Marcio Amoroso Thread

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MARCIO AMOROSO’S HISTORY

Marcio Amoroso is returning to Italy after a five-year absence. The Brazilian striker is a World Cup champion (defeated Liverpool with San Paolo in the World Cup finals in Tokyo). He made his debut in Serie A with Udinese in the 1996/1997 season in a 2-1 road game in Cagliari on September 22. He stayed at the Friuli stadium for three years, two of which were under the helm of Alberto Zaccheroni (before he left for Milan), and he scored a total of 39 goals in Serie A, holding the title of highest scoring player in the season before he left. Then, in 1999, he transferred to Parma to work with coach Alberto Malesani, where he stayed until the end of 2001 without crossing paths with Carlo Ancelotti (who was already with Juventus). However, the Rossoneri’s coach remembers, along with anyone else associated with the team, Amoroso’s three goals during the 4-0 first leg Uefa Cup loss suffered on April 4, 2002 against Borussia Dortmund. That wasn’t the first time that Paolo Maldini and team-mates saw an impressive display of Marcio’s talent: the Udinese bomber realized his team’s only goal of the game in a 5-1 Milan league victory, and once again at the San Siro on March 4, 2001 when his goal ended the game in a 2-2 draw with Parma. Now, this is all in the past because today is the beginning of a new story for the Brazilian Champion. He will join friends and fellow countrymen at the Milanello and will work alongside Shevchenko, Gilardino and Inzaghi to continue to rack up goals, but this time for Milan.

Born: July 5, 1974 in Brazil
Nationality: Brazilian
Position: Striker

ITALIAN CAREER:
After starting his career in Brazil with GUARANI (2 seasons) and with FLAMENGO (1 season), he made his Serie A Debut in 1996.

UDINESE:
1996/1997 SEASON: 27 appearances, 12 goals
Serie A debut: Cagliari-Udinese 1-2
1997/1998 SEASON: 25 appearances, 5 goals
1998/1999 SEASON: 33 appearances, 22 goals (top-goalscorer in Serie A)

PARMA:
1999/2000 SEASON: 16 appearances, 4 goals
2000/2001 SEASON: 23 appearances, 7 goals

Then after 3 seasons with BORUSSIA DORTMUND, he transferred to MALAGA in 2004 and then returned to SAO PAOLO.

5 GOALS SCORED AGAINST MILAN:
- 1998/1999 SEASON: 1 goal
SERIE A: Udinese-Milan 1-5
- 2000/2001 SEASON: 1 goals
SERIE A: Milan-Parma 2-2
- 2001/2002 SEASON: 3 goals (1 on a penalty)
UEFA CUP (First leg of the semifinals): Borussia Dortmund-Milan 4-0

[Source: ACMilan.com]

Last edited by a moderator:

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
One thing is wierd with Amoroso is that he hopes to play at the World Cup....for that you need time playing to impress national coaches.....but he's not going to get much unless he thinks he can gt infront of Pippo and Gila and have an impact that way.I don't see how he thinks he will get to the world cup if he's sitting on the bench which he will be!?

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
He looks about 50. Bet he will have a sore arse from the bench b4 long

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
amorose7zu.png

he won't be in first 11 allmost never

he will be our 4 Striker :D

Pippo is better then him

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
PRESS SURVEY
1/13/2006
MILAN – Here is what the Italian newspapers are saying about AC Milan today.
Gazzetta dello Sport published an interview with Filippo Inzaghi: ‘At times the thought of leaving passes through my head because I am back to playing and the desire to play is there, but I love this club too much and I just can’t see myself in another jersey.’
Valerio Bertotto welcomed Marcio Amoroso in an interview in the Corriere dello Sport: ‘I am happy that he has returned to Italy. It will be nice to play against him, Marcio is a phenomenon.’
Rui Costa spoke with **********: ‘I am really satisfied with the two goals I scored against Brescia. It was my first double with the Rossoneri. Amoroso? He is valuable player with good technical qualities.’
Alberto Zaccheroni’s memories of Marcio Amoroso in an interview published by Corriere della Sera: ‘When he was with me he wanted to play in the attacking midfield role, where Kakà plays. It was tough to change his mind. I think that he is still convinced that is the role for him. He has been the top-goalscorer in both Italy and Germany.’

acmilan.com

JUANES

BARCA HATER
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Crespo, Sheva, Gila, Kaká, Pippo, ballack, webó, tejada and myself
hmmm
i think amoroso will be good for us for this half of the season.

TWO THINGS:

1-amoroso will stay in the bench a lot, but when he enters he will make goals...a lot of them.
2-remember this...vieri will be a goal machine in monaco... it's sad that he will explode with them and not us.

oh, by the way...amoroso looks old...but it's just a year or so i read, so dont worry... he'll help us a lot.

welcome amoroso. :D :D :D

PS: SERIE A GAME AC MILAN 10 - JUVENTUS 1(LEG 2) :D :D
GOALS FROM: 3 FROM SHEVA, 2 FROM GILA, 2 FROM PIPPO, 2 FROM AMOROSO, 1 FROM KAKA :eek: :eek:

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
Amoroso

... ehmmmm... i hope i will never see him playing for Milan, i do prefer "Super" Pippo over Amoroso....

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Welcome Amoroso.

He finally plays for our team. Lets hope we buy a key defender before end of january!

Forza Milan

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
What number is he going to wear?

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
So lets see him play, is he fully fit ?

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MaGasTeR said:
So lets see him play, is he fully fit ?
AMOROSO TAKES PART IN TRAINING
1/13/2006
MILANELLO - New signing Marcio Amoroso joined in the training session today when he took part in a small game where he scored before working-up in the gym. Marco Cafu went for a run around the pitch while Carlo Ancelotti took the rest of the squad through their paces.

I guess he is. ;)

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
"Marcio Amoroso is returning to Italy after a five-year absence. The Brazilian striker is a World Club Cup champion (defeated Liverpool with San Paolo in the World Club finals in Tokyo). He made his debut in Serie A with Udinese in the 1996/1997 season in a 2-1 road game in Cagliari on September 22. He stayed at the Friuli stadium for three years, two of which were under the helm of Alberto Zaccheroni (before he left for Milan), and he scored a total of 39 goals in Serie A, holding the title of highest scoring player in the season before he left. Then, in 1999, he transferred to Parma to work with coach Alberto Malesani, where he stayed until the end of 2001 without crossing paths with Carlo Ancelotti (who was already with Juventus). However, the Rossoneri’s coach remembers, along with anyone else associated with the team, Amoroso’s three goals during the 4-0 first leg Uefa Cup loss suffered on April 4, 2002 against Borussia Dortmund. That wasn’t the first time that Paolo Maldini and team-mates saw an impressive display of Marcio’s talent: the Udinese bomber realized his team’s only goal of the game in a 5-1 Milan league victory, and once again at the San Siro on March 4, 2001 when his goal ended the game in a 2-2 draw with Parma. Now, this is all in the past because today is the beginning of a new story for the Brazilian champion. He will join friends and fellow countrymen at Milanello and will work alongside Shevchenko, Gilardino and Inzaghi to continue to rack up goals, but this time for Milan."
source->acmilan.com
Not that im happy to start it :'( but oh well lets just hope he does good for milan...
FORZA MILAN :cool:

grande_sheva7

Nesta's calm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Fanta Sheva, Pippo mio, Pirletto, Pato, Sandro Nesta, Willy Wonka
most of u people who are crying and say amoroso should be on the bench are dumb, i bet most of u havent even seen him play! and if u have then u saw him wen he was a machine for udi....hes only gonna be with us for half a season then we'll most likely sell him in the summer...

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
grande_sheva7 said:
most of u people who are crying and say amoroso should be on the bench are dumb, i bet most of u havent even seen him play! and if u have then u saw him wen he was a machine for udi....hes only gonna be with us for half a season then we'll most likely sell him in the summer...

Hey, i know he is a SUPERB foward/striker, but .. he is 31 years old... he is not old, but he has no future to come (well, maybe 1 year), it's a shame we don't get young players to the team

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
grande_sheva7 said:

I saw him play for Borussia Dortmund and he was terrible bad.
I think he was the most expensive player ever in Dortmund and he really sucked there.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Amoroso is a decent striker and certainly deserve a spot as a 4th striker.
He may be getting old but he has been top scorer in Italy,Germany and Brasil so far.
I think he deserves a bit more respect.
Galliani said that when Milan offered him the job it brought tears to his eyes...
I welcome him and wish him well.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
17-und-4 said:
I think he was the most expensive player ever in Dortmund and he really sucked there.
and still he became topscorer

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
I hope Amoroso can bring lucky to Milan ~!

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MARCIO AMOROSO: TRADE COMPLETE
1/17/2006
MILAN – The Brazilian Football Federation have signed over Marcio Amoroso to AC Milan. From this point on, Amoroso can be called up to play in official Milan games.

Oh, that's why he wasn't in the squad against Roma.

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
not that bad,was he?

most expensive? i think a title of top scorer in bundesliga is definitely worth this price.

if you think he was bad,i bet you were refering to the season 02-03, emerthon did a better job than him apparently, and heard that he's got some trouble with the coach and that's why he didn't have much chance to start up as the season before, anyway, 'topscorer' is promising.

Amoroso for brazil national?well i saw him once in the squad after worldcup 02(was it?), it was a match against japan or korea or sth, and he was one of the double arrowheads along with ronaldo. that's 'bout it, his national career.

No.37?i wonder why he would pick up this number???

Reaction score
Fav. Players
ROnaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Shevchenko, Vieri, Maldini, Thierry Henry
2-remember this...vieri will be a goal machine in monaco... it's sad that he will explode with them and not us.

yesss!! you're right... bobo made two goals today!!!!!!!!!!! :D :devil3:

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
|BobOBOmbShot| said:

yesss!! you're right... bobo made two goals today!!!!!!!!!!! :D :devil3:
Serie A and French Ligue are too different competitions :o

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
MaGasTeR said:

but still he is scoring

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Torcida said:
but still he is scoring
Yes, he scores because French Ligue doesnt compare with Serie A. It's much weaker.

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
MaGasTeR said:
Yes, he scores because French Ligue doesnt compare with Serie A. It's much weaker.
good for him though :)
if inzaghi went to french league ,he'd have become top scorer in the league

Reaction score
Fav. Players
ROnaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Shevchenko, Vieri, Maldini, Thierry Henry
MaGasTeR said:

actually thaz not the asnwer....... the answer is bcuz he played the whole match .........:devilfir: :devil2: ::D

Schedule