Week 22: AS Roma - AC Milan 03/02/2019 20:30 CET

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Thiago Silva, Pirlo, Totti.
I believe what they're saying is offsides with Suso is not the first long ball, but the touch from Kessie to Suso?

I'm trying to strain my eyes to figure it out. I'm honestly not sure. I can kinda see it. I'm trying to figure out how they got that Suso was off.

It's just difficult, y'know? If only the refs had some sort of... I dunno... video... replay system or something?

It's a shame we'll never have something to help us out in those situations.

Suso looks offside to me in that situation.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is my point. It's not an offside. It's like 2v1 against a keeper. Kessie was in front of Suso and played it to the back. Linesman was extremely slow on the call is also suspect as fuck.

The thing that pisses me off is that they usually show the lines and it makes everyone be like "oh yeah, okay, that's right."

The fact that they are not doing that here makes me so suspicious.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The ref fucked us! And also Suso and Hakan were below the level that Samu and Borini were against Napoli.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off is that they usually show the lines and it makes everyone be like "oh yeah, okay, that's right."

The fact that they are not doing that here makes me so suspicious.

The linesman never even called it off. Ref blew after Paqueta came in and barged into him. And the free kick wasn’t taken on the spot of the offside, says it all really. They covering for him.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
You just can't have RicRod (he's plays like a centreback) and Hakan on the left, they make their side ineligble for play.
Then you got Calabria and Suso on the right, literally nothing happens here either. I thought Suso was RB and Calabria RW (he defends like one).

Borini and Castillejo make Milan play better football and create more chances as a collective because they actually move and make space for others as well.

Laxalt and Conti should get prio also if they are fit. They add another dimension to our play.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Suso does look offside when Kessie nods the ball towards right.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I believe what they're saying is offsides with Suso is not the first long ball, but the touch from Kessie to Suso?

I'm trying to strain my eyes to figure it out. I'm honestly not sure. I can kinda see it. I'm trying to figure out how they got that Suso was off.

It's just difficult, y'know? If only the refs had some sort of... I dunno... video... replay system or something?

VAR is the one who ruled him offside. There was a silent check.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
How could the ref not give us that penalty? And how did that Manolas guy stay on the pitch?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who was off though? Was it the first ball over the top?

Sketchy asf

The ruling was that Suso was offside when Kessie nodded the ball towards him. VAR ruled him offside as far as I understand. The replays I’ve seen looks close, but not convincing either way.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

didn't they take the freekick from the position where kessie received the ball?

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Suso_zpssmj0qhom.jpg

tough to call from this angle

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Thiago Silva, Pirlo, Totti.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
they are in perfect line. Kessies foot is ahead of susos entire body as well. Clear onside.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
yeah lets discuss the ref and forget the legendary gatusso who not only stopped freaking hakan from leaving the team with actual money this winter transfer, leaving him till the end of the game, give us 0 tactics in the game other than give it to the donna and lose it to roma, made 85 Min subs and creates 2 chances the whole game.

i think i hate gatusso as a coach as much as i loved him as a player.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah I’m not upset about the penalty, looks like a close call. But the cards should’ve come out for Pellegrini certainly.

Gattuso is right about us playing better in the second half. We moved much more off the ball, but our wing forwards were just so bad tonight unlike Castillejo and Borini (and Laxalt) in the Napoli match. That’s really where we struggled tonight.

Well I’ll take the point considering everything.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
After feeling satisfied with our team performance vs Napoli and in general during the last few matches this one today vs Roma left me very frustrated.

This ref was absolutely trash. Should have sent off Manolas, Pellegrini and maybe even Zaniolo plus the decision to not even check VAR was ridiculous. If that was Juve it would have been red card to Kolarov plus PK without hesitation.

Hakan and Suso were just awful. Hakan needs to GTFO this summer. Suso has had a good camping overall so hopefully it was just 1 poor performance.

Gigio, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Pistolero all put in top performances.

Kessie, Calabria, RR, Baka were solid in general but not top.

Musacchio had a decent performance but should had done a lot better in that Roma goal.

Overall 1 point closer to Inter for 3rd is still something positive we can take from today but just very frustrated by today's match.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
we had a shit first half.
can't believe people are actually blaming musa for the goal. wtf.
after the goal we were better team but ref killed our momentum. roma played ugly match. as much people like to shit on players and coach, this is one of the reason we couldn't go for the second goal.
hakan is starting to fucking annoy me with his safe passes. he might be the no 10 with the most back passes in the world.
our passing was bad. we are passing backwards even when there are players free ahead.
amount of possible counters we ruin is mind boggling. if he can't fix it by himself, gattuso needs to at least get an attack coach. players have to take the blame too, they can't even make 2m sidepass during counter.
baka too many touches but not all blame lies on him. roma had that tactic spot on. need to be aware of the situation in future.
kessie better performance. donna motm. roma good too. piatek did what he could.
our FB's were exposed too much.

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
yeah lets discuss the ref and forget the legendary gatusso who not only stopped freaking hakan from leaving the team with actual money this winter transfer, leaving him till the end of the game, give us 0 tactics in the game other than give it to the donna and lose it to roma, made 85 Min subs and creates 2 chances the whole game.

i think i hate gatusso as a coach as much as i loved him as a player.

Pipe down you negative Nancy

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not upset about the penalty, looks like a close call. But the cards should’ve come out for Pellegrini certainly.

Gattuso is right about us playing better in the second half. We moved much more off the ball, but our wing forwards were just so bad tonight unlike Castillejo and Borini (and Laxalt) in the Napoli match. That’s really where we struggled tonight.

Well I’ll take the point considering everything.

Pelligrini, Manolas, Zaniolo. Especially the way Pelligrini and Manolas was playing in the second half.

The cunt Manolas even had the balls to stare down our players after tackles, almost as if he had free reign to do whatever.

Not just that, literally BS nonsense calls in the end. I think Schick jumps and forearms our players from the back and they get a call. Pelligrini jumping into 2 of our players no where near the ball, they get a call.

I usually say move on, but this ref was a real fucking cunt.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imagine if Kessie had just passed the call across to the wide open man instead of heading it out to Suso

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Crazy refereeing. I’ve said it a million times, Milan as a club needs to stand up for itself. We must make it known we don’t accept this bs. Literally almost every game we get butt fucked by refs.. and it’s intentional, not bad refereeing.. plain cheating