The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would love Mandzukic/Dzeko plus Belotti. 3 hard working grintastic players with great physicality who run hard and score goals. Allegri transformed Mario into a winger so he could play with Belotti or as CF himself. We also need another "champion" besides Bonucci for the young players to look up to. He's played at top clubs everywhere (just like Reina) so would be great for the dressing room.

Even one of those 3 is good enough for me, but I mentioned getting 2 of them because I don't think Silva survives not getting sold this summer. He can barely get a game now with our crappy attack, he for sure won't get one next year. He also seems pretty lazy, at least that's my opinion. Mandzukic or Dzeko shouldn't be that expensive at their age. Maybe the 20-30m range.

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
This post isn't directed at you, Neo, in particular, so I hope you don't take it that way. However, when it comes to depth:

Lazio certainly does. In their last match, they had Nani and Felipe Anderson on their bench. Who do we have on our bench at their level?

You know, Atalanta might have a deeper bench than we do. In their last game, they had Andrea Petagna (not great, but useful option, he's like an Italian Emile Heskey--doesn't score a lot but does dirty work for an attack) they also had Andreas Cornelius, he's adjusting to Serie A, but he's done very well for them in Europe--he's also a Danish international. They also had Josip Illicic on the bench. So acting like Atalanta is managing an identical situation to ours, but better is actually not true.

Why? Because when you look at what Atalanta's league position was while they were juggling Europa League and Coppa Italia duties, they were actually farther behind us. We got knocked out in the Round of 16 in the EL, while they got knocked out in the Round of 32. So, when you look at our positions, they're ahead of us (by a point) while we're in the Coppa Italia Final and went deeper than them in the EL. Inter hasn't had to deal with the EL at all, and they seemed to have benefited from it greatly--particularly in the first half of the season, look at them in the second half.

Also, the pressure at Atalanta is not the same as at Milan. The pressure at Lazio is not the same. It's not the same at Roma, either. Hell, the pressure at Napoli isn't the same as that of Milan. Acting like players haven't crumbled when they've come to Milan would be unfair. Bertolacci was never good enough for Milan, but he was a good Serie A player. I never expected him to fall to the level that he did though. Did you?

Also, players aren't scrutinized at the same level at these smaller clubs. Look at Ricardo Saponara at Milan and then at Empoli. He even talked in interviews about the difference.

My point is: there are problems that Milan face that smaller clubs do not. There is far more pressure at Milan than at other clubs; we don't have depth in the proper areas (we're loaded at CB, in CDM, but in attack?); and we haven't had consistency in the manager's spot. Which is why I'm leaning towards letting Gattuso keep the job. I don't think Sarri is coming here, I'd be really surprised if he does, but I think managerial consistency is needed here. I'd welcome Sarri if he does indeed come, I just am rather doubtful that he will.

Look beyond the points and table positions. The teams around us are scoring more and conceding less. It's sad days when Lazio and Atalanta sell off their better players and still continue to finish above us and have more squad depth.

I actually wrote Bertolacci off in his first 'preseason' game for us. He was just the wrong fit for our needs. On paper he had a good season prior to arriving, it was primarily due to the Genoa connection at that time though.

The weight of the Milan shirt has always been as issue for new players arriving to then go on and perform to their potential. I think the expectancy has fallen in general as it's been sometime since we've been a force. This season the optimism was high due to the new ownership and amount of money spent/new players arriving.

The poor decision making at the club over the last 4/5 years has been detrimental. If Sarri is a possibility, then Mirabelli has already been given his notice. It would mean starting again with another new coach and SD. We can only fail for so long.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I’d rather sign Asamoah/Criscito but both are free agents so would command considerably more than Strinic. Also, both play plenty of games as starters for their clubs so doubt they’d accept a bench role. Strinic happily played second fiddle to Ghoulam at Napoli so he wouldn’t object. They’re also used to playing in the CL which we can’t offer either.

As for the salaries of our backups, we’re paying Monty/Borini/Abate 2.5m for doing nothing so go figure. Even Antonelli is getting 1.5m.

Like I said in my original post, my preference is to sign Asamoah & Strinic for free and cash in on Antonelli & RR (after a decent World Cup).

asamoah is joining inter (grazie miserabelli)

just because we have those useless players on high wages it doesn't justify paying strinic that much, I'd get rid of them as well.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Massaro, stop it with the Arsenal game. You make it seem like it was one game where we lost 5-1.

We were cheated in that game. We played poorly in the first leg, fine, but we were up 1-0, and were pushing for our second, when they got a laughable penalty. Are you going to forget when Suso got carded for simulation like 20 minutes later? Do you not remember those things?

Stop acting like Arsenal was some demolition and stop forgetting context.

We lost to Rijeka after we already qualified as the top of the group, so, stop it. We started Zanellato, Paletta, Storari, and Antonelli. We subbed in Riccardo Forte. Who can forget our most important player of our entire season, Riccardo Forte?

A lot of those matches were embarrassing, the only match I'm really mad about though is the loss to Benevento. That, I agree with you, but bad matches happen.

So just... stop man.
This is the definition of a midtable loser mentality.
But its okay we are a midtable club for 7 years now.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
This post isn't directed at you, Neo, in particular, so I hope you don't take it that way. However, when it comes to depth:

Lazio certainly does. In their last match, they had Nani and Felipe Anderson on their bench. Who do we have on our bench at their level?

You know, Atalanta might have a deeper bench than we do. In their last game, they had Andrea Petagna (not great, but useful option, he's like an Italian Emile Heskey--doesn't score a lot but does dirty work for an attack) they also had Andreas Cornelius, he's adjusting to Serie A, but he's done very well for them in Europe--he's also a Danish international. They also had Josip Illicic on the bench. So acting like Atalanta is managing an identical situation to ours, but better is actually not true.

Why? Because when you look at what Atalanta's league position was while they were juggling Europa League and Coppa Italia duties, they were actually farther behind us. We got knocked out in the Round of 16 in the EL, while they got knocked out in the Round of 32. So, when you look at our positions, they're ahead of us (by a point) while we're in the Coppa Italia Final and went deeper than them in the EL. Inter hasn't had to deal with the EL at all, and they seemed to have benefited from it greatly--particularly in the first half of the season, look at them in the second half.

Also, the pressure at Atalanta is not the same as at Milan. The pressure at Lazio is not the same. It's not the same at Roma, either. Hell, the pressure at Napoli isn't the same as that of Milan. Acting like players haven't crumbled when they've come to Milan would be unfair. Bertolacci was never good enough for Milan, but he was a good Serie A player. I never expected him to fall to the level that he did though. Did you?

Also, players aren't scrutinized at the same level at these smaller clubs. Look at Ricardo Saponara at Milan and then at Empoli. He even talked in interviews about the difference.

My point is: there are problems that Milan face that smaller clubs do not. There is far more pressure at Milan than at other clubs; we don't have depth in the proper areas (we're loaded at CB, in CDM, but in attack?); and we haven't had consistency in the manager's spot. Which is why I'm leaning towards letting Gattuso keep the job. I don't think Sarri is coming here, I'd be really surprised if he does, but I think managerial consistency is needed here. I'd welcome Sarri if he does indeed come, I just am rather doubtful that he will.

:star:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
"Milan’s intention this summer is to sign a top striker who is capable of scoring 20+ goals a season and is capable of making the difference, according to Sky Italia’s Peppe Di Stefano"

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
"Milan’s intention this summer is to sign a top striker who is capable of scoring 20+ goals a season and is capable of making the difference, according to Sky Italia’s Peppe Di Stefano"

Quagliarella, come to AC Milan!

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@andrea___182
@acmilan e @Arsenal al lavoro per scambio tra #Rodriguez e #kolasinac alla pari. Entrambe i club creerebbero plusvalenza. Si sta lavorando sullo scoglio : ingaggio del laterale gunners.

Milan and Arsenal are working toward a Rodriguez-Kolasinac swap. Both clubs are already at work.

Looks like Milan will get the guy they really wanted last summer ha.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
@andrea___182
@acmilan e @Arsenal al lavoro per scambio tra #Rodriguez e #kolasinac alla pari. Entrambe i club creerebbero plusvalenza. Si sta lavorando sullo scoglio : ingaggio del laterale gunners.

Milan and Arsenal are working toward a Rodiriguez-Kolasinac swap. Both clubs are already at work.

yessss:thumbsup::star:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
As critical as I've been of Grintuso of late...I don't think changing the coach at this time is the answer. WE. NEED. PLAYERS.

Just two for the first team: a volume striker and a speedy skilful lw. Three players or even four to upgrade what we have would be nice....but the financial situation is iffy.

However, if we do get Sarri, I think he will get the best out of Silva. Gut feeling I guess.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
@andrea___182

Milan and Arsenal are working toward a Rodriguez-Kolasinac swap. Both clubs are already at work.

It would be like for like. Hard to believe Arsenal would be interested in RR with no manager confirmed.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
You are totally right. Let's hope he's shit as a zebra

You're putting far too much stock in his current horrible form.
Pre-2018 he was actually one of, if not THE best player.

:thumbsup:

Mate

Being one of the best in pre 2018 milan isn’t an achievement.

Bonna is not the guy to lead us to CL

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
yeees byebye ricardo :D how is he gonna play in england tho, he's a freaking snail

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Because getting 1 point against the worst team in Serie A history is unforgivable. Also, we can't afford to miss out on CL yet again financially and reputationally if we gamble on Gattuso.

He's a good motivator and solid caretaker but he's shown his limitations recently. Yelling and screaming will only get you so far. Get Gasperini if we can't afford a top coach like Conte/Ancelotti/Sarri.

Even in his not so good phase recently he managed to get away with 2 points against Napoli+Inter.

Of course the Benevento games are nothing to be proud of but one was at the very beginning with a squad at their lowest point and the other was not really easy either with them going for glory full of hope and nothing to loose and us in a bad phase.
Of course this should not happen but these are not career killers for me.

To be fair if we want to judge him as a regular coach we should give him a summer preparation too because most of the work for the following season is done in summer.

I don´t know what the club should decide, It´s incredible hard to say if we should fire him or keep him, other coaches are no guarantees but we can´t afford endless transition either.
As long as it feels like a 50/50 decision I´m for keeping him for the sake of consistency.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
It would be like for like. Hard to believe Arsenal would be interested in RR with no manager confirmed.

On the contrary, its unlikely that an adequate manager will be interested :lol: better to make a deal now so he'll have to accept the realities :D

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
On the contrary, its unlikely that an adequate manager will be interested :lol: better to make a deal now so he'll have to accept the realities :D

Ironically... it may signal that a new adequate SD is behind the scenes working to fix the mistakes of last summer :devilide:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Kolasinac hasn't exactly been lighting Arsenal up recently.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ironically... it may signal that a new adequate SD is behind the scenes working to fix the mistakes of last summer :devilide:

I think it would be more so Mirabelli. Kolasinac was their top choice for LB, but ended up getting offered more at Arsenal. This season though he ended up being a second choice.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Well if we let Rodriguez leave, don't at least replace him with another snail. Replace him with a quick LB, who's good at defending and passing, too. Just like quick wingers, quick fullbacks deems to succeed in Serie A.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mate

Being one of the best in pre 2018 milan isn’t an achievement.

Bonna is not the guy to lead us to CL
Where did I say anything about leading? :conf:
In a team of XI players...not all have to be leaders....not all have to be world class...not all have to be breakneck speed demons.

you should be familiar with the "not all" argument :D

Bonaventura has enough ability to be a good and sometimes great squad midfielder.

Thrusting the burden of being a lead attacker is part of the problem in the first place. As an LCM, as long as we do get our fast, skilful LW, he would be more than competent and we can spend the money in crucial areas which need addressing yesterday...i.e. a volume scoring CF and the aforementioned LW

As long as these key components are obtained, we could look into replacing him no problem.

Even in his not so good phase recently he managed to get away with 2 points against Napoli+Inter.

Of course the Benevento games are nothing to be proud of but one was at the very beginning with a squad at their lowest point and the other was not really easy either with them going for glory full of hope and nothing to loose and us in a bad phase.
Of course this should not happen but these are not career killers for me.

To be fair if we want to judge him as a regular coach we should give him a summer preparation too because most of the work for the following season is done in summer.

I don´t know what the club should decide, It´s incredible hard to say if we should fire him or keep him, other coaches are no guarantees but we can´t afford endless transition either.
As long as it feels like a 50/50 decision I´m for keeping him for the sake of consistency.

Yup :thumbsup:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AS - Milan, hunt for a forward: Mirabelli at the Bernabeu to view Benzema. Ceballos also is appreciated.

He could have just watched from the comfort of his home ha.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
BLiYdcqCMAAGAUx--473x264.jpg

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Where did I say anything about leading? :conf:
In a team of XI players...not all have to be leaders....not all have to be world class...not all have to be breakneck speed demons.

you should be familiar with the "not all" argument :D

Bonaventura has enough ability to be a good and sometimes great squad midfielder.

Thrusting the burden of being a lead attacker is part of the problem in the first place. As an LCM, as long as we do get our fast, skilful LW, he would be more than competent and we can spend the money in crucial areas which need addressing yesterday...i.e. a volume scoring CF and the aforementioned LW

As long as these key components are obtained, we could look into replacing him no problem.

No, I understand what you’re saying but no.

He would get by in the 2005 ac Milan team as a squad player.

We need s midfield of guys who can change the game , do something special. He’s a beach player at best.

Does anyone outside of serie a even know who the hell he is?

Even in serie a he’s a nobody.

People hyping him because he played well for a bit. Should we also hype Nocerino forever because he played well ages ago?

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
@andrea___182

Yessssssssss omg

Bonna out

RR out

That’s two down

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No, I understand what you’re saying but no.

He would get by in the 2005 ac Milan team as a squad player.

We need s midfield of guys who can change the game , do something special. He’s a beach player at best.

Does anyone outside of serie a even know who the hell he is?

Even in serie a he’s a nobody.

People hyping him because he played well for a bit. Should we also hype Nocerino forever because he played well ages ago?

Nocerino didn't actually play well. He lived off iBra scraps. As a midfielder he was borderline useless without his goals.

Bonaventura actually played well for us before. Not in 2018 but before that.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
reports saying we have 40-50 mil bud. for mercato + 80-90% of all sales including

15.5 mil bacca .15 mil niang and 11 mil lapadula + suso is almost sure to leave same as kalinic

= 50 mil +41.5 mil + 40+20=150 mil for mercato

if we manage to take kolasinac our defence is done then change formation and buy real cf like benzema and am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule