Week 34: Torino vs Milan 28/04/2019 20:30 CET

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I never try to insinuate anything? I am simply disagreeing with you about the impact of missing a defender who we have other capable defenders when we are struggling to get ANYTHING going on offense.

I understand the difference between second yellow and red. I am simply tired of watching this Milan's performance. Does us sucking make ref screwing us right? No, but I am saying when you are not this horrible players won't be this desperate arguing with refs for every little thing, whether that changes how refs treats us, I don't know. But I think it's more important to fix the playing bad part.

Yes, I want Milan to play better, we are in agreement.

Probably miscommunication due to text.

Today was the worst day to have this sort of day. I'm so mad, I can't begin to express it.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm absolutely crushed.

I hear you man.

BUT

A lot of good has also happened this year.

1) Yonghong Li disappeared into the sunset (spare family beach photos)
2) Elliott restored credibility and won at TAS
3) Maldini and Leo replaced the most grotesque management imaginable
4) Paqueta and Piatek
5) Nascent commercial/stadium developments
6) Incredible home jersey

Elliott’s project was CL in 2 years. Let’s see if they make the right moves to get us there.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Elliott’s project was CL in 2 years. Let’s see if they make the right moves to get us there.

This. I think the fact that we held 4th set expectations and rightfully so. We want CL so bad and it hurts so much that:

We're now 7th and getting CL will be a very tough task.
The team has played like shit for months and Gattuso is still here.

Yes, we need to be patient due to the medium term project. But we're fans, passionate fans, that want success immediately due to having been 4th.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso has lost the plot.

You are 100% correct. What justification is there to give Hakan and Suso every chance in the world only to bench Piatek (who's probably the reason we are even in this race) in such an important game?

The thing that bothers me is that I understood why he was playing Hakan. His workrate is ridiculous, and in the long stretches of the season where he's been shit, he passes well and keeps the ball moving, at least outside of the final third. So I was like, okay, I get it Gattuso.

But Suso? Suso makes no sense. Suso doesn't work hard. Suso doesn't track back. Suso doesn't pass well. Suso has done fucking nothing.

Benching Cutrone meant that Gattuso had to win today. Or at least that Cutrone would score. Cutrone didn't, and that was a huge decision.

Gattuso's man management also seems to have went to shit, because the team isn't fighting like lions. They used to. They used to show this hunger, but I haven't seen that since Juve.

It's going to hurt to sack Gattuso. It hurt to sack Pippo and it hurt to sack Seedorf, and it's fucking annoying.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we win the last 4 games, we will get CL.
But with Gattuso still on, its not gonna happen unfortunately

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
only B), never A)

and: this is exactly what im getting angry at.. and yeah, we could argue, that the match thread might be the wrong place for this.

it just made me furious, to see we have people in here defending bad refereeing, when it is one of the worst things in serie a right now (apart from the ongoing racism) (edit: and milan being in the state they are in, ofc)

Not at all. You’re well within your rights to talk about referees here. I agree with what you say in general, but in particular today, what left a bitter taste in the mouth was how we fell apart in the 2nd half. In other games referees have been a bigger issue for me (supercup in Jeddah, for example).

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't see why we can't bring in EDF as a consultant to work on our attack.

Why doesn't Leonardo do it? He went all out attack with 4-2-fantasia, like, he's obviously got some ideas.

Jesus, I'm so mad.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I hear you man.

BUT

A lot of good has also happened this year.

1) Yonghong Li disappeared into the sunset (spare family beach photos)
2) Elliott restored credibility and won at TAS
3) Maldini and Leo replaced the most grotesque management imaginable
4) Paqueta and Piatek
5) Nascent commercial/stadium developments
6) Incredible home jersey

:star:<3

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Gattuso to Sky: "We are making a fool and I am responsible, the team cannot react even in training"

Rino Gattuso was interviewed by Sky Sport in the Turin-Milan post-match.

On the performance: "Today we were condemned by an episode, on Wednesday we did not take the field. It is a period that we are doing very hard, today we did what we had to do. Turin makes you play badly, we have created our opportunities. When you take a penalty so naively you lose your temper a little. "

On the team: "We have been accustomed for a while to know how to suffer, in the last 7/8 games something always happens, the team cannot react. If after a week we do not react even in training I cannot tell what I do not see, it takes us always honesty ".

On the commitment: "The team is committed but it is hard work, we have fun less than two months ago, we are paying for all this. Right now we are not very bright, we think too much, we are young and we lack enthusiasm. I would always like to see the eyes of the Tiger".

On the position: "I am tied to the results like all the coaches, the team is making a fool, we are making fools of a historical club and I am the first responsible".

On the tactics: "We found ourselves many times against each other, Suso never came into the field. When you mentally start thinking too much you can come out of periods like this. We're not fine, not just physically, before the penalty I don't remember any dangerous Turin action "After the penalty, we lost our heads a little but because of the time we come from".

On the psychological side: "We lack tranquility, a series of results. We are living badly, it seems that we give ourselves the blows on our own. In Parma we committed a naive foul, today the same. We must be better at committing fewer mistakes. Today I saw a live team, with Parma and Lazio I didn't see them, today they did what they had to do ".

About the fact that we take too many faults: "It was the mistake I made as a player and I stayed, I have to grow. It was a few years since we reached the fourth place, four days before the end. We are not the best team in Italy, we can improve. A coach makes choices, surely I was wrong too.

On the dialogue with the players: "I like to talk about body posture, about how we want to attack and build, each player has a character, it takes time to make him change. You can work on concepts, you need to work on the rest".

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
if we don't make it into CL (which is sure ofc) i hope we rank 8th or something to avoid playing in that farmers league called EL , it's a disgrace to our glorious history

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Just stop the nonsense debate Hakan vs Suso... Suso isn't shit only when he has his own goal in pocket. Hakan is doing everything to play with other players, move into space, trying hard to give a good pass.
Gattuso should have benched our fake Robben earlier, but we all know Mr Rino praying for individual exploits in attack consequence to lack of tactics.
We have many players here who can improve a lot under an experienced coaching. gattuso maybe a warrior but a fake coach.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
D5RF9dpWAAYC-xv

I fully expect us to finish 8th looking at this table and seeing the recent form.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Just stop the nonsense debate Hakan vs Suso... Suso isn't shit only when he has his own goal in pocket. Hakan is doing everything to play with other players, move into space, trying hard to give a good pass.
Gattuso should have benched our fake Robben earlier, but we all know Mr Rino praying for individual exploits in attack consequence to lack of tactics.
We have many players here who can improve a lot under an experienced coaching. gattuso maybe a warrior but a fake coach.

:thumbsup:

MilanShion

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jack Suso Montolivo AR Isco Thiago Ibra TS <3Mata <3Ramos Mbappe Kaka'
Our form post derby has been relegation level, bye Rino

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Today, you can’t complain about the refs. It’s really bizarre if you’re.

Yeah, the penalty was cheap, maybe even wrong, but they got denied a legit one a few minutes earlier.

If Romagnoli wants to be taken seriously by the refs then he should stop complaining about every decision going against us like an idiot. He even ran to the ref to complain after Suso's clear tactical foul.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me is that I understood why he was playing Hakan. His workrate is ridiculous, and in the long stretches of the season where he's been shit, he passes well and keeps the ball moving, at least outside of the final third. So I was like, okay, I get it Gattuso.

But Suso? Suso makes no sense. Suso doesn't work hard. Suso doesn't track back. Suso doesn't pass well. Suso has done fucking nothing.

Benching Cutrone meant that Gattuso had to win today. Or at least that Cutrone would score. Cutrone didn't, and that was a huge decision.

Gattuso's man management also seems to have went to shit, because the team isn't fighting like lions. They used to. They used to show this hunger, but I haven't seen that since Juve.

It's going to hurt to sack Gattuso. It hurt to sack Pippo and it hurt to sack Seedorf, and it's fucking annoying.

I blame the idiots (Galliani, Fassone, and Mirabelli) that hired our inexperienced and unqualified legends to manage this club instead of qualified and proven managers. I’ll always love Inzaghi, Seedorf, and Gattuso, they just had no business managing the club.

Gattuso has fallen apart since the 4th minute of the Inter match. His decisions during that game and since have helped ensure Milan’s decline. Everything from the way we capitulated to Inter to the way the club handled the row between Kessie and literal trash Biglia was wrong and Milan has just been in free fall since. The squad and Gattuso’s response to that defeat really shows that neither is good enough. The squad needs a overhaul and a new manager.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
I knew since the Inter game, Milan was not gonna make top 4.

Same failing lineup as always. What was it that Einstein said? Lunacy is trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results? Might have paraphrased it but still valid.

Didn't even watch the game, who wants to see this shit? I'd rather be stuck in traffic or sit in a lobby reading strange niche magazines.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, the penalty was cheap, maybe even wrong, but they got denied a legit one a few minutes earlier.

If Romagnoli wants to be taken seriously by the refs then he should stop complaining about every decision going against us like an idiot. He even ran to the ref to complain after Suso's clear tactical foul.

As I said earlier, players want to win too and they get desperate when nothing is working and you have a manager that can only tell you to "show up" and "play harder".

When you are so shit you are desperate for every little thing and it grows on the ref's nerves over time. Not saying some of the flat out shit decisions against us are right, but how we play affects how our players behave and in my eyes we will continue to lose all the 50/50 calls if we don't improve.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Last 5 seasons..average league finish is 7

-_-

We were 4th yesterday, April 27th.

3rd in March.

This one is a bit different.

Some of those 6-8th finishes were achieved after some ladder-climbing at the end.:lol:

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You give a straight red for a fucking clap?

Lol. I want to see the ref defenders explain that. Since you hate Milan and love refs, explain to me that.

Not defending the ref, but I remember it happening to Sneijder in the Milan derby in like the 10th minute of the game. Obviously it was the wrong decision then too. I do think that Khedira also received a straight red for clapping 2 years ago. Rooney too for international duty.

At the end of day, it should have been a second yellow for Romagnoli.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
I blame the idiots (Galliani, Fassone, and Mirabelli) that hired our inexperienced and unqualified legends to manage this club instead of qualified and proven managers. I’ll always love Inzaghi, Seedorf, and Gattuso, they just had no business managing the club.

Gattuso has fallen apart since the 4th minute of the Inter match. His decisions during that game and since have helped ensure Milan’s decline. Everything from the way we capitulated to Inter to the way the club handled the row between Kessie and literal trash Biglia was wrong and Milan has just been in free fall since. The squad and Gattuso’s response to that defeat really shows that neither is good enough. The squad needs a overhaul and a new manager.

Yeah , Seedorf had no business managing Milan, yet he has probably got the best point ratio till now and immediately improved allegri's results by a mile :lol:

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I'm fuming right now, but i'm seriously done, not gonna watch Milan play until we hire a competent coach.

It's simply not worth it.

We are shit ...but don't give up on your team bro.... c'mon you are an OG member here

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As I said earlier, players want to win too and they get desperate when nothing is working and you have a manager that can only tell you to "show up" and "play harder".

When you are so shit you are desperate for every little thing and it grows on the ref's nerves over time. Not saying some of the flat out shit decisions against us are right, but how we play affects how our players behave and in my eyes we will continue to lose all the 50/50 calls if we don't improve.

He has been doing this all season though. Even during the highs.
If he wants favors or better treatment from the refs then he should confronting the refs to complain even after clear fouls.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
On the referee, I thought he was quite bad:
- Ansaldi should have had a yellow
- Conti's studs up tackle was a red card in my opinion
- The penalty I would not give - however, there was a clear penalty to Torino a few minutes before when Mussachio was bear-hugging and dragged Belotti down when he had a clear header on an empty net. Torino definitely deserved a penalty but it was on the earlier challenge, although Kessie was stupid to make a push like that.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
In addition, Piatek should have started, but I don't think it would have made a difference. From what I've seen, he really struggles against physical defenders - I'm not just talking about players that are big/strong, but teams that play very compact where defenders can bully you. Torino is the perfect example of that. He also really struggled against Skriniar, in addition to Lazio's physical defenders. I believe he played 3 games vs. Lazio and struggled in all 3. Service is bad, but I think he needs better movement as certain teams are very good at reading him. When the same defence can shut you down in 3 games, it becomes a bit of a problem.

Schedule