The Rumour Commode XVIII

Will the sale be officialized in this edition of the Commode?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
According to As #Villarreal are going to sell Mateo Musacchio and they want to replace him by signing #Olympiacos defender Alberto Botia. @greekfootball_

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I really think we should be aiming for a much better team than that. Those signings would all be good individually, but we'd still be missing two or three quality players on order to be truly good.

Those Italian newspapers predicted lineups are usually bullshit though.

I highly doubt that'll be our team. I think we can get all those players though, Montolivo won't be starting no chance at all. I think Gustavo and Badelj will be coming and they can rotate depending on who we play. Montolivo will be like 6th choice imo. That line up with Badelj in it isn't bad as long as we improve our bench significantly.

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
From what you hear here and there from interviews with other Milan players is that Monto & Abate are very respected for their leadership qualities - especially Monto. Btw don't forget Monto was already captain when he played for Fiorentina. About Jack being a leader I have not heard another Milan player talking about yet.

However, as exciting as it seems when we hear all this rumours about the players we are after, I fear a little bit a current Inter situation when we sell too much of our Italian core players at once (which means that you'll see different fractions with different interests and not one team playing with the right team spirit... a little bit like it used to be in Seedorf and Pippo era). So keeping Monto and Abate for their leadership roles to hold this group together to me is a no brainer.
Honestly, I'd be a little bit concerned if those guys were our leaders and carry on being that. It's not as if we were a bad team with the right mentality. We were a bad team with an even worse mentality.

Maybe they simply couldn't do anything about that. However, I'm not sure if I'd be okay with those two leading after being the "senatori" of some of the most mentally weak Milan sides we've ever seen.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Pls fuck no to Abate and Montolivo. They can be subs or reserves (preferred)

id like our sub bench to look something like: Plizzari, Zapata, Abate, Sosa, Deulefeu, Montolivo, Lapadula,

These should be guys who get minimal playing time if any.

Outside this there should be some players competing for starting spots like Luis Gustavo and Pellegrini.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
I really think we should be aiming for a much better team than that. Those signings would all be good individually, but we'd still be missing two or three quality players on order to be truly good.

Those Italian newspapers predicted lineups are usually bullshit though.

Its good actually.
We should rebuild our team step by step, not panic and buy everyone.
Remember we don't have cl spot so it's hard to convince wc players.
We are aiming for top 4 next year. And its not that hard, I'm fine with those names we r linked, we can go for big names later.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Pls fuck no to Abate and Montolivo. They can be subs or reserves (preferred)

id like our sub bench to look something like: Plizzari, Zapata, Abate, Sosa, Deulefeu, Montolivo, Lapadula,

These should be guys who get minimal playing time if any.

Outside this there should be some players competing for starting spots like Luis Gustavo and Pellegrini.

I'm hoping our bench is something like

Plizzari - minimal minutes can play in cup games
Abate - fighting for Conti's spot
Kjaer - competition for Romagnoli + Musacchio
Gustavo - fighting with Kessie + Badelj for starting spot
A.Gomez - competing with Suso + Keita
Montolivo - minimal minutes
Lapadula - super sub if we need a goal late

Paletta, Vangioni, Cutrone, Kucka last resort players

Calabria and G.Gomez loaned out

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why would anyone want Plizzari to spend another season on the bench ?

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Abate - Kessie - Suso right wing is so weird. I would rather have a mezz'ala instead of Kessie on that side. Abate is so useless it's not a joke. I'd be happier with Bkna-Kessie changing sides and Calabria/DeS as RB.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why would anyone want Plizzari to spend another season on the bench ?

Which team would take him out on loan and play him first team as a 17 year old? Another year or two at Milan playing some cup games would be fine for him imo. Not many coaches trust goal keepers at his age, despite his talent/potential.

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Its good actually.
We should rebuild our team step by step, not panic and buy everyone.
Remember we don't have cl spot so it's hard to convince wc players.
We are aiming for top 4 next year. And its not that hard, I'm fine with those names we r linked, we can go for big names later.
What concerns me the most is midfield. Both defence and attack would improve, but our midfield is far too weak and desperately needs a big upgrade.

A bad midfield can make both a good defence and a good attack look bad. I don't think we've had a good midfield since 2011. It's no coincidence we started declining there, even if we were still strong contenders until 2012, at least domestically. And tbh, if we had just one quality playmaker that 11-12 season, we would've won that Scudetto easily. Maybe even CL contenders.

I know it's not simple to attract top talent without CL football, but I really don't think the new management should look to that lineup and be satisfied. They must be aware they're rebuilding one of the most prestigious clubs in the world, of not the most prestigious one.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm hoping our bench is something like

Plizzari - minimal minutes can play in cup games
Abate - fighting for Conti's spot
Kjaer - competition for Romagnoli + Musacchio
Gustavo - fighting with Kessie + Badelj for starting spot
A.Gomez - competing with Suso + Keita
Montolivo - minimal minutes
Lapadula - super sub if we need a goal late

Paletta, Vangioni, Cutrone, Kucka last resort players

Calabria and G.Gomez loaned out

Yea this is almost perfect. Only thing is i dont know what formation we will be playing.

Not sure if conti has ever been good in a back 4. Hes more of a WB. If we get him im almost certain we will be playing a 3 defender formation.

Otherwise this is perfect.

And yeah...i dont think any serie a side will start plizzari if we loan him.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd be a little bit concerned if those guys were our leaders and carry on being that. It's not as if we were a bad team with the right mentality. We were a bad team with an even worse mentality.

Maybe they simply couldn't do anything about that. However, I'm not sure if I'd be okay with those two leading after being the "senatori" of some of the most mentally weak Milan sides we've ever seen.

Well you can't go out buy some players and expect them to be locker room leaders straight away. Unless it's not a top-tier 5* multiple domestic league and preferably CL winner player :).

What I'm sayingg is keep our current leaders for the moment, they are respected and they always served first the team and not themselfes (like Menez type of "leaders"), and we need those kind of players to keep the bunch of players together. We will buy a lot of new players and new hierarchies will be shaped automatically, but for the moment, players like Abate or Monto should stay in the team.

I just don't want a scenario like Inter has where they have spend double or tripple what we have in the past 2 years and brought in many many new "very good" players while at the same time they have the 4th coach in one season and players like Gagliardini are publicly speaking about fractions in the team with internal wars and how everybody plays for himself. No wonder they manage to play so awful although on paper they should be playing for the scudetto.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BREAKING: Kessie to Milan is a done deal. He will join Milan for €28M (bonuses included) and will sign a 5-year deal earning €2.5M/year.
-SKY (Manuele Baiocchini)

lol I saw that just now :lol:

giphy.gif

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BTW (sorry for tripple post):

How do you think about loanig Locatelli + Calabria for 1 season to Atalanta and give them the Gasperini cure as little "gift" for letting us sign Kessié over Roma alhough they had a deal already wrapped up?

I'd love that. Both are so young and we'll have more rhan enough time to enjoy them in a Milan shirt. Let them grow for a year with a coach who has done many good things with our players already

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BTW (sorry for tripple post):

How do you think about loanig Locatelli + Calabria for 1 season to Atalanta and give them the Gasperini cure as little "gift" for letting us sign Kessié over Roma alhough they had a deal already wrapped up?

I'd love that. Both are so young and we'll have more rhan enough time to enjoy them in a Milan shirt. Let them grow for a year with a coach who has done many good things with our players already

:thumbsup:

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
guess am keeping the sig for a little while longer.
just excited that we're finally getting a real midfield after so long.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Locatelli playing as a starter for Atalanta the whole year would do him all the good in the world he would come back as a totally different person:love:

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Sosa either needs to bumped to a 5th choice winger or leave. He's a joke as a mid. Good passing but lacks everything else.

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well you can't go out buy some players and expect them to be locker room leaders straight away. Unless it's not a top-tier 5* multiple domestic league and preferably CL winner player :).

What I'm sayingg is keep our current leaders for the moment, they are respected and they always served first the team and not themselfes (like Menez type of "leaders"), and we need those kind of players to keep the bunch of players together. We will buy a lot of new players and new hierarchies will be shaped automatically, but for the moment, players like Abate or Monto should stay in the team.

I just don't want a scenario like Inter has where they have spend double or tripple what we have in the past 2 years and brought in many many new "very good" players while at the same time they have the 4th coach in one season and players like Gagliardini are publicly speaking about fractions in the team with internal wars and how everybody plays for himself. No wonder they manage to play so awful although on paper they should be playing for the scudetto.
Maybe they are respected and even "selfless", but for me they failed to turn that into proper leadership. Respect is surely a necessary condition for one to be a leader, but it's not enough. If we get the right kind of personality, I don't think we'll miss those two too much.

Also, I think Inter's issues are also technical. It's a matter of taste too, but I don't think they're that good on paper. Napoli and Roma are superior.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
if we qualify to EL then I'd keep loca. more chances and he has Europe DNA written all over his face.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
From what you hear here and there from interviews with other Milan players is that Monto & Abate are very respected for their leadership qualities - especially Monto. Btw don't forget Monto was already captain when he played for Fiorentina. About Jack being a leader I have not heard another Milan player talking about yet.

However, as exciting as it seems when we hear all this rumours about the players we are after, I fear a little bit a current Inter situation when we sell too much of our Italian core players at once (which means that you'll see different fractions with different interests and not one team playing with the right team spirit... a little bit like it used to be in Seedorf and Pippo era). So keeping Monto and Abate for their leadership roles to hold this group together to me is a no brainer.

I don't expect any of the players to come out and say "Hey Monto is a grade a bitch". They are older players and can command some respect in that way. Personally, I don't care much about respect guys for being old, I respect respectable acts - such as dominating on the field.

Both of them wouldn't be more than backup players. I would like to ask them to reduce their wages, then maybe I wont mind. We are a young team so obviously there are no veterans that jump out at your as possible leaders but I think it will show with the first few games next year. Players that want to dominate usually end up being leaders - natural leaders.

I don't see the fire for leadership in Romagnoli(I see poise and drive to win, but maybe not to lead) but I see it in Donnarumma and Locatelli. I believe someone like Keita will become someone that leads by example. Someone like Belotti would too.

It seems odd at first glance to buy leadership and you usually look at seniority first, but this leadership we have at the team now lead us to nowhere.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
alo88, that's why I want conti, belotti, and pellegrini here.

especially belotti, pls China.

edit: meant pellegrini

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
alo88, that's why I want conti, belotti, and pelle here.

Conti and Belotti sure.... but Pelle? :lol: Come on man, that just doesn't make any sense.

markony

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's awesome that we're rebuilding midfield in total. Seems that management has some sense how shitt our players are.

I read MUTD is all over James, if Real really going to sell him, I would really get him even instead of pricey CF.

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
matteo Pedrosi @MatteoPedrosi

Dalla Germania: #Schalke04 interessato a #LuizGustavo del Wolfsburg. Sul brasiliano c'è anche il #Milan, ma Montella spinge per #Badelj.

Schalke is also interested in Luiz Gustavo, but Montella prefer Badelj over Luiz Gustavo

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Which team would take him out on loan and play him first team as a 17 year old? Another year or two at Milan playing some cup games would be fine for him imo. Not many coaches trust goal keepers at his age, despite his talent/potential.
Serie B / Serie C sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule