The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?
1st place 10 27.03%
2nd place 3 8.11%
CL spot 23 62.16%
EL spot 1 2.70%
7th+ 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-09-2020, 03:32   #9201
R.Akbar
Allenatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
Yeah, Chelsea spending like crazy in these times is really odd. Something is very fishy.
If i'm not mistaken, last year they were banned from making transfer, right?

Maybe they did reserve the budget on a different investment and the asset made liquid during these hard times.

Signature
Ing Madya Mbangun Karso
R.Akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 03:56   #9202
leaf
Rule me Kamala!!!

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
We can do it

I am hopeful but I believe, we have the ability to make it happen
At this point we'd do well to focus on RW

Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
On covid-19:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec
Looking fwd to the corona panic being cured soon. Getting rly tired of some of these ppl. Scared of this barely dangerous virus
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 05:02   #9203
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Duarte is Maldini's and he owns it.

Laxalt, Paqueta on the other hand. These were Leonardo signings who backfired. Not to mention Piatek.

I think it's realistic to expect that in a few years time we're looking upon a Maldini created squad without significant weaknesses. Imagine, people. If you have questions about Maldini's abilities, just google some pictures. If you can honestly look at a cool of how cool he looks, think of his career as a player and his stature worldwide, and THEN cook up some stuff about him not getting it? Hit me up.
Best-picture-ever

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
sex without connection means nothing to me, waste of time
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 05:20   #9204
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Why do we need 2 more CBs? Unless both Duarte and Musacchio are leaving.
In which case Nastasic makes sense as a low cost signing, especially if we don?t have to buy him.

And Laxalt, i bet even if he leaves it?s another loan
You cant count on Musacchio, he's coming back in november and god knows how much time it will take him to get in shape and get match-fit
taura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 06:52   #9205
Ash
Swag Maestro

We will get a CB and CM thats for sure. Whether they will be quality or not is up for debate.

Highly doubtful we will get a RW tho. Bar the recycled Chiesa rumors, we havent been linked to any other RW.

But theres no doubt we need one. Our right side is a glaring hole atm. Saelemakers is not a long term solution and Samu is mediocre at best. On the other end, theres no guarantees whether Calabria will keep up his form. We have seen this from him too many times before.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Ash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 06:58   #9206
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Quote:
It?s we

This convinced me

We

And he called me out by name. Bless you, Maldini
Good for you, it's certainly an elegant argument for we.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 07:27   #9207
BreadPitt
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Nesta, Bona, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, RR, *Abate*,

Fofana is still my preference for cb, but I am not hating these Nastasic rumours, from what I remember he was half decent.

Signature
New Era
BreadPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 07:44   #9208
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
It?s we

This convinced me

We

And he called me out by name. Bless you, Maldini
Oh genny...

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 08:17   #9209
taura
Attaccareeee

New interceptions shake up the case linked to Luis Suarez's Italian exam: phone calls from the Juventus lawyer to the responsibilities of the University for Foreigners of Perugia and a promise, in order to facilitate the obtaining of the B1 language certification for the Uruguayan striker, necessary for obtaining Italian citizenship and, consequently, for membership for the Juventus club.

throw them back to fucking serie c
Old 23-09-2020, 08:23   #9210
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
New interceptions shake up the case linked to Luis Suarez's Italian exam: phone calls from the Juventus lawyer to the responsibilities of the University for Foreigners of Perugia and a promise, in order to facilitate the obtaining of the B1 language certification for the Uruguayan striker, necessary for obtaining Italian citizenship and, consequently, for membership for the Juventus club.

What a ludicrous embarrasment.

Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 08:24   #9211
milanator
AC Milan Legend

I don?t see a reason to sell, and especially to loan, Laxalt. I mean if we can sell him and get a great, undervalued talent than that?s a good deal of course, but speaking about the standard scenario here.

He is a solid Serie A LB and his playing style (more attack minded) makes him a good BU for Theo. Theo is the clear starter anyway, but as a BU I think there is nothing wrong with Laxalt. We don?t have the funds to have 2 almost world class players in every position yet.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 08:27   #9212
taura
Attaccareeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
He is a solid Serie A LB and his playing style (more attack minded) makes him a good BU for Theo. Theo is the clear starter anyway, but as a BU I think there is nothing wrong with Laxalt. We don't have the funds to have 2 almost world class players in every position yet.
I feel like he's okay at best going forward, he doesnt have the drive Theo has, I dont think Ive ever seen him dribble past a player and defensively he's rly shaky..id rather see us get a young prospect instead of Laxalt
Old 23-09-2020, 08:30   #9213
DeNiro
AC Milan Legend

Nastasic always been good. Serie A proven, was decent at man City. Only concern is his injuries. If he is fit I wouldn't mind signing him, pretty good back up option
DeNiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 08:34   #9214
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Yes to Nastasic...

Hopefully we can loan out Duarte.

Signature

Lions don't compare themselves to men
vidarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 08:36   #9215
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
I feel like he's okay at best going forward, he doesnt have the drive Theo has, I dont think Ive ever sern him dribble past a player and defensively he's rly shaky..id rather see us get a young prospect instead of Laxalt
He is a solid crosser, he lacks the goal horny-ness Theo has (among other things) on top, which imo is rare in FB in general.
I think overall he is a good package to step in a spot that?s geared to a high pushing FB.

Problem with a young prospect is that we won?t get a surely wc one for Laxalt?s value (5-7m?) Some will also shy away from having Theo in front of them who is one of the strongest players in the whole squad. But if we can identify a really undervalued talent I?m all for it.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 08:37   #9216
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Quote:

italian standards ...

Signature

VooDooDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 08:45   #9217
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Laxalt was always a pain in the ass when playing against us, don't know what happened when he came here.

Signature
"We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life. God sent us."

Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 08:59   #9218
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
What's this obsession with right and left footed?
Because it's a sport you play mostly with your feet.

Ok, so you're Romagnoli and you're looking to pass to Kjaer. You want to pass to him so he can receive the ball facing forwards. With your left foot you can easily pass in that direction with the inside of your foot, which is natural. If Romagnoli was right footed then he would either have to use his weak foot to make that pass, or hit the ball with the outside of his foot which is very risky, or have to take a few steps to shift his body so that he can angle a pass with the inside of his right foot into the path of Kjaer. It's all about your body shape at the time you want to pass and what the most likely pass you'll be making over the course of a game. You want to make it as easy as possible to make that most likely pass, and having a left footed player at LCB makes it easy to pass to your partner, and to play the long diagonal to the opposite fullback/winger.

This is the same for Bennacer in midfield. His most important pass is to Theo for us to quickly shift the play to the other side, which is a key move in our transition. Him playing on the right with his left foot makes this pass much more efficient than having Kessie with his right foot, since typically this midfielder would be cutting inside and running centrally to look at the field of play. Bennacer can curve the ball around the defenders into the path of Theo with a fast low pass. Kessie can't do this well with his right foot even if he was as good as Bennacer technically to be able to pull off the pass regularly. A left footed pass just naturally curves in that direction, away from defenders blocking the passing lane and into the path of Turbo Theo. Kessie would have to hit the ball over the defence in order to get the ball into the same zone, but we want it on the ground so Theo can keep running without having to control a high ball first.

Last edited by brk; 23-09-2020 at 09:26.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 09:19   #9219
justiface
Geddy Lee's Bass

Fav. Players: geddy lee - kaka - Georges St-Pierre - Sheva - Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Laxalt was always a pain in the ass when playing against us, don't know what happened when he came here.
Laxalt is a decent LB. Good enough to be a backup that plays around 20 games in a long season with continental football. When he first came, the team has zero presence in the midfield. Both RB and LB struggled bad but he looked worse because there was Ricrod in front of him who's slightly better defending wise. Same thing happened to Conti who's an even bigger disaster when it comes to defending. That's why Calabria and Ricrod were the starters.

Now that we have a good midfield, we can see even Conti can be defensively sound at times (still i'm not convinced). Give Laxalt a chance to play with a decent midfield, i'm sure he'll come around useful when Theo needs to be rested.

Signature
justiface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 09:22   #9220
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Nastasic, who took in a spell at Manchester City before moving to Vetlins-Arena, struggled with injury last season and was only able to appear in 16 Bundesliga matches for Schalke in total.
Just wot we need a... another injury prone defender.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote