Clarence Seedorf Thread

When will he get rid of the black scarf?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
drucurl said:
I feel far more uneasy when Pirlo has the ball
when pirlo gets the ball, player tries to press him, he turns his back to him and shields theb all... its like wathicg a horror movie :) I just pray he will drop a back-pass quick enough even though i'm sick of those numerous no-idea back passes.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I would say all of Milan's midfielders have been very inconsistent apart from Gattuso, we know that this is the way Seedorf has always been & Pirlo has played only four games & been pretty poor.

I think everybody believes that if those players are really playing badly then at least one of them should be taken off or left out of certain games & then no-one would argue.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
haha, some juventus fan writing about nedved...reminded me of our "clarence" even he isn't old like nedved

It's enough, it doesn't matter anymore that he was one of the best, this is now, not the past... he is slow, much weaker skills, and he almost can't shoot anymore. It's ridiculous that Juve should continue to play him and hand him new contracts as soon as he scores one or two goals, it does not change the fact.
And because of this a big talent is rotting on the sideline, Giovinco is on good way to end up just like Palladino, they never learn.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Clarence Seedorf: Italy Is Stupid, Not Racist

The Dutchman doesn't believe Italy is a racist country, just stupid, in the sense that many of its people look down upon those who are not Italian - that's xenophobia, I think you'll find, Clarence...

Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf doesn't believe Italy is a racist country, a statement coming just weeks after Inter defender Cristian Chivu said it was.

The former Inter, Ajax and Real Madrid star is one of Milan's unsung heroes. Seedorf is a model professional and, after having lived in Italy for nine years, he doesn't believe the country is racist, although he thinks there are cultural integration problem, with Italians finding it difficult to live or work alongside other ethnic minorities.

"Italy is a lovely country and most of the people there are really nice," Seedorf told La Repubblica.

"I don't think it's a racist country and I think we need to be careful when speaking about this subject.

"The more you talk about it, the more you advertise racism. However, I think there is a cultural stupidity where people try and take it out on the weakest.

"The weakest are the gypsies who come from the poor countries, those from Africa. Italy also has poor people and the homeless. It's not racism but just stupidity."

The Rossoneri clash with Juventus this weekend and both teams will be looking towards maximum points in an attempt not to lose touch with Inter at the helm.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.crap

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
drucurl said:
"The more you talk about it, the more you advertise racism. However, I think there is a cultural stupidity where people try and take it out on the weakest.
spot on :)

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan's Seedorf Not Considering Life After Football

Milan midfield star Clarence Seedorf still feels up to the challenge of professional football at the highest level.

Few players can boast that they are as well travelled and experienced as Milan's Dutch midfield maestro.

A true model of professionalism, Seedorf has played at some of Europe's best clubs, and it is by no means luck that his time at a club often coincides with a successful period for the team.

He has played for Ajax, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and their cross-town cousins AC Milan, improving with each journey like a fine wine only gets better with age. He is the only player to have won the UEFA Champions League with three different teams.

In an interview with Gianni Mura in the Repubblica, Seedorf spoke about the present and his future. “Do I enjoy playing still? I only truly enjoy myself when I play as a classic number ten behind two strikers. But seeing as they do not pay me to enjoy myself, but rather to have the team's interests in mind, I play further back.”

Seedorf continued, “My football evolution has seen my continuously move back down the pitch, but that's fine, considering the fact that my body allows me to do so. What do I want to do after my football career is over? I don't think about that yet. I still feel young and strong.”

goal

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
dev1L said:
Milan's Seedorf Not Considering Life After Football

Milan midfield star Clarence Seedorf still feels up to the challenge of professional football at the highest level.

Few players can boast that they are as well travelled and experienced as Milan's Dutch midfield maestro.

A true model of professionalism, Seedorf has played at some of Europe's best clubs, and it is by no means luck that his time at a club often coincides with a successful period for the team.

He has played for Ajax, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and their cross-town cousins AC Milan, improving with each journey like a fine wine only gets better with age. He is the only player to have won the UEFA Champions League with three different teams.

In an interview with Gianni Mura in the Repubblica, Seedorf spoke about the present and his future. “Do I enjoy playing still? I only truly enjoy myself when I play as a classic number ten behind two strikers. But seeing as they do not pay me to enjoy myself, but rather to have the team's interests in mind, I play further back.”

Seedorf continued, “My football evolution has seen my continuously move back down the pitch, but that's fine, considering the fact that my body allows me to do so. What do I want to do after my football career is over? I don't think about that yet. I still feel young and strong.”

goal

Joke of the day.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to the most disgraceful number 10 of Milan. Seriously number 10 does not fit him. I do not give a shit when he becomes godlike for 5 matches/season. Is that clear enough? Anyways, wish him the best.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
^What a disgraceful comment to make. Seedorf has always conducted himself well for Milan always putting the side first and making sacrifices, in his own game, to better the squad.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
how come so many people aren't ashamed of pouring so many shit on Clarence???

pathetic.

when he scored and assisted so many times,you all screamed :"Forza Seedorf!!!"

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
San Paolo said:
^What a disgraceful comment to make. Seedorf has always conducted himself well for Milan always putting the side first and making sacrifices, in his own game, to better the squad.

Yeah of course like last season for example when Gourcuff was rotting on the bench and not complaining to the press that his not played ,he felt the need that some one has to bitch to the press about how much he sacrifices him self when he walks on the pitch.

It`s not really sacrifice when u say it out loud to the press is it now ? :rolleyes:

Edit one more thing :There`s only 3 people in this team that actually sacrificed for Milan and does are : Maldini ,Gattuso &Ambro.

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Az. said:
Yeah of course like last season for example when Gourcuff was rotting on the bench and not complaining to the press that his not played ,he felt the need that some one has to bitch to the press about how much he sacrifices him self when he walks on the pitch.
Not really he basically chose to do so whilst leaving Milan. Oh Ancelotti didn't ring me Boo Fuckin' Hoo.
Az. said:
It`s not really sacrifice when u say it out loud to the press is it now ? :rolleyes:
I suppose it isn't bitching as well when the player who does so is Kaka. Seedorf has played out of position for the past 6-7 seasons, and at the time Ronaldinho comes to Milan Kaka has a bit of a whinge and we should give him a pay rise?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Az. said:
Edit one more thing :There`s only 3 people in this team that actually sacrificed for Milan and does are : Maldini ,Gattuso &Ambro.
Inzaghi?!?... When has he ever complained?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Inzaghi?!?... When has he ever complained?

I was talking about sacrifice,and yes pippo did that to. I Feel kinda ashamed that i forgot him,his passion for the red and black shirt is undeniable also,u just have to look at his face every time he scores :star:

About KAka,man i know ..as u saw i did not mention him in my post,i totally agree of what u said about him,and lately whit all the diving i`m starting really not to like him.

About Gou: the decision to leave Milan was not 100% his.He asked to be given more chances this season,the management said no and they said to him there gonna loan him out to a team where he can play as much as he needs to develop his talent.

But wait that would have been perfect,but the stupid management decided to put a buy out clause in the contract also.Now what messege does that send?

A loan is fine,it sends the message that there`s a 100% chance for the player to come back if he performs well.But a loan whit a buy out clause sends this msg: we may consider giving u chance if u perform well or we may just pick the money over u.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Which shows Milan had no real intentions of bring Gourcuff back. It was basically a stupid decision to add that into his contract, but Gourcuff probably asked for it.

I'm happy for Gourcuff that he is improving and stepping up his game. It has always been the case with Italian clubs and Milan to loan out younger players but hardly ever require them back. Well, until they are 30 and cost 3 times they did prior to us selling them.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Not really he basically chose to do so whilst leaving Milan. Oh Ancelotti didn't ring me Boo Fuckin' Hoo.

I suppose it isn't bitching as well when the player who does so is Kaka. Seedorf has played out of position for the past 6-7 seasons, and at the time Ronaldinho comes to Milan Kaka has a bit of a whinge and we should give him a pay rise?
Both these players are very loyal & the club is very loyal to them. Seedorf says some funny stuff from time to time & it should just be taken be taken as Seedorf comments. We know Seedorf is inconsistent & mixes good with bad & he has always been like that, he has however been very successful.

Kaka' made some suggestions to better the team & he even explained them all after as well & he ment them all for the good of the team(me further forward at times could mean more goals for the side & we are working on it in training) as he explained & also said him & Ronaldinho work all the time to get better & gradually they are getting their & will eventually get their in full, he said today he would even play in net if required(starting to go abit over the top).

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DSM said:
Both these players are very loyal & the club is very loyal to them. Seedorf says some funny stuff from time to time & it should just be taken be taken as Seedorf comments. We know Seedorf is inconsistent & mixes good with bad & he has always been like that, he has however been very successful.

DSM said:
Kaka' made some suggestions to better the team & he even explained them all after as well & he ment them all for the good of the team(me further forward at times could mean more goals for the side & we are working on it in training) as he explained & also said him & Ronaldinho work all the time to get better & gradually they are getting their & will eventually get their in full, he said today he would even play in net if required(starting to go abit over the top).
Well of course. I can imagine a large number of us being loyal to a club who ups your contract three times in the space of 12-18 months. Seedorf is reknown for being outspoken although he is a very well respected person in the football community and modelled professional off the field.

I know the media takes things out of context from time to time, but for mine Kaka has changed a lot from the person he was before. He gives me mixed thoughts which sometimes makes me question what his real intentions are with the club.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Well of course. I can imagine a large number of us being loyal to a club who ups your contract three times in the space of 12-18 months. Seedorf is reknown for being outspoken although he is a very well respected person in the football community and modelled professional off the field.

I know the media takes things out of context from time to time, but for mine Kaka has changed a lot from the person he was before. He gives me mixed thoughts which sometimes makes me question what his real intentions are with the club.
Kaka' was asked aquestion of how he thought Milan where playing & how they could improve & gave acouple of suggestions & explained them straight away & said everything he says is always in the teams interests & that him & Ancelotti discuss these all the time.It was part of amassive interview where he said he had never been happier at Milan & would never ever leave & praised the likes of Ronaldinho,Boriello & Gattuso. Just because he says acouple of suggestions to improve the side because of the sort of question he has been asked he has explain stuff.

He said to the English that their league is aleague he respects(being polite), but does'nt want to leave Milan & he gets questioned when he has been saying the exact same things to Spain for 3 years.

He has been saying the very same things for three or four years-being polite to other countries, but always respecting Milan & the fact he never ever wants to leave.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
It's a shame that some people in here think that Kaka' has done no sacrifices for Milan, even though he threatened his career by playing with a Knee Injury for a full season with us. It's also shameful that some people are ready to twist his words, like goal.com, to suit the argumentative needs.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Poor display by Clarence. He really has to up his game if we're to get a decent result at the end of the season. I know he's made an issue of playing deeper in midfield, but given the opportunity against Juve, he was poor to say the least/

zank

CREDIAMO18
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FB6-PM3-AN13-GG8-R70-ZI11-NEXT
610x.jpg

icon_lol.gif
icon_redface.gif

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
^^
LOL :D
awesome
egg head

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol would have been funny if the ball would have hit him in the face :D

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
I think the management will have to let him go sooner or later. He's becoming a bit too inconsistent - at times brilliant, at others, basically useless (recent Serie A match against Fiorentina). And he's not on the bright side of the 30, either. I'd say get that Gourcuff fellow back in the squad, from what I've seen him and Benzema are progressing exponentially in the Ligue. And whilst this economic stagnation continues, it's a good excuse to cultivate some young Italian talent, it is the Serie A after all..

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think the management will have to let him go sooner or later. He's becoming a bit too inconsistent - at times brilliant, at others, basically useless (recent Serie A match against Fiorentina). And he's not on the bright side of the 30, either. I'd say get that Gourcuff fellow back in the squad, from what I've seen him and Benzema are progressing exponentially in the Ligue. And whilst this economic stagnation continues, it's a good excuse to cultivate some young Italian talent, it is the Serie A after all..

Seedorf has been like this all his career.

kakarauf

Banned
Reaction score

But what about these "family" values we have here at Milan :rolleyes::head:

Schedule