Golden posts

Should we have a post of the day thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
unbiased and true story of calciopolli :D :proud:
Listen here's the roundup:

Inter Merda didn't win jack shit since before man walked on the moon and Elvis Presley was still number 1 in the hit charts. They were full of hatred towards the better teams Juventus and Milan. I'll get back to them in a second.

Moggi is a sleazy bastard who worked first at Napoli and stole a scudetto with them from AC Milan, just look for Atalanta-Napoli and Verona-Milan scandalous matches, I can't remember the year exactly, but the maffia fook bribed everyone for Napoli to win.

He then went to Juventus, where he continued his little game by bribing refs, linesmen, while his son controlled GEA, the player association and their managers, so basicaly he could threaten any player he wanted, the refs did their part allowing offside goals, fake penalties, dissalowing goals for opponents (all three examples culiminate in an incredible Bologna-Juventus match with two goals dissalowed for Bologna and two offsides as big as Inters in Siena not flagged getting Juventus to score and Bologna relegated, crowd trouble and the whole chabang)

In 2005 Moratti, Inters president starts to whine, threatening to leave football and sell Inter. Suddenly Inters results start getting better save vs Juventus and Milan of course. In a memorable defeat of Inter vs Juventus, Mancini, the coach of Inter then litteraly said to Moggi : "We will see who laughs last in court", that is one year before calciopoli...

One of Inters leading sponsors is TIM, the Italian Phone company. They released the tapes incriminating all the teams punished in calciopoli, there was a ton of material vs Moggi and Juve had to be sent in Serie C2 really, but the Agnelli family is still very powerful (Juventus owners and FIAT owners) so they escaped with Serie B, while the other teams received ridiculous point deductions so Inter could get the 2006 scudetto assigned and start the next season with an incredible headstart and Juventus eliminated in Serie B.

Another nice detail: Nike, Inter's shirt sponsors designed the 2006-07 shirt and released it in July, on the shirt there was a spot in the center especialy reserved for the Scudetto, only the court only gave the calciopoli verdicts in August, some two weeks after the shirt got released... nice coincidence no?

So after appointing Guido Rossi (a former Inter director!!!) as head of the court and investigation that condemned the other teams Moratti got his paper prize... calling his teams the kings of honesty in the progress. Honesty my ass, they have falsified their accounts, falsified passports (Recoba) and so on. Strangely all tapes that could incriminate Inter have been lost and a prime witness that would testify against Inter in calciopoli was mysteriously killed in a freak accident a few days before he had to testify... can't remember his name, but look it up, it's correct.

Later Mancini and Brescia were linked to the maffia, but everything coming out on Inter, the latest being a betting scandal were convienently swapped under the rug by Moratti's men now controlling the FIGC, The Milano Tribunal and even some instances of the government (the latter dissapeared when our good old Berlusconi won the elections)

So, in brief Moratti fooked Moggi big time and took over his throne and system (just look at last season incredible arbitral favours Inter received culminating in the Inter-Parma match that almost rivaled the old Bologna-Juventus match)

That's enough for now, beginning to develop a rage again, going to throw some darts in that ripped Inter Merda shirt I hung on the wall of my cellar.

Well of course it's still corrupt as hell, as feel 90% of the Italian calcio fans, even Mourinho said in a rage after the Atalanta defeat : "First you got a scudetto in court, the second with no opposition and the third in the last minute, you are a shit team."

Inter took over Juventus system after eliminating the latter, calciopoli was thoroughfully planned years ahead by Moratti & co, and released when everything was ready and the court already formed. Now they took over and are playing the same game Juventus was for over a decade.

To make things worse : several referees in Italy (and not only those banned by Calciopoli) have blatant favoritism for certain teams and those teams always win when they referee them.

In Italy since at least 12 to 13 years it's not the best team that wins the title, but the one with the most connections and only thing to solve this once and for all is to INVESTIGATE thoroughfully by an exterior organism (criminal police, Fiscus) and to let the Serie A matches be officiated by foreign referees.

Isn't it blatant that Juventus who dominated and especialy Inter who now dominate the Serie A by a big margin are ridiculous in the UEFA tournaments (CL)? They draw against Cypriotic teams, lose to Greek ones, almost always are out in the 1/8th finals in March. That's because they can't buy the foreign referees and the UEFA and are back to their true dimension of average teams.

Milan on the other hand can't win a title since 2003 but rack up CL's, Supercups and even World Cups... you got to be kidding me, Serie A has become even more corrupt since Moratti took over, because he PERFECTED the Moggi system.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
sorry i meant this for favorite quote thread not for golden post thread

anyway you could have done it, but will you do it??
who knows and who cares

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
sorry i meant this for favorite quote thread not for golden post thread

anyway you could have done it, but will you do it??
who knows and who cares

Next mistake = ban. :tongue:

I did it though when I wasn't power-trippin super mod I decided not to moderate the thread like votes were given. And don't expect me to do it more cause it's far easier(a whole one or two or maybe even three clicks) to just delete the posts.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
I don't see the point of having ago at Dida.

He has been one of the best keepers in the world between 2002-2005 & then lost his confidence after the flare incident. He has been a true professional apart from making the error at Celtic with the supporter.

He has got back somewhere near his best from March last year & in the last few weeks he has started to lose form but Abbiati got such a bad injury that it was'nt easy just to bring him back in & this is where it was tricky for Leonardo.

In 2007 Milan should not have given Dida the contract they did & to this day he has had great success & been one of best keepers in Milan's brilliant history & he should be allowed to stay at Milan & have a new contract if he his willing to take a big pay cut & fight with Abbiati for the jersey with whoever his better getting in the team.

I would say that Dida must bring his wages down from 4 million to 1.5 million to be realistic.

He may leave in the summer but he should be praised for what he has done at Milan & sadly the main people that made sure Dida was'nt perhaps one of the best ever where the Inter fans.

:star: Because it contains 'Dida' & 'Best' in the same sentence.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Wow

Right - boredom and tonight's Pirlo-less performance have driven me to give my thoughts on the divisive wee fucker. I don't care if nobody reads the whole thing; I just feel like writing. So, my apologies in advance, and on with the self-indulgence...

With regard to Pirlo's ability (that's ability, not effectiveness), I tend to side with the fanboys. His touch, vision and range of passing are top class, even though the latter two are severely limited by Milan's piss-poor movement. He excels in tight spaces, and despite his lack of any physical attributes whatsoever, he knows how to use his body in possession and you'll rarely see him get shrugged off the ball.

I also think people are far too critical of his work rate. He covers a hell of a lot of ground in his constant efforts to make himself available to receive a pass, and when defending he at least makes a token effort (admittedly, usually a pretty pathetic one) to help out. I think we all have a tendency to confuse lack of physique with lack of effort.

As for his role in the team, I can't understand how people fail to grasp why Pirlo is pivotal in Milan's system. I can see why some might think he doesn't play that role well, but I can't see why they don't recognise its importance. Tonight's game is a case in point: without Pirlo, and without Seedorf dropping deep like he did during Pirlo's injury in '08, Milan simply can't keep possession. Players like Ambrosini, Flamini and the defenders tend to just move the ball on aimlessly with short, simple passes, and eventually they have to look to Pirlo to play a more difficult ball in order to progress the game. Otherwise, as happened continually tonight, Milan get bogged down in their own half and will eventually either lose possession in a dangerous area or hoof a long ball to nobody in particular. When this happens, players like Ronaldinho and Pato don't get the ball.

BUT...

...and this is where my head starts to hurt...

...the point I've made in the above paragraph is precisely the reason behind my doubts over Pirlo's worth to Milan. Two successive coaches have now paid dearly for their over-reliance on Pirlo to link the play and make the team tick. Opponents figured him out some time ago, and can man-Park (see what I did there? DID YOU!?) him out of matches with relative ease, or at least prevent him from having any real influence on the game. This greatly reduces his value as a playmaker.

This dependence on Pirlo not only affects Pirlo's performance, it imposes crippling tactical limitations on the coach. Because of his obvious physical deficiencies, he needs to play in the position he does. This means that when Milan lose possession, they're left with an immobile weakling with the tackling tenacity of a pacifist bunny rabbit in front of the centre backs. As a result, Milan are painfully vulnerable to orthodox trequartistas like Sneijder and Diego (with Werder Bremen), as well as any quick, direct counter attacks through the centre.

This leads me to the question I've been asking myself for at least a couple of years: is Pirlo worth it? Does his value as a playmaker outweigh his being a defensive liability and a tactical nightmare?

For me, the answer is no. There was a time, before opposing teams learned how to stop him, when he was. These days, however, I think Milan could find a more effective player. They would be better of with a more balanced player, someone who can provide adequate defensive cover while linking the play competently. I'm not sure who that player is, but I'm increasingly certain it's not Pirlo.

Sorry, M84.

:star:

Thank you Calum.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Oh lookie another anit- Pirlo post

First goal: Pirlo standing there just like in Ashish's signature, not applying any pressure while he is close to the opponent and he is about to score, but who cares?! He's Il Maestro... His position is a DM but he isn't supposed to defend!

Then Depor waste two clear chances, while our whole team is defending for their lives EXCEPT il grande maestro who is jogging around, standing out of the penalty area doing absolute fuck all.

In the second half there is a golden chance gifted to Depor since Il Maestro was "orchestrating" in front of the penalty area and lost the ball under pressure.

He was then subbed after causing enough damage. :D

Now, the Istanbul disaster is a complicated situation. It was a freakish incident that happens once in a million, and a lot of factors contributed, like the whole team relaxing, Liverpool's fighting spirit, luck, Gerrard's dive, Dida's howlers, etc...

AND the genuis of the Maestro :proud: (I'm NOT, by all means, blaming him ONLY, but yeah he was a reason). Our midfield was generally lightweight, and because Liverpool were pressuring us, and our DM doesn't defend (he's too busy orchestrating :proud:) they were able to grab three goals in six minutes.

First goal: Pirlo was standing, could have jumped to stop the ball, but didn't. (for the member who was saying he doesn't need to have good jumping ability).

Second goal: It was a shot from a distance. Who should pressure? The DM! But Pirlo is not any DM, you see, he is the "deep lying playmaker", all he has to do is to "orchestrate". You can actually see Seedorf running his ass off pressing on Smicer, while Pirlo is just jogging as usual.

Third goal: Gerrard's fucking dive. Who was following him? The king Rino Gattuso who was giving his all. Unlike a certain Pirlo who was too busy to give a fuck. Just jogging by himself outside of the penalty area.

:star::star::star::star::star:
:star::star::star::star::star:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Those are actually embarrassing posts.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
you know as well as everyone else drucurl, that the idea of the post is the embarassment.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
perfect post

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
you know as well as everyone else drucurl, that the idea of the post is the embarassment.
Opening an old wound is never pleasant. But sometimes it is necessary to even go as far as breaking a bone again if it isn't set right. Remove the lying playmaker and REPENT :o

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
The term 'Golden post' has now really lost its meaning.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Pedro,

I think they are golden posts.

They are fucking hilariously false and made up. Even I can't come up with comedy like that

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Good point.

Should we just put a link to the Pirlo thread then?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
aaaha now people blaming the thread title :D

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
If we are gonna post anything in this thread:

Again, to repeat myself, how is he supposed to create anything without any movement or quality? Put a prime Zidane in his position and it won't be any different. There are few players in world football who can match Pirlo when it comes to passing and vision and that will remain his strongest point, it's up to the players around him to benefit from that. Sneijder is another player without spectacular statistics to his name, yet he - like I believe Pirlo does - keeps the team ticking. I'm sure the Dutchman's assists tally would be far more impressive if he was the focal point of the team, but he isn't. You never got the impression that Mourinho told the players "right, get the ball and pass to Sneijder", rather his team was built on hard work and organisation.

Fair point, but he's still managed over 30 games last season.

I agree, but that's partly down to their sense of need to defend him, seeing as he gets an awful lot of criticism on here.

As for your other points, each to their own I suppose. You do seem to have valid reasons for your dislike towards him and even though I don't agree with them, it's only conducive to discussion. Tongue was firmly in contact with my cheek with the Gattuso quote, though I couldn't resist posting it. I wasn't using it as a measure of his quality, simply following the trend of this thread. For what it's worth, I agree with your points about Antonini and Abate.

I'm curious, how exactly am I supposed to post? You seem incapable of grasping the basic concept of a discussion board.

No idea why you have to resort to calling me a clown. "Isn't who he says he is" - well, I can confirm that I'm not an actual bear, but what's your point?
:star: X 1 zillion

Especially that last line. :D

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
if this deal goes through, i would not be suprised if it scares alot of u here.

maybe, for some ppl that r slightly n00bish, this will catch u off guard. u mite not b used to ac milan big dicking it to an obscene level. it mite scare u...u mite b uncomfortable with it...u mite feel like its wrong.

not everyone is okay with offensive big-dicking. thats fine. however the club we support here is AC MILAN. we big dick. deal with it.

:star::star::star:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congo should have been my big brother :(

i like ths post anyway

Ahh good ol' Galliani. An inspiration to each and every bargain hunting middle aged women all over the globe. :tongue:

Lolz on a serious note.

The way Galliani controlled this deal for milan was brilliant. From handling that douche bag Raiola to bringing the price down of ibrahimovic from 70 million to 60 million to 40 million to 30 million and finally down to 24 million was master stroke and he also made barca agree for it to be paid over 3 years.
On top of that he made Braida fly all the over to Manchester city to start robinho rumors so that Zlatan lowers his asking salary from the 12 million to around 8 million.

Good job galliani u finally after 3 years did something that went beyond extending contracts of has beens. Take a bow.

Ur legendary status has now been restored :D

Fiero

Reaction score
What makes him seemed so evergreen is because unlike other world-class strikers, Pippo never relies on speed, skilld or power. You see the power-type strikers like Vieri died down when their physical strength faded, just a matter of 1-2 years before Drogba felt that too. Or the speed-racer like Henry and Sheva (also physical type) went under the radar when the legs simply cooperate with them again (Cristiano Ronaldo, if you read this post, consider yourself warned). Or the skillful type like Messi, Eto'o or Torres, when they got older, those attributes that make them so feared will simply go. The only player that comes close (some say better) in positioning is probably Ruud van Nistelrooy who managed to combine art of positioning with physical strength.

But no, Pippo relied on one thing that you can't teach but simply born with it: instinct and positioning. He seems able to read where those wild ball inside the box will go after it hits the legs of defenders or the post. That you can't never teach. Pippo is an anomaly. He would never try a simple cross-over ala Ronaldo even in some worthless charity game. In all my years of watching him in Milan, I only saw him scored from a dribble, sometime in 05-06 season when he dribbled from the halfway line. The defender seemed adamant at closing him down. I've seen some vids of him in his Atalanta days when he seemed to score from anywere, he even scored one with a free-kick that would make even Beckham proud.

People despised him when he scored such easy tap-ins 5 yards away from the goal line but what they didn't see (because they will be too busy watching the ball carrier) is how he find the perfect spot. When he scored that 1st goal vs Lpool in CL 07 Final, people sneered, "that's so typical Inzaghi". But what they forgot is how magnificent his position to take Kaka's pass for the 2nd goal, how perfect his control and touch and how deadly the final ball under Reina's body was executed.

Some examples of this that described him best:
1. 1st goal vs Bayern in CL 02/03. I remember how Olie Kahn furiously screamed for some non-existent off-side.
2. vs Inter in 07/08 season
3. All his goals in Club World Cup in Japan 2007
4. vs Celtics in 07/08 CL when he broke Gerd Muller's record.
5. 2nd goal vs Olympique Marseille in last season's CL
There are surely many more, but those goals I love the best.

When he broke Gerd Muller's record, ESPN made an analysis of how he moved. They split the screen to 4 section, showing the action of 3 great strikers : MvBasten, Batistuta and Nistelrooy. Then there's a section for Inzaghi. Those 4 players were in the same situation : a corner from the same side of the goal. All the first 3 names moved into the same direction and scored in similar fashion. But not Pippo, he moved in different direction. When he moved to that direction, ESPN stopped the video then asked "Why would he move to that direction? All your years of training as a striker taught you never to move that way". But Pippo still scored. Amazing, I wish I taped that 15 seconds video.

Pippo said he wanted to break MvBasten's 124 goal tally for Milan. He now got 122. MvBasten was my fave player of all time (not only for Milan but in the world, still) but I won't mind having Pippo broke his record. This is only player who broke all the normal requirements to be a good striker.

Pippo haters, suck on that

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Commercial break.
21969_scarlett_johansson.jpg
:cool: :star: :o

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Jasper's post defending Gattuso definitely deserved to be here.