Milan VS Roma

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ambrosini has the flu + Tomasson is out because of some chest pain (rib pain actually if I understood 'dolore intercostale' correctly).... :(

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seamus said:
This is who I'd like to see out there

----------------Dida----------------
Cafu-Costacurta-Maldini-Pancaro
-----Gattuso-Pirlo-Serginho------
------------Rui Costa--------------
----Kaka---------------------------
----------------Shevchenko-------

I'd really prefer to see Simic taking Costacurta's place. Billy's age could show in this match, I want to spare him + us the embarrassment... Ancelotti seems undaunted + talks about wanting to win. And Seedorf does his usual big mouth thing again - why can't he keep his mouth shut just once ? :o :rolleyes:

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Damn damn damn!!! Now Ambro to...Just as he was about to get some playing-time.. :head:

Is JDT also injured..?!

Anyway, we have to crush the Romanistas infront of theire own home-crowd and show some muscles in the Scudetto-race...!!

:devil: FORZA MILAN :devil:

DiaVoLo^

Primavera
Reaction score
I think this will be very hard for Milan.. but we usually plays good in the big matches.. so I am hoping for at least a draw..

pippo is not such a big loss... tomasson can do well!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I hope for the best. There are many players missing, but Milan can win in any condition. :) The only thing I can say now is FORZA MILAN!! :devil:

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
i have been watching some clips of Roma's play. It doesn't look good for us, they have plenty of talented players who are in excellent form, they are playing a stylish, attacking football and are getting the results. If we play like we did against Udine/Boca then we will be humbled at the Olimpico.

----------------Dida
Cafu-Costacurta-Maldini-Pancaro
Rui Costa-Gattuso-Pirlo----Sergio
----------------------Kaka
-----------Shevchenko

Pirlo must play well in this match, when he plays well the ball seems to flow from defence --> attack easier and he also provides alot of excellent long balls and assists. I think if he and Kaka can combine through the centre and run with the ball we should be able to break down dacourt-emerson-lima, all (except perhaps emerson) are in great form.

Without Ambro will have to rely soley on Gattuso to win possession.. but that is no different from usual.. This will probably be our toughest match of the year IMO (unless we reach another CL final) and so the team will have to be at their best.

I hope for a win, no matter what score.. but i think in reality it may be a draw... but luckily i am usually wrong :D

FORZA MILAN :devil2:

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What's happened to Pippo? Why isn't he going to start? A huge pity if much of our substitutes are out..Ambro and JDT..those make up the usually world class bench we have..and both Nesta and Kaladze are really important..somehow Milan look understrength for this one...

i hope and we all hope too..Forza Milan!!! :devil2:

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What's happened to Pippo? Why isn't he going to start? A huge pity if much of our substitutes are out..Ambro and JDT..those make up the usually world class bench we have..and both Nesta and Kaladze are really important..somehow Milan look understrength for this one...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
r4gs said:

Pippo has a calf injury. Don't know what MilanLab is good for, players who seem to have recuperated, pick up another injury right away... Building more muscle/strength does that, makes one more vulnerable for this kind of injury, so maybe they overdo the gym work... Just speculation of course, but I really wonder why players are plagued with injuries this season which most of the time seem to occur during training on top of it.... :rolleyes:

You are right about Milan looking understrength... I hope it will serve as a morale booster + everyone on the pitch will have the right attitude to compensate the absence of that many important players.

acdc81

Beginner
Reaction score
i think we should play like this

---Cafu-Simic-Maldini-Pancaro--

and i have to admit that i don't think that this formation is much weaker than the team carlo plays usually (except for nesta of course)

i always wanted to see rui and kaka play together up front with shevchenko; i think it is a stronger team as with an out of form seedorf and inzaghi. not that i don't like those 2 but in present shape they are of no use to the team. i hope pirlo has recovered during the break because he will be really important, it's a pity that ambro isn't fit, he looked good lately.

my prediction: Roma 1 - Milan 2
and a great game

Forza Milano

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
acdc81 said:
i think we should play like this

---Cafu-Simic-Maldini-Pancaro--

I agree most of the positions. But I would prefer this:

---------------------Dida--------------------
-------Cafu-Simic-Maldini-Pancaro--------
-----Gattuso-Pirlo-Brocchi-Serginho-------
------------------Kaka----------------------
----------------Shevchenko--------------

If we play Rui, there will be too many people doing attack and too less people tackling in the midfield.

Roma has many players making the ball from Mancini and their midfield for Cassano. And their midfield not only can make the ball but they can score by themselves too. So I think we should at least have 2 strong defensive midfielder to stop these people. Rino is always good in doing so. And I believe Brocchi can also do well. ( He can make good passes also! :eek: )

For attacking, I hope Kaka, Pirlo, Cafu and Serginho can make beautiful passes to Sheva. Since there is great possibility that we can only have 1 striker at the front and he will be marked, it will be very nice if those 4 players can shoot more.

FORZA! :devil2:

acdc81

Beginner
Reaction score
well it seems carlo doesn't care to much about our wishes concerning the line up. :) all 6 newspapers predict this team will face roma tonight

MILAN: Dida; Cafu, Costacurta, Maldini, Pancaro; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Rui Costa, Kakà; Shevchenko

so he will play his ususal formation with billy (as first choice if a defender is absent) and seedorf (hope he can deliver more this time, like last year)

most times the predictions of the papers are correct, well at least we see rui and kaka play together ;)

let's hope for the best

forza milano

Reaction score
hi acdc81!
i'm from vienna aswell, support ROMA though :)

This game is so immense...adrenalin is pumping in my veins!
I wish this game would start earlier!

FORZA ROMA - DAJE LUPI!

acdc81

Beginner
Reaction score
hi DIBA, i know what you are talking about, i'm sitting on nails too. can't wait till the game kicks off!

although we don't support the same team i guess we both hope for a spectacular game where the best wins (whoever that will be :devil2: )

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
Rui I don't heard about him?

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Almost all newspapers say that Rui's the one playing, not Sergio ... Well if Rui, Kaka and Sheva play the same way they did against Modena then we'll have a chance against Roma En Sha Allah!!
The most important thing, now that Rino, Pirlo and Seedorf are starting, is to focus our powers mostly in the midfield as it's where Roma's strength lies ... I personally think that Rino, Max and Pirlo should've started with Simic at the back line instead of Billy, but Max's flu made such a bad timing :head:
There will be lots of pressure on Rino as he's basically the most active defensive midfielder in the match, if not the only! Therefore Cafu must assist in stopping Dacour who'll surely give us a headache today :o
Seedorf on the other hand should concentrate on Mancini and try to block his attempts as much as he can ...
On papers our midfield looks helpless in comparison to Roma's, but today what will make the difference in my opinion is the enthusiasm in our players' hearts and the strong will to win and only WIN! If everyone plays and gives his all like Rino for example then we have absolutely nothing to fear!!
Sheva, you're in the Olympico, I hope you place the ball into the net today En Sha Allah!!!

FORZA MILAN!!

cccp

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten
SHEVA ------------- GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALllllllll

MILAN !!! MILAN !!!
Roma 0 - 1 MILAN

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Damn damn damn !!!!!!!!!!!
The shithead Cassano scored a goal.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

ROMA - MILAN 1-1 Half time....

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
2-1! SHEVA!!!!

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
SHEVAAAAAAA TE AMOOOOOOO GOOOOOLLLLLLLLL
ROMA 1-2 MILAN!!!!!!!
MAMMA MI BATTE IL CUORE, HO VISTO SHEVAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA x 2!!!

Im counting on Sheva tonight, please complete your hat-trick against the Romanistas!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
5 mins. 'till the end of the game

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
OMG SHEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

one more, come on :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
41 min. Shevchenko, one-on-one with Pelizzoli, puts his shot wide! It should have been his hat-trick!

WELL, almost :p

cccp

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten
after first half , I decided to turn off my TV. Hmm, I hate Cassano celebration

And I turn on when the match was 2 - 1, I missed Sheva goal ...but stilll very happy

SHEVVVVVVVAAAAA ---- GOALLLLLLLLLL

:cool: :cool: :cool:

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
NOI ODIAMO LA JUVE
NOI ODIAMO IL VERONA
NOI ODIAMO LA ROMA
FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!!!!!!

WE WON THANKS SHEVA FOR MAKE ME HAPPY!!! 14th Goal!!!

Romano oh... oh...
bastardo oh... oh...

Un solo grido
un solo allarme
Roma in fiamme!!
Roma in fiamme!!

Bombe a mano
sul romano
eh... eh...

Altro che lupi
voi siete cani bastardi...
cani bastardi!

Bastardo romano
non esci da Milano!!

Uno di noi...
Nerone uno di noi
uno di noi...

Milano siamo noi
Milano siamo noi
Milano siamo noi
solo noi...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
WOW, they did it !!! :D

I publicly eat my words about 'old man' Costacurta + make a bow. Grande Sheva, grande Milan ! :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Great game.

They were all great. Pleased for Seedorf who had a great game and Rui Costa . . . . for that four seconds, all is forgiven!!!!!!!

A good line up (with Nesta) and formation when we play games away from home.

Totti is a diving bastard and I'm looking forward to what he has to say now. :D

2004 rocks!!!!!

Schedule