Jose Mourinho Thread

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You felt the need to post this obvious bullshit in two separate threads? Good Lord.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
if carlo is leaving,then i don`t want this guy,i want lippi..

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Mourinho Set For Milan Despite Barça Enquiry

José Mourinho's future is the subject of fierce debate in Spain as the Catalan papers have him lined up for AC Milan, while in Madrid they claim he could replace Frank Rijkaard at Camp Nou.
The Portuguese coach has stated his intention to take over at one of Europe's top clubs and Italy has looked set to be his preferred destination until now.

AS believe that Barça president Joan Laporta has enquired about his future during a meeting with the former Chelsea boss' agent, Jorge Mendes.

While Laporta met Mendes to discuss Deco, Mourinho's name was said to have cropped up and the pair talked about what his plans were and his availability.

Rijkaard is under pressure to restore Barcelona's fortunes and while the gap between them and Real Madrid remains seven points, speculation over his position will continue.

Even AS do concede that Mourinho could well replace Carlo Ancelotti at AC Milan and suggest that the trainer has even signed a pre-contract with the Rossoneri.

With the thought of Mourinho taking over at Barça causing angst among the Blaugrana dailies, Sport are keen to state that he is definitely heading for the San Siro.

Despite Bayern Munich's supposed interest, Milan are working hard behind-the-scenes to secure the services of the coach that they believe will revitalise the club.

Silbio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani are concerned by Inter's dominance of the league and believe that Mourinho, along with a host of new players, will be able to deliver them the title.

Sport add that is an open secret that a deal is set to be done to ward off interest from any other suitors and ensure that Mourinho becomes the new Milan coach

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=539035

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
goal.com said:
Mourinho Set For Milan Despite Barça Enquiry

Silbio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani are concerned by Inter's dominance of the league and believe that Mourinho, along with a host of new players, will be able to deliver them the title.

if ancelotti is given better players i`m sure he could do it as well..

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
There's no chance for Mourinho to be better than Ancceloti. When Anceloti's contract expire there are so many ex-Milanistas succesfull coaches. I just don't like someone like Mourinho to be our coach thats all. He never played football in high level, dosen't understand Italian football, he is admirer of boring football and worst of that is than his statments for everything about a club, players and his rivals are almost everyday in press. At Milan that just dosen't work.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i think if we get mourinho we would be stronger overall since he hates losing, but if he is to join then he has to drop his attitude to be able to settle in with the environment we have had for such a long time and that has bought us so many trophies.

for me the scudetto is just as big as the CL and he can bring us both, the only reason he couldnt do it at chelsea is because they dont have the CL mentality and the team is fake

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Jivara said:
i think if we get mourinho we would be stronger overall since he hates losing, but if he is to join then he has to drop his attitude to be able to settle in with the environment we have had for such a long time and that has bought us so many trophies.

for me the scudetto is just as big as the CL and he can bring us both, the only reason he couldnt do it at chelsea is because they dont have the CL mentality and the team is fake
-ancelotti hates losing too,but with these players there is nothing he can do about it.. :tongue:
-i doubt mourinho would want to change himslef just to suite us..
-i prefer cl,but we haven`t won scudetto for a long time and it should be more important than the cl for us in the next few years..
-i really think our cl mentality is down to ancelotti,although i could be wrong..
he probably prepares better for cl games and it`s obvious that his tactics are better suited for europe than for seria A..

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Here is an very important fact:
Ancelotti in Italy:
6 years in Milan+ 3 years in Juventus= 1 Scudetto,
9 years in the strongest italian clubs only one title this is at least pathetic. Every coach in serie A in 9 years with this teams could win a title, common lets be realistic,

And here is another very important fact:
Ancelotti in Europe:
6 years in Milan=
2 Champions Leagues,
2 European Supercups,
1 Intercontinental Cup,
1 ch.league final
1 ch.l semifinal
1 uefa cup semifinal
1 ch.l. quarterfinal

Tell me is there any coach in the world that in todays football has/can do better??

So it`s not all about players isn`t it??
Its more about a mentality, Carleto is more CUP-TRAINER i think, Mourinho is different thats why i think if we want to win serie A we need a coach like him,
BTW i always preffer Champions over serie A

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Well Ancelotti also has a lot of second places in Serie A, which IMO isn't that bad for his record either considering he can't always win it (needless to say that his first real sucky season in Serie A came last season). He is more of "CUP" coach, but I wouldn't rule him out on a long championship.

I would also like to see how the team does in Serie A this second round cause in the last 3 seasons we were so-so/bad in the first half (which IMO led us to lose the scudetto in both 04-05 and 05-06) and in the second half we made the same amount of points as the champions did, and we even closed huge gaps with Juve in both seasons that we ended up as runners up (in 05-06, had Juve lost one more misserable game, we would have been the champions, as we would have tied in points, but had more goals + 4 points against Juve + we weren't too bad in the defense, and we had a lot more points than them in the second half of the season). It would just be interesting to analize why that happens, bad preparation at the start?, slow starting players? (90% of them are the same as 5 years ago, so it can be the players too), problems with adaption of the newbies?, lack of motivation that a huge summer mercato can give?

Or simple, is it also in the Milan DNA to not be a local championship team (after all, we did spend 40 years without winning the Serie A, and we went to Serie B once-not counting the first one-for sucking), but to be more of a outside Italy club? A mentality that you can find in the fans too. I wouldn't say it's just Ancelotti's mentality.

Eitherway, it wouldn't have made much of a difference that we won or didn't win the 04-05, and 05-06 scudetto's as both would have been taken away (and who knows, maybe we would have gotten ourselves in a more bigger problem than what we faced had we won them).

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
milanissimo said:
So it`s not all about players isn`t it??
Its more about a mentality,
no, it's more about priorities + the reasons behind. it's about what's achievable with an aging/old squad + short bench + what's financially lucrative.

David-Regal

Maldini groupie
Reaction score
Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
*Milan*4ever* said:
-i really think our cl mentality is down to ancelotti,although i could be wrong..
he probably prepares better for cl games and it`s obvious that his tactics are better suited for europe than for seria A..
Ancelotti is a different coach when in CL compared to the same him in league.

Look at his tactical changes in CL matches (esp. Inzaghi in the Shakhtar 0-3 Milan match). And then look at his changes in the league. What a huge difference...

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazy4milan said:
(needless to say that his first real sucky season in Serie A came last season).

IMO first sucky season was 2002-03, we finished about 15 points behind Juventus, despite the fact that we had much better team than them+they reached the ch.l. final to,
and also this season we r suckin` + it`s almost sure that we cannot be in the first 3

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i think the aim of the management is to overtake real madrid in winning the CL, they already said that it was the aim to become the top team in the world after the CWC but football fans still think real is the biggest team in club football due to the 9 CLs they have.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
milanissimo said:
IMO first sucky season was 2002-03, we finished about 15 points behind Juventus, despite the fact that we had much better team than them+they reached the ch.l. final to,
and also this season we r suckin` + it`s almost sure that we cannot be in the first 3
I don't think we sucked in the 02-03 league, we actually advance a lot considering the other 2 seasons before that one. Besides I think that around March when everyone realized we had a shot at the CL (a trophy that we didn't won for 9 years), we just decided to give up on Lo scudetto as a) Juve was incredibly strong (for me it's the best Juve since the one of the late 90's), b) it could turn out to be an unnecessary physical effort, as once again Juve was too strong. Besides -15 of the first place ain't a bad thing.

Yes, we are sucking this season (we also have 3 games less, that could mean anything 3 wins, 3 loses, 3 ties, a mix of all), and I'm not sure we can reach the 3rd place, but we still have a chance to turn things around.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
imo mourinho is a great manager. however, there will always be critics because of the amount of money he spent. hes entertaining aswel.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldo, Pato, Seedorf, Nesta, Gourcuff,Inzaghi.......
mourinho.....

ancelotti is doin fine.....

at the moment that is....it all depends if ancelotti wants to coach italy's national team then........mourinho will be a good coach

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Ok if there is another JM thread out there just merge, shoot me etc etc :head: .

I wanted to intelligently (sorry mASStermark we haven't developed the translator yet :cry: ) discuss the pros and cons of the "Special One" instead of the silly rhetoric "JM=god :o ", "JM sucks" or the ever popular favourite "Anyone except Anshitloti".

I will attempt to list the pros and cons of JM and be as objective as possible (Well as much as an Ancelotti groupie can of course :D )

PROS:
1) If JM is KNOWN for anything it's consistency (we haven't had that in a while)
2) Arguably increased probability of league success
3) Definitely the squad will be improved as only the fittest and the most in form will get in. Oldies will be booted. Liabilities will be sold.
4a)Ba will win FOUR WOPY/Golden balls consecutively muwahahahahaaah :D
4b) #4a Will NEVER happen as Ba will be auctioned on Ebay for an even more faggotty looking scarf
5)Width will be restored and the likes of Quaresma will wear red and black
6)Mourinho will SURELY get a new GK and there will be a collective sigh of relief among most.
7)He won't take shit from B&G and demand what is required
8)Our team will for the first time in years be able to compete on all four fronts
9)Most likely we'll acquire more Italian talent and less brazilians
10)Paloschi will be properly nurtured for sure

CONS:
1) Mourinho can be a bit of a bad ass at times and this may erode the family atmosphere somewhat
2)Kaka might end up suffering as do many CAM'S under Mourinho who prefers wing play.
3)The finer elements of the game tend to get lost in his workmanlike displays......manytimes you could watch a Chelsea game and fall asleep even though they are winning 3-0
4)He is not a true rossonero unlike MVB, Ancelotti, Rijkaard, Guillit.....his enduring love for Chelsea is kinda distasteful....plus he wants to become an international coach at some stage
5)I am wondering whether he has the patience with artistic players like Pirlo, Kaka, Pato and Seedorf. I can see at least two of these getting frustrated with him and his returning the favour by benching them.
6)If JM does resurrect Gila, he and many attackers will dramatically increase the quality and quantity of diving.
7)Mourinho's textbook football seems ill suited to Europe.
8)On a personal level its' borderline nauseating to bear his arrogance at times
9)A coach with little sentiment......his all buisness approach will not tolerate any special treatment to even the legends. This is good for practicality sake but reduces the romantic allure of Milan. Who else takes such care of players even if they are slightly past it. Milan's humanity is second to none. We are a team that win big and lose big.......consistent is good but can be boring. Mourinho will never for instace allow Maldini to play and rightly so. However the charm will be gone. We have to ask ourselves are we a ferarri (exotic, romantic, beautiful, impractical, unreliable) or are we a WRX (manageable, reasonable, consistent great but nothing out of the ordinary)
10)Potential fallout with management will always loom as two of the biggest egos in football clash (again)

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
a lot of his transfers turn out to be bad.
i think he actually likes to play in the centre where he likes to have strong players (essien, mikel) etc. he likes 1 player from cm to be more attacking (this was lampards role)

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Man above me:

I've noticed a disturbing trend in your posts of late. They seem to be colourless, drab and lacking emotion. How about brightening things up a bit? Use a smiley or two :o

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Not a chance Jose will be manager of Milan because for a start Milan will not pay his salary, he is too loud and also the management make every decision and that includes relating to every player(the coach has no real say).

To be fair to Jose he does adapt systems and it is only wingers if that is what he has.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Merged with the Mourinho thread.

Please do a search before you start a new thread.