The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 29-03-2008, 21:14   #1
mizonero23
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Mohamed Zidan, Huntelaar, Paul Gascoine, Gary Lineker, Amr Zaki, Hassan Shehata, Gattuso
Default Mathieu Flamini Thread

Links to Flamini keep on surfacing on Goal.com:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=637046

what do you guys think?
mizonero23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 22:29   #2
remote2book
Sea206

Fav. Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, kaka, SES, Balo,T.silva, seedorf

he would be an awsome signing espicialy if we get him on a free transfer..he actually really is like a mini gattuso plays his heart out as well as good option for starting attacks
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 22:50   #3
peters
National Team Player

after 2 years (more?) in arsenal i only hear positives about him after milan games... and he is french

but, any young, hungry replacement in our DM-mid-line would be more than welcome. Even better if he can pass longer than 6 yards and run for more than 60 minutes.
peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 22:57   #4
solaris
Rookie

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Ka-Pa-Ro, Nesta, Flamini

I don't think a new DM should be regarded as a transfer priority, but as the man above me said, he is young and keeps running. In addition, according to Wikipedia he can play also as a fullback, a positon we have some problems with.
solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 04:08   #5
ezekiel2517
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: I lost the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris
I don't think a new DM should be regarded as a transfer priority, but as the man above me said, he is young and keeps running. In addition, according to Wikipedia he can play also as a fullback, a positon we have some problems with.
i disagree.

"first priority", we have 4 of those. We need a new striker, a new defender, someone to take over if Kaká or Seedorf can't play (sometimes both at the same time) and we need someone to take over if Pirlo can't play well if at all.

Gattuso nailed it when he said "if Kaká or Pirlo don't play, Milan is done for" we clearly need people to support them as we need some bench to replace them.
ezekiel2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 04:13   #6
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel2517
Gattuso nailed it when he said "if Kaká or Pirlo don't play, Milan is done for" we clearly need people to support them as we need some bench to replace them.
It's too bad that we're so damn overreliant on Kaka. Thank God that Pato decided to display his scoring touch right off the bat.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 09:22   #7
mizonero23
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Mohamed Zidan, Huntelaar, Paul Gascoine, Gary Lineker, Amr Zaki, Hassan Shehata, Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by remote2book
he would be an awsome signing espicialy if we get him on a free transfer..he actually really is like a mini gattuso plays his heart out as well as good option for starting attacks

I so agree with you. But do you think he wud come if we don't get a CL spot?
Old 30-03-2008, 09:48   #8
albion tifo
ACM

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizonero23
I so agree with you. But do you think he wud come if we don't get a CL spot?
If we don't get CL spot we will get crapy reinforcments as we always do and of course some contract extends for Cafu,serginho,favalli,brochi,etc etc

Signature
albion tifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 10:33   #9
Gravedigger
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...

Quote:
Originally Posted by remote2book
I agree with you
Gravedigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 10:51   #10
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini

if Flamini moves he will be coming with the free transfer status with him.and may i say that'll follow with an expensive salary i bet . we should re-thinking about that.

Signature
Life Goes On
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 02:11   #11
slifersd
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda
if Flamini moves he will be coming with the free transfer status with him.and may i say that'll follow with an expensive salary i bet . we should re-thinking about that.

I disagree on that point. Think about it, let's say if we spend cash to sign this guy from Arsenal, he would cost at least 10 million euros. If we sign him as a free agent, we probably would offer 500k or 1 million euros more than we otherwise would on his contract. That means, even without the time value of money being a factor, we get to have him play here for 10 years before we actually end up losing money on this transaction. Not to mention the fact that we have a load of players here who are getting huge contracts for no reason and this guy can actually play very well. I think he would be an excellent signing for us.
slifersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 05:48   #12
Billy_69
Banned

Fav. Players: Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...

Forget Flamini imho, he won't come without CL, we'll have to settle with a few young italian players (which maybe isn't a bad thing, could bring the hunger back in the team)
Billy_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 05:58   #13
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_69
Forget Flamini imho, he won't come without CL, we'll have to settle with a few young italian players (which maybe isn't a bad thing, could bring the hunger back in the team)
I actually would prefer young Italian players instead of big name signing, however on this particular case, I think Flamini will come no matter what, he's a nobody, just one good season behind him. Even without the CL, the dude should be honored to play with us + we'll probably give him a whole lotta cash.

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 06:28   #14
ics_rk
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato

Maybe a good option to replace Gatu when he is off-form..

Signature
== Simply Milan is the best ==
==== Milanisti Indonesia ====
ics_rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 06:52   #15
Godfather
World Cup Winner

I read somewhere that a Gilardino-Aquilani swap was on the cards, so how about this:

Aquilani--Pirlo--Flamini

instado of this:

Ambro-Pirlo-Gattuso
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 07:21   #16
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoht
I read somewhere that a Gilardino-Aquilani swap was on the cards, so how about this:

Aquilani--Pirlo--Flamini

instado of this:

Ambro-Pirlo-Gattuso
That would be great, but there's no way Roma would ever give up Aquilani for Gilardino. He is a huge part of their future and has been in great form for them. I'd love to get Flamini though, we'll have to throw a lot of cash at him, but we might just be able to steal him from Arsenal.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 16:23   #17
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini

Reports: Flamini in Juve agreement
Tuesday 1 April, 2008

Arsenal midfield star Mathieu Flamini will join Juventus this summer, according to French newspaper L’Equipe.

The 24-year-old’s contract at the Emirates Stadium expires at the end of the season and he has refused to sign a new deal, reportedly rejecting a lucrative five-year offer.

The news that Flamini is ready to leave London has prompted a flurry of interest in Italy with Milan, Inter and Juventus all believed to be chasing his signature.

Reports from France suggest that the Marseille youth product has snubbed the Nerazzurri and Rossoneri and already come to a provisional agreement with the Old Lady.

Juve are looking to add to their midfield options with summer signings Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron having failed to make their mark.

The Cadetti champions have already added former Liverpool man Mohamed Sissoko to the ranks and could pull off another English swoop.

Should Flamini arrive at the Stadio Olimpico it would surely silence whispers linking Juve with Chelsea’s Frank Lampard.

Flamini has made over 100 appearances for Arsenal since joining the Gunners in 2004.

ch.4

don't think too much about him. seems like he will be joins Juve.

Signature
Life Goes On
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 16:34   #18
mizonero23
Primavera Player

Yes, the report looks very strong but anything could happen. I believe its because of our weak spot on the league table.

Eventhough Berlu has promised a rejuvenation, I doubt any of the players we are linked to would come.

I was on the verge of stopping being a Milan fan a few years ago when Berlu scathed an attack on Arabs & Muslims during his tenure as a Prime Minister. But when I gave it a second thought I figured I was supporting Milan and not Berlusconi.

FORZA MILAN
Old 01-04-2008, 17:00   #19
Billy_69
Banned

Fav. Players: Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...

Flamini will go to Juve, as I said before, if you don't play CL you get the leftovers...
Billy_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:26   #20
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Sucks, but I also think that Flamini will go to Juve. Oh well. It's our own fault for not being in CL qualification.
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote