Alexandre Pato Thread

How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?

• Total voters

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Ronaldo9 said:
I really have no clue what the fuck is Dunga thinking not calling up Ronaldo. Vagner Love and Sobis are absolute crap.
How can you talk that bad about Vagner Love...the forward of love? (don't worry I also think he is crap, but I never get tired of calling him "the forward of love").

I do think calling Pato is way to early (unless is to see other under 23 players, and he called Sobis, so maybe that's the idea), he still needs more games to get the big step.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
prokeneda said:
I missed the game against Atlanta, how did Pato performed ?
Nothing special. He missed a sitter and didn't do much else. Overall, KaPaRo were invisible today.

Ronaldo will not be called up for the NT until he's fully back in game shape. Why Pato is being called up after one good match (he's had two mediocre ones since then), I'm not sure.

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Banks, Yashin, Manga, Preud'homme, Pfaff, Zenga, Sepp and Taffarel
Beemer said:
Nothing special. He missed a sitter and didn't do much else. Overall, KaPaRo were invisible today.

Ronaldo will not be called up for the NT until he's fully back in game shape. Why Pato is being called up after one good match (he's had two mediocre ones since then), I'm not sure.
Olympic games.
And the game vs. Atalanta was surely his worst ever.

Reaction score
Nielsenb41 said:
Have you seen the games he played in Brazil? It's not like italian defenders got an extra leg or anything. The boy was a star in Brazil, he was tightly marked. I agree Udinese played a really good game, specially the defense, but I think we can ask more because I know he can give us more. It's not like I'm trying to put even more pressure on him or hype this thing even more, I just think that we should set the bar up high, otherwise we"ll be licking his feet after every so-so game, because he can't do much worse than against Udi. Afterall, in Brazil he's already considered the heir to Romário's and Ronaldo's #9 shirt.

And of course he'll get better, he's only 18 afterall. But in no way he's "not complete". I've never seen a striker that can shoot with both feet, head the ball like that, has such a fine first-touch and control, pace and dribbling skills, being called incomplete.

Look Pato's good, that we can accept from what we have seen so far and the fact that he wears a Milan shirt. Patience is what we require before we decide how good he is. Based on what we have seen so far he's got a way to go before he's up to speed with messi, Aguero, fabregas, C Ronaldo etc. To compare him with Ronaldo, Romario etc is crazy and seems premature. They are legends and Pato still has to prove that he has the ability to become a legend. The potential probably but we need time maybe a 2-3 years to compare him with kaka, messi and co. and a few more years after that and we can compare him with Ronaldo, Romario, Zidane etc.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Stupid Ancelotti is wasting the boys talent.

ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK.

I've seen the boy play and take defenders on one on one and beat them. He turned Puyol inside out and back again at the CWC last year.

I don't care if he loses the ball, two or three times, he should be trying to beat defenders in one on one situations. Instead Ancelotti has him knocking it back to Pirlo in a futile attempt to lob it over the defense and on to a players foot. When it does work...the player who receives the pass is instantly smothered by 3 or 4 defenders.

In the Napoli game PATO lost the ball alot, but he opened up the game a lot by attempting to attack the defense. It created the room necessary for Pirlo to lob the ball over the defense.

Passing the ball back to Pirlo and lobbing it over to our strikers is overplayed, predicatble & defendable.

We got one of the most promising talent forwards in the world, who has amazing dribbling skills and who runs like the wind, and we're stunting his strengths & creativity by not allowing him to attack. Ancelotti better get it right with this kid before his confidence goes down the toilet like Gourcuff's.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Hello people, this is my first post in here. I've been a member of Milanmania for a long time and now I've decided to log in in here too. My first comment will go to PAto...

I ABSOULTELY agree with the post above! Carlo has ruined Gila, and also the most talented French young midfielder Gourcuff by not letting them play like they need to. The confidence has gone down and that is it for the player. Its easy to train Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka', Sheva, RONALDO, Pippo, Rui, Gattuso, Nesta, Maldini...those players train themselves! Personally, I despize Carlo as a coach.

Pato is a player that needs to play brazilian football even in here. Let the boy play!! He never make sany moves of his, and he will loose his confidence fast.

Galliani and Carlo made a show about his becouse Milan didnt sign anyone so they needed to make Pato the new Ronaldinho becouse of the angry fans. Pato is not the new Roonia, he is a young and talented player that can play super football if he is delt well. But since we have an idiot for a coach, there it goes...

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
slouchoncouch said:
Look Pato's good, that we can accept from what we have seen so far and the fact that he wears a Milan shirt. Patience is what we require before we decide how good he is. Based on what we have seen so far he's got a way to go before he's up to speed with messi, Aguero, fabregas, C Ronaldo etc. To compare him with Ronaldo, Romario etc is crazy and seems premature. They are legends and Pato still has to prove that he has the ability to become a legend. The potential probably but we need time maybe a 2-3 years to compare him with kaka, messi and co. and a few more years after that and we can compare him with Ronaldo, Romario, Zidane etc.
I agree he has a long way to go, what I meant is that despite being 18 he already has more "tools" at his disposal than most strikers in the world. I think it's fine to expect a lot from the boy, specially if you got to see him playing in Brazil. I don't think Ancelotti and Galliani are making up things when they talk about his performances in training.

About being the heir to the brazilian #9 shirt, that's almost a consensus in Brazil, and that's because a very romantic vision of the game prevails here: it doesn't take months in a competitive league and statistics to know how good a player is, it only takes one good look. I'm a romantic and passionate fan too, and in the same way most of the brazilians knew Robinho was good even before he started his engines at Madrid, I know Pato has the talent to be even better, even though his engine died after the Napoli match. Call it stupid or whatever you may, but I'd rather judge a player based on youtube videos (although I don't) than on statistics or some other rational bullshit.

About the Ancelotti issue, I'm not sure if Pato is playing it simple because of orders. He might be a bit overwhelmed by the situation as a whole, and it's true he wasn't looking so much for the individual play as in the other two games, and that may be caused by lots of variables, the stadium being empty probably being one of them. The whole atmosphere for the Atalanta game seemed different to me, it seemed like I was watching Milan in Milanello.

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
I just cant believe you already started to criticize Ancelotti about how to play Pato and how he is wasting the kid's talent. You just saw 2 bad games by Pato! it's ridiculous to say Ancelotti is ruining him....what if now Pato goes on and score 10 goals before the end of the season ? would you start to hail how Ancelotti is a super coach ? that's just prejudgemental and atleast try to be reasonable.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I really dont think Carlo has done anything at all to ruin Pato. If hes playing timidly it very well could be because he's an 18 year old playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world and has had the most ridiculous expectations piled on him. His nerves are probably getting to him cause he doesnt want to screw up so ya hes gonna pass the ball to pirlo instead of trying to do something himself. He'll get over it. I highly doubt that carlo is telling him not to take on defenders or do anything creative.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Matmil04 said:
I just cant believe you already started to criticize Ancelotti about how to play Pato and how he is wasting the kid's talent. You just saw 2 bad games by Pato! it's ridiculous to say Ancelotti is ruining him....what if now Pato goes on and score 10 goals before the end of the season ? would you start to hail how Ancelotti is a super coach ? that's just prejudgemental and atleast try to be reasonable.

Are you kidding me!?!?!?

Did you see the Napoli game...Pato attacked the hell out of them. But did you see how many times he lost the ball at least 5 or 6.

In both the Udinese & Atalanta game he didn't try even half as many attempts against his defenders...you're telling me he just stopped!?!?!

“We need to introduce Pato gradually,” Ancelotti warned. “He had a good game but we need to teach him how to play in this team.”

The above is a quote from Ancelotti, and IMO it means that he wasn't playing within the team in his debut against Napoli when he was trying to attack all game.

I bet these past two games he's been playing within the team/game plan though, just like everyone else he's passing it back to Pirlo & waiting for the lob.

Even if he did decide himself to stop taking on defenders because of whatever reason, Ancelotti should be encouraging him to continue to use his creativity and try to beat defenders.

Either way the kid should be told repeatedly to attack even if he loses the ball 5 or 6 times like he did against Napoli. We did better in that game with him attacking and losing the ball then we did in the past two games with him not attacking.

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
J.Rome said:
Are you kidding me!?!?!?

Did you see the Napoli game...Pato attacked the hell out of them. But did you see how many times he lost the ball at least 5 or 6.

In both the Udinese & Atalanta game he didn't try even half as many attempts against his defenders...you're telling me he just stopped!?!?!

“We need to introduce Pato gradually,” Ancelotti warned. “He had a good game but we need to teach him how to play in this team.”

The above is a quote from Ancelotti, and IMO it means that he wasn't playing within the team in his debut against Napoli when he was trying to attack all game.

I bet these past two games he's been playing within the team/game plan though, just like everyone else he's passing it back to Pirlo & waiting for the lob.

Even if he did decide himself to stop taking on defenders because of whatever reason, Ancelotti should be encouraging him to continue to use his creativity and try to beat defenders.

Either way the kid should be told repeatedly to attack even if he loses the ball 5 or 6 times like he did against Napoli. We did better in that game with him attacking and losing the ball then we did in the past two games with him not attacking.
I think you got it all wrong. Being told to use your ability effectively doesnt mean to change your way of playing, i know that Pato needs space to explore his potential and to be able to do that he needs time but that doesnt mean he has to do whatever he wants with ball + losing the ball 5 or 6 times carelessly wont help in any way both cases. What Ancelotti is trying to do is helping him develop fast enough so that he can produce the goods as soon as possibile, meaning advicing him to avoid meaningless tricks and flicks when it is not necessary(we have seen Pato dribbling far away from the opponents goal Vs Napoli and losing it ) and telling him to concretely use his skills in effective way so that the team will benifits from it.

The situation we are in is another case why we cant afford to waste chances when they come begging(Pato's occasion vs Atalanta)especially we cant afford to see Pato losing the ball so many times as we dont seem capable enough to regain possesion with ease.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Matmil04 said:
I think you got it all wrong. Being told to use your ability effectively doesnt mean to change your way of playing, i know that Pato needs space to explore his potential and to be able to do that he needs time but that doesnt mean he has to do whatever he wants with ball + losing the ball 5 or 6 times carelessly wont help in any way both cases. What Ancelotti is trying to do is helping him develop fast enough so that he can produce the goods as soon as possibile, meaning advicing him to avoid meaningless tricks and flicks when it is not necessary(we have seen Pato dribbling far away from the opponents goal Vs Napoli and losing it ) and telling him to concretely use his skills in effective way so that the team will benifits from it.

The situation we are in is another case why we cant afford to waste chances when they come begging(Pato's occasion vs Atalanta)especially we cant afford to see Pato losing the ball so many times as we dont seem capable enough to regain possesion with ease.

To my knowledge Ancelotti didn't say that (the words that I highlighted in you comment)...although I agree that Ancelotti also wants that to occur. But he did say the words that previously quoted.

Losing the ball in itself is obviously not good, and meaningless tricks and flicks should be avoided. But, his attacking mentality opens up defenses, as was shown in the Napoli game. Therefore, he should always be trying to attack & break down his defender if he feels he can.

But, I saw about at least 4 or 5 times that Pato got the ball and he just passed it back out when I'm sure he could have taken on his man. And I'd be surprised if he wasn't instructed to do this. Ancelotti's words basically tell that he must have.

He lost the ball 5-6 times in that Napoli game...BUT WE WON 5 -2, so I can live with that.

Pirlo tries to lob the ball over the defense all game long and we turned over anyway. Our offensive look is weak, and predictable.

When Goucuff came in for Gattuso I think (in this game against Atalanta) he immdieately attacked, and his defender + another had to come out.

That created space for others and forced the defense out of that park the bus/stuff the box defense as they had to shift.

If Goucuff can do it...Pato definatley can.

Last edited:

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But, I saw about at least 4 or 5 times that Pato got the ball and he just passed it back out when I'm sure he could have taken on his man. And I'd be surprised if he wasn't instructed to do this. Ancelotti's words basically tell that he must have.
You cant possibily take on the defenders everytime they come to press you, and as you already know that when we played against Udinese and Atalanta they were defending in 10 and used counter-attack to hurt us, that means Pato had always have 2 defenders coming back at him everytime he had the ball so he was pressurised to give the ball back to his team mates and had no chance to dribble them as he would have liked.

He lost the ball 5-6 times in that Napoli game...BUT WE WON 5 -2, so I can live with that.
Unlike the last 2 teams, Napoli came to San Siro to play their game and that means there were spaces infront that Ronaldo and Pato explored perfectly. however everytime we lost the ball we were all over the place and the defence had to deal with lavezzi's speed many times + was the main reason why we concided 2 goals.

One thing that you have to remember in that game is, it was Ronaldo who contributed to the victory much more than Pato, dont get me wrong Pato played greatly but showed his ability only just after he scored. So the reason why we won 5-2 was not the outcome of Pato's dribbling or Pato's movements, it was because Napoli let us play our game and when the opponent leaves us to play our game we all know we are deadly as a cruise missile regardless of Pato's presence.

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Matmil04 said:
dont get me wrong Pato played greatly but showed his ability only just after he scored.
You should watch the first half again.

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nielsenb41 said:
You should watch the first half again.
Thank you for your advice but i'll remain with what i said.

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Man above me:
Ok, you'll remain wrong.

DiMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tutti i Giocatori del Milan
in the napoli match pato definitely was one of the best players on the pitch, because he showed great movements, he connected very well with r99 and of course he scored.

We just have to give him time. hes 18 guys, but we all believe in him. So do i.... We all know that he IS talented and in some years hes probably going to be one of the best strikers (i hope so)..

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nielsenb41, am not arguing to degrade Pato's performance, he was fenomenal vs Napoli in certain moments. The thing that i was trying to say is to tell J.Rome that Pato doesnt necessarily have to dribble every single time to show his skill. Period.

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Matmil04 said:
Nielsenb41, am not arguing to degrade Pato's performance, he was fenomenal vs Napoli in certain moments. The thing that i was trying to say is to tell J.Rome that Pato doesnt necessarily have to dribble every single time to show his skill. Period.
And I agree with you, he can and should play it simple sometimes. We can see he's skilled from a single shot, or a simple run. That's why I said he showed his ability in the first half.

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
bravo Pato, just continue like this...

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
capt.8c2ac2e4c8e147099e033bf118768b76.italy_soccer__lb119.jpg

capt.0aa99611345a4a168711fcb8141aa4e8.italy_soccer__lb117.jpg

capt.2c5a30402cce4c7f850b11fa64b5cf29.italy_soccer__lb114.jpg

capt.013f243256e548bc8aff9b040fd04800.italy_soccer__lb110.jpg

capt.a42bc6ee6c0c4caca5a306261b60419f.italy_soccer__lb107.jpg

capt.3ccdc2e472a34f66963321cf5fc8d273.italy_soccer__lb109.jpg

8d9eaabae3682acdab2b339561f9d774-getty-fbl-ita-milan-genoa.jpg

dba801e5c95f91b5c42b56ac3b26b704-getty-fbl-ita-milan-genoa.jpg

a9898df58d7e32a6ff0854df37a3c18f-getty-fbl-ita-milan-genoa.jpg

a035ebae3c0131d2afe685e9eaea8a2b-getty-fbl-ita-milan-genoa.jpg

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Pato can really make the difference when he has space to run into+ is confident. He has tons of space and that was evident today. The only flaw in his game currently is his finishing. If other strikers score and take the pressure off of him. For instance vs. Genoa. When he missed a sitter his head went down and he wasn't as good. When he scored he looked like he was unstoppable. The ability is surely there.

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
i dont mind if at the moment pato misses a few chances and scores two goals, its better then getting a couple of chances and missing them, composure will come with the more experience he gets.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
check this out:

Born: September 2, 1989
Birthplace: N/A
Height: 1.79m
Weight: 71 kg Pos: F
GP 3 | G 1 | A 0 (2007/08 Italian Serie A)

History GameLog

Recent History
2007/08 Statistics
TEAM COMPETITION GS SB G A SH SG FC FS YC RC
AC Milan Italian Serie A 3 0 1 0 10 7 6 0 0 0
2007/08 Season Totals 3 0 1 0 10 7 6 0 0 0

Glossary
GS: Games started, SB: Used as Substitute, G: Goals, A: Assists, SH: Shots, SG: Shots on goal, YC: Yellow Cards, RC: Red Cards, FC: Fouls Commited, FS: Fouls Suffered, SV: Saves, OF: Offsides, W: Wins, D: Draws, L: Losses

besides the goals(3 goals in 3 games-a 100% score!!!) he also haven't commited a foul,nor received any.
I hope G-d will keep to save him from scum players.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Keep on scoring duckie :star:

Awsome stats + pictures..theres one big picture of him were u can only see the addias logo...man it would be awsome to have only that and not the stupid b win.

Schedule