Group D: COSTA RICA, URUGUAY, ENGLAND, ITALY

Which 2 teams will advance out of Group D?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
i am not so sure about that. 2002 team looked weaker than the 2006 side to me judging by the quality of players overall. Apart from grosso, i dont see any weak link in that side

Gianluigi Buffon
RB 2 Christian Panucci
CB 15 Mark Iuliano
CB 3 Paolo Maldini (c)
LB 4 Francesco Coco
RM 19 Gianluca Zambrotta
CM 17 Damiano Tommasi
LM 6 Cristiano Zanetti
AM 10 Francesco Totti
CF 21 Christian Vieri
CF 7 Alessandro Del Pie
this was the 2002 team
zanetti lol, tomassi, coco, luliano and even panucchi wouldnt make it into the 2006 team imo.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Italian through my Dad's side... I wouldn't support this team otherwise. Still, Buffon, Pirlo and Verratti are my favourite non-Milan players in this side...

do you also support the team of your mother's side? I'm guessing England?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Can Costa Rica put up a good fight against England? Could we hope for England to end up with 0 points?

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
good news for Italy fans:

England's best player in the Ecuador game by far, Oxlade-Chamberlain, had a rough injury. He's expected to be 3 weeks out but the England staff are trying to rush him back to play apart in the WC.

At the moment, he remains a doubt for the Italy game.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
good news for Italy fans:

England's best player in the Ecuador game by far, Oxlade-Chamberlain, had a rough injury. He's expected to be 3 weeks out but the England staff are trying to rush him back to play apart in the WC.

At the moment, he remains a doubt for the Italy game.

I expected him to shine...

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
Italian through my Dad's side... I wouldn't support this team otherwise. Still, Buffon, Pirlo and Verratti are my favourite non-Milan players in this side...

Same on both counts, also Candreva. Not a fan of gigi/pirlo in Serie A terms but for Italy I like them obviously from a tactical standpoint.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:proud::proud:

great times

hey man if you are brazilian, i'm curious to know how come you support Italy (ahead of Brazil)?

I wish that video included goals conceded too, the De Rossi red card, the Materazzi/Zambrotta red card incident vs Australia, the Zidane penalty... ahhh man good times. Had no idea that that triumph would be by far the best feeling ever. With the way Milan are performing, (yes we won the CL the following year too :D) but since 2007, we have had nothing to smile about. Yea we have had a scudetto but we couldn't not have won it given how much stronger our team was than Juves.

Hopefully Italy can give us something to smile about next month since Berlusconi won't.

Last edited:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
:proud::proud::proud:
Still watch the 2006 final once in a while

hey man if you are brazilian, i'm curious to know how come you support Italy (ahead of Brazil)?

I wish that video included goals conceded too, the De Rossi red card, the Materazzi/Zambrotta red card incident vs Australia, the Zidane penalty... ahhh man good times. Had no idea that that triumph would be by far the best feeling ever. With the way Milan are performing, (yes we won the CL the following year too :D) but since 2007, we have had nothing to smile about. Yea we have had a scudetto but we couldn't not have won it given how much stronger our team was than Juves.

Hopefully Italy can give us something to smile about next month since Berlusconi won't.
:star::star::star:
Yes Italy is the only hope to bring the :D:proud: again since Milan nowadays bring :cry: and :fp:
2006 again please Azzuri :star::star::star::star::star:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
balo and des plus abate will start every game right ??

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
if they have learn anything from EURO 2012

is not to play with the same players every game

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah but i want my milan boys to play every game :mad:. Otherwise i will not cheer for them.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i will be happy if atleast balo starts every game, otherwise fuck italia.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You don't have to support Italia because there are 3 milan players

this is not club football anymore, support the country you want to

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have an english/serbian background so obviously my first choice will be:
1. australia
2. serbia

fuck the rest. well my favourite milan players play for italia, so i want italy to do well. However, if they dont start i couldnt care less.

Last edited:

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if they have learn anything from EURO 2012

is not to play with the same players every game

why what happened in Euros?

these are short tournaments. teams with the best team play will win. the more they play together in quick succession the faster and better the chemistry will be. changing players and formations often in short tournaments is not a good idea. i cannot think of a team that won any competition tinkering their formation/players every game.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players

these are short tournaments. teams with the best team play will win. the more they play together in quick succession the faster and better the chemistry will be. changing players and formations often in short tournaments is not a good idea. i cannot think of a team that won any competition tinkering their formation/players every game.

well I thought it was pretty obvious in finals, the main reason why Italia lost that big was because of fatigue

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo

Pretty sure Lippi used all but 1 of his field players in 2006

edit, nope he used all 20.

Last edited:

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2014/mark-lawrenson-column-italy-uruguay-3663388

How many players in the Italy side would get into our England World Cup first team?

I wouldn’t take any of them. Not even Pirlo. Italy just don’t scare me. Nor do Uruguay.

:proud:

Lawrenson is such a fucking idiot :lol:

De Rossi? Nah, Jordan Henderson.

Ridiculous quotes aside, nobody expects much of England again. We'll be fortunate to get out of the groups, after that we'll make it to the quarters but no further.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
England will get out of the groups.

I see Italy on 7 points
England on 7
Uruguay on 3
Costa Rica on 0

Or England might lose against Italy

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
italy 9
uruguay 6
costa rica 1
england 1

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
England 7
italy 5
uruguay 4
costa rica 0

vamos england.