Bidders for the 2018/2022 Fifa World Cup™

Choose your preferable country to present the World Cup in 2018 and 2022 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
When Qatar win 2022, you`ll be pissed off...:tongue:

Yes.

If it´s between Qatar and USA then USA all the way.

How can a nation like Qatar even compeate?!?!

First football then money!

I don't even understand how you can justify it..... atleast russia has a good history and is a regular competitor....

let's see over last 5 year usa has opened 5 stadiums of over 80k seats costing over $800k each. Multiple over a bil.

facilities and infrastructure are unmatchable....

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
you could tell from sepps speech about the importance of football it was going to be qatar.

happy for both nations

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score

IMO the problem USA have is the size of it. You could host it in California alone and it'd be bigger than every European country, aside from Russia. Russia is huge.

Pointless fact: The far eastern point of Russia is closer to Australia than Moscow.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
3 back to back new nations to host it...

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
yayyyy qatar
good for them

by 2022 i hope to be even more rich

i'm tryna smoke hella hash and drink tea maybe try to seduce/sleep with sum veiled women

okkkkkk

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Yes.

I don't even understand how you can justify it..... atleast russia has a good history and is a regular competitor....

let's see over last 5 year usa has opened 5 stadiums of over 80k seats costing over $800k each. Multiple over a bil.

Yup... It´s amazing how the voting is corrupted.
So the next one will be in Dubay, then Singapore, South Arabia...

Was it just me or the aplause in the room was much more quite then for Russia?

Plus Congo won´t go there it´s no alcohol.

EDIT: Aparently he will.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Do Quatar even have a fucking football team?

What a piss take. They'll build a bunch of stadiums, and then as soon as soon as the WC is over they'll never fill them again.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
If it´s between Qatar and USA then USA all the way.

How can a nation like Qatar even compeate?!?!

First football then money!

Why not ?
Its important to all region have a chance to held WC, Fuck with "handegg" scums USA.

Russia win over england is a big disgrace though.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why not ?
Its important to all region have a chance to held WC, Fuck with "handegg" scums USA.

Russia win over england is a big disgrace though.

No it is not... the way I look at it the country that organises must have at least some football history.

They have no where near enough quality to play in the WC and yet they get a free bid :rolleyes:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Let's all pool in money and buy the 2026 World Cup for Fiji.

:D

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@Utd fan: How much responsiblity do you think Birmingham City could take for this?

They'll probably be blamed, as the media are hardly going to blame themselves are they? It's not like it's a common thing in England anymore. I'd guess that Russia is worse.

The whole Panaroma thing will have pissed them off. Whether it was true or not, I don't know, but the BBC were fucking stupid to show it before it had been decided. England has everything going for it, and to go out in the first round of voting is a complete joke. No problem in being 2nd, but in the 1st round?

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really what I'm thinking, ripped from a Villa forum:

Fucking ridiculous.
How can they say that Russia is ready for this? The infrastructure just is not there. 14 hours between Moscow and Kazan, what a fucking farce. The whole place is fucking baron, hundreds, even thousands of miles between each city. I understand that there stuff does happen here, but on that level, no. Just look at the Odemwingie situation, the list is fucking endless. They will spend endless amounts on stadiums that will never, ever be filled after the WC has gone. They probably won't even be filled during it.
I'm fucking disgusted.

However, I expect Russia will do a good job.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Do Quatar even have a fucking football team?

What a piss take. They'll build a bunch of stadiums, and then as soon as soon as the WC is over they'll never fill them again.

LOL, They do n their clubs n their NT very strong is asian level.
And no one can match their fund power n infrastructure for 2022, haters gonna hate.

Saber Rider

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

For world outside of USA, every defeat of USA is some sort of victory. TBH, I was cheering for US, cause Qatar only has oil&money +50C under the trees. And guy from Dallas that made stadium for Cowboys, really hoped to see some soccer in that dome.:proud:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Russia to host 2018 FIFA World Cup (FIFA.com) Thursday 2 December 2010

Russia have won the race to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup™.

After evaluating the competing bids in Zurich on Thursday 2 December 2010, the 22 members of the FIFA Executive Committee chose Russia as host nation for the tournament in eight years’ time.

The global showdown will thus return to Europe for the first time since the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany.

"One billion people are into the game," said FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter upon announcing Russia as the Host Nation for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. "It's a game with values, educational values. You learn to win and also to loose, it's not easy. I congratulate Russia. Thanks to those who have not won the contest."

"You have trusted us with the World Cup, we will not disappoint you," said Russian Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov. "Let's make history together."

England, Netherlands and Belgium, Spain and Portugal, and Russia all submitted bids for the right to stage the 2018 finals. Both England and Spain are previous FIFA World Cup hosts, with the 1966 tournament on English soil ending in the Three Lions' only world crown to date. The Iberians staged the 1982 edition of the world’s greatest tournament, where the glittering Trophy was won by Italy.

The final presentations and the announcement of the host nations for the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups was one of the biggest media events ever seen in Switzerland. Some 70 TV stations reported live from the official announcement at Zurich Exhibition Centre, where around 1,000 reporters from all over the world also covered the event.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
Fucking Qatar. Going to be so problematic, but it doesn't matter as the members lined their pockets very nicely.

Qatar offers nothing other than the ability to just throw money at any problem. How are they going to manage all those matches and Stadiums in such a small area. All fans have to travel in and out of the country through one airport. The country's elite has one again shown a willingness to throw away money for 2 months of attention rather than take care of real problems it has in the country. Building those ridiculous stadiums for 2 months of competiton and then selling them at discount=wasting money. The tourism boom will go away once the alcohol laws start to be enforced once again.

FIFA selected the Man City of world cup bids.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They have no business hosting the world cup and getting a free bid. Has Qatar ever qualified for world cup?

Tired of this

with out going too much into politics, why the hell not let Qatar and its region host a world cup, i agree they wont increase the quality at it but this is the world cup.

qatar is a rich country great infrastructure good weather and from the emotion shown by the sheikh in his speech a very dedicated,passionate team willing to make it a very succesfull world cup.

the region needs something like this to lift it im happy they got as im happy russia got it for the exact same reasons, football is the biggest sport in the world and every nation should be allowed to enjoy/partcipate in it.

@ southclaw they have the money to build more airports, really that your reason for saying no to qatar

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Russia and Qatar awarded 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups (FIFA.com) Thursday 2 December

The FIFA Executive Committee has chosen Russia to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup™, while the 2022 FIFA World Cup™ was awarded to Qatar.

FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter announced the result of the FIFA Executive Committee's secret vote on Thursday, 2 December 2010 in Zurich’s Messe.

In delighting the victorious nations, the FIFA President also made a point of praising those who missed out. He said: “I congratulate you and your people and I wish you well. For Russia, I am sure that organising the World Cup in that region will do a lot of good for that part of the world. And now are going to new lands in the Middle East too, so I am a happy president when I speak about the development of football. But I have to give big compliments to all the bidders for the big job they have done and the messages they have delivered. All have delivered the message that football is more than just a game. But football is not only about winning; it is also a school of life where you must learn to lose, and that is not easy.”

England, Netherlands and Belgium, Spain and Portugal, and Russia all submitted bids for the right to stage the 2018 finals. Both England and Spain are previous FIFA World Cup hosts, with the 1966 tournament on English soil ending in the Three Lions' only world crown to date. The Iberians staged the 1982 edition of world football’s showpiece event, when the Trophy was won by Italy.

Igor Shuvalov, Russia's deputy prime minister, vowed that his country would justify the faith placed in them by the Executive Committee. He said: “You have entrusted us with the FIFA World Cup for 2018 and I can promise that you will never regret it. Let us make history together.”

Five candidates were bidding to stage the 2022 edition of the world’s greatest sporting event. As well as eventual winners Qatar, Australia, Korea Republic, Japan and USA also submitted bids for the highly-sought after hosting rights. USA, Japan and Korea had all previously staged the FIFA World Cup finals, with Japan and Korea becoming the tournament’s first joint-hosts back in 2002. The 1994 finals took place in the US.

A clearly delighted Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad Al-Thani also expressed gratitude for the honour of hosting football's greatest tournament, while insisting that Qatar's historic FIFA World Cup would meet all expectations. "Thank you for believing in change, for expanding the game and for giving Qatar a chance," he said. "You will be proud of us - and you will be proud of the Middle East. I promise you this

The final presentations and the announcement of the host nations for the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups was one of the biggest media events ever seen in Switzerland. Some 70 TV stations reported live from the official announcement at Zurich Exhibition Centre, where around 1,000 reporters from all over the world also covered the event.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I bet the WC in Russia will be won by a European team!

The weather is spot on for it.

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
Fifa have completely lost it i don't mind it not being hosted in england but allowing to be played in russia is just ridiculous to say the least especially since they have one of the largest fascist movements in western europe something that has been conveniently ignored ever since they first bided for the tournament.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really hate Sepp Blatter. It's bad enough that he arse licks Real Madrid (honourable member...the arse licking clearly comes from both sides), but I don't think I've ever heard him say a positive word about England.

He's a corrupt prat. Both in 98 and 2002 he's been supposedly been shown to be bent.

I wish I weas a part of England's bid. I would have given him a slap as I walked out.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Russia has 11 time zones. :eek: That's gonna be a pain in the ass.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Im telling you guys seriously let's all pool in money and buy the 2026 World Cup for Fiji.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
World Cups 2018 and 2022: brought to you by Natural Gas™ and Oil™

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really hate Sepp Blatter. It's bad enough that he arse licks Real Madrid (honourable member...the arse licking clearly comes from both sides), but I don't think I've ever heard him say a positive word about England.

He's a corrupt prat. Both in 98 and 2002 he's been supposedly been shown to be bent.

You all haters... he said so nicely that you also must learn how to lose :head:

He is an idiot... football could go miles ahead if people like him would just give there lovely leather seats in FIFA away and retire.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand how we managed to finish last, there is surely something wrong there. Below Holland/Belgium's bid, really?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
England, in a purely footballing sense should get it.

England should get this one, US should get the next. Regardless of who had the better presentations.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Suck it.
1272535664romanabramovi0.gif

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I wanted England to get one and Spain/Portugal one WC...

But I don't mind Russia and Qatar, it's good to spread the football wealth. FIFA has always said that they want to arrange the WC in different parts of the world. An arab country has never hosted so it's only fair to them.

As long as USA didn't get a WC I'm happy :D, keep football away from the yanks :D let them hit their balls with a bat or dunk them. When football becomes the nr 1 sport over their maybe FIFA should reconsider giving them a WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule