Luca Cigarini

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Why don't you all admit that you havent watched Cigarini to any reasonable extent? :D

He's way better than the comments here portray.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why don't you all admit that you havent watched Cigarini to any reasonable extent? :D

He's way better than the comments here portray.

I really have...and I really think he is average.

But then again...players can step up once they play with better players

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The last part is so true. Each pass a player receives and each pass he makes also has its effectiveness in the quality of his team-mates.

I want this move. But I fear it wont happen.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The last part is so true. Each pass a player receives and each pass he makes also has its effectiveness in the quality of his team-mates.

I want this move. But I fear it wont happen.

Although many don't rate Aquilani, I thought he was good for us until he got injured and we started playing Nocerino like a star. If Cigarini can reproduce what Aquilani did before injury, I'd say he is a success.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
Once heir of Pirlo :fp:

Milan just might get him after all if he's really cheap...

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
He is kinda a kind of player we lack in our squad. What are we gonna do when we have no Montolivo on the pitch? It's sad that Cigarini would be a very important signing for us, or someone similar.

Obviously little to no hope here for any better signings than Cigarini, so I would welcome him easily. Much rather him than Muntari, especially since we kept Flamini - who I rate higher - and have more of that sorta players.

We know we will have a meh midfield, but at least hopefully we have backup for every role.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
The good thing about him is that he's experiencd.

With MVB gone, we lost a very experienced playre and he also was a leader!!

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is kinda a kind of player we lack in our squad. What are we gonna do when we have no Montolivo on the pitch? It's sad that Cigarini would be a very important signing for us, or someone similar.

Obviously little to no hope here for any better signings than Cigarini, so I would welcome him easily. Much rather him than Muntari, especially since we kept Flamini - who I rate higher - and have more of that sorta players.

We know we will have a meh midfield, but at least hopefully we have backup for every role.

I dont see the reasoning of spending money on him and not on Aquilani though. I know I am biased but IMO Aquilani is much more proven and Cigarini. He's also had a cruciate ligament tear in his leg before which is a sign of SERIOUS concern.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
i want c.ledesma, fuck all these fodder italian midfielders. But stupid nazio wont sell him i know unless we offer them like 10 million, which is roughly his market value. He is worth it despite his age. An industrial worker and an astute passer of the ball, a perfect anchor for us.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i want c.ledesma, fuck all these fodder italian midfielders. But stupid nazio wont sell him i know unless we offer them like 10 million, which is roughly his market value. He is worth it despite his age. An industrial worker and an astute passer of the ball, a perfect anchor for us.

:thumbsup:

Ledesma is a very simple player...gets the jobs done

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
The bastard is probably waiting for a call from Juve.

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
no to napoli fodder. :fp:

another " new pirlo " who completely failed..lol.

Lionheart

Banned
Reaction score
Luca bloody Cigarini :fp:
kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
meh. should keep talking to him, and try to change his mind. He isnt a great player but he would fit in well in the center of the park for us, and should improve with a better team around him

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
he doesnt want us?? ok just piss off

surely another overrated fodder italian :o

Last edited:

Maldiniac

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
rejecting because he's afraid to compete with the likes of monty, coward :o

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
convince this mediocre player? no thanks :lol:

let him rot at atalanta.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Err what you guy's trying to say, He chose Atlanta as a way of saying thank you, That fto me speaks volumes about his moral conduct. He wasn't alittle bitch that ran off at the first sight of money....

Props to you Luca

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
he is committed to atalanta because they made him the player he is now, at best he is an above average industrial midfielder. He wont improve our squad much anyway so we are fine as we are :g:.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Bored, trying to find a midfielder in the Borja Valero mold who would help improve the speed of our play and create more clear cut chances every game.

For Milan's price range, this was the guy who seems most suited. He averages more key passes than all of our midfielders, has more assists, and he sits in a further back position than most players with similar stats.

I've always been one of those people who thought statistics don't represent football very well, but the truth is it can. However, simple stats like passing percentage don't accurately tell the picture of a players impact. More important is the relevancy of the position he plays, the team he plays in, and then cross referencing other stats that add meaning to the numbers.

Of course, there is always Marco Verrati but thats even more fantasy football than I've already conjured. Verrati doesn't have as many "key passes" but is more involved in the build up of his teams play, & generally PSG have more of the ball than their opponents. Playing with a Zlatan also means less assists because much of the play funnels through his feet.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/14126

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Err what you guy's trying to say, He chose Atlanta as a way of saying thank you, That fto me speaks volumes about his moral conduct. He wasn't alittle bitch that ran off at the first sight of money....

Props to you Luca

:thumbsup:

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Its just good business. Why pay Nocerino 1.5M/yr when his output (sans Ibra) is so much lower than players like Cigarini. Cigarini makes around 800K/yr.

Its swapping a player who has no place in our current system for someone who can either be a capable starter or an addition to squad depth.

Schedule