The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will make the final?
Orange 20 68.97%
Blue 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2010, 22:51   #1
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Default 1/2 - Uruguay (2) vs. Netherlands (3) - July 6th

20:30 Cape Town

Two times World Champion Uruguay will play two times finalists the Netherlands in Cape Town. The Dutch are unbeaten for 24 games in a row after beating Brazil while Uruguay also won every game since there opener against France.

Your thoughts, who will make the final?

Forgot to mention that the Netherlands will miss vd Wiel & de Jong while Urugay will be missing Fucile & Suarez.

Signature
San Paolo

Last edited by Sheva0172; 02-07-2010 at 23:14.
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 22:52   #2
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

No Suárez
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 22:53   #3
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Netherlands getting off easy
No this guy:

No this guy:

Probably not this guy:

It's gonna have to be alllll this guy:

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 22:55   #4
Cristina
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli

So Suarez, he'll be back for the 3rd place match right?
Cristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 22:58   #5
ww
Banned

Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Senatore, when you have giant testicles, you can do anything.

The only thing I'm afraid of is that Netherlands is the new version of Spain. Like one wasn't enough.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 23:06   #6
Fiero

Why isn't the poll public?

Uruguay will march to the final. This team is really underrated. C'mon La Celeste! Go on and win the World Cup!
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 23:17   #7
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
Why isn't the poll public?
I don't know, i didn't do antything different then other polls. Maybe a mod can help me/you?

Btw, whats up with your sig when you support Uruguay . Lost a bet?

Signature
San Paolo
Old 02-07-2010, 23:44   #8
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Yep lol. I like the Netherlands, and I was supporting them against Brazil. Bet on Brazil so it's a win win situation for me.

Netherlands don't convince me though. I mean, you've always been chokers (no offense) but played sexy football, maybe when you gave up the sexy football you could actually win something! Doesn't make sense I know... your defense kinda sucks though, that's my biggest concern. Germany & Argentina's defense is equally imo.

I would be happy if Netherlands won the World Cup though. I love the country and the people. So good luck man, you deserve it!
Well, offcourse we do not have the best defense of the World Cup but honestly think that v Bommel + de Jong is the best defensive midfield in the World Cup. v Bommel was our best performer against Denmark, Japan & Brazil.

But yes, we allways give away a couple of chances. Besides that the defense is doing really well. Apart from the first goal today Heitinga and Ooijer (who doesn't even have a club anymore) did really well and totally killed Robinho & Fabiano in the second half. Also Stekelenburg is doing a great job, his save on Kaka's shot was a real gamesaver.

And i also agree we aren't playing very well but the second half today we really outplayed Brazil. For the first time this tournament our defense pushed up to the midfield and our attackers put a lot of pressure on Juan & Lucio so they were forced to play the long ball over and over again. (Argentina & Germany have the same problem as well with Friedrich, Mertesacker, Samuel & Demichelis).

I'm not saying we are going to win the whole thing (well my line under my avatar is ) but i have a lot of faith in this group and in this coach. The second half was a lot better, to bad we didn't convert more chances (some where to easy to screw up.)

Btw, why wasn't Godin playing tonight? Is he also injured?

Signature
San Paolo
Old 02-07-2010, 23:47   #9
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

I don't want Holland to continue winning like a slightly more entertaining version of Brazil, be fun to watch for fuck sake.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 23:49   #10
ww
Banned

Fav. Players: Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16 View Post
I don't want Holland to continue winning like a slightly more entertaining version of Brazil, be fun to watch for fuck sake.
Brazil had a strong defense. Lost this game because of own mistakes + dutch diving.

Holland is an orange version of Spain.
ww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 23:52   #11
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitão Lugano View Post
Brazil had a strong defense. Lost this game because of own mistakes + dutch diving.

Holland is an orange version of Spain.
But that would make them an attacking force, which they've proven they really aren't. They're efficient and organised, and whilst that might well win them the whole thing, it's ugly to watch from a neutral point of view.

Probably going to be a Netherlands - Spain final, at least one of them is going to win a WC finally.
Old 02-07-2010, 23:56   #12
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
Probably going to be a Netherlands - Spain final, at least one of them is going to win a WC finally.
That's my fear (and what I predicted pre-WC), I hope Germany will play the final. Spain are worrying me, but if Swiss can beat Spain...
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 23:59   #13
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
but if Swiss can beat Spain...
It's quite scary that some managers haven't realised how to stop Spain yet, get everybody behind the ball and hope for a counter. They have too many midgets to break through with anything but quick passing, stop that and Spain are out of ideas, they just continue the same way. The Barca of the international stage, without Messi.

Argentina - Spain could be an exciting semi final, I'd fancy Spain based on them not having Maradona and having a semi capable defense.
Old 03-07-2010, 00:32   #14
OneUnited

As good as at has been seen to watch Diego show what a quality player he is, it's time for Uruguay to go.

Netherlands-Paraguay final, please...
OneUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:58   #15
AC_Wesley
¡YA BASTA!

Fav. Players: Antoine Griezmann, Andres Iniesta, Isco

Might sound arrogant, but that's okay...This match will be easy for us.

If we got beating...We are the biggest fools on this planet. Beating Brazil in Quarters and getting beaten by Uruguay in Semis.

Quote:
I would be happy if Netherlands won the World Cup though. I love the country and the people. So good luck man, you deserve it!
You betta.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:10   #16
Congo Powers
sempre grintuso

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, kp9

belanda all the way.

i'm tellin u dudes arge--ned final. been sayin that 4 like 5 weeks.

mufuckaz need 2 realize when prophecy is being spoken.
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:22   #17
anilak
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
belanda all the way.

i'm tellin u dudes arge--ned final. been sayin that 4 like 5 weeks.

mufuckaz need 2 realize when prophecy is being spoken.
:b eer:
anilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:31   #18
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
It's quite scary that some managers haven't realised how to stop Spain yet, get everybody behind the ball and hope for a counter. They have too many midgets to break through with anything but quick passing, stop that and Spain are out of ideas, they just continue the same way. The Barca of the international stage, without Messi.

Argentina - Spain could be an exciting semi final, I'd fancy Spain based on them not having Maradona and having a semi capable defense.
You make it sound like it's so easy? Tactical disapline for 90 minutes is insanely hard..... a piss poor italian side in euro 2008 could do it, and with pirlo prob woulda scored on a counter... the americans did it, the swiss did it.

on contrary, it's not like portugese weren't doing a good job of it until rocardo costa decided to show everyone why he's not an international quality FB. Otherwise they had plan too.... if they had a younger deco or osmeone to spring counter they might have scored.

u sit back and close down well, u just for force them to play negative posession... The problem is they can be content pasing back and forth for 60 mins and typically defensive team (without GREAT disapline will break, try and pressue ball and allow space for someone like villa to make run)

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:05   #19
acm55
Rossonero

0-2...
acm55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:39   #20
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
You make it sound like it's so easy? Tactical disapline for 90 minutes is insanely hard..... a piss poor italian side in euro 2008 could do it, and with pirlo prob woulda scored on a counter... the americans did it, the swiss did it.
I'm not saying it's easy, just teams are still going at them, which unless you're Argentina or a few others just isn't possible.