Week 15: Benevento - Milan 03/01/2021 18:00 CET

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I hope so. But I dont think so. I think we will go into battle with Krunic and Leao, which is fine.

We have only seen a full strength Milan once or twice this season. I also think teams play so ultra defensive against us, we don't get to carve them up.

Inter played ugly and dirty, so did Napoli and Roma. We still haven't been at full strength yet. I hope we can do that.

Tonali is a kid. He fucked up. He will learn. The fact we won means he can learn his lesson without hurting the team. He's going to be harsh on himself, and he won't be able to play against Juve.

Conti and Samu hitting form would be a huge relief for us.

Yeah, wishful thinking on Ibra... but at least be on the bench... 20mins in his legs.

Not worried abt Tonali. 20yo kid... these things are to be expected.

Happy for Conti... nice cut-off at the end there.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Damn you are pissed off easy.
The expectations were CL places. We re first now, thats great.

I would like nothing more then beating the shit out of Juventus. But lets be honest.
If we re managing a draw against them, it will be okay.
Even a loss isnt the end off the race.

I dont suggest a lose or draw. But it will not be a disaster

i have no anger or resentment. it was a weak willed comment that is all. you don't have to be so offended and feel the need to defend yourself.

I would like nothing more then beating the shit out of Juventus. But lets be honest.

comment is of far more championship quality like this

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Damn you are pissed off easy.
The expectations were CL places. We re first now, thats great.

Agree with you here. Expectation is 4th, anything else is great sure, but not the goal. Juventus are doing much better lately, we're going to be missing Ibra, Bennacer and now Tonali. It will be a very tough game and a draw isn't the worst result. Read the Commode, posted Pioli's post-game. Even he said a draw/loss isn't the end of the world, we're still well on course and it doesn't change anything.

Sure, we all want to win - we'd be super disappointed not to. But at the end of the day, if we don't then there's still over half a season to go.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Arguably one of the dumbest ever discussions on this forum

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

they are building a nice partnership. maybe we will see the side takers of that debate instead build a nice partnership to match

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Kessie put in a rather normal first half. Then he decides he’s going to take all their team in the second half of the second half and does it making it look easy. I do think though Benaccer brings the best out of him.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Great result, though Lady Luck was on our side, along with Dollarrumma (sign that new contract btw!). I am just enjoying the moment, as I'm thrilled to see ACM still at the very top of the table - still unbeaten - as the only side in Europe's top 5 leagues.

Stunning achievement, great display by both players and Pioli.

It will be tough vs Juve, but luckily they have an amateur in Pirlo on their bench, just like we had Seedorf, Pippo etc - so chances are slightly better that Milan will beat the shit out of them :devilfir:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Donna yells at whoever he wants and non of the players respond negatively. :lol: He’s 21, but I think everyone treats him like he’s a veteran.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
tonali had a poor game. i dont think anyone could argue otherwise.

calling him a fraud on the otherhand to which a few are implying is the same situation we saw with locatelli and look at what the criticizers say about loca now.

Not the same case. First off Locatelli was a Primavera product and cost us nothing. Nobody wanted him out. He forced his way out to get some playing time. Not showing faith in him was on our coach. The fans loved him.

Tonali is getting hate because he has been consistently poor this season and today?s red card just made it worse. Plus, he was our only ?big money? signing this summer. Folks just thought he?d be more polished than a Primavera product. So far his performances have been worse than Locatelli?s performances with us, IMO. Loca was 18-19 at the time.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Donna yells at whoever he wants and non of the players respond negatively. :lol: He?s 21, but I think everyone treats him like he?s a veteran.

It?s crazy. At the end he shouted and Leao for rushing the counter, at Casti for slicing his clearance, and kept encouraging every good defensive action. True leader and he?s the real captain of the team.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
do you understand what domination means?

in what way did we submit to their domination? If there is a domination there must by nature be a submission.

our boys fought a man down, put on an excellent defensive display, won 2-0, and caused inzaghis team to fuck up their chances and caused them to resort to falling like leaves in autumn.

dude you are embarassing yourself. You said something stupid, just admit it.
They had 1.5 more posession, 2.5 more shots and shots on target.
How can you not call it domination?

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think his point was that we chose to cede possession and play a low block, both to reduce space in midfield after the sending off and to maximize the threat that Leao and Rebic provide on the break. We literally didn't want the ball, and only maintained possession to give the defenders a breather. We never committed players forward and always kept men back. It was a self imposed tactic and not something that Benevento forced on us. The fact that they have very few clear cut chances with all this possession and shots on goal proves that it was a good decision.

The penalty could have turned the game around as it would have been a huge lift for them, but we got unlucky in other ways also.

T7tQQvN.png

They have a higher xG, but if you look at all the shots only the penalty and the Insigne flick at the near post were big chances. The rest were very minimally dangerous, but there were a lot of them.

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I feel like Krunic gets a lot of unwarranted hate here. He is not a starter but he is not bad either, and I appreciate that he gives his all whenever called upon and especially when asked to play in new positions. Also he is not bad on the ball and he has improved his overall game. Sometimes a run of game can show the qualities, imagine someone like Calhanoglu playing 70 mins every 10 games.. how much can he do?

As for the penalty they got i thought it was total bullshit, that Caprari guy tried to shield the ball and by doing so made contact with Krunic who was trying to block the shot. Modern football sucks because it always intends to harm the defender, its practically impossible to defend normally today, the likes of Baresi and Nesta would concede many PKs according to modern rules.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Didn't know we had a game today, thought the break was longer :fp:

Probably the 1st one I've missed in like 10 years.

Great goal by Leao, quick reaction.

Grazie for the 3pts boiz, Forza!

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

We done with this yet?

I hope we hear ?we were dominated? when we lift the scudetto

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We done with this yet?

I don't understand why some made such a big deal out of it in the first place. I just summarized the game:lol:

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
We done with this yet?

:lol::thumbsup:

hopefully we continue to get dominated if it means scoring twice and holding a cleansheet.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Apparently Leao and Henry are the same height, I don't remember Henry being as tall as Leao.

Leao needs to play as a striker. He also needs to press more, that's the only thing from holding him back. He does defensive work though, but he doesn't press in the attacking sense.

Great win. I hope Bennacer can come back for Juve. We need him.

Benna will not be fit.

Leao needs mental practice and learn the movents of CF. But mental issue 1st. Concentration above all.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
How did you guys feel about Dalot?

He did fine without being a standout.

He?s no Theo but he didn?t try complicate things too much. I?m happy with his current role and contribution

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I genuinely prefer to see the team go man down than up against these teams. Especially without Ibra and Bennacer. This is a counter-oriented team.

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone else sometimes get Seedorf vibes from Kessie? He’s a player that’s got quantity and quality attributes just like early Clarence did with us.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I genuinely prefer to see the team go man down than up against these teams. Especially without Ibra and Bennacer. This is a counter-oriented team.

Or... We could just realize this and openly embrace it so without Ibra we just play a low block and counter. Romagnoli would love it.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Or... We could just realize this and openly embrace it so without Ibra we just play a low block and counter. Romagnoli would love it.

Yep, I believe Ibra?s absence both required and forced a tactical switch.

Pioli tried target man Rebic and then Leao and it wasn?t effective. Switched to this counter attacking style and it benefitted both players immensely. It?s a different style than we won with after the COVID break, but it?s proving to be just as effective. Tactical flexibility is a sign of a great team.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
He did fine without being a standout.

He?s no Theo but he didn?t try complicate things too much. I?m happy with his current role and contribution

For me he's decent. Defensively i trust him in the 1 vs 1. But his positioning is a bit awkward sometimes. He leaves a lot of space for the opponents.