The Cricket Thread

Who's the player of the decade?

• Total voters

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
^^ Lol!

Line and length, that is all McGrath had. No imagination at all. Shane Warne? he openely admits to Abdul Qadir being is cricketing (spin) father.

Wasim had 6 different deliveries for his over... and Ask Graeme Hick if anyone cud pick Waqar's late swing. Add to that Shoaib Akhtar

Those 3 wud go through any team like a blowlamp through butter... including Aus!

We had batsmens - We had our own Brian Lara in Saeed Anwar. Mohd. Yousuf, Inzi, Javed Miandad

And fuck Marvel's Capt - You shud checkout who is Pak's Cricket Captain

A score of 280 and I wud fancy us against a true World XI let alone any one nation

Lol nha. We had way better all rounders. Just a freak team. You cant compare. Pakistan has lost far too many times to us in important games. You had above average batsmen. Nothing special honestly. Bowling is pakistan's advantage. Problem is, australia are just too good mate. Our depth in attack and capable all rounders are unparalleled. Not a chance. We had an indomitable fighting spirit. Never say die attitude. We are not losing any WC final in our prime. Your batsmen are good but just not quite as good as the players we had at our disposal.
We doninated for 8 years.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Lol nha. We had way better all rounders. Just a freak team. You cant compare. Pakistan has lost far too many times to us in important games. You had above average batsmen. Nothing special honestly. Bowling is pakistan's advantage. Problem is, australia are just too good mate. Our depth in attack and capable all rounders are unparalleled. Not a chance. We had an indomitable fighting spirit. Never say die attitude. We are not losing any WC final in our prime. Your batsmen are good but just not quite as good as the players we had at our disposal.
We doninated for 8 years.

Wot sickened me the most was that WC final in England. We battered each team en route to the final (except Bangladesh, we lost to them to earn sum extra money) in which we made just over a 100? 132? A shitty score like that.

We kept on losing in major games bc the team were degenerate gamblers.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Prime india vs prime pakistan. Thats the real question? Who wins ? Prime india is like what 2007-2011? 2003 team that lost to us was a good team too. They beat pakistan iirc.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Australia
Pak/india
South africa
England
In that order.
would be my pick for the greatest teans ever in cricket. Excluded west indies cause they are a joke now.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Australia
Pak/india
South africa
England
In that order.
would be my pick for the greatest teans ever in cricket. Excluded west indies cause they are a joke now.

Where the duck are West Indies? India were too shit scared to play Pak in Pak's prime... their government wudnt allow it, they used to get beat all the time.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I heard a diffferent story regarding this matter. I spoke to fans of both nations. India beats pakistan in almost every important game barring the champions trophy last time round. Half the victories pakistan had appears to be in a rigged sharjah stadium. I have read some material about sharjah but i dont recall much regarding the scandalous activites. Not my opinion though. I think until 1999/2000 pakistan were better than india in tests. Odi was always a tossup especially in important games. Since 2000 india have the upper hand i believe overall in all formats. Pakistan have never truly replaced waqar and wasim unfortunately.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are loads of different stories.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
1. 80s Windies
2. 90s-00s Aussies

These two spots are untouchable on the GOAT team list. Then you can pick and choose from your favourites.

India imo are held back by their average bowling attack, and Sachin's prime (90s) being wasted surrounded by utter trash like Sanjay Mandrekar.

South Africa are chokers, despite playing the most attractive cricket

England always had good-great teams, but nothing outstanding imo (maybe Vaughan era is the best)

Pakistan and their pathetic record vs India. Imran Khan 1992 is their best.

Sri Lanka had their best era overshadowed by Aussies.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
For Indians its always Amitabh Bachchan and Sachin Tendulkar.

India's best batsman has always been Sunil Gavaskar.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I always like Ganguly and 'The Wall' was great

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes ganguly's indian test team was a great team. Possibly second only to the golden aussies at the time. Pakistan were amazing too but inconsistent.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Prime india vs prime pakistan. Thats the real question? Who wins ? Prime india is like what 2007-2011? 2003 team that lost to us was a good team too. They beat pakistan iirc.

I think it boils down to who fixed better.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
We had batsmens - We had our own Brian Lara in Saeed Anwar. Mohd. Yousuf, Inzi, Javed Miandad

And fuck Marvel's Capt - You shud checkout who is Pak's Cricket Captain

A score of 280 and I wud fancy us against a true World XI let alone any one nation

:star::star::star::star::star:

Even last years Final... it wasn't exactly a top tier attack. But Amir alone can do the damage. Now throw in the 2 W's.

All about location tbh. If it's in India then it's 50/50. Don't follow cricket too closely. But is india still the only country where they dont use DRS for their home games ??? Wonder why eh :fp:

But i'd fancy PK in any other country... They can do both parts of the game... where as the indians struggle to find quality bowlers. Plus outside of the subcontinent their batsmen usually bottle it.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:star::star::star::star::star:

Even last years Final... it wasn't exactly a top tier attack. But Amir alone can do the damage. Now throw in the 2 W's.

All about location tbh. If it's in India then it's 50/50. Don't follow cricket too closely. But is india still the only country where they dont use DRS for their home games ??? Wonder why eh :fp:

But i'd fancy PK in any other country... They can do both parts of the game... where as the indians struggle to find quality bowlers. Plus outside of the subcontinent their batsmen usually bottle it.

Pakistan have never beaten india in rhe world cup though. In like 7 attempts. Most of them were away from home. Infact pakistan is better in subcontinent. India has a better record against them away from subcontinent. If its a one off game or an important clash in odi, i think india wins majority. If its a series in say subcontinent, pakistam wins imo.
Althought tbf both teama have fixed games before. Pak with amir overstepping etc. India in 1996 against sri lanka.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Pak has never won in world cups against India because they are the better fixers at the highest level. Nothing to India’s credit.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We all cheat lol. Except south africa and england?

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pakistan have never beaten india in rhe world cup though. In like 7 attempts. Most of them were away from home. Infact pakistan is better in subcontinent. India has a better record against them away from subcontinent. If its a one off game or an important clash in odi, i think india wins majority. If its a series in say subcontinent, pakistam wins imo.
Althought tbf both teama have fixed games before. Pak with amir overstepping etc. India in 1996 against sri lanka.

Germany have never beaten italy in world cups either...... Doesn't mean anything in a one off game. And like I said... PK bowling is on another level. Apart from Zaheer Khan I can't think of a single bowler who's impressed me from there lot.

Lol at that 96 tie vs sri Lanka ... That was beautiful. They thought they'd won it after the 1st over :lol::lol::lol:

Strange tho how rest of the world embraced drs but not them :proud:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Germany have never beaten italy in world cups either...... Doesn't mean anything in a one off game. And like I said... PK bowling is on another level. Apart from Zaheer Khan I can't think of a single bowler who's impressed me from there lot.

Lol at that 96 tie vs sri Lanka ... That was beautiful. They thought they'd won it after the 1st over :lol::lol::lol:

Strange tho how rest of the world embraced drs but not them :proud:

I am not picking sides. Its a tough one. India have better batting personnel. Pak have better bowling. Ofcourse it means something lmao. Wtf. If you cant beat a team in a particular format then there is something wrong with your team. Its not a league. Its like chanpions league. Anyway i digress. Either side could win. I like pakistan but after 2000 they have let me down a lot. They have quality but their cricketing board is corrupt i feel. Pakistan, india are both corrupt. Bangladesh is improving at a fast pace. So is afghanistan. You guys better watchout. Bangladesh may overtake both nations :lol:. They got a nice bunch of bowlers now. Taskin, rubel and murtazah.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

Weird spinner Mushtaq Ahmed.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
AB De Villiers retires from all forms of international cricket. Absolutely gutted, my favorite cricketer of the past 10 years, this is what playing for RCB does that god damn cursed franchise :cry:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
didn't know him but i like his style

u03F53s.gif

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players