Vincenzo Montella Thread

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What do you think about trying Seedorf again, at least for the rest of the season?

I really liked his ideas and our performance under him and if I remember correctly, we were in top 3 by points in second half of the season (under him). A lot of improvement, without any transfers.

Two added benefits would be : 1) Having a legendary (club and world) player, which is always motivational... 2) motivational and performance boost usually seen when having a new coach and some new ideas

I can't really see a better and realistic option considering the timing and budget

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
What do you think about trying Seedorf again, at least for the rest of the season?

I really liked his ideas and our performance under him and if I remember correctly, we were in top 3 by points in second half of the season (under him). A lot of improvement, without any transfers.

Two added benefits would be : 1) Having a legendary (club and world) player, which is always motivational... 2) motivational and performance boost usually seen when having a new coach and some new ideas

I can't really see a better and realistic option considering the timing and budget

nah only wait for Cartelo, Simeone, Conte or Sarri
sack him right now for another caretaker only makes thing more complicated

Vik

Passionate Anime Hater
Reaction score
Seedorf brought good results but alienated both the management and the players, and he's not the most popular with the fans either

unless he's learned how to handle people, you don't really want a coach who's hated/disliked by everyone

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Seedorf brought good results but alienated both the management and the players, and he's not the most popular with the fans either

unless he's learned how to handle people, you don't really want a coach who's hated/disliked by everyone

Well, both management and players were shit back then, so I don't think he was the problem. Berlusconi turned against any coach who refused his 4-3-1-2 bulshit

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

No thanks ron. Our next coach should one of the top 10 best

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
the 3-4-2-1 in the second half last night was our best performance this season, and against top competition.
I said it all along we should definitely try this, suits our players the best I think

First we need to play with a real striker, who can win us some long balls - Kalinic or Cutrone, I like them both.
Kalinic is more link up oriented and experienced. Cutrone has better of the ball runs.

Id play one of Suso/Silva behind the striker, a type of player who can score goals from nothing, an execution type of player.
Suso clearly better for now and fits the role better than the second striker position. Silva still has high potential.
They both can make runs and would help bring the ball forward and on counters

And the second attacking midfielder should be one that can set up plays when teams are sitting deep. Hakan or Jack.

Defensively the players seem to be the right ones, should find a way to make them defend better as a unit.
For example against Inter 3 players were marking only Icardi, and when Inter players from midfield were charging in the penalty area, they were scrambing between them on who should get were, and that;s why they lost Icardi a couple of times. Vecino had some incerdibly open situations also.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Pep - ZiGoat - Seedorf

Should guarantee us " UCLs within 3 seasons.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Vincenzo Montella admits “I still have to figure out which socks go with which trousers” in his Milan team.

Montella’s position was plunged into further doubt after Milan’s 3-2 defeat to Inter in the Derby della Madonnina last weekend, but the Coach insisted his side “deserved at least two draws” from their last two losses and “didn’t see” much difference between them and their arch-rivals.

“Post-derby? I’m convinced, through these experiences and defeats, that I’m finding the right team, the right path,” he began at a Press conference for Tuesday’s Europa League match against AEK Athens.

“We’re improving. In our last two games, we deserved at least two draws and they would’ve made us talk about different things, but it’s not the case and we need to be more ruthless.

“AEK? We want to win the group, we want to finish first in the table, so tomorrow’s game will count for a lot, also for morale.

“They’re a dynamic team, they can play with a back three or four and have lots of quick players, so we’ll have to be careful and play our own game.

“3-5-2? We overhauled our wardrobe in the transfer market. I have a nice wardrobe now, but I still have to figure out which socks go with which trousers. We still have to grow.

“Midfield? We’re all talking about Sunday’s exciting second half, but in the first half, Inter only had one shot on target like ourselves.

“I didn’t see all this supposed difference, I can’t expect us to be at our best for 95 minutes against certain opponents, but we’ll get there.

“Cutrone? He’s grown a lot recently. After a bit of difficulty last season, he’s shown a lot more ‘anger’ this time around. He’s given the club and I great satisfaction. He was our bet.

“Europa League? It means a lot to me. Milan’s home is Europe. After that, we all want more consistency in the League, but we’re coming.

“Defence? It’s true, we have to improve and concede less as we’ve conceded too many goals.”

Socks and trousers problems.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Vincenzo Montella admits “I still have to figure out which socks go with which trousers” in his Milan team.

k
DC6NyrxXcAEYFu3.jpg:small

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini

LOL .. When I first read that article I was imagine about he is trying to mix match in between trousers and short pants with shirt .. then Bang 💥 You showed up with Montella's picture featuring unbelievable outfits .. but still fancy though :D

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Time to go for me.

We were clueless to tonight and I don't think I can stomach another Milan game under Montella.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I can't take it anymore

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Bacca played very decently under Miha, suddenly became amateur striker after montella became milan's coach, same for Niang.

Bonucci played like a boss for jube, and turn out to be completely dogshit after moved to montella's team, same for hakan, kessie etc...

giphy.gif

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
dude...you can't even get the team to perform against AEK...hopeless.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
can't motivate the squad enough to play with confidence against a team that gave livaja nr10 :head:

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini

Well he is living in Milan these days ;)
I like seedorf. If we're gonna be going for a caretaker coach then it's either Sousa or him for me

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali

Montella’s position was plunged into further doubt after Milan’s 3-2 defeat to Inter in the Derby della Madonnina last weekend, but the Coach insisted his side “deserved at least two draws” from their last two losses and “didn’t see” much difference between them and their arch-rivals.

“Post-derby? I’m convinced, through these experiences and defeats, that I’m finding the right team, the right path,” he began at a Press conference for Tuesday’s Europa League match against AEK Athens.

“We’re improving. In our last two games, we deserved at least two draws and they would’ve made us talk about different things, but it’s not the case and we need to be more ruthless.

“AEK? We want to win the group, we want to finish first in the table, so tomorrow’s game will count for a lot, also for morale.

“They’re a dynamic team, they can play with a back three or four and have lots of quick players, so we’ll have to be careful and play our own game.

“3-5-2? We overhauled our wardrobe in the transfer market. I have a nice wardrobe now, but I still have to figure out which socks go with which trousers. We still have to grow.

“Midfield? We’re all talking about Sunday’s exciting second half, but in the first half, Inter only had one shot on target like ourselves.

“I didn’t see all this supposed difference, I can’t expect us to be at our best for 95 minutes against certain opponents, but we’ll get there.

“Cutrone? He’s grown a lot recently. After a bit of difficulty last season, he’s shown a lot more ‘anger’ this time around. He’s given the club and I great satisfaction. He was our bet.

“Europa League? It means a lot to me. Milan’s home is Europe. After that, we all want more consistency in the League, but we’re coming.

“Defence? It’s true, we have to improve and concede less as we’ve conceded too many goals.”

Socks and trousers problems.

Such trash statements by Montella here. Why are you saying Milan deserved at least draws? You are supposed to win the game not get draws. That socks are trousers crap is lame too. He really must have thought sat and thought that up:lol:. Maybe the problem is that the team needs time to gel. Problem is, if it takes a while you still can not let the top 4 slip away. Making the Champions League is a must.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
.. and people saying we still have to give him another shot ?
I won't saying anything such as technical mistakes that he made .. simply put in one sentence : he doesn't BIG enough to handle BIG team. Period.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reminds me of Allegri's last season

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reminds me of when every single manager was criticised then the next one was just as bad

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
probably because they keep hiring inexperienced/average managers

it's not like they hired talented managers that flopped.

example:

Cesare Prandelli and Paulo Sousa are the first names that could potentially replace Montella in case he is sacked [@ManuBaio].

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Reminds me of when every single manager was criticised then the next one was just as bad

Seedorf wasn't actually bad....he just made too many enemies. Montolivo is a cancer

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
.. and people saying we still have to give him another shot ?
I won't saying anything such as technical mistakes that he made .. simply put in one sentence : he doesn't BIG enough to handle BIG team. Period.
Are Prandelli or Sousa BIG enough?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk