Official: Zlatan Ibrahimović Thread

How do you think Ibrahimović's 2011-2012 season at Milan will go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
Ibra ofc. isn't useless, he is probably our most productive player at least on paper. I just would like little more effort and humbliness from him or Al to stop playing Ibra for 90 mins. each game. He carries a lot of muscle and simply can't work full game at the highest tempo.

And btw I like Ibra, because I noticed he pretty much hangs out with Nesta in Milanello :D

Last edited:

Goldfinger68

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
tumblr_lt4lwwNtPZ1qzgf38o1_500.png

tumblr_lt7r8j1R7O1r2mwt1o1_250.jpg

tumblr_lt53868HDb1qfvcb1o1_400.gif

:proud: these two :star: More goals this weekend please.

this pictures makes me happy. now you can see why ibra asked galliani to buy robhino when he moved to milan. he loves the kid.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
At least you understood my post :thumbsup: ain't gonna expect the same from Abate and frankee.

What pisses me of is that lots of supporters think there's only one way to play the game. And just cause ibra doesn't keep the teams speed at max they think he's totally useless. If high speed is the only way to play the game, why ain't everyone playing 1 touch pass like barcelona? :o

I just hope that the users at this forum expand their vision a bit more so we don't have to facepalm:-)fp:) everytime we enter the thread

So Senatore almost said exactly what I said, yet I am classified as a hater....

Use your brain, Senatore perhaps explained my side of the argument a bit better. I am merely trying to pick out the aspects of Ibra I don't like and criticising him on those that is all.

BTW read what I am saying :fp: I am not saying he should run alot or play quickly. I am simply asking more of his work ethic e.g. run harder or involve team mates more. What I am seeing increasingly more is Ibra is a player who let's his ego dictate how he plays. If Ibra can't play with someone then Ibra isn't happy. He is slowing the growth of our other players.

OFC there isn't one way to play the game, but no matter what way you play it, you need grit and determination constantly.

And to all of you say I hate on Ibra....well you are a bit slow.

Cassano was shocking a couple of weeks back and yes he is my fav player but that didn't excuse me from dishing out deserved criticism on him. But he has improved that is why I have stopped.

Anyway from what I saw midweek his work ethic was good in the first half. So come on Ibra keep it up!

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
Meh.. Ibra was fouled pretty bad by Lecce.. But this was, together with the Juventus game, his worst game of the season so far.

Wake up Ibra. We don't have time to adjust our schedule to how you "feel" about football.

Edit: I'm expecting him to score against Parma, his Serie A start hasn't been all that great tbh even though he was injured. Time to start producing.

Last edited:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
We need Fredrik. I think he is the X-factor to Ibras performance.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Ibra will perform tonight....

He needs to step up and I am sure he will....

:star:

Phuc Vo

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo (Fenomeno), Maldini, Nesta, Super Pippo
1 goal & 1 assist, that's OK because Ibra doesn't often score more than one goal :D

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
1 goal & 1 assist, that's OK because Ibra doesn't often score more than one goal :D

he used to, didnt he? before he came to milan i mean. i said it already here. maybe this is how he is trying to preserve himself for the end of the season. imo his performance at the beginning of last season compared to his performances now are different. this season he's not altogether bad.

i think he still performs well but it's not the same as last season at the beginning. we hardly see him come back deep anymore. he kinda just floats around on top right above cassano. he plays more off the ball than last season where he was always wanting the ball to be played to him first when attacking.

and his runs. not chasing every ball, not hunting down every defender. i think it's how they're trying to preserve him for the CL, where these characteristics would matter most. and as long as he maintains optimum performance, when he does this in the CL i think he'll be fantastic. cuz at that point on the road. other teams will start to feel the fatigue. but he'll still have his energy to go all out on them and really be a beast.

however this theory was already shot down here. it was said that this is how zlatan has always played; like a bistable device. but i dont exactly remember that when he played with merda, or jube. i'm not arguing. if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. i was never a zlatan fan to begin with. and his long-standing fans would know him better than me.

in any case, i hope he has a good game tonight. maybe we can put the game away in the first half. 3-0 or something. that way we might get to see a longer cameo appearance of el shaarawy. god i love him.

Last edited:

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Allegri gave a short interview yesterday, talking about Zlatan's comeback from injury:

- It is true that he hasn't scored as many goals, but he's always involved in the dangerous situations and creates chances. When we attack, he's always there.

How much is missing before he's at hundred percent?
- It's hard to say exactly how much he has left (to get there). But maybe now he plays at 80 percent of his capacity, and 20 percent is missing before we'll see Ibra on top.

Sweden will play friendlies against Denmark and England in the middle of in November. What are your thoughts on that? Would you prefer that Zlatan stays at home in Milan?
- That's nothing we have decided. If I had a choice he would stay here at Milanello, but I know that the national team is very important to Ibra and I have full respect for that.

http://fotboll.expressen.se/internationellt/1.2603628/ibra-har-20-procent-kvar-till-toppformen

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
Sweden will play friendlies against Denmark and England in the middle of in November. What are your thoughts on that? Would you prefer that Zlatan stays at home in Milan?
- That's nothing we have decided. If I had a choice he would stay here at Milanello, but I know that the national team is very important to Ibra and I have full respect for that.

Agree with Allegri. It's not as if the Swedish fans gives a damn about him anyways. Besides, they're only friendlies.. Using Ibra for friendlies is just unnecessary.

Hamrén might as well try out some younger/other forwards like Guidetti/Gerndt instead of playing Ibra IMO.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Nice to see Ibra score again:thumbsup:, good goal and he was very happy about it, I think it will be good for him, esp. before a tough game on Saturday against Roma.

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
1 Assist 1 goal... Good thing Allegri knew what he was doing. Just waiting for Ibra to score so that Binho could come on. Guess Allegri really is in control after all :thumbsup:

Nice to see Ibra producing something, even though he was incredibly bad outside the assist and goal.

Kvothe

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Didn't have a great game.

Still got scored a goal and had an assist.

That is why Allegri puts so much faith in him. Even when he isn't in the greatest of form he makes an impact to the game.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Somebody pls get pics of him after he is subbed... he looked like an actual monster. :eek:

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was great,who was one Parma player that Ibra make fool of him.

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
1 Assist 1 goal... Good thing Allegri knew what he was doing. Just waiting for Ibra to score so that Binho could come on. Guess Allegri really is in control after all :thumbsup:

Nice to see Ibra producing something, even though he was incredibly bad outside the assist and goal.

I glared on the television from time to time as I was watching Inter on stream, but how was he incredibly bad?

He was good. Same as against Lecce minus the goal and assist. Very few mistakes, some nice link up and plays created. Few bits of magic here & there. Scored on the only real chance he had and so on.

He's just not his dominant self. He usually dominates matches in every single way, from passing to scoring. Today he played more like Robinho would i.e not making much noise but putting in a solid performance.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Somebody pls get pics of him after he is subbed... he looked like an actual monster. :eek:

I want pics of that too, with his "wild" hair he looked like a beast. If he'd play with loose hair instead of his pony tail every opponent would run away with fear :D

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I glared on the television from time to time as I was watching Inter on stream, but how was he incredibly bad?

He was good. Same as against Lecce minus the goal and assist. Very few mistakes, some nice link up and plays created. Few bits of magic here & there. Scored on the only real chance he had and so on.

He's just not his dominant self. He usually dominates matches in every single way, from passing to scoring. Today he played more like Robinho would i.e not making much noise but putting in a solid performance.

IMO he was making wrong decisions the whole game.. He looked slow, uninterested and as if he didn't really care.
Sure, the few times he made a pass they were fine but apart from the goal and the assist there was nothing really "good" about him tonight..

I thought he was just flat-out horrible against Lecce, he had a few of those moments tonight too.. The difference was him producing tonight though, unlike the match against Lecce. Anyways, like you say, nowhere near being his dominant self but at the moment our midfielders are stepping up one by one :thumbsup: so there really isn't any need for him to give it his all unless we really need it... I just hope that he'll be there once we do though.

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I actually think he moved quite a lot, unlike in other matches. It was always going to be difficult against 8 men in defense, still, he managed to give a great back-pass to Cassano who unfortunately took too long to hit and missed.

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
tumblr_ltoxuhX1fL1qh6m1oo1_500.jpg

From left to right: Mr 3 goals, Mr 1 goal + one assist, Mr 2 assists :):proud:

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ibra horrible tonight, wtf???

I dont know what you compare him to really to come up with that conclusion.
Any other forward would have a game well played if performed like ibra tonight. Sure ibra can do better, alot better but horrible? Not even close!

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
tumblr_ltoxuhX1fL1qh6m1oo1_500.jpg

From left to right: Mr 3 goals, Mr 1 goal + one assist, Mr 2 assists :):proud:

The Tremendous Trio atm, but Ibra's performance was good tonight. Looks like he'll be back on track with scoring goals now! :proud::proud::proud::proud:

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
Should not move so deep in the middle and put little more effort! Sometimes you just find him standing, when adding pressure on the opponent could result us at least in dangerous attack.

Hope he gets back to his pre-season form.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The team was playing too careful/calm for most part of the match, especially the first 20 minutes, that's IMO one of the biggest reasons Ibra didn't look that great. There wasn't much he could do to change that, besides running back and trying to act like a CM which would encourage the box-to-box players to go up, which is what he did. And the fact he is paired with Cassano, who is too similar to him, didn't make it any easier for him to shine when the team is playing careful.

I don't agree about him being unmotivated. He might've been, but he ran quite a lot compared to some other matches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule