The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 19-09-2005, 18:38   #21
Lo Tsar
Banned

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes

Rumours are starting that Stam is to leave us soon. Please let there be smoke with fire just this one time

Channel 4:

Jaap Stam has officially dismissed reports that his time with Milan will soon be coming to an end.

Whispers have suggested that the Dutchman could be set for a return to Holland as a result of the club’s unconvincing defensive displays.

But the former Manchester United and Lazio stopper has rubbished that claim with the briefest of statements.

"I have never thought about leaving Milan," the 33-year-old told the official club website on Monday.

Stam, formerly of PSV Eindhoven, joined the European giants on a free transfer from Lazio in the summer of 2004.

However, his ability has started to be questioned recently given the club’s obvious rearguard fragility.

Many believe that the defence, which hasn’t kept a clean sheet for 11 official games, is getting too old.

Speculation suggested that Stam would be sacrificed in January or June, with Roma’s Cristian Chivu and Dias Felipe of Udinese set to be brought in.

Finally, some recognition of our age problem in the defence and thet Stam is infact piss. Please let the bit about Chivu be true as well
Lo Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2005, 19:20   #22
killiegradge
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Cafu

I ,for one would not be sad to see him leave.I always thought he was over-rated in particular atMan U.Having said that I just got my son the Stam Corinthians figure though I'd happily replace him.if only it were that easy for Milan to get rid of him.
killiegradge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2005, 19:40   #23
MilanLover1899
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
Default Stam is a stupid Dutch peasant !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Tsar
Rumours are starting that Stam is to leave us soon. Please let there be smoke with fire just this one time

Channel 4:

Jaap Stam has officially dismissed reports that his time with Milan will soon be coming to an end.

Whispers have suggested that the Dutchman could be set for a return to Holland as a result of the club’s unconvincing defensive displays.

But the former Manchester United and Lazio stopper has rubbished that claim with the briefest of statements.

"I have never thought about leaving Milan," the 33-year-old told the official club website on Monday.

Stam, formerly of PSV Eindhoven, joined the European giants on a free transfer from Lazio in the summer of 2004.

However, his ability has started to be questioned recently given the club’s obvious rearguard fragility.

Many believe that the defence, which hasn’t kept a clean sheet for 11 official games, is getting too old.

Speculation suggested that Stam would be sacrificed in January or June, with Roma’s Cristian Chivu and Dias Felipe of Udinese set to be brought in.

Finally, some recognition of our age problem in the defence and thet Stam is infact piss. Please let the bit about Chivu be true as well

I will put a ribbon around him when he leaves ... but I'm sad to say that a this stage we need him ... we made the mistake not to invest in our defence during the summer transfermarket.

Lets hope he will recapture his old form so he will be usefull to us
MilanLover1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2005, 14:19   #24
Matmil04
* I still Believe *

Fav. Players: kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho

just now i have read that for the dailynewspaper of "indipendente"he said when his contract end he will return to holland and maybe play for PSV
SOURCE:-www.calciomercato.com
Matmil04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 14:55   #25
Matmil04
* I still Believe *

Fav. Players: kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho

what do you think?

Signature
.................................................. ...........
Milan Milan perchè siamo sempre con te
sei la fede più grande che c'e
dalla curva lassù grideranno di più
perchè in campo ci sei solo tu
.................................................. ............
MILAN!
Matmil04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2005, 20:52   #26
Yuchen Li
58 unbeaten !

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino

I comne from China , in China , most football fans think Stam is the best defender , he is very strong and his heading is very good , don't forget his slide tackle !
Yuchen Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2005, 13:13   #27
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Stam set for summer exit? Tuesday 25 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan stopper Jaap Stam could return to Holland at the end of this season, according to reports.

The 33-year-old is contracted to the Italian giants until June 2007, but a summer switch may be on the horizon.

Stories in the peninsula have already suggested that Stam could ask for a transfer and his agent has admitted that a switch is a possibility.

"Jaap is very happy at Milan and is contracted to the club for another two years," Henk Van Ginkel is quoted as saying.

"However, Stam wants to go back home to Holland so that he can totally dedicate himself to his family.

"Two clubs have already said they are interested in him. We’ll now have to speak to Milan and see what can be done."

It’s understood that PSV Eindhoven, where Stam played between 1996-1998, and Heerenveen are keen on his signature.

The former international joined the San Siro giants in the summer of 2004 for around £7.5m from Lazio.

He started his career at FC Zwolle, but really hit the headlines after three successful years at Manchester United before his August 2001 move to Italy.

Milan are already looking for new defenders to rejuvenate their ageing rearguard.

Udinese’s Dias Felipe, Cristian Chivu of Roma and Paris Saint-Germain’s Mario Yepes have all been associated recently.

source: Channel4.com

So what do you guys think?

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2005, 13:47   #28
milanist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by menon_inc
So what do you guys think?
Stam: 'I have never thought of leaving Milan.'

[Source: ACMilan.com]
milanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2005, 15:59   #29
MaGasTeR
Pride of Yorkshire

Fav. Players: Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini

rumours, rumours, non sense rumours.

Signature
After all that you really do have to ask yourself if it was all worth it... course it fucking was!
MaGasTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2005, 17:33   #30
Anguisette
Coffee Dragon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka

He's not the best defender in the world...he's not the best defender at Milan but we need him for now.
Anguisette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2005, 18:32   #31
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

It's also been reported on yahoo.it http://it.sports.yahoo.com/051025/4/bpel.html, so it could as well be more than a rumor. Pesonally, I wouldn't mind him leaving. Signing a younger defender to replace him would become more of an urgency + priority for Milan which ain't a bad thing

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 02:41   #32
Nesta87
Banned

Default Jaap no more

Stam set for summer exit?
25.10 || webmaster || $source

Source: Football Italia

Milan stopper Jaap Stam could return to Holland at the end of this season, according to reports.

The 33-year-old is contracted to the Italian giants until June 2007, but a summer switch may be on the horizon.

Stories in the peninsula have already suggested that Stam could ask for a transfer and his agent has admitted that a switch is a possibility.

"Jaap is very happy at Milan and is contracted to the club for another two years," Henk Van Ginkel is quoted as saying.

"However, Stam wants to go back home to Holland so that he can totally dedicate himself to his family.

"Two clubs have already said they are interested in him. We’ll now have to speak to Milan and see what can be done."

It’s understood that PSV Eindhoven, where Stam played between 1996-1998, and Heerenveen are keen on his signature.

The former international joined the San Siro giants in the summer of 2004 for around £7.5m from Lazio.

He started his career at FC Zwolle, but really hit the headlines after three successful years at Manchester United before his August 2001 move to Italy.

Milan are already looking for new defenders to rejuvenate their ageing rearguard.

Udinese’s Dias Felipe, Cristian Chivu of Roma and Paris Saint-Germain’s Mario Yepes have all been associated recently.

I think this is a good move, Jaap had been one of my fav players for the past year but i think he and we need to split. I think this means that we are finally heading in the righ direction.
comments?
Nesta87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 05:35   #33
Don Dada
National Team Player

Good for him and us i guess. Now Galliani has a reason to go shopping for a young rear guard. Llike he needed one.

Don Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 06:02   #34
red&black_fever
Dreamer

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dada
Good for him and us i guess. Now Galliani has a reason to go shopping for a young rear guard.
i absolutely agree.
red&black_fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 06:26   #35
milanist
Banned

Stam is fundamental at the moment, he really is performing great. He himself said he has never thought of leaving Milan.
milanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 06:51   #36
ARNOLD RIMMER
Second Technician

Fav. Players: Pippo, DeSciglio

Why do you think there is a Jaap Stam thread in the players section???

I bet it's so you can put all this crap about Stam in there without creating pointless threads

Signature

ARNOLD RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 07:40   #37
Nesta87
Banned

pull your head in mate...this isn't a pointless thread, cock head
Old 26-10-2005, 09:33   #38
Lo Tsar
Banned

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesta87
pull your head in mate...this isn't a pointless thread, cock head
It is when you consider that this has already been discussed in the Stam thread
And I would edit that last phrase if I were you
Lo Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2005, 01:06   #39
Nesta87
Banned

forgive me....head rush
Old 27-10-2005, 01:36   #40
Milanetto
AC Milan Ukraine FanGroup

Fav. Players: Sheva, Kaka, Nesta

Stam is only one of those who sould leave us. Also I don't see any place and chance for Simic and Rui Costa.
But as about Jaap, I wonna say him a great Thanks for playing so good and brave in AC Milan
Milanetto is offline   Reply With Quote