Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I hate that I couldn't celebrate such a fantastic strike.
A defender with fantastic technique as he displayed there.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Fantastic goal

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Great goal. But he played Insigne onside. Our Ale is still off and on.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
What an amazing goal! Beautiful! ❤️❤️❤️

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
MotM per who scored

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
His defensive descent is incredibly steep and his trajectory is taking him straight to the hyped players that came before him like ogbonna and rannochia.

Hopefully he at least becomes a mexes and useful goalscoring option.

Being super optimistic.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
So glad we didn't sell him. Our Ale is such a great player, perfect modern CB.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Yup this dude is worth the hype (not the Nesta hype no one is worth that) .. but he's solid af..and has a winning mentality too

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
solid? you do realize he kept insigne onside for the first goal when we were actually having a decent game?

I'd prefer my defenders to actually know how to defend rather than score meaningless consolation goals.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
like andre silva played worse than kalinic yesterday?

you have some preconceived notions about players and arent willing to budge. That was so close, it can hardly be counted as a mistake. No one was praising him for his goal btw... they are praising him because he defended well.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
it's a mistake that cost us a goal, if he defended well we wouldn't have conceded the first.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It looked offside to me, I don't count it as a mistake.

As a defender he's far superior to Mexes.

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
He is so solid that after 13 games Milan has a GD of +1 and conceded 18 goals?

4 losses with 9 goals conceded vs UCL spot rivals Juve, Inter, Roma and Napoli ? A lot of which is down to his individual mistakes?

Very solid... Much winning mentality.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it's a mistake that cost us a goal, if he defended well we wouldn't have conceded the first.

Insigne made the run between Musa and Bonu. Or right flank was raped all night long.

Roma's fault. :fp:

Even if Bonu scored an own goal you would say it's Roma's fault. :fp:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He is so solid that after 13 games Milan has a GD of +1 and conceded 18 goals?

4 losses with 9 goals conceded vs UCL spot rivals Juve, Inter, Roma and Napoli ? A lot of which is down to his individual mistakes?

Very solid... Much winning mentality.

did you see how captaino was playing earlier this season?

I think Romagnoli is the best of the 4 CBs we've had this season...its really hard to argue that.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

I think Romagnoli is the best of the 4 CBs we've had this season...its really hard to argue that.

apparently, because Bonucci played well in an earlier life, he's excused.

all our CB's have been below average this season, but as they're getting more and more game time together, you could see improvements from all of them.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Why are u changing the topic to bonucci?

What part of "our ale's" performance is solid and winning mentality ? You really don't have to answer this question, it's quite rhetorical.

It's a hard pill to swallow but as a defender you are either switched on for the whole game or u aren't solid at all. And he is as solid as wet clay being molded by opposition strikers to whatever they please.

But maybe the issue lies in the word solid. He makes a mistake leading to goal vs juve - solid performance ale. He makes a mistake vs Napoli- solid performance. :lol:

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score

What part of "our ale's" performance is solid and winning mentality ? You really don't have to answer this question, it's quite rhetorical.

The question had been answered above. He plays better and fucks up less than any of our other defenders. Including "best Italian defender" Bonucci.

And the reason our defense sucks is because of tactics, not individual quality.
Noone in this team knows what to do in a 3 men defense. Above all - Montella.

This Ale hate is the dumbest RnB trend I can remember.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

It's a hard pill to swallow but as a defender you are either switched on for the whole game or u aren't solid at all. And he is as solid as wet clay being molded by opposition strikers to whatever they please.

But maybe the issue lies in the word solid. He makes a mistake leading to goal vs juve - solid performance ale. He makes a mistake vs Napoli- solid performance. :lol:

Look he has all the right tools to be a world class player but I tend to agree with you on the fact that he loses his concentration a fair bit. However that is something that can be drilled into you. He’s shown time and time again he is more than capable, problem is he isn’t suited to a 3 man defense at this moment and it’s causing problems for him. Kids going to be a good player I’m sure of that.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
The question had been answered above. He plays better and fucks up less than any of our other defenders. Including "best Italian defender" Bonucci.

And the reason our defense sucks is because of tactics, not individual quality.
Noone in this team knows what to do in a 3 men defense. Above all - Montella.

This Ale hate is the dumbest RnB trend I can remember.

Being the best defender amongst bonucci, Zapata and musacchio does not mean you are solid. Because you aren't comparing him to anything solid. Bonucci at least has/had a winning mentality but he has never been solid when it comes to purely defense unless playing in Juve system with chiellini and barzagli, and buffon barking defense orders. And romagnoli can't pass as well as bonucci to have a skill set that makes him stand out.

Romagnoli was shaky last year as well in a 4 man. Hes worse now in a 3 man. But of course I expect ppl to retort he was better than paletta (second half anyway) as if that makes him some defensive rock.

This is a pattern seen many times in RnB. People unpopularly call out some young Milan prospect as not having much aptitude. Majority get annoyed before changing their tone.

It happened with Pato, El shaarawy, Cristante, Balotelli, de sciglio, and now it's happening with "our ale".

Last edited:

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Being the best defender amongst bonucci, Zapata and musacchio does not mean you are solid.

So Musa and Bonu aren't good defenders all the sudden?
If someone told you in May 2017 that we are gonna sign Musa and Bonu you would jeez your pants.

But now everyone says our players suck because Montella set up the team like a ******.

A good coach makes his players look better than they really are.
Montella makes our players look much worse.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
So Musa and Bonu aren't good defenders all the sudden?
If someone told you in May 2017 that we are gonna sign Musa and Bonu you would jeez your pants.

But now everyone says our players suck because Montella set up the team like a ******.

A good coach makes his players look better than they really are.
Montella makes our players look much worse.
I know you would like to blame montella for all your problems but it's really not his problem if an individual player lacks the brains to maintain an offside line, or kicks the ball into the path of an opposition striker, or loses the ball in the box from right underneath his feet.

These are not tactical errors. These are technical errors i.e. his technique and his head are way off.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know you would like to blame montella for all your problems but it's really not his problem if an individual player lacks the brains to maintain an offside line, or kicks the ball into the path of an opposition striker, or loses the ball in the box from right underneath his feet.

These are not tactical errors. These are technical errors i.e. his technique and his head are way off.
You are dead wrong.
If the team plays well organized, compact football and everyone knows what to do on the pitch -
1. Individual mistakes happen rarely
2. There's always someone covering you in case of a mistake.

Watch Italy vs Sweden or any match we lost against a minnow team.

Schedule