EL Round of 32 - Milan vs Ludogorets | 2nd Leg - 22/02/2018

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Some here are trying their hardest to start shit. Silva had a very quiet game against a fodder team and still nobody attacked him yet the defense force are tryna be vocal for some reason. Calm your tits please.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Says the borini fanboy.
— yall writing as if cutrone delivers every match.. He seems like those type of strikers who have had an awful match if they didn’t score a goal. He was pretty much useless against sampdoria, but none of you guys commented on it.

No one's saying Cutrone is Batistuta prime. We're just saying he's better than Silva which he ever so clearly is.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Silva wasnt shit today, but he didnt do anything either. And pls stop with no service thing... make good runs, place yourself at good positions and you will get a pass eventualy. Just dont tell me Cutro gets the service all the time... he can be invisible half game and then just score out of nowhere. Silva cant do that unfortunately.

Also, if you are not a classic 9, you can still come to midfield and take the damn ball alone, and show everyone that you at least try. Shoot from 30m+ one time in a game, noone will blame him for trying..

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Too many players weren't suit our style, I remember fighting here to defend Hakan ability to deliver a good pass in one touch or Biglia great anticipation sense in play, not that they are star. We all have different vision about players, but I am sure Silva is not the most hatred player here. No need to find him some excuses before somebody talks + he played well today :)

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean, this thread has 14 pages and Silva is a player for Milan who played the full 90 today.

I've not participated in the whole Silva stuff, but watching him, he's not really getting the ball.

Vidarth makes a good point: he's being reduced to these sorts of games, and I feel bad for him. I also worry because I don't want Milan to waste money on a player. Let's say we sell him, stuff like this doesn't help.

Locatelli also showed nice highs and really bad lows. He would make great tackles, have good passes, and then he'd misplace one or two and make poor tackles. It's hard to forget that he just turned 20, I'd love to have him go to Atalanta for a year. But I think he's going to turn into a special player if we develop him properly--part of that is to play him more. He also looks far more timid and scared than he did last year.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
I mean, this thread has 14 pages and Silva is a player for Milan who played the full 90 today.

I've not participated in the whole Silva stuff, but watching him, he's not really getting the ball.

Vidarth makes a good point: he's being reduced to these sorts of games, and I feel bad for him. I also worry because I don't want Milan to waste money on a player. Let's say we sell him, stuff like this doesn't help.

Locatelli also showed nice highs and really bad lows. He would make great tackles, have good passes, and then he'd misplace one or two and make poor tackles. It's hard to forget that he just turned 20, I'd love to have him go to Atalanta for a year. But I think he's going to turn into a special player if we develop him properly--part of that is to play him more. He also looks far more timid and scared than he did last year.

Loca had an objectively shit game tho. Your analysis is laughably off.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
I'm not defending Silva. I mean, he's supposed to be our shiny new toy and I've read so many things about how shit he is. So he starts today, and I'm trying to wonder, why is there such hatred?

He hasn't done anything. He looks like a waste of 40m right now, no doubt. I just don't get the hatred.

I don't care about Silva either way. I mean, I'd prefer him to become a star, but I wouldn't mind if Borini became the second-coming of Maradona all of a sudden either.

I'm just watching the game and I think leaf got it right: I don't think Silva suits our style unfortunately.

different style of players: cutrone is a poacher, he has better position, silva is a false 9 or a shadow striker, he has better technical, ball control

in our 4-3-3 style we need a poacher more than a because most of the time
we never got any 1-2 passes or kind of "tiki-taka" style attacking in the middle, which requires ball control and passing skills, we always rely on fast play and early crosses

btw both of them can improve a lot, silva with his positioning and cutrone with his technique
its just cutrone suits better for our style atm

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
AC Milan have won five of their last six home league matches in European Cup (D1), keeping a clean sheet four times in the same period.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
locatelli reminds me of rabiot when he was 20 and he got infinitely better...i hope the same happens for loca but dam he made a lot of trash mistakes today

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Round of 16

AC Milan (ITA)
Arsenal (ENG)
Athletic Club (ESP)
Atlético Madrid (ESP)
CSKA Moskva (RUS)
Dortmund (GER)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Lazio (ITA)
Leipzig (GER)
Lyon (FRA)
Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)
Marseille (FRA)
Plzeň (CZE)
Salzburg (AUT)
Sporting CP (POR)
Zenit (RUS)

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Silva likes the ball to feet, and when he gets it he's fucking horrible.

Falls over himself or holds on for too long.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
No one's saying Cutrone is Batistuta prime. We're just saying he's better than Silva which he ever so clearly is.

No it is crazy how you guys treat cutrone, no one calls him out for losing the ball or making mistakes, because he costs zero.. while its completely the opposite for silva.

I don't go around calling for Borini each game to start when he is not starting material now do I? Yet we won today because of his goal and assist of CUTRONE the guy you hate so much for stealing your mancrushes position. :proud:

Cause you know suso and hakan in form hakan are miles ahead of that headless mesbah level of a fodder

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Round of 16

AC Milan (ITA)
Arsenal (ENG)
Athletic Club (ESP)
Atlético Madrid (ESP)
CSKA Moskva (RUS)
Dortmund (GER)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Lazio (ITA)
Leipzig (GER)
Lyon (FRA)
Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)
Marseille (FRA)
Plzeň (CZE)
Salzburg (AUT)
Sporting CP (POR)
Zenit (RUS)

I hope we can get Dortmund or Arsenal. To be honest I'm not scared of anyone. Maybe save atletico and Lyon for the finals. Rest is no worries.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
No it is crazy how you guys treat cutrone, no one calls him out for losing the ball or making mistakes, because he costs zero.. while its completely the opposite for silva.

Cause you know suso and hakan in form hakan are miles ahead of that headless mesbah level of a fodder

giphy.gif

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Loca had an objectively shit game tho. Your analysis is laughably off.

I said he was inconsistent and had really bad lows. He showed some nice things, but then he did really bad stuff. He needs work.

I'm not sure why I'm repeating myself, but perhaps I hope that a basic summary of what I wrote might help you comprehend better.

Your tone--with other members, as well--is laced with a sort of superiority that I don't think you've earned no matter how condescending you are to others in your comments.

I believe your statement is directed to discrediting my posts because of a few things: 1) I think I have earned your ire for seemingly igniting a Silva debate, which was not my intention; 2) you wish to illustrate the lack of credibility in my position on Silva (which you have assumed in tandem with point 1 above) by commenting on Locatelli; 3) you use the word "objectively" without any objective evidence (furthermore, where is objectivity in a game like football which does not fetishize statistics like American sports do? Locatelli did not play well, which was the main point of my posts but you missed that so perhaps I am wasting my time with this point as I believe you will miss it); 4) you continue to brow-beat me with short commentary for some reason as if it will work.

There are other reasons that I can parse, but I don't care, because you will most likely respond with some sort of "didn't read, lol" style of comment.

If you do decide to respond in a longer form, please note that my only points were to raise concern over two young players for Milan (in this case Locatelli and Silva) where the potential talent in Locatelli was on display, but then his lack of experience and know-how resulted in bad tackles, passes that with another team would've led to goals, but for some reason unless I am unflinchingly negative, this somehow negates what positive good you can take, even from a bad performance.

If you would like to respond to that point, I would be the most interested, because that is the main reason for my posts on Silva and Locatelli. If you are unwilling to respond (which does not bother me in the slightest), I apologize for annoying you since the Silva comments seemed to really rile you (and others) but I was genuinely curious as to why people were so angry with him.

I believe Nirvana, however, has hit the nail on the head: his price fuels the anger. I'd add that I think the contrast of Cutrone, who works hard and is a hometown kid makes that even worse.

Last edited:

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
I hope we can get Dortmund or Arsenal. To be honest I'm not scared of anyone. Maybe save atletico and Lyon for the finals. Rest is no worries.

agree, we better face those stronger teams first, in case we lose we can focus better on serie a

in EL its either you win or nothing, no need to go as far as possible for no reason

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA

No the difference is one striker actually scores.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Silva plays exactly like penaldo, except you know without all the goal scoring.

Last edited:

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Borini killed Ludogorets with his two goals, made things much easier.

Roma, Borini, Kalinic and Kessie where the best players today in my opinion. Locatelli lacks rhythm and the experience to perform as a sub, I´m leaning more and more towards sending him on a dry loan in summer.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Teams we should avoid: bilbao, atl madrid, arsenal, lazio, rb liepzig, lyon,marseille, sporting, bvb

Guess we should forfeit right away then, best not even come to the draw :lol::eek:

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Guess we should forfeit right away then, best not even come to the draw :lol::eek:

There are still cska, lokomotiv moskva, victoria plz, salsburg, zenit and kyiv. :o

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
poor atalanta

It's a shame because they played really well.

Borini killed Ludogorets with his two goals, made things much easier.

Roma, Borini, Kalinic and Kessie where the best players today in my opinion. Locatelli lacks rhythm and the experience to perform as a sub, I´m leaning more and more towards sending him on a dry loan in summer.

Definitely. His position is one that needs as much experience as possible.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
1) I think I have earned your ire for seemingly igniting a Silva debate, which was not my intention; 2) you wish to illustrate the lack of credibility in my position on Silva (which you have assumed in tandem with point 1 above) by commenting on Locatelli;

>igniting a Silva debate

That's literally what you did. :fp:

3) you use the word "objectively" without any objective evidence (furthermore, where is objectivity in a game like football which does not fetishize statistics like American sports do? Locatelli did not play well, which was the main point of my posts but you missed that so perhaps I am wasting my time with this point as I believe you will miss it); 4) you continue wish to brow-beat me with short commentary for some reason as if it will work.

You sure talk a lot without saying anything. Loca had a bad game; he shaky, misspassed like a mother, out of position, got passed easily, and look flustered in the last 20-30 minutes. It does't have anything to do with stats. He simply had a bad game and you're excusing his bad performance because he showed something pretty? That doesn't fly in football am afraid.

There are other reasons that I can parse, but I don't care, because you will most likely respond with some sort of "didn't read, lol" style of comment.

Jesus you're one defensive dude.

If you do decide to respond in a longer form, please note that my only points were to raise concern over two young players for Milan (in this case Locatelli and Silva) where the potential talent in Locatelli was on display, but then his lack of experience and know-how resulted in bad tackles, passes that with another team would've led to goals, but for some reason unless I am unflinchingly negative, this somehow negates what positive good you can take, even from a bad performance.

If you would like to respond to that point, I would be the most interested, because that is the main reason for my posts on Silva and Locatelli. If you are unwilling to respond (which does not bother me in the slightest), I apologize for annoying you since the Silva comments seemed to really rile you (and others) but I was genuinely curious as to why people were so angry with him.

I believe Nirvana, however, has hit the nail on the head: his price fuels the anger. I'd add that I think the contrast of Cutrone, who works hard and is a hometown kid makes that even worse.

There's a reason why people reply with "didn't read lol" posts. Cuz your posting style is a mess. Ever wrote a memo, e-mail, or anything work-related. The lesser words you use the better, nobody has time for your wall-o-texts that can literally be summarized into 3-4 lines at most.

Schedule