Paolo Maldini Thread

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
happy birthday to great pavel maldič (that would be his slovenian name) :D

(Ceasare Maldini was born in Trieste, Venezia Giulia, Italy. His parents were working class people of Slovene origin whose surname Maldič was Italianised to Maldini in 1931.[1][2] He grew up in the predominantly Slovene-speaking working class suburb of Servola (Slovene: Škedenj),[3] and has kept a typical Triestine accent.)

Wut? Slovenian roots??
No wonder he is the greatest man alive.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Wut? Slovenian roots??
No wonder he is the greatest man alive.

Haha, we're not gonna hear the end of this now...

X: Slovenia is a shitty football country.

Shiby: Paolo Maldini is Slovenian :o :o :o

Ajacied

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco van Basten, Clarence Seedorf, Paolo Maldini, Rino Gattuso, Thiago Silva, Alexandre Pato
madlini.jpg

I'm in love.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Matt Barker
@matthew_barker Matt Barker
Maldini: "Ibrahimovic is the symbol of this #Milan. On a technical level, it's no exaggeration to say he's the equal of van Basten."

Paolo Maldini: "I'm being a father at the moment, a serious & difficult job. But if the right offer came along, I could return to football."

http://twitter.com/#!/matthew_barker

Make him an offer he can't refuse!

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Matt Barker
Maldini: "Ibrahimovic is the symbol of this #Milan. On a technical level, it's no exaggeration to say he's the equal of van Basten."

Paolo Maldini: "I'm being a father at the moment, a serious & difficult job. But if the right offer came along, I could return to football."

No thanks, Paolo, stay with your family and raise up your children!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Matt Barker

I dunno why,but if i imagine Galliani speaking with a Don Corleone voice,i would laugh my ass off :lol:

Bring Paolo back to Milan!

Lucia

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
New interview with :star:Paolo:star:

Milan, July 4, 2011

And now Paolo Maldini what do you do?
"I'm being a dad, it's is a serious and difficult job. But if I receive a proposal which is interesting I can return to work in football which has been my passion, my life."

What's your opinion of the AC Milan of Allegri?
"AC Milan is by far the most complete team in Italian football, a team that after so much has returned to play aggressively."

Of Allegri what do you say?
"He confirmed the good he had done in Cagliari. If anything surprised me the personality that he has demonstrated in selecting players and relationships with the same players, with the leaders and the press."

Is there one man who is the symbol of this Milan?
"Yes, that's Ibrahimovic. It's he who has transmitted, at the level of mentality and play, strong statements, it's him, with his overflowing character, who has restored great confidence to Milan."

Is it an exaggeration to compare him to Van Basten?
"No, it's not an exaggeration. At the technical level they are equal, Van Basten was more complete and more a scorer, Ibra is more powerful and more a leader*." (*trascinatore- the player who pulls the group together)

For now, Milan have bought Mexes, Taiwo and El Shaarawy, are they reinforcements?
"They are worthy purchases of a company that wants to continue the work of strengthening that began last season. And this is a very good sign."

What does Milan still need?
"To continue to excel in Italy almost nothing, to take off in Europe must sign other young and strong players."

Should Hamsik be signed?
"If Napoli would sell him at a reasonable price I would sign him in a hurry because Hamsik has the requirements that I talked about before, namely young and strong."

Cassano, would you give him up?
"Cassano is at the crossroads, for him the last train is passing to show he can be decisive even at very high levels."

Can this Milan start a cycle?
"Yes, but on the condition that it continues to invest to reduce if not to cancel the distances from the largest in Europe."

In his 25 year career which was, by far, the most beautiful Milan?
"It's difficult to choose. That of Sacchi has the merit of having given way to a long successful season, that of Capello was the most complete, had no weaknesses."

Who do you consider the best Milan coach of the era maldiniana?
"The answer is this: without Sacchi I might not have been part of the great Milan, without Capello I would not have reached the highest professional top, without Ancelotti I would not play up to forty years."

Give us an opinion on Berlusconi?
"From the beginning of the career I became great friends of his son Pier Silvio and Berlusconi said to me that I was another son. I love him and respect him, I believe it to be reciprocated."

What do you think of that small minority of fans who at the end of your career challenged you as a legend?
"As a football player I've had proper relationship with teammates, with coaches, with management, with journalists, with everyone. I have nothing to apolpogice to some fans with whom I have never tried contacts of convenience. "

Here at Inter: You like Gasperini?
"He's not a second choice, considering how his Genoa played and how the players who have been with him talks about him."

Is Leonardo a traitor?
"Leonardo is an intelligent person who has left Milan because he did not get along with the president and left Inter, in agreement with Moratti, because it presented the perfect opportunity to become manager, his job of choice, in Paris Saint Germain."

Is Inter on the wane?
"'We'll know if it's true this year."

In order not to run risks, to remain great what things would have to be done?
"Must first strengthen and then rejuvenate the Nerazzurri, as the average age is quite high."

And Juventus, to become great what things has to be done?
"Juve have invested heavily in recent years but with questionable results. In order to make a leap in quality, for example last year, Milan bought Ibra and the corporation is great. In essence, it's better with one strong player than 3 or 4 medium. With Pirlo, for example, they've made a logical deal. "

What do you say about Conte whom you played with in the national team?
"Antonio has great character, is intelligent and competent. And those who talk about little experience forgets the examples of Guardiola and Villas Boas. If you give him the right players Conte can do very well."

But Ziegler, Lichetsteiner and Patience are the right players?
"Around the champions it takes a good side dish."

Who will be the top Juventus player?
"Sanchez would do very well but to Aguero, a great scorer, I would prefer Tevez who has grit, personality, physique, in short, is a leader like Ibrahimovic."

Your favorites for scudetto?
"Milan, Inter and Juve in that order."

Abroad, will we still cut a very poor figure?
"The risk is there, considering the humiliating results that we have swallowed in the Champions League, Europe League and youth azzurre."

To conclude, is there not a position for you in Milan?
"I think I know Milan like my own pockets, if the conditions are right I'll be happy to return to the team of my heart, at least in part, I have received a lot."

Mario D'Ascoli

http://www.ilgiorno.it/milano/sport/calcio/2011/07/04/537190-ricetta_maldini.shtml

Last edited:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Thanks for posting full interview, Lucia.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Please hurry offering a job in Milan management!!! He said he's gonna return :)

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
Is there one man who is the symbol of this Milan?
"Yes, that's Ibrahimovic. It's he who has transmitted, at the level of mentality and play, strong statements, it's him, with his overflowing character, who has restored great confidence to Milan."

Is it an exaggeration to compare him to Van Basten?
"No, it's not an exaggeration. At the technical level they are equal, Van Basten was more complete and more a scorer, Ibra is more powerful and more a leader*." (*trascinatore- the player who pulls the group together)

Zlatan has the same respect for Maldini. He has praised him in numerous interviews as the worst defender to face, long before he joined Milan.

Spielmacher

Protagonista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini, Weah, Gullit
Zlatan has the same respect for Maldini. He has praised him in numerous interviews as the worst defender to face, long before he joined Milan.

fredrik...I've seen your posts and I like it, they're funny, insightful, and your photoshop was :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But do you really need to bring Zlatan to every thread/discussion?
Zlatan haters will hate you and him more and more.
Not really a nice atmosphere here if you keep doing what your doing.

Just my 2 cents.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
fredrik...I've seen your posts and I like it, they're funny, insightful, and your photoshop was :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But do you really need to bring Zlatan to every thread/discussion?
Zlatan haters will hate you and him more and more.
Not really a nice atmosphere here if you keep doing what your doing.

Just my 2 cents.
:max:

Spielmacher

Protagonista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini, Weah, Gullit
What?

Well maybe I overdid it with "insightful". But for me his zlatan pics/photoshops was quite hilarious and bring optimism to start 2010/2011 season.
All I'm saying is his fanboyism should be kept in zlatan's thread.

And please don't make this another zlatan or fredrik discussion.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
What?

Well maybe I overdid it with "insightful". But for me his zlatan pics/photoshops was quite hilarious and bring optimism to start 2010/2011 season.
All I'm saying is his fanboyism should be kept in zlatan's thread.

And please don't make this another zlatan or fredrik discussion.

"Insightful", "hilarious" and "bringing optimism" should be part of any description of the troll I am.

Anyway, I guess you're right. :thumbsup:

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
It wasn't like he brought Zlatan up out of nowhere. He was actually mentioned in the interview.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Haha, we're not gonna hear the end of this now...

X: Slovenia is a shitty football country.

Shiby: Paolo Maldini is Slovenian :o :o :o

:lol:

You mean Pavel Maldič :o

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Great interview, thanks Lucia!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Great read,thank you Lucia !Like it has been said many times,G needs to give this man a job!

milan88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, De Rosario, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Inzaghi, Bonera, Montolivo, Rooney, Kaka
ANYONE noticed he looks like Jasom Momoa ??

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he should become involved in the staff, full time!!

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
Hi, I'm kinda wondering, when did Maldini actually traded his LB position for a CB, atleast for most of the games cause he did play some games on the LB even at the end of his career but when was he put in de the centre ?

Spielmacher

Protagonista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini, Weah, Gullit
Well, he played as a LCB in 3 CB's formation for Milan during Zac era and with Italy in 2002 WC. Then we switch formation to 4 men defense after Zac, thus he moved to more central position.
During Ancelotti era, he was a CB with an instruction to sometimes roaming forward (usually to the left side) and providing crosses from deep, while Nesta cover the backline.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
Well, he played as a LCB in 3 CB's formation for Milan during Zac era and with Italy in 2002 WC. Then we switch formation to 4 men defense after Zac, thus he moved to more central position.
During Ancelotti era, he was a CB with an instruction to sometimes roaming forward (usually to the left side) and providing crosses from deep, while Nesta cover the backline.

Zac=Zaccheroni right ? and that's around late 90's ?
Sometimes I still regret I couldn't 'life' the golden Maldini-Milan years but it's too late for it now.

Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu

those were the times. so good. one CB is enough to hold the line. now even with nesta and silva, im not so sure.

Schedule