Week 24: Milan - Torino 17/2/20 20.45 CET

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Castillejo should’ve taken the shot instead of Ibrahimovic, then you had a whole different game

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Kessie did really well today and against Juve. Hope he can be more consistent now like this.

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
Don't bet on Gabbia wasn't tested enough and looked lost on the pitch.
Ibra is Ibra even in his worst days.
Bennacer :star:
The team looked tired, second half was so static.. I remember Allegri days when the tempo was going high on second halfs.. that's what top tiers teams do.. we're still far from doing this.
Anyway.. 3pts.. forza milan ☆

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Either Kessie needs to step up and shield him better or we need to get someone to can. He is asked to be way too terrier for my taste.

Beautiful player tho

That’s the way he plays. Nothing to do with Kessie. He just needs to change his game up a bit.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
I like that the tram is actually displaying some sort of an identity, even if it needs improvement sometimes.

I think what's really given Pioli the edge over previous coaches is his experience. He seems to read players' abilities better than themselves.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't bet on Gabbia wasn't tested enough and looked lost on the pitch.
Ibra is Ibra even in his worst days.
Bennacer :star:
The team looked tired, second half was so static.. I remember Allegri days when the tempo was going high on second halfs.. that's what top tiers teams do.. we're still far from doing this.
Anyway.. 3pts.. forza milan ☆

We had to intense games in a row. It makes sense we tired.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I really hope Gabbia becomes our next great CB. I hope that Calabria can get his head right and become the next great RB.

Kessie looked very good today, he deserves credit for today, he really does.

Gabbia atleast looks like he has some pace in his legs which all of the other CB's lack. Calabria will never become a great RB but he has talent for more.

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
Gabbia looks a bit like Rugani, hope he is tougher.
Fiorentina has better attack, but they let opponent play football. Torino is a rugby team

Absolutely, they are physically very demanding team. Very tough to play against. And man, they are dirty . A butcher team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Zlatan nervous and a bitnout of steam, realistically, good effort but poor game...

Rebic and Roma MOTM. Benna good, Theo tried but kacked quality.

Calabria needs a season full loan. Gabbia looks very good...

Mid: kessie solid but runs into nothing 50% of the time, Paq completely immaturr for this level of football sadly. Some good mobes, ran a lot but some horrible choices.

3 pts and lets hope we play 20% better next one. 2nd half pretty bad...

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I haven't really been fond of him during his time at the club, but Kessie was excellent tonight and has been so in recents.

I believe his recent performances is a result of the 442 formation change, as he's better suited to play in a 2-man midfield.

In essence...

At Atalanta under Gasperini, where he made a name for himself, he played in a 2-man midfield and shone.

I can only hope he'll maintain this consistency till the end of the season.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I haven't really been fond of him during his time at the club, but Kessie was excellent tonight and has been so in recents.

I believe his recent performances is a result of the 442 formation change, as he's better suited to play in a 2-man midfield.

In essence...

At Atalanta under Gasperini, where he made a name for himself, he played in a 2-man midfield and shone.

I can only hope he'll maintain this consistency till the end of the season.

Would also allow us to focus on other parts of the team more in summer. If he continues to give solid performances we only need a good replacement for Biglia, ideally one with experience but good enough to challange for a starting spot. Pobega for further depth and double pivot is more than covered.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We are 8th, tied with Verona and Parma for 6th place. EL is more than obtainable. CL is 10 points away so unless Atalanta really screw up, we can wave goodbye.

6th.

H2H advantage on Verona (won away, drew at home)
H2H advantage on Parma (won away, home game yet to be played)

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
Would also allow us to focus on other parts of the team more in summer. If he continues to give solid performances we only need a good replacement for Biglia, ideally one with experience but good enough to challange for a starting spot. Pobega for further depth and double pivot is more than covered.

Doesn't Pordenone have an option on Pobega though?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely, they are physically very demanding team. Very tough to play against. And man, they are dirty . A butcher team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea we lucked out that the cunt Izzo was not available for them

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kjaer injury is a huge down tho. He really impressed me in recent weeks. Very elegant player, good foot, has very good long balls (noticed it especially in the Juve game when his long balls were better than those of Bonucci who is kinda famous for it).

Glad to see that Gabbia hat a good game too. Hopefully this wasn't just a fluke.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Apparently they have an option but we have a re buy option.

That's right. I wonder what the option price is, according to Transfermarkt Pordenone's record transfer is 200k and that's the only player they've ever actually paid for, every other transfer has been a free transfer. :eek:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
9f73a13da65216334ab61197f6f4e70f.jpg

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I've really enjoyed watching us in this 4231 formation, and it seems to work really well for our characteristics.

Ibra hold up play upfront brings the 3 attacking players into dangerous areas. Rebic is explosive. His turn is something else and his engine will be crucial in finishing games. Just needs to work on his final touch. Really impressed with his determination in the last game. Samu is getting better every game.

The wingers are always covered by the full backs, and they have more players to target for a cross when cutting in. We're finally having our wingers link up, because each player in the attacking three is capable of playing on every side and the middle.

Kessie can work on breaking up plays and doesn't need to try connecting midfield to attack anymore (which imo he was never very good at but always tried to do in our 433). He needs to improve his movement, because Bennacer is covering alot of ground alone.

Bennacer has been amazing, what a fantastic purchase. Really owning this midfield, alot better than his nervy start earlier this season. I pray he doesn't get injured or banned for crucial games.

Hakan and Paqueta offer very different options behind the striker. Paq isn't as direct but is capable of making something out of nothing with his vision. I think he could grow really well in this role, just needs time. Hakan has great build up play and can do those link up plays. Just needs to improve his decision making.

The defence is the last piece. I feel like none of our full backs can put in top quality crosses, including Theo. Calabria has been solid, but I think this is going to be as good as it gets. Definitely should be a priority area alongside CF in the summer. Alessio had his best game of the season. Imagine we had two defenders of his quality, unfortunately, Kjaer, Musa and Gabbia (still unknown) aren't good enough to take us to the next level.

Love how this squad has become better at adapting to new formations, I thought 433 is all they knew, even if they weren't very good at it. Credit to Pioli for taking his time adapting to the new roles and for what must be, some quality training sessions.

Really looking forward to all our games moving forward, let's keep the momentum going. Forza Milan.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
6th.

H2H advantage on Verona (won away, drew at home)
H2H advantage on Parma (won away, home game yet to be played)

Annoying that almost every source incorrectly ranks the table by goal difference.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

Pobega needs playing time, i don't want him to be a 4th choice at Milan.

I would prefeer an upgrade on Kessie. Kessie looks very good in recent games, but still having him as a starter and Krunic as first backup seems wrong to me.

A better player to start and Kessie as rotation player for both him and Bennacer is the best choice, they would all play enough games and we won't fear too much if any of them is missing.

Schedule