The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 18-08-2019, 18:22   #1
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho
Default Week 1: Udinese - Milan 25/08/19 18:00 CET

This is under seven days away, let's start talking about it.

Rumoured line-up:

Donnarumma
Calabria - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez
Borini - Biglia - Calhanoglu
Suso
Castillejo - Piatek

This is the first competitive game of Giampaolo's Milan career, and expectations are high for this season. Krunic, Hernandez, Bennacer, Leao and Duarte are new signings but none are rumoured to start because Giampaolo demands loyalty to his system and movements and the guys who've only just returned from vacation are unfamiliar with exactly what he asks of them. The same goes for presupposed starters Paqueta and Kessie.

The transfer window closes in two weeks and we have several players rumoured out, with Correa the main player rumoured in. At the time of writing this no hard developments have occurred on this front, and it's likely that what we currently have is what to drum up excitement for on game day.

Personally I'm extremely underwhelmed at seeing this first XI, and it feels like a B team of sorts. Nonetheless my expectations of PLAY are huge, and as long as Piatek can shake his pre-season issues and start scoring we should be well in line for three points.

Haven't been this excited for a season for many years, but looking at that rumoured first XI it feels like nothing has changed. Hopefully Giampaolo's tactical prowess and attention to detail can finally result in our expectations being met and for him to serve as our coach for many seasons.

Forza Milan!
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 19:10   #2
ForzaACM
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo

We must start with a win.

Udine away will be a good first test for the team but we need to get all 3pts.
ForzaACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 19:11   #3
ForzaACM
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo

Gigio
Calabria Duarte Romagnoli RR
Kessie Bennacer Paqueta
Suso
Leao Pistolero
Old 18-08-2019, 19:32   #4
Pingu
Maldoban

Imagine doubting a win here when Hitchens opened the thread.

Signature
Pingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 19:40   #5
mato
World Cup Winner

We must win this, but with Borinho in mid 3... who are we kidding?
mato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 19:51   #6
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
Imagine doubting a win here when Hitchens opened the thread.

Can't remember if that's still a perfect stat but let's hope it will be this season
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 20:23   #7
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Aquilani.Current AC - Caldara, Jack, Romagnoli.

I love the sound of the word "presupposed"

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 20:56   #8
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

We have had the most important but most disrupted pre season in a decade

Most important because for the first time in a decade we are seeing a clear STYLE and identity of play. (i.e you saw vs manchester united and bits vs benfica in the first half).

Most disrupted as we havent secured all our targets in the market yet and we have players not fully ready in our squad, i,e benacer, kessie, paqueta, leo, krunic

Im happy with our first 11. Not happy with the team but happy we arent risking key players who are only at 60 percent. RnB members be wanting paqueta and leo to start whilst not fully fit but then be cursing milan-lab when we get injuries.

Very excited for this season- but think this game is very hard to win, I consider udinese as favourites when you consider the line ups. Ill take a draw, but if we snatch a win it will be incredible. I fully expect us to win our next 2 games vs newly promoted teams, as I think paqueta, kessie and leo will be in the line up then. Shame we couldnt play brescia at home next week, then udinese the week after!
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 21:24   #9
Fusiproe12
Livello 70

Udinese - Sudtirol 3-1
Fusiproe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 21:42   #10
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli.

I think Kessie will start

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 21:46   #11
fray
Casciavit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusiproe12 View Post
Udinese - Sudtirol 3-1
Should be a sign that we will score at least one.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 22:38   #12
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

If borini starts......
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 23:00   #13
Fusiproe12
Livello 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
Should be a sign that we will score at least one.
At least 2 if Sudtirol scored one

Signature
Fusiproe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 23:42   #14
ForzaACM
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
If borini starts......
don't be surprised
Old 19-08-2019, 01:14   #15
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

Sudtirol LUL Udinese LUL relegation contenders pieces of shit. Play to not concede and all that Italian football bullshit.

It will be a hard-fought away win.

Forza Milan!

Signature

I see it. I like it. I save it. I post it.
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 04:13   #16
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
If borini starts......
Giampaolo already said that the players he used against Cesena are the ones that give him more guarantees. I might disagree but he has trained them the longest.

I assume that Udinese are going to play like Cesena did but at least there are going to be quite a few more yellow cards since against Cesena the referee was in "friendly" mode.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 04:19   #17
doraemon
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka

Please positive energy only in this thread. Dont need negativity for our first week

doraemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 08:25   #18
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

3 points or seppuku

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 09:13   #19
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
We have had the most important but most disrupted pre season in a decade

Most important because for the first time in a decade we are seeing a clear STYLE and identity of play. (i.e you saw vs manchester united and bits vs benfica in the first half).

Most disrupted as we havent secured all our targets in the market yet and we have players not fully ready in our squad, i,e benacer, kessie, paqueta, leo, krunic

Im happy with our first 11. Not happy with the team but happy we arent risking key players who are only at 60 percent. RnB members be wanting paqueta and leo to start whilst not fully fit but then be cursing milan-lab when we get injuries.

Very excited for this season- but think this game is very hard to win, I consider udinese as favourites when you consider the line ups. Ill take a draw, but if we snatch a win it will be incredible. I fully expect us to win our next 2 games vs newly promoted teams, as I think paqueta, kessie and leo will be in the line up then. Shame we couldnt play brescia at home next week, then udinese the week after!
Compliments, dcfc, on a very good post. I think you've summarized it well - the disputed pre-season, and the evolution of an identity etc.

I personally thought our pre-season was productive. It's not easy to evolve a complex identity so quickly after playing in a largely identity-less fashion for a few years. The identity was evident against Cesena, Feronikeli and Man Utd.

I don't think this pre-season had any other purpose for us.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 09:15   #20
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I expect the midfield starters to be Hakan-Biglia-Borini as well, with Paqueta probably the closest to a starting position between the other midfielders, based on Giampaolo's friendly experiments.

I just hope Leao starts in attack instead of Castillejo. Even though he's raw, he's still better than our Samu.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote