Week 6: Milan - Fiorentina 29/09/19 20:45 CET

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Players called up:

PORTIERI:
Donnarumma A., Donnarumma G..

DIFENSORI:
Calabria, Conti, Duarte, Gabbia, Hernández, Musacchio, Rodríguez, Romagnoli.

CENTROCAMPISTI:
Bennacer, Biglia, Bonaventura, Çalhanoğlu, Kessié, Krunić, Paquetá.

ATTACCANTI:
Borini, Castillejo, Leão, Piątek, Rebić, Suso.

Paqueta returns.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Keep Piatek. Play 433 with leao-piatek-rebic

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Already a great deal of pressure, absolutely need a win and convincing performance. Forza Milan!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessie, Bennacer, Calhanoglu; Suso; Piatek, Leao [@DiMarzio]

Good if he subs out Suso in the second half

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I rather ww go with Piatek a bit longer. He had his best game against Torino. He only needs to finish the chances he gets

:star:

This. He was a hairs breadth off scoring from open play last game. If he suddenly bangs a couple tomorrow he might rediscover form.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Hoping Piatek bangs in three!
The reign of Giampaolo will begin (hopefully) and all doubters like myself will be silenced.

OR I hope we get slaughtered....lose 3-0 or more

A narrow win via a penalty/dodgy goal or worse - a narrow or narrow loss is the worse thing that could happen.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Optimism and Milan doesn't usually go hand in hand these days, but today?

Milan 2-0 Fiorentina.

Leao to score his first goal.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I dont know how Piatek will react if GP puts him on the bench. There's only 2 options, either it fires him up or it brings him down.

I rather ww go with Piatek a bit longer. He had his best game against Torino. He only needs to finish the chances he gets

I just wanted to see leao in his place for one match. He can’t do worse than that

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Piatek is finding himself in scoring positions and he’s seemingly working hard and better off the ball while also putting pressure on our opponents when they have the ball. Floodgates will open for him soon hopefully.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Drill into the players that constant selfishness will get them dropped from the team - Suso Hakan , Pjona!

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fiorentina starting to look like they might be gelling together which is typical. I wanna see a Milan possessed. Fighting done every ball and lost cause-they owe it to the fans. I want to see anger and determination. It’s something I’ve never seen in this team for years and don’t think we are capable of it but want it in bucket loads tonight

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Time to watch the drowning puppy die again...

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
L

tenor.gif

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
So how many goals will Ribery score tonight to help Viola win?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
After two consecutive defeats against Inter and Torino, Milan restarts tonight from the San Siro match against Fiorentina. About 50 thousand fans are expected this evening to push Giampaolo's team to success. In the guest sector there will be about 700 supporters of the Tuscan team who will be placed at the third green ring.

A worsening figure compared to the first two outings in front of its public for the company in via Aldo Rossi, which had registered about 56 thousand fans against Brescia and 70 thousand in the Milanese city of last week.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This better be bullshit.

Ricardo Rodriguez may get the nod over Theo Hernandez to start at left-back against Fiorentina, according to a report.

The Swiss international has not impressed in his first four starts of the season and was benched on Thursday night for the defeat against Torino.

Hernandez – who joined from Real Madrid in a €20m deal this summer – was picked over Rodriguez and instantly appeared to represent an upgrade.

Many assumed as a result that he would start on Sunday evening when Milan host Fiorentina at San Siro, however that might not be the case.

According to a report from il Corriere della Sera (via Calciomercato.com), head coach Marco Giampaolo is facing a dilemma as to who to start.

The outlet states that Giampaolo is ‘worried about the speed of Fiorentina winger Federico Chiesa’, and as such is considering player Rodriguez – a more defensive full-back – to neutralise the threat.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This better be bullshit.

Chiesa is not even being deployed as a winger lately.
Montella has fielded a 3-5-2 with him and Ribery at the front.
These were his avg positions in the last two games(he's nr 25):
yDEi1Sn.png

gN9d3C6.png

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yes, in the last few matches, he has been popping up as the free man in central positions all the time. I expect that to continue against Milan.

That report is just made up nonsense.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Rodriguez over Theo :lol:
1 step forward, 2 steps back, fall over your own feet and roll back down the entire mountain