Guinness International Champions Cup 2014 (Jul. 24 - Aug. 4)

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Screen-Shot-2014-02-20-at-11.46.37-AM.png

MILAN SET FOR GUINNESS CHAMPIONS CUP 2014

AC Milan will be back in pre-season on 9 July when they the players gather at Milanello for their tests and then the next day, 10 July the squad will be presented at Casa Milan before they begin their preparations for the new season.

Milan will take part in the Guinness International Champions Cup 2014 from July 24. Here are the fixtures:

THURSDAY, 24 JULY: Olympiacos-Milan, Toronto, 20.00 (local time) at BMO Field.

SUNDAY 27 JULY: Milan-Manchester City, Pittsburg, 16.00 (local time) at HEINZ Field

SATURDAY 2 AUGUST: Milan-Liverpool, Charlotte, 18.30 (local time) BANK of AMERICA stadium.

The final will be played on 4 August in Miami 20.00 (local time) at the Sun Life Stadium.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/152989

Tournament full schedule
http://internationalchampionscup.com/schedule/sch/

In the summer of 2013, Relevent Sports revolutionized the international soccer landscape by organizing the inaugural Guinness International Champions Cup, an innovative transformation of the traditional European club preseason tours into a competitive tournament.
The inaugural edition featured eight top clubs - Real Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea, Inter Milan, A.C. Milan, Valencia, Everton and the L.A. Galaxy – and culminated with a spectacular final in Miami won by Real Madrid over Chelsea (3-1) in front of nearly 70,000 fans.
While the inaugural edition was played in six U.S. cities and one European city, 2014 will be played in a total of 12 cities and 13 stadiums across the United States and Canada.
This year’s format will consist of two groups of four in a round-robin format. Each team will play a total of three matches in group play and the two group leaders will face off on August 4 in the final at Sun Life Stadium in Miami.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
This is something to look forward to, I guess.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
I am disheartened that the match was moved from NYC to Toronto, which means that I'll only be able to go to one of these matches.

Don't know who will be traveling with the squad, but I hope to see at least some of the first team regulars in action.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
No EL qualification round, Italy early exit from WC. This is great! Galliani must be laughing from his sleep! :lol:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
I am disheartened that the match was moved from NYC to Toronto, which means that I'll only be able to go to one of these matches.

Don't know who will be traveling with the squad, but I hope to see at least some of the first team regulars in action.

Well it's better than nothing. No Milan's match in the West for me :(

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Well, Honda and the Italians NT players should make it!
You'll also hopefully see SES, Poli, Bryan, Rami... And Agazzi :lol:
Hopefully a few new arrivals too.

-----------

I'm actually looking forward to this. I like these pre season games.
Who am I kidding, I'll probably miss half of them :(

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I would watch this if only Poli and SES are playing, and it looks like they most likely will.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Guys, if Sergio Aguero travels with City, I'll work on kidnapping him in Pittsburgh and just tell people that he's Walter Birsa (assume no one will miss Birsa if he goes missing)

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
hopefully we don't embarrass ourselves

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Well, Honda and the Italians NT players should make it!
You'll also hopefully see SES, Poli, Bryan, Rami... And Agazzi :lol:
Hopefully a few new arrivals too.

-----------

I'm actually looking forward to this. I like these pre season games.
Who am I kidding, I'll probably miss half of them :(

hopefully turbo.

Tdotboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Its about time Toronto gets these games, we have one of the largest Italian population outside of Italy.

I already got my tickets, I've now seen milan in NYC, Boston, Milano and soon Toronto!!! :proud:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Its about time Toronto gets these games, we have one of the largest Italian population outside of Italy.

I already got my tickets, I've now seen milan in NYC, Boston, Milano and soon Toronto!!! :proud:

If it was a Saturday match, I'd have gone to Toronto for the weekend.

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
Most Italian Americans live in NY/NJ/CT... yet they decide to play the games in random places... WTF?

Tdotboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Most Italian Americans live in NY/NJ/CT... yet they decide to play the games in random places... WTF?

yup random places, not sure why. I do know Toronto just signed a deal and we will be getting these games every year now. I went to the milan legend vs benfica game last month and Italy legend vs portuguese legends match next month I'm also going to. Awesome to see all these games here!:proud:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

isn't that where the loud guido italians live :devilpim:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score

Don't forget Philadelphia, which is hosting Roma vs. Inter. Essentially in that 150 mile square is the heart of the Italian community.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
who's all going to the Toronto game? i'd love to, but I don't want to be there alone. would like to go with fellow Rossoneri fans from here! :D

Tdotboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i will be there with 15 ppl. We even made curva sud shirts, since they wont ship to Toronto we made our own. Pretty damn sweet, i will post them once they come in

Pato#1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Ronaldo
I will be there as well, bought tickets already

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
i forgot that i was going to the milan vs man city game

anyone else going?

deadnoob

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
In case anyone missed it - Milan will be playing Chivas on August 6th in Houston. It isn't part of this 'cup' but still in America.

Schedule