CL round of 16 2nd leg: Barcelona (4) vs AC Milan (0) - 12/3/2013

vanbasten

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If barca lose again against madrid, i trully think we'll win. Our morale is at a season high and theirs will be at a season low

If they lose again, I think they will change tactics for sure. They need need to put Iniesta on the midfield and start with Villa for example upfront with Messi and Pedro/Tello.

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If they lose again, I think they will change tactics for sure. They need need to put Iniesta on the midfield and start with Villa for example upfront with Messi and Pedro/Tello.

Exactly. Don't get too optimistic. Our two goal lead is just the bare minimum for any team that wants to survive Camp Nou, nothing more.

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score
I wish our ultras raise a "Catalonia is Spain" banner in the Camp Nou. Nothing will piss them off more.

Reminds of a bull fight I attended in sevilla some years ago. A group of us were pretty wasted and when the matador got gored we all stored and yelled

OLE TORO. Im surprised we made it out in one piece.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. Don't get too optimistic. Our two goal lead is just the bare minimum for any team that wants to survive Camp Nou, nothing more.

You speak of Camp Nou as though it's like the San Siro in the 80's/90's/mid-2000's

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Considering our history of giving up solid leads (Bordeaux, Deportivo, Liverpool and almost against Arsenal), this tie is far from over. My suggestion is to play cool, manage your expectations and hope for the best.

Otherwise my friends ... it will hurt like a bitch if we fuck up this one too!

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Park that aeroplane

1-Boeing-B-52-Stratofortress.jpeg

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
do u guys think we can beat bayern, man.utd ? i just want to know, do we have a shot, cuz balo cant play and he is our only real world class player apart from SES (who is nearly there) and monty.

vanbasten

Milan Icon
Reaction score
From Milannews:

Barcelona, ​​problems for Xavi and Fabregas

The black moment of Barcelona seems to have no end. After the defeat against AC Milan in the Champions League and Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey, the team of Tito Vilanova runs the risk of losing two key players in the race back with the Rossoneri. It is Xavi and Cesc Fabregas both struggling with physical problems, but deployed the same in the game against rivals Madrid. The Catalan team would not want to force the hand to avoid further problems in the further course of the season. The decision to deploy the two midfielders will be taken only behind the race.

vanbasten

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Exactly. 2-0 at San Siro means 50/50 in the second leg. They will get a penalty for sure too.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
do u guys think we can beat bayern, man.utd ? i just want to know, do we have a shot, cuz balo cant play and he is our only real world class player apart from SES (who is nearly there) and monty.

???
Man Utd is the team I WANTED to face this round.
Overrated as fuck.

Bayern is possibly one of the toughest tests, but if we beat Barca... we can beat anyone. German defense is always suspect

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys are speaking about parking... did you not see how Madrid played?

It was a simpler more defensive, more pure counter attacking game. Barca the dumbshits have ABSOLUTELY NOONE that offers anything different in terms of ball playing and impact. They have no Kevin Prince, they have no Yaya Toure, They have no Montolivo, fuck - they'd be pretty good with a Niang... they play Iniesta on the wing :lol: to cater for a choking Fabregas who just keeps the ball rolling for em with no purpose.

They lack explosiveness. A player that can just be a firecracker and create a hell of a show wherever they are on the pitch. Messi offers a very efficient and effective avenue but he can be non-existent if the team make him be

Their best centreback options just aren't cutting it and quite frankly, I expect a victory. One goal on the counter is all it takes to make them attack with no responsibility

If the team doesn't buckle, they can come out with a clean sheet and 4 goals. As long as the tactically-challenged Roura is there... Milan are the ones with one hell of an advantage

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
ok so man.utd down. yeah i figured most people would agree that bayern would be our hardest match, not as good as barca but still very dangerous. But if we show the same determination like we did vs barca in the first leg, we can beat anyone, provided our forwards dont misfire. After bayern, i would say real if they go through will be our toughest opposition and maybe dortmud who are unpredictable just like us. Dortmud vs milan, player for player i would say dortmud is better since we dont have balo, in saying that i reckon its a hard call, could go either way. Dortmud unlike bayern, can be exploited due to huge amounts of space they leave behind whilst attacking in numbers. Counter attacking style like we did vs jube is the best way to counter their potent attacking threat.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You guys are speaking about parking... did you not see how Madrid played?

It was a simpler more defensive, more pure counter attacking game. Barca the dumbshits have ABSOLUTELY NOONE that offers anything different in terms of ball playing and impact. They have no Kevin Prince, they have no Yaya Toure, They have no Montolivo, fuck - they'd be pretty good with a Niang... they play Iniesta on the wing :lol: to cater for a choking Fabregas who just keeps the ball rolling for em with no purpose.

They lack explosiveness. A player that can just be a firecracker and create a hell of a show wherever they are on the pitch. Messi offers a very efficient and effective avenue but he can be non-existent if the team make him be

Their best centreback options just aren't cutting it and quite frankly, I expect a victory. One goal on the counter is all it takes to make them attack with no responsibility

If the team doesn't buckle, they can come out with a clean sheet and 4 goals. As long as the tactically-challenged Roura is there... Milan are the ones with one hell of an advantage

They have an exploisve player in alexis sanchez but they prefer not to use him and there is tello who is another one of their other pipsqueaks with incredible acceleration. No on is physically strong though,apart from puyi and maybe piqu which is what they lack atm and i think they have a better chance if they manage to integrate both song and mascherano in their lineup.

Majko

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players

*and Boateng, he was absolute beast against Barcelona, even in previous season and you dont count on him?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ok boateng as well lol, but there will be contradicting opinions regarding him. He is not world class imo, he is around marchisio's level, whatever it is. I guess just below world class.

Milanista Ross

Beginner
Reaction score
is it just a hunch, a feeling, or is there logic behind this thought?
Logic and faith. ;)

If Tito doesn't come back in time for the game then (which doesn't look like it will happen) they won't change nothing. Jordi Roura doesn't know what to do in those situations, he does the same subs for past month or so and confidence is at an all time low for barca. Milan's confidence is at the highest point and can only get higher. :cool:

We can beat anyone if they play with the same level of belief and confidence they showed against barca.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
whats posted above, is certainly true. bayern and real are the only teams that scare me.

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Kaka, Maldini, Sheva, Cutrone, Romagnoli
Inter-style!

SES is a way better LB than Eto'o is/was so we'll nail this.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
bayern are solid, the most solid, but milan have always done well against them.. im not afraid of them, only because of tradition and superstition....

i dont even know why we are thinking of that, we will need to be on our very best and barca on their very worst with a lot of luck for us to have a chance of making it.... if we do make it passed them, our season automatically is a success... beating barca's best team in history with our worst team in history is as good as a CL win for me... well for the next couple of years at least..what ever happens after the barca game doesn't concern me, i just hope we have the luck and grit to get a result that qualifies us... unlikely, but all we can do is hope and dream... remember, rossoneri siamo noi so anything is possible...

Morrissey

Primavera
Reaction score
if we do make it passed them, our season automatically is a success... beating barca's best team in history with our worst team in history is as good as a CL win for me... .

Yeah I feel the same.
I'm already a bit satisfied that we protected our home and got our revenge, it's half done though. If we take a full revenge by knocking them out of UCL at this moment with this squad.. oh I can ask no more than that. And + 3rd spot? I couldn't be happier at the end of the season.
Of course the further we go the better I feel..but if we make it through this time, no matter who we will face next round.. I won't mind.

From Milannews:

Barcelona, ​​problems for Xavi and Fabregas

The black moment of Barcelona seems to have no end. After the defeat against AC Milan in the Champions League and Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey, the team of Tito Vilanova runs the risk of losing two key players in the race back with the Rossoneri. It is Xavi and Cesc Fabregas both struggling with physical problems, but deployed the same in the game against rivals Madrid. The Catalan team would not want to force the hand to avoid further problems in the further course of the season. The decision to deploy the two midfielders will be taken only behind the race.

if both of them are available in the second leg and they use the same formation as the first leg, I think that's not a bad news for us.

But if one of them miss the match and iniesta moves down to the middle as before, I would be worried. It could be a crucial tactical change for them in a good way.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bayern are solid, the most solid, but milan have always done well against them.. im not afraid of them, only because of tradition and superstition....

i dont even know why we are thinking of that, we will need to be on our very best and barca on their very worst with a lot of luck for us to have a chance of making it.... if we do make it passed them, our season automatically is a success... beating barca's best team in history with our worst team in history is as good as a CL win for me... well for the next couple of years at least..what ever happens after the barca game doesn't concern me, i just hope we have the luck and grit to get a result that qualifies us... unlikely, but all we can do is hope and dream... remember, rossoneri siamo noi so anything is possible...

trying not to jinx milan hey ? i just hope we dont get too cocky and overconfident about this encounter, we need to play in the same manner as we did in the first leg.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
ok so man.utd down. yeah i figured most people would agree that bayern would be our hardest match, not as good as barca but still very dangerous. But if we show the same determination like we did vs barca in the first leg, we can beat anyone, provided our forwards dont misfire. After bayern, i would say real if they go through will be our toughest opposition and maybe dortmud who are unpredictable just like us. Dortmud vs milan, player for player i would say dortmud is better since we dont have balo, in saying that i reckon its a hard call, could go either way. Dortmud unlike bayern, can be exploited due to huge amounts of space they leave behind whilst attacking in numbers. Counter attacking style like we did vs jube is the best way to counter their potent attacking threat.

lol give me pazzini than that polish choke lewandowski and ses92 than that midget gotze lol. they dont have a boateng, their montolivo is sahin (lol)

Schedule