want an EPL club to beat crap out of them in the round of 16. Also, I want Manure to hand them the defeat which we have always given them except only on one occasion when they moved forward in CL at our expense. The record is now 5 - 1 against them but people always forget that statistics which I want to remind them.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Perfect draw for Allegri. He still needs to get used to big teams outside Italy and what better way than to test himself against Barcelona.
Anyways:

We lose vs Barcelona = We qualify
We win vs Barcelona = We qualify

Situation = WIN WIN WIN!!

Playing Barca in the very beginning will make us a much better team, even if we lose both games we will find out where our weakness lies and what we have to do to improve, this will only motivate us more to get better. And its a perfect test to see where we stand in our CL hopes

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Official Serie A games in October;

A.C.MILAN vs Lazio (HOME), on October 11^n, It will be on October 10, for sure :(

After 3 days BARCA game :conf:

After BARCA, It is NAPOLI game (AWAY) on October 18.

if thats the case they usually reschedule the games according to the CL schedule, this happens often cz the serie a schedule is made before CL

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I guess my sentiment is quite the same like everyone here. We have a chance to show what we can do against the best team in the world now (few won't challenge that) and see what we can do. 2 seasons ago Milan was written off before the CL started when we were paired with Real Madrid after they got C. Ronaldo and Kaka but we showed the world that we can beat them.

Allegri was saying that Milan is on par with every team in the world but only Barca is above us, so now we can show the world what we can do and really put them to the test. We've always wondered how we will do against Barca so now it's the time to see how far or how close we are to be at their level. A draw at the Nou Camp and a win at the home will surely lift our CL contender credibility. And another good thing is, we won't play against them in the second round.

Really can't wait for this. I'm excited to see how our midfield of Boateng, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ambrosini, Aquilani fared vs the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas. Not to mention how the likes of T. Silva, Nesta and Abate cope with Messi and David Villa.

Can't be happier with the draw. For the next round, I want an EPL club so we can banish the 3 defeats

the good thing with our defense now is that both or LB and RB are very fast, so even though Messi will surely dribble past them a few times throughout the games at least they can cope with his speed.

The other thing is that Gattuso is suspended for 4 more games in CL

Reaction score
i noticed that prandelli packed the midfield in the italy vs spain match a couple weeks ago. it seemed to work rather well in containing spains creative midfielders, most of which you already know, play for barca. perhaps play a 4-5-1, and do just that....

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i noticed that prandelli packed the midfield in the italy vs spain match a couple weeks ago. it seemed to work rather well in containing spains creative midfielders, most of which you already know, play for barca. perhaps play a 4-5-1, and do just that....

That could probably work, maybe putting robinho as a more of LAM and Pato RAM while Ibra as the lone striker. Something like that idk

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The other thing is that Gattuso is suspended for 4 more games in CL

Good point, totally forgot about this fact. BTW, I think he is suspended for 5 games, which means that he can't even play against Barca for our group stage home game.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Good point, totally forgot about this fact. BTW, I think he is suspended for 5 games, which means that he can't even play against Barca for our group stage home game.

He got 4+1 and sat out the game at WHite Hart Lane. So he will be eligible for Barca at San Siro.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
That could probably work, maybe putting robinho as a more of LAM and Pato RAM while Ibra as the lone striker. Something like that idk

Pato can't play RAM in a 4-5-1.

It would have to be summin like ..

--Aqua--Bommel--Dorf---

-----Boa-----Robinho----

---------Ibra------------

which is pretty close to what we play already anyways

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
i would probably spread barcelona on the field.. put pato and robinho in each side.. and ibra or cassano on the middle.. bommel, boateng marking.. and aquilani to make the crossing pass for the wingers.. have to put pato or robinho on abidal all the time.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
List of Champions League: El-Shaarawy and Bonera duel for a place

If the play Daniele Bonera and Stephan El Sharaawy the last square, according to the latest rumors in the Champions League list, which will be delivered by AC Milan in the UEFA today. Flamini's injury and the departure of Oddo has not been sufficient to allow both players in question to be part of the 25 selected.

I hope its SES92, we've got Yepes and Mexes for CB cover already and we've got 4 group-matches in which SES92 can really gain some valuable CL experience.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
List of Champions League: El-Shaarawy and Bonera duel for a place

I hope its SES92, we've got Yepes and Mexes for CB cover already and we've got 4 group-matches in which SES92 can really gain some valuable CL experience.

It depends if Zambro and Antonini can be vice-RB's... It's been a while since they played there, specially Anto.
Bonera can cover all defensive positions.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
True. I did not really expect Oddo to leave. We need Bonera for cover. El Shaarawy's time will come.