What kind of football player are you?

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Thought it would be fun to start a thread like this. It's fun to hear all peoples playing styles in this forum.:D

I can start.:)

My playing style is very, VERY similar to Pirlos playingstyle, that's one of the reasons he is my favorite player.
My team plays very boring 4-3-3 formation... I play right infront of the defence like Pirlo did. I'm very lazy even if I'm 13 years old...:D I usually take freekicks, I also usually score only when I take freekicks because the goalkeepers are bad in that age, they are very short... Well you know how Pirlo is, I don't need to explain.:D

So what kind of playingstyle do you got?

diehardmilanist

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I am defender :) I live in Albania and I have played football professionally since I was 6 years old,with the team of my city,Shkodra.Team's name is K.F Vllaznia.

I have represented my country in under-15 and under-17 levels,also being spot as one of the bigest current talents for the defense department.When I was 14 years old I received an invitation from Newcastle United academy to go have a trial with them,and some days before going bad luck stroke.I hurt my meniscus badly,and the medics told me to stop playing football if I wanted to ever walk again.It was the end of my dreams,more than 11 years of training hard and with determination :( Some of you guys could laugh but my big dream was to play for Milan :) I love Milan and I wanted to represent those colours one day,unfortunately I can't anymore.

I am a natural left-back,but I am used to play as a centre back,right back and defensive midfielder aswell,no problem,I play the same in all the defense department.My playing style is agressive,strong tackles,and I do not lack technique :) I have good crossing ability,that is why I was used as a left back for most of the time,and in the 11 years I played,I scored more than 40 goals for my local team,in different age levels,and only 7 for my national team :)

Thanks for reading if you did :) Love u Milan :)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Strasser.

I just amble around playing it simple, occasionally more like Rino if i'm fired up but generally like Strasser.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I am defender :) I live in Albania and I have played football professionally since I was 6 years old,with the team of my city,Shkodra.Team's name is K.F Vllaznia.

I have represented my country in under-15 and under-17 levels,also being spot as one of the bigest current talents for the defense department.When I was 14 years old I received an invitation from Newcastle United academy to go have a trial with them,and some days before going bad luck stroke.I hurt my meniscus badly,and the medics told me to stop playing football if I wanted to ever walk again.It was the end of my dreams,more than 11 years of training hard and with determination :( Some of you guys could laugh but my big dream was to play for Milan :) I love Milan and I wanted to represent those colours one day,unfortunately I can't anymore.

I am a natural left-back,but I am used to play as a centre back,right back and defensive midfielder aswell,no problem,I play the same in all the defense department.My playing style is agressive,strong tackles,and I do not lack technique :) I have good crossing ability,that is why I was used as a left back for most of the time,and in the 11 years I played,I scored more than 40 goals for my local team,in different age levels,and only 7 for my national team :)

Thanks for reading if you did :) Love u Milan :)

You made me cry, I feel sorry for you.:cry:
I also have the dream to play for Milan, it makes me happy do hear there are nobody who can take over Pirlo, because I have bigger chance to play for Milan then, if they spot me... I used to play rightback before my coach realised how good passes I have and moved me to play like a deep-lying midfielder. I have only scored 7 goals, 6 of them on freekicks. Forza Milan!:)

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Strasser.

I just amble around playing it simple, occasionally more like Rino if i'm fired up but generally like Strasser.

We could play together at Milan, haha:D
We can be like Gattuso and Pirlo:D

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm like a Ronaldinho + Onyewu mix.

I got Dinho defensive effort and work rate and Onyewu attacking skills.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
I lack both pace and strength and height is avg (5ft 10in).

My passing and vision is actually really good but my work rate is almost as bad as Dinho's :D

My football instincts are very good ; inzaghi like ;) but i play for a shit team(only my colony team) so i have to be in the middle of the park and dictate play.

Therefore .... i am a shitty wannabe version of Pirlo! (p.s. i have long hair like his and have his away jersey too :D)

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lack both pace and strength and height is avg (5ft 10in).

My passing and vision is actually really good but my work rate is almost as bad as Dinho's :D

My football instincts are very good ; inzaghi like ;) but i play for a shit team(only my colony team) so i have to be in the middle of the park and dictate play.

Therefore .... i am a shitty wannabe version of Pirlo! (p.s. i have long hair like his and have his away jersey too :D)

Just dont screw my future and become a new Pirlo, that's my job.:tongue::D

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Just dont screw my future and become a new Pirlo, that's my job.:tongue::D

Haha okay if you promise to split wages if you play for Milan in the future we have a deal :D

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Haha okay if you promise to split wages if you play for Milan in the future we have a deal :D

You get 30 %, I 50 % and the rest for charity.:D

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Hmm, lazy midfielder with vision.
Don't really have strength, speed or awesome technique but my passing and especially quick combinations & through balls are me speciality.

I'm the playmaker of my Futsal team :D

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Last time I played football, I scored three goals in exchange for a trip to the hospital and a concussion.

So, my playing style... Fernando Redondo.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Fullback who hates venturing forward. But very interested in moving sideways in a consistent and irritating manner to whoever my fellow CB is. So FB who loves to take over the CB role.

I love having attackers run straight at me - it's quite difficult to get past me. But I hate crossing.

Let's say I'm Cristian Chivu.

I'm like a Ronaldinho + Onyewu mix.

I got Dinho defensive effort and work rate and Onyewu attacking skills.

:D Means you put a tent up in the box trying to head everything, and is too lazy to go back. Wait, isn't that Klose?

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I am a basketball player I use my hands.

So I guess Maradona.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Thought it would be fun to start a thread like this. It's fun to hear all peoples playing styles in this forum.:D

I can start.:)

My playing style is very, VERY similar to Pirlos playingstyle, that's one of the reasons he is my favorite player.
My team plays very boring 4-3-3 formation... I play right infront of the defence like Pirlo did. I'm very lazy even if I'm 13 years old...:D I usually take freekicks, I also usually score only when I take freekicks because the goalkeepers are bad in that age, they are very short... Well you know how Pirlo is, I don't need to explain.:D

So what kind of playingstyle do you got?

I'm EXACTLY the same, except we play a 4-4-2 with two wingers and an attacking midfielder. Instead I come flying into tackles like Gattuso but don't run nearly as far as he does

Last edited:

Dutchie-Milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am a defender,i became a Milanfan when i was little and watched my first Milan game,it was love on first sight.I saw Maldini leading the defence and since then i can call myself Rossonero!

I am pretty hard tackler and allot of times stupid with that,i have hurt myself also,brocken my hand and wrist and have had a head concussion because i injured other players and myself......

Every coach i had(and my mother)told me to chill down,but i cant stand losing and something snaps in me when i come up the field.

I play at CB but i'm leftfooted so i can also play LB.

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
Good thread

I've played all over the pitch Left back, Centre mid , Right/left mid and Upfront

Back when I played seriously I had a bit of speed so I liked playing on the wings. I used to go to regional champs back in high school for 100m and 200m but got lazy by end of high school and now I just play for fun :o

Playing style not too sure had a bit of skill but my downfall has always been my workrate and ball speed... some passes when I got tired were terrible :) but the only time I would run hard if it was an important game or an opposition player would annoy me so I wanted to win :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Great thread :D

I'll concentrate on my high school years as before, like most kids I played every position depending on coach...

What type of player was I? I'd always say I was kind of your jack of all trades, master of none Midfielder. I believer I said it in another thread, but liken myself to ambrosini. Tall and won lots of headers in midfield, decent on ball but not special, usually did more of the dirty work. Liked running but usually played more discipline than my teammates (cause I like to think I'm a smart player but really I was semi-passive, a bit of a thinker, if you couldn't tell, not scared of a challenge, i made many but i wasn't running around headless defensively). I was naturally 2 footed. And my naturally 2 footed, i mean mediocre on both and really no strength in shot.

As for my high school team, we were pretty good. My sophmore year I was up and down fro mvarsity and JV team cause of this. Junior year I wasn't able to consistently start at CM, my preferred position cause we had 2 seniors who were better than me. Occasionally I'd get time there but usually my coach used me at FB, particularly LB . I hated it but it beat not playing. Hate being isolated on wing, and would rack up my fair share of cards :)

So finally my senior year I get to play my preferred position. I'm one of team captains (there were 3 of us). Now we played a 4-5-1 or maybe a 4-4-1-1. Hard to say really... but basically both CMs were more defensive oriented. By far our best technical player was 3rd CM. He had freedom to float, our coach always wanted him to go back and defend, but he wouldn't that often. But since he was our best player/created most of our goals... he never saw the bench. RM was a short kid who ran his ass off and was by far best crosser on team. LM was more or less a younger CM who was too good to leave on the bench but not really a winger. Our lone forward was michael owen obsessed (it's 02/03) and thus wanted to play like him. My coach was a maniacal sweeper, he was scottish, i think he played in scottish 2nd division, or so he claimed. All focus was always on defense. Subsequently most of our games were 1-0 wins. Eitherway we went undefeated in league (18 games, 13 wins, 5 draws :proud:).

So my senior year would be the 2002/3 season.

Right as Pirlo is really exploding. So I had an obsession with trying to be like him. So I'd always be trying the lofting balls in training. Now keep in mind, doing it under pressure is a different thing. Of course I could do it well enough with no defending but when we scrimmaged in practice, it was another story. Lost posession after posession. My coach would yell at me all the time, but I didn't stop.

Anyway one week in training I just start hitting them. PArticularly our scrimmage before a game v. our rivals i connect on 3 for goals. So I'm feeling great. And my coach tells me this "if you try that in a game, it better not be lost in our half OR ELSE"

So we're playing rival. Keep in mind this rival had a lot of kids I played club in off-season with. There best player was a total douche (he thought he was WAY better than he was... he was good, but not that good as evident by fact he got cut from some french league 2 team who offered him a try out and MLS clubs). To make it better, I was dating a girl from his school, who (17 year old senatore) had total paranioa he was trying to fuck. Maybe he was but who knows...

So game is going, and considering we all know each other from club it's pretty physical. Anyway I get a ball from CB and find myself in space. I see our forward making a wannabe pippo run off the shoulder of there CB (they'd been attacking and were thus forward a bit). In my head I'm totally seeing this going 30 yards over there team and he'll grab it and go score. It's all in slow motion in my mind. I trap ball and get ready to launch it. And out of nowhere THAT FUCKING Douche surges in. I thought he was too far from me, I was wrong.

What happens? As i kick it about 2 feet in air on flight he deflects it.... it goes 10 yards behind us to where they have a fiorward standing. GOAL. Down 1-0. I look to sideline and coach is READY to murder me. Lukcily we ended up scoring and drew 1-1 but he was not very happy.

I got subbed off, and saw bench next couple games, lol. Until someone pulled a muscle and I got to start again, and NEVER tried anything like that in a game again.

Hope you all enjoyed that story. Hands down worst sporting moment of my life.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Really doubt anyones gonna read that ^ :D

I'm a very lazy sweeper, but very strong as well, 6'4 monsters cant take me down.

tbh, Im lazy because we arent playing for anything, but when we play against people I hate, I play like I care, but still abit lazy at times :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Why do all fat people think they're strong? You're not strong... you're just heavy.

I garentee I can lift heavier weights than you on any exercise :D

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Why do all fat people think they're strong? You're not strong... you're just heavy.

I garentee I can lift heavier weights than you on any exercise :D

you havent really seen me, so you cant judge.

and when i say monsters, I mean guys who are taller and heavier than me.

I cant really judge because you seem thin, but i really doubt you can.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
My story ;)

Played as a sweeper when I was younger, in a 3 man defence. We won the league one year, but finished 2nd the next two (team called Wythenshaw won it, and apparently their entire team was scouted by City).

But yeah, I was a quality defender. Fastest in my team (was fastest in my school in year 4), brave as helll (got so many injuries), good at tackling. I had a beast of a throw, the manager would call up up in the last minute to do a throw. Used to piss me off. Anyway I was scouted by Man City, but my dad told them to come back in a few years. I was also quite strong, and whenever we'd do the "dad's vs lads" match before the season I would take one of them out with a slide tackle. I'd also do it on the astro turf, so I'd end up with ripped up trackies and a huge burn on my knee's, which was hurt even more because of the salt on the floor or whatever it is they use)

2 years later I had a poor start. Everyone had grown apart from me, and at a United summer school thin they told me I wouldn't make a sweeper as I wasn't tall enough. I carried on anyway, and got better and better, but had to become more "nasty" to make up for my lack of height (strange as I'm 6'2 now). One game against a team called Sale I completely raped this guy, and he went off the pitch crying. All of his team grouped together and started saying things to me, which made me quite nervous as they were a rough team. My mate called Tom who was our "hard" player walked up to them and said if they touch me he's going to break their fucking legs (his dad was NOT happy, as we were only around 10). Anyway they didn't do anything to me, which was cool and I had to say sorry to the other kid at the end of the match, who broke his arm.

At school I was CM, though I pretty much ran about everywhere. I remember I was against another school team, who had 2 players that were in my local team, and we were getting battered about 3-1. I was playing well though, but their striker (Dec) megged me and started making me look a fool (he was later scouted along with me and 2 others). I pulled him, pushed him on the floor and kicked him, though not intentionally. I did it on instinct. Anyway I was "sent off" which for school kids meant I had to be subbed and wasn't allowed back on. When I saw the guy at training a few days later it was a bit strange, but he laughed about it so I was happy.

Anyway for my team I moved to RM, and scored 2 goals in my first game, one of which was a clearence from my own half, and I'd also play CM.

Carried on and was scouted again, but City once more, Stoke and a 3rd team but I never got to found out who. My dad told them to come back in a year or so again :rolleyes:, and a month later I started feeling pain in my knees. I didn't tell anyone, and carried on playing for about 6 months, and had to sneak and ice pack on my knees after every training/match. In the end the manager saw my knee and noticed it was really swollen, and one of the dads who was a physio took a look and said it looked fairly serious. I went to see him a few times, and it turned out I had a severe case of "osgood schlattersa", which is where the muscle's in my knee's grew too quickly.

Looking back it didn't suprise me. My week was this:

Saturday: "Brazillian football"
Sunday: Local team match
Monday: free
Tuesday: School training
Wednesday: Local team training
Thursday: A school match every 3 weeks
Friday: free

That obviously doesn't include playing all the time at school, which I hated but would get in early so I could play before the day started. I also had a huge garden, which I played in constantly and would get shouted at for "rolling in the grass", because I smelt like cat piss, even though we never had a cat.

I was so obssesed with it that I would try to skip my school lunch, so they kept an eye on me. I began asking for basically nothing, would wolf it down after 5 mintues, then ask to go. The teacher (Mrs Sawyer...bitch) wouldn't let me go as she said I had to eat something, so she made me sit down for another 10 minutes, and as I was so desperate to play I'd end up crying.

I'd also start fights because I took lunch time footy far too seriously, so I was sent to the bench for anything from 5 to 20 minutes, which would also make me cry.

Anyway after I was forced to stop playing for a few years, I got back but was never the same. The damn injury ruined my potential career :(

When I played for my team pre injury I picked up the supporters POTY (i.e parents), managers player of the year twice, and players POTY 3 times. I was captain of my school team, and would have been captain of the local team as the original captain lost the armband, and the manager said he was going to test to of us. Him in the 1st half, me in the 2nd. In the 1st half I had a shocker, and cost us two goals. Completely bottled it because I was so nervous. The manager "forgot" to give me the armband for the 2nd half so I was reduced to being vice-captain from then on.

There's my incredibly influential and inspiring story. You can put those tissues away now, especially you jasper, as I know you're the emotional type.

milan88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, De Rosario, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Inzaghi, Bonera, Montolivo, Rooney, Kaka
Kaka and De Rosario

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

So would you have joined City? And would you have continued supporting United Balotelli-style?

@M84 - Always thought you were a Ronaldo fan who got converted to a Milan fan after he joined us (Probably because of your Ronaldo avatar and the time when you joined). You had a Pirlo past too eh?

Schedule