Paolo Maldini Thread

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
Yuchen Li said:
But I think he'd better retire or on the bench. There are 2 reasons: first, his body and condition don't as good as before. Second, he should give Kalader or other defenders opportunities to play.
Noooo! He still has it! The day Maldini leave, I will cry like a baby...

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Roksana said:
Noooo! He still has it! The day Maldini leave, I will cry like a baby...
I think you are a female:tongue: !!! Do you know there is a famous Chinese saying by all the Milan's female fans, that is :" if you can pass Maldini, you will be cursed by us. If you can't pass Maldini, you will be laugh at by us. "
Maldini has the most Milan's female fans in China.
But I really think Maldini should consider to retire or on the bench........:cool:

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan captain Paolo Maldini is confident of being fit for the next stage of the UEFA Champions League.

The veteran defender has been sidelined since early December with a leg problem, but is targeting the crucial encounter against Bayern Munich on February 21 as his return date.

"I'm getting better. The treatment has been helping me and I believe I'll be back in action within three weeks. The main aim is to be completely fit for the Champions League," he explained.

"The medical staff have warned me to be careful, so I have to follow their advice to avoid a relapse."

Milan's form has dipped while Maldini has been out, with The Rossoneri slipping to fourth in Serie A, but the Italian insists it is purely a coincidence.

"My absence has not influenced the team's results," he claimed.

"It's true that we are not doing well compared to Juventus, but I don't think my team-mates are missing me. Sometimes one lapse in concentration is enough to change the course of a game."

source: planetfootball.com

Sounds to me that he'll miss the game against Bayern...

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
TheGrinch said:
Milan captain Paolo Maldini is confident of being fit for the next stage of the UEFA Champions League.

The veteran defender has been sidelined since early December with a leg problem, but is targeting the crucial encounter against Bayern Munich on February 21 as his return date.

"I'm getting better. The treatment has been helping me and I believe I'll be back in action within three weeks. The main aim is to be completely fit for the Champions League," he explained.

"The medical staff have warned me to be careful, so I have to follow their advice to avoid a relapse."

Milan's form has dipped while Maldini has been out, with The Rossoneri slipping to fourth in Serie A, but the Italian insists it is purely a coincidence.

"My absence has not influenced the team's results," he claimed.

"It's true that we are not doing well compared to Juventus, but I don't think my team-mates are missing me. Sometimes one lapse in concentration is enough to change the course of a game."

source: planetfootball.com

Sounds to me that he'll miss the game against Bayern...

We miss Paolo's experience and leadership!! Get well soon!

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
I think if Maldini plays as a LB instead of Serginho, our LB will safe and he can have a good teamwork to help Nesta+Stam ( if they play as the CB ).
Our great captain !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AFTERNOON TRAINING INCLUDED MALDINI
1/20/2006
MILANELLO - Paolo Maldini took part in today’s training session, the first since his injury in December. The captain did a series of 100 metre sprints that totaled 1800 metres. Cafu also worked outside on pace difference exercises. The rest of the team worked with the ball and then focused on defensive tactics. An eight against eight practice game finished the session on the half pitch. Milan will start training tomorrow at 11am.

[Source: ACMilan.com]

Forza Maldini!

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milanist said:
AFTERNOON TRAINING INCLUDED MALDINI
1/20/2006
MILANELLO - Paolo Maldini took part in today’s training session, the first since his injury in December. The captain did a series of 100 metre sprints that totaled 1800 metres. Cafu also worked outside on pace difference exercises. The rest of the team worked with the ball and then focused on defensive tactics. An eight against eight practice game finished the session on the half pitch. Milan will start training tomorrow at 11am.

[Source: ACMilan.com]

Forza Maldini!
Does this message mean maybe he can play when Milan VS Siena ?:)

tmilan

Marius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chiricheș
A good day

JANUARY 20: A GOOD DAY
1/20/2006
MILAN - Paolo Maldini made his debut in Serie A on January 20, 1985 with AC Milan in Udine. Twenty-one years later, on January 20, 2006, Milan’s captain is back to training with his team at Milanello. It seems that January 20 is a good day indeed for Paolo Maldini.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Rino, Nesta
He is so consistent, 20 years and he is still so awesome. I can't wait to see him play again. January 22???

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Does Maldini's father is a LB or CB when he played football ?
What position of Maldini's son ?

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Yuchen Li said:

for his father i have no idea

but i think that CHRISTIAN his Son play Midfilder

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DugiNesta said:
for his father i have no idea

After Maldini retire, who will wear the number "3" ? Maybe none can wear it ( like Barise's number 6 ), maybe his son will wear it.

KingSheva

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yuchen Li said:
Pretty sure he played at the centre of the defence... Im going by that 1963 win at wembley.

grande_sheva7

Nesta's calm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Fanta Sheva, Pippo mio, Pirletto, Pato, Sandro Nesta, Willy Wonka
if his son plays for milan he will wear the number 3, galliani said its waiting for him...and im pretty sure he plays right back, well thats wat he plays with one of the youth squads

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
DugiNesta said:

Well Maldini(Paolo), has said several times that he started as a stricker, then he became a midfielder, and then a defender, so Christian still has a lot of time to change positions, until the right one comes.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Yuchen Li said:
After Maldini retire, who will wear the number "3" ? Maybe none can wear it ( like Barise's number 6 ), maybe his son will wear it.
Nobody will ever wear the number 3 again. Those are the words of Galliani, that once appeared on the official website

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hope Maldini's son will become a LB and become Milan's Captain in the future. But I think his son must have large stress.......
Does Maldini will retire after next season ?

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
Yuchen Li said:
I hope Maldini's son will become a LB and become Milan's Captain in the future.QUOTE]
hopefully he'd have become our coach by then ;)

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sidd@acmilan said:
Yuchen Li said:
I hope Maldini's son will become a LB and become Milan's Captain in the future.QUOTE]
hopefully he'd have become our coach by then ;)
I think if Polo Maldini become Milan's coach, he is better than Ancelotti. Does Baresi is Milan young players' coach ???

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yuchen Li said:
I think if Polo Maldini become Milan's coach, he is better than Ancelotti.
Maldini said a long time ago that he's not interested in coaching Milan, so that's not gonna happen.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Yuchen Li said:
I hope Maldini's son will become a LB and become Milan's Captain in the future. But I think his son must have large stress.......
Does Maldini will retire after next season ?
Considering that Paolo is Cesare's son, it shouldn't be a problem to deal with the expectations

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan needs to wait for Maldini to "solve" the problem. I don't mean Maldini's defense skill can solve the problem, in fact, Nesta, Stam, even Kaladze ( if he has a super-condition ) is super defender. But i find that Milan's defenders cannot pay attention to the game, and they cannot have a good teamwork. I think the most important problem is that Milan's defenders don't have a leader after Maldini retired.
If Maldini can play, all the defenders will become better and better.
But Milan should try to find a new defender in the defense as a leader. Kaladzer can't become the leader although he is the captian in his country. Cafu, Stam, Costarcurta will leave or retire after this season. Simic is a bench. Maybe we can get 2-3 new defenders, but they can't become the leader in thire 1st season. So the only choice is Nesta, when he played in Lazio, he was the captain.
Milan only has European Champion Cup can win, our defenders can't make any mistakes, at this time, we need Maldini, need our great captian to lead the defenders have good teamwork and come back the "Milan Spirit".

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
BMWTaylor said:
Maldini said a long time ago that he's not interested in coaching Milan, so that's not gonna happen.

But that was long time ago and he would be a great coach,better than ancelotti anyway

THE TIME HAS COME-ANCELOTTI MUST
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

GOTTA HAVE HOPE :star:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Torcida said:
But that was long time ago and he would be a great coach,better than ancelotti anyway
A long time? It was about six months ago.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Torcida said:

THE TIME HAS COME-ANCELOTTI MUST
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

GOTTA HAVE HOPE :star:
If Maldini really doesn't want to become the coach, i think he can't become the coach. I mean, people do something they like to do, if he is interested in something, he will work hard and try to success. ( Like Maldini is 37, but he still keep the good condition, because he likes football and loves Milan ).
By the way, i don't know if this idea is right, i think most captain and defenders or DM if become a coach, maybe they will greater than some strikers and AM.;)

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
I think that maybe down the line, Maldini could be a coach, but not right now. He probably wants to spend time with his family, something he hasn't been able to do on a consistent basis...ever. In 5-10 years, we might see him on the sidelines.

KingSheva

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
msiddiqu said:
I think that maybe down the line, Maldini could be a coach, but not right now. He probably wants to spend time with his family, something he hasn't been able to do on a consistent basis...ever. In 5-10 years, we might see him on the sidelines.
I'm not so sure. Maldini has been asked on a number of occasions if he would like to continue on a coaching level once his playing career has come to an end. He is a man of principle and doesn't go back on his word.

If he puts his mind to something, very rarely will he change his opinion. Look at his international retirement for example.

But on the otherhand you do have a point regarding family matters. Maybe when Christian is putting on that sacred no.3 jersey his father will be stood in the dugout screaming instructions at him!

Aaaaah, we can but dream. :tongue:

Schedule