The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 26-08-2011, 01:06   #81
tonyb
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola

Abs
Abate Nesta TS Zambrotta
Ambrosini Van Bommel Seedorf
Binho
Pato Ibra

I know the midfield seems old but really they are all smart players. Boateng is not so strong defensively, he doesn't read the game like the veterans. They know how to defend and I can trust Seedorf to choose when to attack and defend. Maybe Boateng in Binho's place, although even Cassano there, wouldn't be too bad..if he's really really motivated. Hoof it to Cassano and expect a good pass to Pato
I think we can soak up their pressure with Allegri really working on the defense from now till then.
This is the perfect group for us, it's a test for a developing team and manager. I'm excited for this challenge and believe we can win even at their stadium. They have weaknesses. We have a strong partnership at the back and Van Bommel and Ambrosini have valuable experience in these situations. Pato is too quick for both defenders too, we just need to give him good delivery.

Signature
"You Hate ME!?!?

tonyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:12   #82
Tha_Red_Side
Rookie

Awesome draw btw two easy teams and playing Barcelona will really give us an indication on where we are at.

I really think Milan should revert back to:

---------------Abbiati---------------

---------------Nesta-----------------

--Abate----Silva-----Yepes----Zamb

----------Van Bommel--Boateng------

------------Seedorf/Aquilani-----------

----------Ibra-------------Pato-------

I know it looks unusual but:
-Van Bommel is going to struggle to hold the best midfield ever on his own.
-A sweeper would kill off their "false 9" tactics
-Yepes has already dominated Messi this year and will definitely do it again.
-When Pirlo was out we had success using TS and Sandro as ballplaying CB's, TS can take that on his own seeing that they'll probably dominate possession.
-Ambro on for MVB, Aqua or Cassano for Seedorf and Inzaghi for Pato to win the game
-Even if we are weakened out wide with Taiwo out our strong centre would stop them from threatening the goals too much.
-Ibra has a huge point to prove. Ballon d'or now or never
-No-one had tried it against Barca before so why not
Tha_Red_Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:14   #83
JohnnyWunderboy
Hentai Lover

Fav. Players: Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan1st View Post
wow, been reading a cataunyan barca forum

.. it seems they have huge respect for us, and they fear us.
I think you take the things you read on forums too seriously...
They really should have no reason to fear us.

Signature
JohnnyWunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:19   #84
tonyb
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Red_Side View Post
Awesome draw btw two easy teams and playing Barcelona will really give us an indication on where we are at.

I really think Milan should revert back to:

---------------Abbiati---------------

---------------Nesta-----------------

--Abate----Silva-----Yepes----Zamb

----------Van Bommel--Boateng------

------------Seedorf/Aquilani-----------

----------Ibra-------------Pato-------

I know it looks unusual but:
-Van Bommel is going to struggle to hold the best midfield ever on his own.
-A sweeper would kill off their "false 9" tactics
-Yepes has already dominated Messi this year and will definitely do it again.
-When Pirlo was out we had success using TS and Sandro as ballplaying CB's, TS can take that on his own seeing that they'll probably dominate possession.
-Ambro on for MVB, Aqua or Cassano for Seedorf and Inzaghi for Pato to win the game
-Even if we are weakened out wide with Taiwo out our strong centre would stop them from threatening the goals too much.
-Ibra has a huge point to prove. Ballon d'or now or never
-No-one had tried it against Barca before so why not
I was thinking about the possibility of 5 at the back too. It could work. If we did it, I'd play Seedorf next to Van Bommel though and Aquilani more advanced. Seedorf is reliable defensively. I just don't think Boateng has developed enough to be that useful in a game like this. Even though he's one of my favourite players. Seedorf is better defensively than Boateng and will be able to distribute the ball quicker. Aquilani has the vision to pick out the strikers too. We'll attack with four players, defend in 6 and Seedorf +Aquilani when need be.

Also, am I crazy for celebrating getting Barca? I wanted to avoid difficult 3rd/4th seed teams and I got that. I think its perfect.

Signature
"You Hate ME!?!?

Old 26-08-2011, 01:20   #85
AC_Wesley
¡YA BASTA!

Fav. Players: Antoine Griezmann, Andres Iniesta, Isco

-------------------Abbiati
-------Nesta-------Silva--------Yepes
Abate--Aquilani--Seedorf--Prince---Zambrotta
----------------------------------------------------
-------------------Inzaghi

fuck it

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:22   #86
AC_Milan_Fan
Rookie

you mean as long as we dont put pippo in against them! remember that golazo he scored against them last time we met?

joking aside, i think that you are right. i dont think that they fear anyone to be honest.

on the flip side, i dont think that we need to fear them either. respect them, yes, but not so much that it hinders our play against them. gattuso does this very well. lol
AC_Milan_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:22   #87
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
the only problem i see is ibra being too isolated. COnsidering we don't have KAka... really any of our forwards will slot in nicely there.

I don't get why people say it's lightweight defensively. Seedorf (when fit) is good defensively. Aquilani does his job, Prince can play everywhere. MVB is MVB. I like it
Yeah , Robi or Cass can play if Kaka didnt.
And yeah , it will be solid defensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
Abs
Abate Nesta TS Zambrotta
Ambrosini Van Bommel Seedorf
Binho
Pato Ibra
Playing three forwards wont work.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:27   #88
tonyb
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWunderboy View Post
I think you take the things you read on forums too seriously...
They really should have no reason to fear us.
Yes they do.
We have Ibrahimovic. One of the most talented footballers right now. On his day, he can be deadly. Pato is a great finisher and his pace will test them. Thiago Silva is currently the best centre back in the world. They've not come up against a strike partnership as strong as ours. Real Madrid included. Seedorf is still a genius on his day, in games like this especially. Its in our DNA to deal with situations like this.

Wild 3 forwards will work with that lineup. Seedorf, Ambrosini and Van Bommel with our defense is strong defensively.

Signature
"You Hate ME!?!?

Old 26-08-2011, 01:32   #89
Dark Knight
Maestro

Fav. Players: Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
-------------------Abbiati
-------Nesta-------Silva--------Yepes
Abate--Aquilani--Seedorf--Prince---Zambrotta
----------------------------------------------------
-------------------Inzaghi

fuck it
You are so confident u just want 10 players not even 11 .. or is it that you are preparing for the inevitable 1 red card coming our way per encounter
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:40   #90
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
Wild 3 forwards will work with that lineup. Seedorf, Ambrosini and Van Bommel with our defense is strong defensively.
tonyb it wont work.
Our three forwards will get isolated by a semi solid midfield.
And dont get me started about the potential of Seedorf-Ambro-VanB.
They will ran out of ideas come the first 5 minutes.
This is a midfield for upholding a defensive formation so its not compatible with a three forwards formation.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:43   #91
AC_Wesley
¡YA BASTA!

Fav. Players: Antoine Griezmann, Andres Iniesta, Isco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
You are so confident u just want 10 players not even 11 .. or is it that you are preparing for the inevitable 1 red card coming our way per encounter
naaa, i fucked up

ibra/cassano next to pippo and we'll triumph

dont get me wrong, lots of respect 4 barca. but this milan will win. undoubtedly

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:49   #92
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato

Ok Abs in goal is a given.

Abate-Nesta-Silva-Zambro

that is the best defense we can play. they have played a ton of matches together and have a great deal of trust in each other. Zambro played for them so he knows a lot about their players and their habits.

Aquilani--van Bommel--Seedorf
-------------Prince----------------

van Bommel has to start, he is like having an extra CB in front of the defense. Very smart player and is a solid passer. Dorf has boatloads of experience and always raises his level of play in the CL (plus he would wear the armband in this game ) Aquilani is an excellent passer and is an underrated defender. He would be super helpful in keeping possession and he plays an excellent killer pass. Prince adds a lot of energy and will be very helpful in disrupting Bartha's passing. he should be able to interchange really well with Aquilani.

Pato------Ibra

Pato makes great runs and should be able to put himself into scoring positions. Ibra's size, hatred of Pep, and passing ability makes him very valuable in this game. He should be able to batter into Bartha's defense and open up space for Pato to make runs into the box.

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 01:51   #93
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

Playing Van Bommel, Seedorf, and Ambrosini together IMO is asking to get overun.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 02:38   #94
Sage
Phase 3

Abate Nesta Yepes Thiago Silva Taiwo

Ambrosini MVB Seedorf

Pato Ibra.

Long ball the fuck out of them.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 02:46   #95
milanpalermo23
#IBelieve

Fav. Players: Zlatan, Balotelli, Verratti

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
Ok Abs in goal is a given.

Abate-Nesta-Silva-Zambro

that is the best defense we can play. they have played a ton of matches together and have a great deal of trust in each other. Zambro played for them so he knows a lot about their players and their habits.

Aquilani--van Bommel--Seedorf
-------------Prince----------------

van Bommel has to start, he is like having an extra CB in front of the defense. Very smart player and is a solid passer. Dorf has boatloads of experience and always raises his level of play in the CL (plus he would wear the armband in this game ) Aquilani is an excellent passer and is an underrated defender. He would be super helpful in keeping possession and he plays an excellent killer pass. Prince adds a lot of energy and will be very helpful in disrupting Bartha's passing. he should be able to interchange really well with Aquilani.

Pato------Ibra

Pato makes great runs and should be able to put himself into scoring positions. Ibra's size, hatred of Pep, and passing ability makes him very valuable in this game. He should be able to batter into Bartha's defense and open up space for Pato to make runs into the box.
Very good post

But in the end what you are saying is to play our regular starting XI except for Taiwo?
milanpalermo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 02:53   #96
Sven
Super Moderator

----------------Abbiati
Abate-----Nesta-------Silva------Taiwo
Gattuso---Ambro---Van Bommel---Flamini
---------Boateng-----------------
-------------------Ibra

After we got the third red card, put Robinho or Pato to run on counters through Barça injured defenders.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 03:11   #97
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILANpalermo23 View Post
Very good post

But in the end what you are saying is to play our regular starting XI except for Taiwo?
Taiwo is still out injured, but I think that Zambro's experience and his he has played a lot of games with the rest of the defense it makes him safer

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 04:01   #98
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILANpalermo23 View Post
Very good post

i agree with him though, i think it matches up well with bartha because bartha don't overpower you or out run you, they out think you, they are smarter than you.

our team if nothing, is intelligence.

I think teams like mourinho's madrid more or man utd match up is worse. Teams who's tempo and pace and physically will eventually just overtake.

That said doesn't mean barca is a walk in park. All it takes is 1 poor pass, and they will get a good shot on goal.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 04:06   #99
Sage
Phase 3

Zambrotta is going to be our weakest link, and watch dani alves and pedro/sanchez destroy him, unfortunately a 35 year old seedorf as cover isn't going to help.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 04:10   #100
Patri
Kallappam-pothu

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso

We NEED Ibra's power, skill, set piece presence and creativity in this game with no small dose of his hate for Pep and Barcelona.
We NEED Pato, as his pace on counters is our best bet at opening them up from open play (ManU vs Barca in pre season?).
We NEED Van Bommel. That is a no brainer.
The defense is sorted. It''ll be Nesta, Silva, Abate and Zambro now that TT is out for this one.
The Goalkeeper will be Abiatti.
The other three spots in midfield/attack is where Allegri decides how we play this game. I'm confident that he has it in him to bring out the best in the team. And we'll have a super strong bench of attackers anyway, so I think that Allegri being a fan of solid teams the way that he is, would have us playing with four midfielders, and it'll all depend on who we have by the end of the transfer market, form, fitness and most importantly tactics. Robinho/Cassano/Inzaghi are some of the best players to bring on as substitutes when the opponents are tired, and they could all then do wonders for us. We have a good chance, I say..

Signature
Signature
Patri is offline   Reply With Quote