FIFA Club World Cup

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
This game is lacking a goal from Mazembe to make it extremely interesting :D

Am eager to see Giuliano in the second half and possibly the other 2 top youngsters if they get a chance.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roth asked for the team to play by the wings and crossings. It worked at first, but somehow Inter gived up this plan. D'Alessandro poor game didn't help it either.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL Giuliano

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
for someone who's closing his eyes often, he's quite a good keeper :D

Kidiaba is getting all the spotlights in this tournamet, and he deserves. :D

Kabango also is quite a good player

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
That was actually quite a good goal by Mazembe.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Good old Atletico Paranaense Nei. :D A legend at my AP club in FM.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL 2 x 0 Mazembe

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Damn. Good goal, keeper should have covered it.

Good work Mazembe, make Africa proud.

They will face Inter, right?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
So what teams are still in it? Seongnam, Mazembe, Inter and ??

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wow, im utterly shocked. Good game, great win for Mazembe.

Good result for Inter Milan.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So what teams are still in it? Seongnam, Mazembe, Inter and ??

pachuca vs al wahda tom for fifth place

inter vs seongnam second semi tom as well

then Inter (brazil) will wait for their opponent for third/fourth place match.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Congrats to TP Mazembe! First African team to reach the final of the CWC.

A HUGE LOL @ the ignorant people who insinuated that Africans were tactically inept/indisciplined to play at the highest levels. African coach too!

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah ... Kaluyituka too.

But to be honest, Inter have been very wasteful.

Inter looked nervous to me. Wasted goals, misplaced passes, their best players like D'Alessandro and Guiñazú on an off day. Too much pressure on this tea I think.

But I'm really happy for Mazembe. Very likeable team and players.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Fantastic result - big congrats to Mazembe.

Hopefully they can show this level in the final as well.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they win their semi ... yes. Rafa must be pleased with this result. Hope tp wipe that grin off his face.

4 mins more ...

I will support Mazembe, but I feel like the best option is that Internazionale win this, cause this will keep the fat man. And I want him to stay :D, Forza Benítez!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Inter looked nervous to me. Wasted goals, misplaced passes, their best players like D'Alessandro and Guiñazú on an off day. Too much pressure on this tea I think.

But I'm really happy for Mazembe. Very likeable team and players.

I thought D'Alessandro did alright. I also liked that Tinga dude. The other Alescandro (nr. 9) + Sobis were guilty of being wasteful + Kidiaba had a stunner.

The first half ending 0-0 was a great confident boost for Mazembe. They came out in the second a little more positive and it paid off. Inter's central defensive pairing also wasn't the strongest with Kaluyituka almost always causing problems with his pace, as well as strength as he managed to keep and hold a lot of balls for long periods, waiting for support to arrive.

Anyway, great result ... but I'd say they better team lost.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I will support Mazembe, but I feel like the best option is that Internazionale win this, cause this will keep the fat man. And I want him to stay :D, Forza Benítez!

Fair enough :D He looked happy after Mazembe scored their goals ...

How about another proposition ... Mazembe win with Zambian Sunzu injuring Sneijder for the rest of the season? :D

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fair enough :D He looked happy after Mazembe scored their goals ...

How about another proposition ... Mazembe win with Zambian Sunzu injuring Sneijder for the rest of the season? :D

We got have a deal :D

But seriously, a Mazembe victory would be wonderful, like a revolution in football clubs, I'll totally cheer for it (and against Inter of course) lol

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The coach is good, makes the team play with confidence and tactical security. Best African coach? I know they're not really lauded for being good tecticians, and yet i don't hear of any being good or memorable.

Still. Good on Mazembe, don't feel they have any world beaters, but still, to win the CWC would be a great success for Africa and all facets of Mazembe, including players, coach and fans.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
Obviously I'm going to do Sven one, no doubt.. ;)

I don't mince my words, yes to that..haha!! So much for tactical want, ha!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
We got have a deal :D

But seriously, a Mazembe victory would be wonderful, like a revolution in football clubs, I'll totally cheer for it (and against Inter of course) lol
Yes ... African Club football is slowly picking up. Lots of TV deals being signed, with the Champions League raising reasonable funds by African standards.
The coach is good, makes the team play with confidence and tactical security. Best African coach? I know they're not really lauded for being good tecticians, and yet i don't hear of any being good or memorable.

Still. Good on Mazembe, don't feel they have any world beaters, but still, to win the CWC would be a great success for Africa and all facets of Mazembe, including players, coach and fans.
A win against Internacional is a victory in itself. We're talking about an African football club beating one of South America's elite ... and that too, an African team not from the traditional African club powerhouses - North African teams.

That said, I think the best African coach, at least in our generation, has to be Shehata. His run with perhaps the greatest National Team in African football history should even give him a reasonable shout as the greatest African coach ever.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
al wahda are gonna get ownd by the mexican club tom, theres a league game on saturday and they really couldnt give a fuck about a 5th place game.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lol

90542185.gif

24017336.gif

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
LOL ... like they stood a chance. UAE should stick to what they're good at; traffic light drag racing :proud: :D

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.

Um, you're beginning to sound all plastic, like you're patronising those collective primitive African dimwits, seriously.
And Samson Siasia is Africa's best head coach despite all the NFF horse manure. :proud:

Schedule