All About Television

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
Please don't make this thread about comparisons, people are different and like different things, it's as easy as that.

i didn't compare the show to anything

i realize people find different types of situational comedies funny. however if someone said to me "i like watching dogs poop"...i'd still voice my difficulty in believing that anyone would enjoy watching dogs poop

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i didn't compare the show to anything

I wasn't talking to you specifically.

i realize people find different types of situational comedies funny. however if someone said to me "i like watching dogs poop"...i'd still voice my difficulty in believing that anyone would enjoy watching dogs poop

Well, 2 and a half men isn't dog poop. A lot of people enjoy that show, join Jasper in the pretentious club.

And are you really telling me that this isn't funny to watch? :tongue:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Congo====>Retro CN fan. :star:

I'm guessing CN is Cartoon Network?

Cartoon Network was abysmal. So childish, even when i was like 8 i found it immature and terrible. Maybe i'm just too mature for you bitches.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Congo====>Retro CN fan. :star:

yah~dexters/powerpuff girls

altho ren + stimpy is my fave....i grew up watching ren+stimpy....ren+stimpy had a larger role in my life than my father :D

@kuja=

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
you'll learn to know that being "mature" is overrated and garbage talk.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I think it's more elitism than Pretentiousness.

Jasper's like "I go to the Estonian film festival and watch films which, although boring, are amazingly good and will win plenty of Oscars. You watch Big Bang Theory, how stupid. Atleast i watch good movies and television."

It's more elitism imo. Good old Jasper, thinking he's better than everyone because he watched the Estonian equivalent of Little Miss Sunshine.
More elitism/snobism yeah. But, I pretty much said every movie was only ok, not even near amazingly good. And that Ghost Writer, who looks :-)eek:) to get oscar nominations/or if it doesn't will get protests against it being a political decision, doesn't deserve awards at all.

Sauna movie oscar comment was only a counterattack.

Meanwhile pretentious seems a super self-ironic word to me that only pretentious person uses.

-e- elitims/snobism and taste as we refer to ourselves :tongue:

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
altho ren + stimpy is my fave....i grew up watching ren+stimpy....ren+stimpy had a larger role in my life than my father :D

Hah, I stayed up late to watch them. They came on midnight so kids would not watch it but I did anyways. Golden.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
I'm guessing CN is Cartoon Network?

Cartoon Network was abysmal. So childish, even when i was like 8 i found it immature and terrible. Maybe i'm just too mature for you bitches.

ROOOOOOFFFFLLLL!!
At 16 I was more of a child prodigy than you :tongue: so nothing special tbh.

Now, CN's totally messed up but it used to be the ish.. Only thing worth watching's Megas XLR, and even that's boring now. Ben 10 used to be swanky, but once they made it Alien Force that was the death knell. But then I haven't watched CN in like aeons so can't be sure, anywhich way it sucks major cock. ;)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
ROOOOOOFFFFLLLL!!
At 16 I was more of a child prodigy than you :tongue: so nothing special tbh.

Now, CN's totally messed up but it used to be the ish.. Only thing worth watching's Megas XLR, and even that's boring now. Ben 10 used to be swanky, but once they made it Alien Force that was the death knell. But then I haven't watched CN in like aeons so can't be sure, anywhich way it sucks major cock. ;)

Prove it. :o

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
yah~dexters/powerpuff girls

I can totally relate to that..Courage and Two Stupid Dogs were always there while popz was away..kind of protected me from all the emotional abuse. Ren+stimpy..:scratches head: But yeah, CN + massive video gaming, that was my childhood. :D

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@Kuj..sorry I didn't keep my word..hooked up with a friend I hadn't seen for quite a while after the BORING match (only highlight for me--Wayne Gacy a.k.a Kerbcrawler Blow doing a Baggio '94 with the easiest of spot kicks) and then we watched some Head Case at his place, got out again and did some swanky I&I and got back so tired I couldn't even play COD on his 360.

Bottomline, I had a loooong nite and ACTUALLY synched my cuming with a bitch's. First time EVER. :proud:
Here I am in my cluttered room feeling all wrong, no h/o thank the stars, and I just discovered my flat's EMPTY!! Yeah!!
I made my flatmates disappear Kevin-style. Merry Xmas fuckers!! :tongue: Time. To. Trash. This. Joint!!!

I think Head Case was funny..that psych ma is one crazy MILF in my eyes..but wait, psychobabble pillow talk?? No really, she's hot and fuckable in a weird dick-severing crazy-bitch-with-no-Daphne Rosen tits way..

I'm still drunk. Just maybe.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
have any of you watched, Boardwalk Empire, this season?

Yes I've watched it. It's fine, got alot of big actors and the first episode's even directed by Martin Scorcese.

Would take Mad Men or The Wire over Boardwalk Empire ányday though, but if you've already seen those then go for it! (IMO :))

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mad Men season 3 on Mnet Series..couldn't care less, wouldn't even get to watch it anywayzz.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Can this be stickied before it's lost? I'd rather it be stickied for more to see, than it be lost and forgotten about. Thank you.

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Still should be. It'd be visited around the same amount as the "All About Movies" thread.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Can this be stickied before it's lost? I'd rather it be stickied for more to see, than it be lost and forgotten about. Thank you.
Happy?
^^^Egohead :tongue:
Happy?
Still should be. It'd be visited around the same amount as the "All About Movies" thread.

It'll probably be visited more. Personally I don't think it's comparable to music and movies. Music + movies introduce culture. Television kills culture. But have it.

And to all people worrying to make a thread that gets stickied - we won't sticky everything just because it starts the same way other stikied threads.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It'll probably be visited more. Personally I don't think it's comparable to music and movies. Music + movies introduce culture. Television kills culture. But have it.

Interesting. Why do you think so? Because of the capsule form? Because of the dangers of culture-stereotyping and collapsing culture into simple stereotypable forms?

(Like American culture for half the globe is now a bunch of friends sitting in a coffee shop talking about dating. Indian culture for those who merely skim the surface is call-centers, curries and cows in the middle of the road.)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Interesting. Why do you think so? Because of the capsule form? Because of the dangers of culture-stereotyping and collapsing culture into simple stereotypable forms?

(Like American culture for half the globe is now a bunch of friends sitting in a coffee shop talking about dating. Indian culture for those who merely skim the surface is call-centers, curries and cows in the middle of the road.)

TV is made in demand. If there's a good series in TV and it doesn't sell good enough it gets cancelled. Kinda like popmusic and Hollywood movies. Granted popmusic, Hollywood and TV all can produce great stuff considerable for good culture but overall TV is a different story.

Trying to glue/enslave the viewers, put in countless advertising breaks, product placement and all that. Now we are in the decade of judges. All TV is going towards shows that have some sort of judges meanwhile the acts are worth little but hyped to the mac through TV and thus flood the music, entertainment culture with shit.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
TV is made in demand. If there's a good series in TV and it doesn't sell good enough it gets cancelled. Kinda like popmusic and Hollywood movies. Granted popmusic, Hollywood and TV all can produce great stuff considerable for good culture but overall TV is a different story.

Trying to glue/enslave the viewers, put in countless advertising breaks, product placement and all that. Now we are in the decade of judges. All TV is going towards shows that have some sort of judges meanwhile the acts are worth little but hyped to the mac through TV and thus flood the music, entertainment culture with shit.

All true.

But judging type shows and scripted reality shows all represent the end of one spectrum I think. For one, i dont think Television would be around in another 20 years. Programming will be there, but people will watch it online. And naturally social will make it less dependent on money/ad spend and more dependent on mass appeal. One example I can give is how 'News' is almost entirely moving out of TV to the social media now. So there's hope.

Arrested Development is testimony to the cancellations thing as well - there was no better show those days and it just went off air.

Schedule