Official: Bruno Montelongo Thread

Diamond_Džeko

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato, Maldini, Rui Costa, Kaka, Cafu, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Ronaldinho
Report: Milan sign Montelongo

AC MILAN have secured the services of Montelongo.

il Corriere dello Sport reports on Tuesday that the Rossoneri have made another purchase, and after Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Marco Amelia, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Mario Amelia, Bruno Montelongo will join Allegri’s side.

It appears that Milan negotiated over the player few hours after the Trofeo Luigi Berlusconi, in dinner with River Plate’s director Paco Casal, and Adriano Galliani convinced the club to sell the player.

Montelongo, 22-year-old midfielder, 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in), joined the Uruguayan River Plate in 2007 and since then he played 39 official matches and scored three goals for his side.

His signing means Ignazio Abate will leave the club, most likely to move to Fiorentina or Genoa.

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
more failures from south america? cough cardacio and viudez cough cough. who the hell is this guy?

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
more failures from south america? cough cardacio and viudez cough cough. who the hell is this guy?

I am sure they got him cheap. If he fails, no big deal. If he works out, than its a great move. It's a no-risk situation IMO.

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
I am sure they got him cheap. If he fails, no big deal. If he works out, than its a great move. It's a no-risk situation IMO.

i know BUT i dont want galliani and silvio to complain about not having cash when they spend money on players such as this...naw mean?

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Link please?

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Milan never even gave these guys a chance. IMO, they didn't fail b/c they didn't play.

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
i know BUT i dont want galliani and silvio to complain about not having cash when they spend money on players such as this...naw mean?

I would guess they spent less than a mil to get this kid.

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
Milan never even gave these guys a chance. IMO, they didn't fail b/c they didn't play.

That is definitely a concern here. If they only give this kid a few Coppa games all year long, what do they expect him to do? They will then inevitably say he is a bust and ship him off.

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
they never impressed anyone enough to even get playing time...that is even worse than failing...plus ancelotti was the coach

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I guess he's to replace Abate as both can play all down the Right side.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Just did a little research he is also listed as defender ..
and good God I thought he came from River Plate Argentina instead it's from River Plate Uruguay. (never knew there was an Uruguayan club also called River Plate before :tongue::tongue:)

Tosho

Primavera
Reaction score
Another ''new Cafu'' on sight.. Grimi and Mationi welcome you..

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
they never impressed anyone enough to even get playing time...that is even worse than failing...plus ancelotti was the coach

Gourcuff didn't impress anyone either and look how that pan out. Also, a few minutes is not enough to get an accurate reading.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Boban, Kaka, Pirlo, T.Silva, Pato ...
Milan quite like young players from Uruguay ???

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Gourcuff didn't impress anyone either and look how that pan out. Also, a few minutes is not enough to get an accurate reading.

Few minutes is not,but months of training with the team give the coach a good look at player`s capabilities,don`t you think?

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Few minutes is not,but months of training with the team give the coach a good look at player`s capabilities,don`t you think?

Again you can mention Gourcuff who was here for 2 years I believe. I don't buy the they suck in training excuse. Milan has no patience to groom youngsters bar Pato who had massive hype. There were game would Milan blow out opposition and instead of bringing on youngster they brought on player like Emerson or Favalli.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, we sleep with Sebastian Coates and wake up with Montelongo? :(

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I heard we might not move for Coates because we have too many CB's but if we get rid of Kala then a deal could probably be found.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
HE SCORED A GOAL IN 2008!

I'm taking a wild guess by his name, he has an italian passport :D. Whatever, maybe he's a hidden gem, maybe not

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
My prayers heard. Asked for our scouts to do a Javier Hernandez, well they did a decent RB. That's not a bad thing at all..but Abate shouldn't be sacrificed. Not Abate. Dude's actually something like a RWF truely..that's where he's comfortable. Maybe a RAM. When we had to zip up at our goal-mouth Leo had to drag him back, and man he adapted FAST. That's good testament to his versatility. Two seasons ago in Torino he was like the best crosser of the ball in most of Italy. I'm not at all pleased with our selling Ignazio. Not at all. :( Is it a loan deal or something? I pray so..anyways, this Bruno 'Longo giant may just be a diamond for us. And wtf doesn't anyone remember we have a great player in the Gooch? Seems I'm the only one on this forum who guns for him..and that has NOTHING to do with his Nigerian blood..c'mon guys, Onyewu KICKS STRIKER ASS!!! :D

E

Esoteric

give me a break, whining over letting Abate go ? You'll end up whining over every primeavera player that spends a season with us if so. He's fast and that's all, will he improve ??maybe but bring me a 16 year old right now with any football talent , get him to train well with the youth and by age 20 he will develop as much as Abate AT LEAST. I like his passion, but just get over it.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
reports from italy saying both uruguyans are here montelongo and coates(dont know if we signed him aswell)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
+1 Esoteric. Abate simply isn't good enough, his shortcomings hugely outweigh his better points

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
if that's what happened why are you mad ?

I don't know Montelongo, maybe the guy is good, I don't know. But Coates is much more of a prospect, Uruguay International material with 19 years, you see.

They have the same agent (Paco Casal, who own half of the players in Uruguaian football). It's like we come for one and ended with the other...

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
+1 Esoteric. Abate simply isn't good enough, his shortcomings hugely outweigh his better points

Noooooooooooooo!!!
Guys, we're officially gonna regret this..offloading Bonera'd have been better (I know they play in different roles).
We're going to regret this. :mad:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Noooooooooooooo!!!
Guys, we're officially gonna regret this..offloading Bonera'd have been better (I know they play in different roles).
We're going to regret this. :mad:

No we aren't. It's like me complaining about shipping out Jankulovski. Except Jankulovski is probably better.

Schedule