Who will make the final?

• Total voters

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
20:30 Cape Town​

Two times World Champion Uruguay will play two times finalists the Netherlands in Cape Town. The Dutch are unbeaten for 24 games in a row after beating Brazil while Uruguay also won every game since there opener against France.

Your thoughts, who will make the final?

Forgot to mention that the Netherlands will miss vd Wiel & de Jong while Urugay will be missing Fucile & Suarez.

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
No Suárez :cry:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Netherlands getting off easy
No this guy:
suarez_1667240c.jpg

No this guy:
NEWS_1251472302_jorgefucile.jpg

Probably not this guy:
340x.jpg

It's gonna have to be alllll this guy:
uruguai-diego-forlan.jpg

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
So Suarez, he'll be back for the 3rd place match right?

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Senatore, when you have giant testicles, you can do anything.

The only thing I'm afraid of is that Netherlands is the new version of Spain. Like one wasn't enough.

Fiero

Reaction score
Why isn't the poll public?

Uruguay will march to the final. This team is really underrated. C'mon La Celeste! Go on and win the World Cup!

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why isn't the poll public?
I don't know, i didn't do antything different then other polls. Maybe a mod can help me/you?

Btw, whats up with your sig when you support Uruguay ;). Lost a bet?

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yep lol. I like the Netherlands, and I was supporting them against Brazil. Bet on Brazil so it's a win win situation for me. ;)

Netherlands don't convince me though. I mean, you've always been chokers (no offense) but played sexy football, maybe when you gave up the sexy football you could actually win something! Doesn't make sense I know... your defense kinda sucks though, that's my biggest concern. Germany & Argentina's defense is equally imo.

I would be happy if Netherlands won the World Cup though. :) I love the country and the people. So good luck man, you deserve it!
Well, offcourse we do not have the best defense of the World Cup but honestly think that v Bommel + de Jong is the best defensive midfield in the World Cup. v Bommel was our best performer against Denmark, Japan & Brazil.

But yes, we allways give away a couple of chances. Besides that the defense is doing really well. Apart from the first goal today Heitinga and Ooijer (who doesn't even have a club anymore) did really well and totally killed Robinho & Fabiano in the second half. Also Stekelenburg is doing a great job, his save on Kaka's shot was a real gamesaver.

And i also agree we aren't playing very well but the second half today we really outplayed Brazil. For the first time this tournament our defense pushed up to the midfield and our attackers put a lot of pressure on Juan & Lucio so they were forced to play the long ball over and over again. (Argentina & Germany have the same problem as well with Friedrich, Mertesacker, Samuel & Demichelis).

I'm not saying we are going to win the whole thing (well my line under my avatar is ;)) but i have a lot of faith in this group and in this coach. The second half was a lot better, to bad we didn't convert more chances (some where to easy to screw up.)

Btw, why wasn't Godin playing tonight? Is he also injured?

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't want Holland to continue winning like a slightly more entertaining version of Brazil, be fun to watch for fuck sake.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
I don't want Holland to continue winning like a slightly more entertaining version of Brazil, be fun to watch for fuck sake.

Brazil had a strong defense. Lost this game because of own mistakes + dutch diving.

Holland is an orange version of Spain.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brazil had a strong defense. Lost this game because of own mistakes + dutch diving.

Holland is an orange version of Spain.

But that would make them an attacking force, which they've proven they really aren't. They're efficient and organised, and whilst that might well win them the whole thing, it's ugly to watch from a neutral point of view.

Probably going to be a Netherlands - Spain final, at least one of them is going to win a WC finally.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Probably going to be a Netherlands - Spain final, at least one of them is going to win a WC finally.

That's my fear (and what I predicted pre-WC), I hope Germany will play the final. :( Spain are worrying me, but if Swiss can beat Spain...

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
but if Swiss can beat Spain...
It's quite scary that some managers haven't realised how to stop Spain yet, get everybody behind the ball and hope for a counter. They have too many midgets to break through with anything but quick passing, stop that and Spain are out of ideas, they just continue the same way. The Barca of the international stage, without Messi.

Argentina - Spain could be an exciting semi final, I'd fancy Spain based on them not having Maradona and having a semi capable defense.

OneUnited

Reaction score
As good as at has been seen to watch Diego show what a quality player he is, it's time for Uruguay to go.

Netherlands-Paraguay final, please...

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Might sound arrogant, but that's okay...This match will be easy for us.

If we got beating...We are the biggest fools on this planet. Beating Brazil in Quarters and getting beaten by Uruguay in Semis.

I would be happy if Netherlands won the World Cup though. :) I love the country and the people. So good luck man, you deserve it!

You betta.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
belanda all the way.

i'm tellin u dudes arge--ned final. been sayin that 4 like 5 weeks.

mufuckaz need 2 realize when prophecy is being spoken.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It's quite scary that some managers haven't realised how to stop Spain yet, get everybody behind the ball and hope for a counter. They have too many midgets to break through with anything but quick passing, stop that and Spain are out of ideas, they just continue the same way. The Barca of the international stage, without Messi.

Argentina - Spain could be an exciting semi final, I'd fancy Spain based on them not having Maradona and having a semi capable defense.

You make it sound like it's so easy? Tactical disapline for 90 minutes is insanely hard..... a piss poor italian side in euro 2008 could do it, and with pirlo prob woulda scored on a counter... the americans did it, the swiss did it.

on contrary, it's not like portugese weren't doing a good job of it until rocardo costa decided to show everyone why he's not an international quality FB. Otherwise they had plan too.... if they had a younger deco or osmeone to spring counter they might have scored.

u sit back and close down well, u just for force them to play negative posession... The problem is they can be content pasing back and forth for 60 mins and typically defensive team (without GREAT disapline will break, try and pressue ball and allow space for someone like villa to make run)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You make it sound like it's so easy? Tactical disapline for 90 minutes is insanely hard..... a piss poor italian side in euro 2008 could do it, and with pirlo prob woulda scored on a counter... the americans did it, the swiss did it.

I'm not saying it's easy, just teams are still going at them, which unless you're Argentina or a few others just isn't possible.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Holland already in the final. Nice. A Germany vs Holland final. Yurop wins again:star:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
de Jong is out of next match so it's a huge blow, but then again so is Suarez. Who will replace de Jong?
Bouhlarouz will replace vd Wiel & i think de Zeeuw (Ajax) or van der Vaart will replace de Jong.

Luckily all yellow cards are gone now because almost every player had picked up a yellow card. Hopefully we will make the final (without a red card so everybody will be available).

All what I was saying is that the central defense partnership is certainly prone to error, same with Germany and Argentina, I agree.
Yes, i can't disagree with you on that. But this tournament they didn't make a lot of mistakes. And the mistakes that are made are being saved bij Stekelenburg, he is keeping an awesome tourney.

What pisses me off is the 80th minute substitution every game of van Persie and Huntelaar. Huntelaar is really useless (how did he manage to fuck up that chance?!)

Also where's van der Vaart? Is he injured? Eljia disappeared as well...
That sub is being used every match to keep the pressure on the back line. Huntelaars job is to chase there defenders and stop their build up. Van der Vaart was injured, he only had 1 training. But he's fit now.

I also thought Bert (v Marwijk) waited long with the subs but i can't disagree with him. Kuijt did an awesome job to get Maicon out of the game (i didn't expect him & Bronckhorst to deal with Maicon that impressive) and Elia came on for Kuijt every match but we needed to keep the lead so its logical Elia could not come on.

And yes Godin was injured.
Well, i'm hoping Lugano & Godin both won't make this match. Though i think Mathijsen also will miss it :(

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
new thread being added

Poll being added

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Van Persie in hospital for scan on arm injury 03/07/2010

Van Persie in hospital for scan on arm injury

REUTERS, 2010/07/03 11:34

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) – Netherlands striker Robin van Persie was taken to hospital on Saturday for a scan on an arm injury three days before their semi-final with Uruguay in Cape Town, coach Bert van Marwijk said.

Van Marwijk told reporters in Johannesburg that defender Joris Mathijsen was also in hospital for a scan on a knee injury.

“Robin van Persie is in hospital at this moment for a scan and Joris Mathijsen is the same. Robin has an arm problem and Joris a knee problem,” he said at a press briefing after a training session.

He did not think the Van Persie injury was serious but wanted to see the scan first to be sure.

(Writing by Gordon Bell; Editing by Jon Bramley)

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
So Suarez, he'll be back for the 3rd place match right?

lool !!! you're really cute. if i lived in canada, i will date you, buy you prada dresses / bags and take you to nice cafes...:D

*thx for supporting ned to win :star:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Dutch duo get all-clear 03 JUL 2010 | 18:11 SAST

Netherlands have been boosted by the news that Robin van Persie and Joris Mathijsen will both be fit to face Uruguay

0,,12950~8875443,00.jpg

There had been fears that the pair would be forced to sit out the semi-final after they were both sent to hospital to receive scans on their respective injuries.

Van Persie damaged his elbow after landing awkwardly in the quarter-final victory over Brazil, while Mathijsen injured his knee in the pre-match warm-up on Friday.

But scans revealed that the injuries were not as serious as first thought and they should be fine to face Oscar Tabarez's men on Tuesday.

"Neither scan on Van Persie or Mathijsen showed any serious damage and both are fit to play against Uruguay," read a Dutch FA statement.

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
Mathijsen being fit is a huge boost for the Dutch. Much more comfortable back line with him leading things in the back.

I will be in Amsterdam for this match... can not wait :D