Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
I'm so glad Gattuso is coaching this Milan team, I'm excited to see what he can do with a full season in hand and pre-season to test out formations and to get the players to gel together. Forza Rino :star:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I love that he said his greatest regret was the inability to experiment tactically since we were so up against the wall ever since he came on. I'm really looking forward to what he can do through the pre-season and early parts of next season.

With the players we have, we must have more tactical options to be prepared for next season.

lets hope his experiments doesn't end up like montella's.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
This could be another Montella situation in the making, especially when Ren& Stimpy who are currently heading this transfer window have said that they will work closely with Rino on the transfer window, instead of running a project.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Even without CL football I would want to play under Gattuso. Let's not forget he is not some unknown and was world class in his playing days. He couldn't score, he couldn't really pass but he had more heart and more fire in his belly than any player ive seen. The way he destroyed Ronaldo in the two games against United in our 2007 CL win was brilliant

I agree with you on 2/3 of those.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Anybody who wants Gattuso gone can suck my dick from the back

giphy.gif

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I think Rino is the man for us at the moment.

Milan pedigree, tough as nails, master motivator, grinta - he is very self-aware of maximizing strengths and minimizing weaknesses. He's one of our own.

Sure it would be nice to get an established winner like Conte, who's name has been thrown about a lot here. But as much as that is tempting Conte has the stink of Juventus on him. And we all saw how much Conte struggled with a limited budget and gaping holes in the squad composition at Chelsea last season.

So Rino is the best person for the job and I hope he does really well. Would be awkward for Leo and Maldini to fire him if he doesn't.

Maybe he would benefit from an assistant coach who is a master tactician. Kind of like Henk Ten Cate was to Rijkaard at Barcelona.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Gattuso: "Donnarumma and Reina? In my mind a goalkeeper will play two competitions and the other will play the remaining one. If Gigio takes an example from how Reina talks and trains he can become the best in the world."

reina for EL and coppa italia please

Nirvana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Although a disappointing season overall the future looks bright for me.

Gattuso will have pre-season to get the team gelling together and integrating new players.

Even without CL football I would want to play under Gattuso. Let's not forget he is not some unknown and was world class in his playing days. He couldn't score, he couldn't really pass but he had more heart and more fire in his belly than any player ive seen. The way he destroyed Ronaldo in the two games against United in our 2007 CL win was brilliant

As highlighted above only Juve and Roma got more points in the league than Gattuso's Milan did. The players will have played along side each over for an entire season and I have no doubt Gattuso can get us at least 4th place next year with a little luck and a few additions to the squad.

Forza Gattuo!

Good for you :thumbsup:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Gattuso: "Donnarumma and Reina? In my mind a goalkeeper will play two competitions and the other will play the remaining one. If Gigio takes an example from how Reina talks and trains he can become the best in the world."

Yup that’s what I’d like to see.

Rino is so wise

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
For the love of God stop the team playing out from the back every single fucking time!

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
As much as I love him, but I blame this loss of 2-0 lead on him. This starting from the back shit just doesn't work with this squad. It made us very shaky, put a lot of stress on players and lose potential attacks.

Napoli 1st goal started from such a situation, if I'm not mistaken. It was Musakio's pass, not Biglia's fault.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Oh but he’s the coach oh but he sees them in training and we don’t. Go eat shit can’t fucking stand being coached by amateurs

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
So you take out bonucci and ask Biglia to control the build up and this is what happens eh? :D

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
My take on this this horrible performance is that we used most of the pre season to build up fitness (which will benefit us in the long run during the season), Rino complained about the lack of fitness last season. That means we haven't trained so much with the ball and that showed.

I'm also guessing that from now on there will be less fitness and more ball work no/homo.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope Rino can turn it back but when he decided Locatelli expendable and Bertolacci a MUST-STAY player it gave me doubts about his eye-test skill of talent.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I hope Rino can turn it back but when he decided Locatelli expendable and Bertolacci a MUST-STAY player it gave me doubts about his eye-test skill of talent.

yeah because that's totally the case :rolleyes:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
For the love of God stop the team playing out from the back every single fucking time!

This starting from the back shit just doesn't work with this squad. It made us very shaky, put a lot of stress on players and lose potential attacks.

Napoli 1st goal started from such a situation, if I'm not mistaken. It was Musakio's pass, not Biglia's fault.

:fp: we can't play long ball, we don't have players to play long ball. ball will come right back to our half in no time. remember bonucci long balls last season or inzaghi tenure? we needed to hold the ball well in their half which we couldn't do. we needed to press them like they did to us which we couldn't do either. we played great first half playing out of back and even scored the beautiful second goal. there were moments where biglia gave away possession cheaply but that shouldn't scare us. napoli lost lots of ball at their back too, every team does and defense and gk should always be ready for moments like this instead of acting surprised. we should learn when to launch quick counter attack and when to recycle ball for possession and pin them on their own half. always going for quick attack will cost us physically and tactically. what basically happened against napoli was we get the ball, we try to counter attack, we lose the ball and napoli back on our throats again. this is why we lost not because we played out of back.

playing out of back is step in the right direction. next step: learn keep the ball at opponent's half and press them immediately when we lose the ball there.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Did anyone observed that our midfielders are not doing their job during Napoli 1st and 3rd goals? They should be protecting the defence but they are not.

1st Goal: Zielinski is unmarked, free to run and take his time to shoot at goal. Furthermore the closest mildfielder Kessie didn't even closed him down.

3rd Goal: Offside, RR didn't marked and Calabria caught ball watching.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

I'd rather have Donnarumma for EL and Coppa

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Just Coppa, i wouldn't mind going far in a European competition.

Imagine shelling out 12 mil to a 19 year old that only plays Coppa :lol: kill me now...

No let him play EL as well and maybe no one will remember that we're paying all this money to him.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Still worried he isnt the right guy for the job.

You see this from time to time- a guy who makes everything about attitude can really help you in the short run (like Rino last season) but if there isnt a serious tactical approach behind it you end up in trouble in the long run.

I thought after last season we need to either go in a completely different direction, or if our ownership really had strong feelings about Rino hire a veteran manager (Carlo would have been perfect, but there are other good options) to take Rino under his wing for a season or two to get him up to speed tactically.

I'm worried that Rino will not be able to overcome our weaknesses, and we will pay for it.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Needs to fuck off and coach in Serie B, he is not ready for Milan.

Schedule