• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Swansea have been dealt a cruel looking first few games! many of the top 7 in that first 6!

Swansea play Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal & Man Utd in 4 of their first 6 games :o

No different to their 1st season in the PL fixtures. Im sure they rather get those out of the way 1st then have them at the end of the season. Also its probably the best time to play those teams early as some of them dont find form till end of Sept early Oct

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
No different to their 1st season in the PL fixtures. Im sure they rather get those out of the way 1st then have them at the end of the season. Also its probably the best time to play those teams early as some of them dont find form till end of Sept early Oct

Chelsea always hits the ground running but yeah , Arsenal and United generally start the season off poorly.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Wots all this Gus Poyet fuss? I dont even know wot he's alleged to have done.

Pharaoh

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon
Chelsea always hits the ground running but yeah , Arsenal and United generally start the season off poorly.

Id say the opposite for arsenal. I remember this season they had a great start, even considered contenders for the title, then, you know, reality happened

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Wots all this Gus Poyet fuss? I dont even know wot he's alleged to have done.

He was believed to speak to another club(Wigan? Everton?) and it was rumoured that he was on the rails for a while.

To be sacked on live TV is quite horrendous though. He was right when he said it'd go down in history.:lol:

Reaction score
The Suarez interviews :fp:

Just lots and lots of moaning and complaining. As someone who supports Liverpool along with Milan, it's painful. He could have left, and would have been on good terms with the majority of the supporters. Now with all this dicking around if he leaves he'll be disliked by MUCH more people and if he stays there's going to be somewhat of a divide in the fanbase. Horrible decision by him to do all these interviews.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Suarez always does interviews when he's away with the NT.

There was literally about 10 different interviews last season where all he did was bitch about Evra and United.

Now he's switched it to talking about wanting to leave.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sky Sports: Manchester United have bid rejected for Leighton Baines

Baines and Fellaini for £45M incoming :fp:
Moyes has gotten rid of SAF's 3 closest staff members whilst a 4th has left as well to retire. Few other people expected to be given the boot :fp:

Last edited:

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,

Moyes has gotten rid of SAF's 3 closest staff members whilst a 4th has left as well to retire. Few other people expected to be given the boot :fp:

Milan have been linked with vidic......again, views?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan have been linked with vidic......again, views?

No chance. He doesn't want to leave for a start and Moyes won't want to get rid of him.

Nani will probably be the only big player to leave United. Possibly Evra too if we sign Baines. There's been a few stories linking him with Monaco.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

why are you against fellaini and baines?

baines >> evra

fellaini is a very good midfielder.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players

baines >> evra

He's not, really. Everton just hoof the ball up to him - he plays as a number 10 most of the time and that's where his best performances have come from. I don't know why people talk about him as if he's this box to box midfielder as it's a position he's never played for Everton. According to both Moyes and Fellaini himself, he's a defensive midfielder who plays as the number 10 because Everton have no one else up there.

He isn't a very good DM either. More fouls than anyone else in the league, his reading of the game isn't that good, his passing is average, when under pressure he's poor ect. He's a good player, but Everton is his level.

I like Baines, although Evra had a good season so he isn't "<<" inferior, but yeah Baines is superior. He isn't a 20M upgrade though which is what it will cost (if not more).

There's other areas that need addressing. We're strongly linked with Thiago Alcantara who'd be an amazing signing. The midfield needs sorting out first.

If we end up spending £45M on Baines and Fellaini whilst selling Nani for a pittance and keeping Young, I'll be pissed. United need to get closer to Bayern Munich and Barcelona. Fellaini is not the player to do that.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I hear that baines would cost 12 million pounds, which is fair considering his form and the market these days.

I don't agree with your assessment on fellaini and I also don't agree with the ones who think he's world class, but I believe he's a very good mid who can contribute to the attacking phase and defensive phase, his passing is fine as well, he's like Yaya toure IMO, not as good obviously.

but he's definitely not worth more than 15-18 million pounds.

alcantara would be an amazing signing, a much needed one. I really hope moyes doesn't turn united into a " hoof the ball " side.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hear that baines would cost 12 million pounds, which is fair considering his form and the market these days.

I don't agree with your assessment on fellaini and I also don't agree with the ones who think he's world class, but I believe he's a very good mid who can contribute to the attacking phase and defensive phase, his passing is fine as well, he's like Yaya toure IMO, not as good obviously.

but he's definitely not worth more than 15-18 million pounds.

alcantara would be an amazing signing, a much needed one. I really hope moyes doesn't turn united into a " hoof the ball " side.

No chance. Baines is Everton's best player. You're looking at around £20M. They really won't want to sell and will put up a fight as losing Baines will result in more players wanting to leave. The club will lose a lot of it's attraction if they start selling their best players. Fellaini has a release clause of around £24M.

Fellaini is a bully - watch his performance against United:

Don't want him near the first team.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

baines >> evra

good players but thats a hefty fee for 2 guys who are 28 and 25 and aren't 'top class' or likely to reach it

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The rejected Baines bid was apparently £12M. There were strong rumours last year that we had an £18M rejected, for the record.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
united paid 18 million pounds + bonuses for the likes of young.

I can see them overpaying for players who are highly rated by moyes.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"But..but he put English football on the map".

That woman presenter should stick to letting Stan Collymore shove Cadberry Cream Eggs up her hole.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ESPN and a couple of other sites saying that Utd will show one or two signings on Friday at Moyes' 1st official press conf.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is this guy suggesting that a Russian billionaire made his money in a less-than-virtuous fashion?

Mind-blowing.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^lol!

But on a serious note... why doesnt anybody look into it? Guy is laundering money through the club.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
I would be stunned if Moyes unveiled anyone at his press conference but himself and his staff, I don't think he would like to be overshadowed, so I wouldn't get your hopes up about him saying we've signed x, y or zhiago.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I would be stunned if Moyes unveiled anyone at his press conference but himself and his staff, I don't think he would like to be overshadowed.

His name isnt big enough for him to think that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule