The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don?t see a reason to sell, and especially to loan, Laxalt. I mean if we can sell him and get a great, undervalued talent than that?s a good deal of course, but speaking about the standard scenario here.

He is a solid Serie A LB and his playing style (more attack minded) makes him a good BU for Theo. Theo is the clear starter anyway, but as a BU I think there is nothing wrong with Laxalt. We don?t have the funds to have 2 almost world class players in every position yet.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
He is a solid Serie A LB and his playing style (more attack minded) makes him a good BU for Theo. Theo is the clear starter anyway, but as a BU I think there is nothing wrong with Laxalt. We don't have the funds to have 2 almost world class players in every position yet.

I feel like he's okay at best going forward, he doesnt have the drive Theo has, I dont think Ive ever seen him dribble past a player and defensively he's rly shaky..id rather see us get a young prospect instead of Laxalt

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Nastasic always been good. Serie A proven, was decent at man City. Only concern is his injuries. If he is fit I wouldn't mind signing him, pretty good back up option

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Yes to Nastasic...

Hopefully we can loan out Duarte.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I feel like he's okay at best going forward, he doesnt have the drive Theo has, I dont think Ive ever sern him dribble past a player and defensively he's rly shaky..id rather see us get a young prospect instead of Laxalt

He is a solid crosser, he lacks the goal horny-ness Theo has (among other things) on top, which imo is rare in FB in general.
I think overall he is a good package to step in a spot that?s geared to a high pushing FB.

Problem with a young prospect is that we won?t get a surely wc one for Laxalt?s value (5-7m?) Some will also shy away from having Theo in front of them who is one of the strongest players in the whole squad. But if we can identify a really undervalued talent I?m all for it.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
New interceptions shake up the case linked to Luis Suarez's Italian exam: phone calls from the Juventus lawyer to the responsibilities of the University for Foreigners of Perugia and a promise, in order to facilitate the obtaining of the B1 language certification for the Uruguayan striker, necessary for obtaining Italian citizenship and, consequently, for membership for the Juventus club.

throw them back to fucking serie c

italian standards ...

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Laxalt was always a pain in the ass when playing against us, don't know what happened when he came here.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's this obsession with right and left footed?

Because it's a sport you play mostly with your feet.

Ok, so you're Romagnoli and you're looking to pass to Kjaer. You want to pass to him so he can receive the ball facing forwards. With your left foot you can easily pass in that direction with the inside of your foot, which is natural. If Romagnoli was right footed then he would either have to use his weak foot to make that pass, or hit the ball with the outside of his foot which is very risky, or have to take a few steps to shift his body so that he can angle a pass with the inside of his right foot into the path of Kjaer. It's all about your body shape at the time you want to pass and what the most likely pass you'll be making over the course of a game. You want to make it as easy as possible to make that most likely pass, and having a left footed player at LCB makes it easy to pass to your partner, and to play the long diagonal to the opposite fullback/winger.

This is the same for Bennacer in midfield. His most important pass is to Theo for us to quickly shift the play to the other side, which is a key move in our transition. Him playing on the right with his left foot makes this pass much more efficient than having Kessie with his right foot, since typically this midfielder would be cutting inside and running centrally to look at the field of play. Bennacer can curve the ball around the defenders into the path of Theo with a fast low pass. Kessie can't do this well with his right foot even if he was as good as Bennacer technically to be able to pull off the pass regularly. A left footed pass just naturally curves in that direction, away from defenders blocking the passing lane and into the path of Turbo Theo. Kessie would have to hit the ball over the defence in order to get the ball into the same zone, but we want it on the ground so Theo can keep running without having to control a high ball first.

Last edited:

justiface

Geddy Lee's Bass
Reaction score
Fav. Players
geddy lee - kaka - Georges St-Pierre - Sheva - Nesta
Laxalt was always a pain in the ass when playing against us, don't know what happened when he came here.

Laxalt is a decent LB. Good enough to be a backup that plays around 20 games in a long season with continental football. When he first came, the team has zero presence in the midfield. Both RB and LB struggled bad but he looked worse because there was Ricrod in front of him who's slightly better defending wise. Same thing happened to Conti who's an even bigger disaster when it comes to defending. That's why Calabria and Ricrod were the starters.

Now that we have a good midfield, we can see even Conti can be defensively sound at times (still i'm not convinced). Give Laxalt a chance to play with a decent midfield, i'm sure he'll come around useful when Theo needs to be rested.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Nastasic, who took in a spell at Manchester City before moving to Vetlins-Arena, struggled with injury last season and was only able to appear in 16 Bundesliga matches for Schalke in total.

Just wot we need a... another injury prone defender.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
#Juve-#Chiesa , new contacts: bianconeri at work to make room for him, on loan with obligation of redemption it can be done

Its Calciomercato so not sure how reliable it is

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nastasic always been good. Serie A proven, was decent at man City. Only concern is his injuries. If he is fit I wouldn't mind signing him, pretty good back up option

Back-up? We shud be looking for a 1st name on the sheet defender.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
#Juve-#Chiesa , new contacts: bianconeri at work to make room for him, on loan with obligation of redemption it can be done

Its Calciomercato so not sure how reliable it is

But they have that ginger guy. Altho there are talks of Costa going to EPL.

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Laxalt is a decent LB. Good enough to be a backup that plays around 20 games in a long season with continental football. When he first came, the team has zero presence in the midfield. Both RB and LB struggled bad but he looked worse because there was Ricrod in front of him who's slightly better defending wise. Same thing happened to Conti who's an even bigger disaster when it comes to defending. That's why Calabria and Ricrod were the starters.

Now that we have a good midfield, we can see even Conti can be defensively sound at times (still i'm not convinced). Give Laxalt a chance to play with a decent midfield, i'm sure he'll come around useful when Theo needs to be rested.

Agree guy was a starter at a world cup with a team that went deep.He fine as a back up and brings expirence.

Our defence ATM with Roma and Gabbia have two players who are long term players (5years). We don't necessarily need expirence but we don't need youth either. We need the best player we can afford to fight for the title. Imo Fofana and ajer are both young guys and will be good but inconsistent next term. That is why I would prefer a good player in their prime this off season and maybe another younger one next. We also have that boy for the youth team who impressed in the off season. All I know is media don't know we we are really after. Upa is the dream for this team tho.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Well the '"no crowd" theory doesn't seem as stupid as some people pointed it out to be

No team improved more after the lockdown than Milan and Calabria has an intriguing theory as to why they performed better behind closed doors.

“Considering many in the team are young, perhaps the absence of a crowd gave us a helping hand. We are able to communicate better on the pitch and are better organised.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You can hear Ibra directing every pass... cant listen to Ibra with 1000s of ppl hurling abuse at you for being shit.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
I'm betting we sign Vecino on loan at the end of the market...
And if we manage to get Nastasic on option too, then the money we had expected to use on these two positions can go towards a Chiesa perhaps..

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
I think if chiesa were to come samu will be sold. No need for three right wingers. I think there is money To be spent but on the right player.

Ideally between now and the end of the window we sell samu and get chiesa
Swap Paq with depay.
Get Nastasic on loan with option.
Sign a young CB like fofana.
Loan duarte to a low ranked serie a team.
Possibly get a dm if we were to move on krunic. This dosent really matter to me as krunic as a 4th choice DM is actually pretty good. He is entering his prime and can be a useful player of he is happy to sit on the bench.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Duarte is Maldini's and he owns it.

Laxalt, Paqueta on the other hand. These were Leonardo signings who backfired. Not to mention Piatek.

I think it's realistic to expect that in a few years time we're looking upon a Maldini created squad without significant weaknesses. Imagine, people. If you have questions about Maldini's abilities, just google some pictures. If you can honestly look at a cool of how cool he looks, think of his career as a player and his stature worldwide, and THEN cook up some stuff about him not getting it? Hit me up.

All of his signings backfired. Elite SD they said :lol: glad he fucked off.

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
According to Bola, Florentino Luis is heading to Monaco on a paying dry loan of 2Me

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
I'm betting we sign Vecino on loan at the end of the market...
And if we manage to get Nastasic on option too, then the money we had expected to use on these two positions can go towards a Chiesa perhaps..

Why would we sign him? He's injured till mid november or something, it literally makes no sense

Don Italo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sign Nastasic on loan with a right to purchase. Next year, Milenkovic will only have one year left and we can sign him for less than 20Me. If Nastasic works out as well, we will have a good rotation CBs (Roma, Kjaer, Milenkovic, Nastasic). Mussachio will be gone, Duarte as well. Bring Gabbia back in place of Kjaer in two years.

For CM, Florentino is heading to Monaco while there are strong rumours in French media that Paris is interested in Bakayoko. Since we have loaned out Pobega, we can be sure that another CM is arriving maybe two if Krunic is leaving. If a CM materialises on a loan and right of purchase, then it seems we are going all in for Chiesa.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Sign Nastasic on loan with a right to purchase. Next year, Milenkovic will only have one year left and we can sign him for less than 20Me. If Nastasic works out as well, we will have a good rotation CBs (Roma, Kjaer, Milenkovic, Nastasic). Mussachio will be gone, Duarte as well. Bring Gabbia back in place of Kjaer in two years.

For CM, Florentino is heading to Monaco while there are strong rumours in French media that Paris is interested in Bakayoko. Since we have loaned out Pobega, we can be sure that another CM is arriving maybe two if Krunic is leaving. If a CM materialises on a loan and right of purchase, then it seems we are going all in for Chiesa.

Now those are some bold assumptions. First of all, Id say no to Nastasic cause he's injury prone and its not worth risking. Second if Skriniar is sold to PSG, there wont be a Milenkovic with 1 year conttact left as Inter will pick him up since they see him as a perfect replacement for Skriniar. Getting rid of Duarte will be a bigger pain in the ass as you think.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I should have never watched that Torino match.. It will be so disappointing if we dont sign milenkovic

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Just seen nastasic injury history...we should not sign him...rather go for ajer. Milenkovic first choice

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

**and then he turned off the PlayStation**

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
120113483_3233244910104499_7209550299864185037_o.jpg

Expecting helluva season, based on these predictions, better say computer simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule