Week 10: Milan vs Spal 31/10/19 21:00 CET

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Stop hating out of inertia. He was actually good this game and our only CB capable of long passes from the back.

1. The point of my post was to find out why he was subbed.
2. He is bad defender in general, not in particular game. He is weak, slow, bad in the air, awful 1 on 1. So, I'm hopeful that Duarte will start from now on

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I like Duarte. Let's start this man at CB.

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
What a bust Paquetta is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
this felt like Gattuso win, okay defense, goal from outside or FK.. dejavu :proud:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Thanks for the 3pts guys :heart:

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
disgusted with performance

pleased with result

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What I took from this match:

Duarte is a good player but not a RB, Piolis system needs more positive play from the RB than expected. However I liked the combination of Bennacer and Duarte in the center, Bennacer is not that physical for a DM so the physicality Duarte adds is very welcome.

Piatek is in far worse form than Suso or Calabria.

Suso is our best RW, Calabria our best RB. Deal with it.

Theo needs to get a little smarter, feels like clubs start to adapt to his frantic attacking.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
This game won't make you optimistic about our future and this season but 3 points are important now.

Btw, I really liked Ben.:thumbsup: Sometimes very risky but way better, faster and more agile than Biglia.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The more I watch Bennacer the more I think he'd be better suited to a CM role rather than a regista. I hope he grows into it.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Blegh, this was certainly not the 5-1 fantasia Samu hat-trick I was hoping to see. But hey, 3 points.
It hopefully brings back some calmness and confidence to this team.
I think Pioli learned a lot from this game. He knew he had an extreme, but his search for balance lead him to an extreme opposite. It will be much easier to find solutions now that he has found the boundaries.

I don’t have a problem with the RB positioning. He has brought Theo back as well. We are playing a proper 4 man defense here, not the 3 + Theo free. Not a good idea to pull back your only offensive threat.

I'm pretty sure that was not what Pioli had in mind, hence the early Musacchio-Calabria sub. The whole team, not just Theo, was pushed back by Spal. Duarte's positioning made it much harder to take the game to the opponent's half. It's bad enough that Bennacer, Kessie and co can't string a few passes together. They need all the help they can get from the fullbacks. I've mentioned it a few times, but (sadly) Calabria is like an engine to this team.
He showed what was missing when he came on.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Week 10: Milan vs SPAL 31/10/19 21:00 CET

I think Pioli learned a lot from this game. He knew he had an extreme, but his search for balance lead him to an extreme opposite. It will be much easier to find solutions now that he has found the boundaries.

Lool

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Lazio, @juve, napoli. If offered 1 point, i'll take it right now. No hesitation

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Blegh, this was certainly not the 5-1 fantasia Samu hat-trick I was hoping to see. But hey, 3 points.
It hopefully brings back some calmness and confidence to this team.

I'm pretty sure that was not what Pioli had in mind, hence the early Musacchio-Calabria sub. The whole team, not just Theo, was pushed back by Spal. Duarte's positioning made it much harder to take the game to the opponent's half. It's bad enough that Bennacer, Kessie and co can't string a few passes together. They need all the help they can get from the fullbacks. I've mentioned it a few times, but (sadly) Calabria is like an engine to this team.
He showed what was missing when he came on.

Hmm, I can agree with the latter - although Hakan's role was to take that defender off Theo which had happened in the Lecce game. But I don't have the confidence you seem to have in Pioli. Bennacer and Kessie looked like proper shit. What will he do now? Bring back Biglia and play Krunic? The midfield needs an immense amount of work.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
so spal players were aggressive against us and it was enough - piatek, hakan, samuel had 'disappointing' game.
hakan after good games turn into usual hakan, piatek isolated, bla bla bla, same old story
leao needs to play because he brings way too much for this limited attack, just give him free role somewhere around piatek...
maybe hakan performance depend also on leao doing more in attack than our other players.
duarte with ok game but limiting us when he is rb...

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Once again Suso is our savior :o
I said it once and I will say it again.
NOBODY can do what he does :o
(except Leao)

Last edited:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hmm, I can agree with the latter - although Hakan's role was to take that defender off Theo which had happened in the Lecce game. But I don't have the confidence you seem to have in Pioli. Bennacer and Kessie looked like proper shit. What will he do now? Bring back Biglia and play Krunic? The midfield needs an immense amount of work.

bennacer had a good game. he was tightly marked in the first half but still was able to do his thing. in second half, he was good. hakan was bad in first half but ok in second half. kessie was disappointing. he was asked to make those passes which he is clearly not suited to. he should just stick to simple passing combinations.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Cldnt watch the game but on paper we had more clear cut chances and possession .

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think the most important thing right now is to give a coach, who at least meets the minimum requirements, the time he needs to create something for the long-term out of this very flawed group. Pioli meets my minimum requirements, unlike Giampaolo, hence my support for him. He has the personality to lead, he shows good judgment, he doesn't overcomplicate things and the route he's taking, tactically, is in the right direction in my opinion.

Biglia should be a starter since he's the only remotely good anchor we have. Bennacer looks like a lost kid in what is a grown man's role.
Kessie is having a hard time trying to adapt to LCM. What looks like a small modification seems to be have confused and shackled him more than Giampaolo's never-ending instructions. Normally there's a lot of good and bad about his performances, but it was pretty much all bad against SPAL.

I know I've always complained about how disjointed this "team" looks, but the first half against SPAL was something else. It's like randomly picked incompatible individuals from all over the world were meeting for the first time. I'm not sure there was any understanding whatsoever between the midfielders.

I'd go back to the Paq-Biglia-Kessie midfield against Lazio.
They looked cohesive in comparison.
Krunic?
Paq-Biglia-Krunic, flanked by Calabria & Theo, seems too risky against Lazio.
But if Kessie continues to fuck around, then sure why not.

Last edited:

Schedule