The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mirabelli: “We are improving in all aspects”

Bonucci: “The derby changed us, I have a contract with Milan until 2022”

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
imagine adding the best regista of last 25years and best b2b of past 15 years and expecting the team to continue finishing 7th...

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
imagine winning a scudetto unbeaten with a team that finished 7th

imagine winning a PL in your first season in england with a team that finished 10th

imagine preferring a man that never won a single title over a proven multiple time champion.

Not to mention taking a weak Italy to Euro semifinals and only getting eliminated on penalties.

I hope our management doesn't think playing beautiful (which is subjective) > proven results and titles.

Conte is the go to go guy for clubs who want to fix a toxic atmosphere.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
GATTUSO: AC MILAN’S PROBLEMS DON’T END NOW

“Playing with an old-fashioned striker is no longer the norm, and Milan haven’t had one for 4-5 years,” Gattuso told the press.

“Then at the first sign of issues we almost threw the game away today, but I don’t think we are missing a striker.

“Recently, Suso has had a tough time scoring, but the important thing is to get in the right positions and create chances.

“It is true to say that given the amount we are working, we aren’t scoring much.”

“During the week, Calhanoglu was knocking down the door and today he created some good opportunities today,” Gattuso continued.

“He played well, as did Biglia. The whole team played well. However, our problems won’t end with the win today, the players we have are all quality.

“But we have to improve on the things we don’t do well, such as when we are under pressure from our opponents.

“Obviously I’m happy Leo scored, but that isn’t his job, he has to play in his area [of the pitch].

Asked whether or not Milan are a strong side mentally or physically, Gattuso was unequivocal in his response.

“Both go hand in hand,” he went on. “We can get more out of ourselves than before. Victories help, which makes you better from a mental level. Right now you hear more applause from the fans than whistles.”

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to mention taking a weak Italy to Euro semifinals and only getting eliminated on penalties.

I hope our management doesn't think playing beautiful (which is subjective) > over proven results.

Conte is the go to go guy for clubs who want to fix a toxic atmosphere.

:thumbsup:

sarri doesn't even play beautiful football, I think those who think he plays beautiful football never watched a pep team, klopp's dortmund, ancelotti's milan, zigoat's RM, ancelotti's RM & chelsea, wenger's famous arsenal, fergie's united circa 2006-2009 etc.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The Rumour Commode XXII: Mirabelli vs Raiola; Fassone vs UEFA

yeah im sure sarri would play his "total football" with mm17 on the wing and matuidi and khedira as RCM/LCM LOL

so pjanic, marchisio, douglas costa, bernadeschi doesn’t play for juve?

Sarri the goat he is converted a 10million winger to a striker and made him score 28 goals. While he also made a serial choker break a 50+ years record.

Dybala would end in #3 behind messi and cristiano if he was coached by sarri

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would guess Silva is gone by the end of the month in a World Cup year where he is barely playing. Question is whether on loan or outright. Regardless of what rumors say, we need a winger and mid for at least depth purposes even if they are just loans.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Sarri is a bad coach Qaas but he has the same problem as current Pep. He has no plan B when his plan A fails.

He's not tactically flexible like Allegri or Conte and it really shows when he ends up losing against a well organised midtable team.

Iguessthisisit

Primavera
Reaction score

sarri doesn't even play beautiful football, I think those who think he plays beautiful football never watched a pep team, klopp's dortmund, ancelotti's milan, zigoat's RM, ancelotti's RM & chelsea, wenger's famous arsenal, fergie's united circa 2006-2009 etc.

The media hyped them up earlier this year and it all went to theirs heads. Pep also destroyed Sarri with the mind games. Napoli can't handle compliments, they became cocky. Last season they finished 3rd in Serie A, and struggled in a CL group cointaning teams like Dynamo Kiev, Benfica, Besiktas.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
on another note :g: spent last 10 years 450m on transfers.
he signed 2 wc players(zlatan and ts33) 3-4 kids with high potential(pato, ses, suso, roma) and some way past it legends(kaka, cassano, ronnie r80)
all the other players sucked hard 99% of the time.

and you guys still wondering why after spending 200m we still are mid table material

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Conte over Sarri everyday. In the state the club is in at least. We need a megalomaniac coach that will milk the most out of the team. Sarri is a gamble. I like his football better, but fuck it, cant make another mistake

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why dont you mention who he signed before the last 10 years...

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
The media hyped them up earlier this year and it all went to theirs heads. Pep also destroyed Sarri with the mind games. Napoli can't handle compliments, they became cocky. Last season they finished 3rd in Serie A, and struggled in a CL group cointaning teams like Dynamo Kiev, Benfica, Besiktas.

thats true but Sarri has nothing to do with it. The city and their troll-president are enough.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
he signed greats of the game.but who wouldnt with the amount of money he had.

as soon as the club started showing financial problems most of his transfers went shit. Huntelaar, Ricardo Oliveira and such. Even before that he was the guy to spend on Jose Mari, Javi Moreno, and all that.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
as soon as the club started showing financial problems most of his transfers went shit. Huntelaar, Ricardo Oliveira and such. Even before that he was the guy to spend on Jose Mari, Javi Moreno, and all that.

that too

but that wasnt my point. my point is if we continue going for average players to fill gaps we are not going to build a team like in the past, even if we have cunte , sarri or whoever wc coach you want to name..

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
also TS33 wasnt WC when he signed him. wasnt rly hard to sign him, no big club was on him, the scouts were responsible for those transfers. Galliani would've signed Jackson M. if it was about his taste :lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
How anyone could prefer Sarri to Conte is beyond me.

I mean, Sage's list about the improvements he has made is beyond what anyone should need.

Not even mentioning Italy.

With their weakest era in generations, he gets them to the semis and out on penalties ... and the manager after doesn't qualify for World Cup.

Sarri is good, fine, but there's not even a question.

Conte vs Sarri is like asking if you want Pep or Pulis.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
fact is that team was shit in almost every position (and assuming that every big club has 2-3 players for every position we talk about 25-30 players)

assuming that a very good player cost aroung 50m nowadays we ll need at least 500m to be top again(if we count that wc strikers cost over 100m then thats going to be over 700m)

but even if most dont see it, our team is a lot better than last year.in many positions.we dont have the attacking/creative players to make this matter as goals or points.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ironically enough we have a very good base for the future but we don't have the players to fill the gap between present and future, so our young players are always in danger of stagnating so quick.

A good coach and 3-4 smart signings will hopefully fix that.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How anyone could prefer Sarri to Conte is beyond me.

I mean, Sage's list about the improvements he has made is beyond what anyone should need.

Not even mentioning Italy.

With their weakest era in generations, he gets them to the semis and out on penalties ... and the manager after doesn't qualify for World Cup.

Sarri is good, fine, but there's not even a question.

Conte vs Sarri is like asking if you want Pep or Pulis.

typical kuja...

mention me one team sarri has coached whose roster was as strong as conte's juve or chelsea(ofc conte made some players what they are today like bonucci but sarri does that too with khoulibally, ghoulam, mertens, insigne etc). so why we should compare titles when odds are not even

also you dont understand that by mentioning italy u enchant arguments about sarri, cause conte won absolutely nothing with italy(double standards ? ).

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
typical kuja...

mention me one team sarri has coached whose roster was as strong as conte's juve or chelsea(ofc conte made some players what they are today like bonucci but sarri does that too with khoulibally, ghoulam, mertens, insigne etc). so why we should compare titles when odds are not even

also you dont understand that by mentioning italy u enchant arguments about sarri, cause conte won absolutely nothing with italy(double standards ? ).

The point was that Conte took over teams that had finished 7th or 10th and took them to first.

Sarri took over teams in 2nd and took them to... 2nd, or even 3rd.

It's not titles necessarily. Sarri is 'nice football'. Conte is winning.

Sarri hasn't been in a comparative environment but I can say with 100% certainty that Sarri would not have got that team to the semifinals.

Conte is effectively the embodiment of every "Pep couldn't hack it at Sunderland" argument. Conte could and Conte has.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

“Napoli doesn’t even play beautiful football”

giphy.gif

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
For me I prefer Conte over Sarri for now.

Conte will bring grinta, a winning mentality and will make the side very hard working. We would be very strong in the league for sure. However, Conte's style does not seem to be super effective in the CL and he has underachieved there.

While I really like Sarri's football, and think if he had the investment of a top team with a big club mentality behind him he would be successful, he has also shown that his teams can get overrun.

Overall, Sarri's footballing philosophy is closer to the Milan way than Conte, but Conte is much more needed now for us. Two to three seasons of Conte and then someone like Sarri would be my preference.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
We should get Barella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule