Cafu Thread

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
36 years old :S .. and we extended his contract... ah Galliani..

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Happy birthday Cafu !

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
Happy Birthday, Cafu!!!!!!!!!!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :star: :star: :star:

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
Happy Birthdat Marcos :)

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Cafu could face prison over false passport affair
First Published: Jun 12, 2006

Brazil defender Cafu dries his face during a training match in Berlin. Cafu received a nasty surprise on the eve of his side's World Cup opener against Croatia when a magistrate demanded he be jailed for nine months over acquiring a European Union passport under false pretences.
Brazil captain Cafu received a nasty surprise on the eve of his side's World Cup opener against Croatia when a magistrate demanded he be jailed for nine months over acquiring a European Union passport under false pretences.

A local judicial department source told AFP it stemmed from false documents presented concerning his wife and her Italian ancestors which got the 35-year-old AC Milan star invaluable status as a naturalised Italian and therefore not counted among the non European players at a club.

Cafu said he could not comment on the magistrate's recommendation.

"I cannot tell you anything because I have not been officially informed," he said after Brazil's eve of match training session in Berlin.

"It is my brother who told me by telephone."

However, the four-time World Cup finals veteran - twice a winner - had time to joke about the situation when reminded he had dedicated the 2002 World Cup triumph to his wife.

"This is a kind of tribute as it is St Valentines Day in Brazil today (Monday).

"I think it is a Croat who is having a laugh (to unsettle the team).

"We don't know why the news arrived now but I am going to leave that to one side now.

"I will deal with it after the World Cup," he added.

His club president at the time, Franco Sensi of AS Roma, could also face 10 months in prison for his role in the affair which took place during the 1998-99 season.

The prosecutor Angelantonio Racanelli has called for Cafu's wife Regina Feliciano to receive nine months jail, the player's agent Cristoforo Colombo 15 months and AS Roma's former Argentinian striker Gustavo Bartelt nine months, as he too holds double nationality.

Bartelt has already been suspended for a year, in November 2001, by the Italian football federation (FIGC) over the same scandal.

The investigation into the affair has been ongoing for several years and the first magistrate who investigated it recommended that none of the accused should be prosecuted, but it was overturned on appeal.

The present trial should be over in a week said the justice department

source: Worldsoccernews.com

Arghhhhh

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good Lord, could this have come at a worse time?

You know, on Valentine's Day, most married couples usually exchange hugs and kisses. "Look, honey, we get his-and-hers phony passports with any diamond purchase from Ben Bridge."

Unless "Cafu" is Portuguese for "Dwight Gooden," I find it unlikely that he will actually see jail time, though.

menon_inc said:
the player's agent Cristoforo Colombo
That was too much. :)

Last edited:

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
menon_inc said:

Brazil defender Cafu dries his face during a training match in Berlin. Cafu received a nasty surprise on the eve of his side's World Cup opener against Croatia when a magistrate demanded he be jailed for nine months over acquiring a European Union passport under false pretences.
Brazil captain Cafu received a nasty surprise on the eve of his side's World Cup opener against Croatia when a magistrate demanded he be jailed for nine months over acquiring a European Union passport under false pretences.

A local judicial department source told AFP it stemmed from false documents presented concerning his wife and her Italian ancestors which got the 35-year-old AC Milan star invaluable status as a naturalised Italian and therefore not counted among the non European players at a club.

"I cannot tell you anything because I have not been officially informed," he said after Brazil's eve of match training session in Berlin.

However, the four-time World Cup finals veteran - twice a winner - had time to joke about the situation when reminded he had dedicated the 2002 World Cup triumph to his wife.

"We don't know why the news arrived now but I am going to leave that to one side now.

His club president at the time, Franco Sensi of AS Roma, could also face 10 months in prison for his role in the affair which took place during the 1998-99 season.

The prosecutor Angelantonio Racanelli has called for Cafu's wife Regina Feliciano to receive nine months jail, the player's agent Cristoforo Colombo 15 months and AS Roma's former Argentinian striker Gustavo Bartelt nine months, as he too holds double nationality.

Bartelt has already been suspended for a year, in November 2001, by the Italian football federation (FIGC) over the same scandal.

The investigation into the affair has been ongoing for several years and the first magistrate who investigated it recommended that none of the accused should be prosecuted, but it was overturned on appeal.

Arghhhhh
cant believe it :head:

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
menon_inc said:

Arghhhhh
:eek:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
LOL , Hope they do the same with Billy , Sergi. :D
Seems its the only way Milan can shake em.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
channel4 says that they are cleared up from Roma tribunal today .. so I guess its end of story .. unless presecutors appeal the decision for next 15 days..

balladlover

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
all ACM players + Torres & Gallas
personally, i think that cafu is the kind of old player you want to have in your team

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
cafu is one of the good in the field yesterday.fast in wings...sadly he missed a clear goal.he can still help us this year.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
CAFU: ’World Cup is behind me, I am thinking of Milan’
8/7/2006
MILAN - Marcos Cafu had this to say to Milan Channel at the end of training: ’We are getting ready for Wednesday’s game, it’s a very important encounter, hopefully there will be a lot of fans at the San Siro, we need them. My team-mates are relaxed and it’s normal that there is some anger after what has happened in the summer. Am I still disappointed about the World Cup? Of course not, it won’t help me to do well with Milan!’

acmilan.com

This world cup was definetly bad for him :D :tongue:

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
i would have thought bonera center back with nesta and kaladze left back leaving cafu right back but then agian i hope we have more defenders beofre season starts

Rex

Reaction score
Nesta-Kaladze's chemistry in marshalling the centre back last season was quite surprising seeing Ancelotti's masterstroke to shift in Kaladze from his natural position at LB to centre alongside Nesta. Few mistakes he had done in his 'new station debut' + awkward displays, but day by day he's getting more improving to replace the injured Maldini which formed him been a tactical defender to covering the backline.

So, I think Nesta-Kaladze in centre remains being Ancelotti's formula this season, which the right back given to Bonera/Cafu and Maldini/Favalli/Serginho for the left back.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cafu has said that he's convinced Dida will extend his contract.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Ok the yellow pages quoted him like he wants to leave as early as possible. IMO this thing is going to be true. I remember him going to Brazil to see his Dad at some point.

PRIYO

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.
good, cos we need some fresh legs and new talent on his position

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Cafu: I'm going home Saturday 18 November, 2006

Marcos Cafu has sensationally announced he’s returning to Brazil permanently, possibly as early as January.

“I want to go home. It could happen in January or at the end of 2007, I don’t know yet,” he was quoted as saying in Brazilian newspaper ‘La Folha de Sao Paulo.’

“There are negotiations already in place, not only with Sao Paulo. I thank everyone for having opened so many doors and now it’s up to me to choose.”

The 36-year-old defender had already considered his career almost over after his contract with Roma expired in June 2003, agreeing a move to Japan’s J-League.

However, Milan gave him the opportunity to extend his Serie A stay, which is now in its 10th season.

“I want to be closer to my family. I’ve already spoken to some clubs, but there is nothing concrete yet.”

Cafu had returned to Brazil to take care of family matters earlier this year and it seems it could be a permanent arrangement.

The Rossoneri have earmarked his replacement at right-back, fellow Brazilian Ilsinho of Sao Paulo.

“Even if he is still only at the start of his career, Ilsinho has already proved he can become a big name who matters on the world stage.”

Pendolino made his Serie A debut in Roma’s 3-1 win at Empoli on August 31, 1997 and has notched up five goals in 142 appearances for the Selecao.

Channel 4

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
i love cafu.. but hes done for... he features every 5 games.... thats not normal for a club like milan... not only do we need a permanent RB we need to have good covering as well

i dont know if any of you have realised this but since two years (when cafu stopped featuring normally) ... our right flank has been numbed.... it used to be our most dangerous flank when we were actually the best in the world

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
AC_Wesley said:
Cafu: I'm going home Saturday 18 November, 2006

Marcos Cafu has sensationally announced he’s returning to Brazil permanently, possibly as early as January.

“I want to go home. It could happen in January or at the end of 2007, I don’t know yet,” he was quoted as saying in Brazilian newspaper ‘La Folha de Sao Paulo.’

“There are negotiations already in place, not only with Sao Paulo. I thank everyone for having opened so many doors and now it’s up to me to choose.”

The 36-year-old defender had already considered his career almost over after his contract with Roma expired in June 2003, agreeing a move to Japan’s J-League.

However, Milan gave him the opportunity to extend his Serie A stay, which is now in its 10th season.

“I want to be closer to my family. I’ve already spoken to some clubs, but there is nothing concrete yet.”

Cafu had returned to Brazil to take care of family matters earlier this year and it seems it could be a permanent arrangement.

The Rossoneri have earmarked his replacement at right-back, fellow Brazilian Ilsinho of Sao Paulo.

“Even if he is still only at the start of his career, Ilsinho has already proved he can become a big name who matters on the world stage.”

Pendolino made his Serie A debut in Roma’s 3-1 win at Empoli on August 31, 1997 and has notched up five goals in 142 appearances for the Selecao.

Channel 4

Intresting. I guess that will free up an eu space and we will probably sign Ilsinho as a replacement. I still hope we can sign Higuan and 1-2 other players that can help the team.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Jivara said:
i love cafu.. but hes done for... he features every 5 games.... thats not normal for a club like milan... not only do we need a permanent RB we need to have good covering as well

i dont know if any of you have realised this but since two years (when cafu stopped featuring normally) ... our right flank has been numbed.... it used to be our most dangerous flank when we were actually the best in the world
i agree here :star:

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
leave...good riddiance at this point..but thanks for what you've done..but just leave...

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
That means Oddo will come soon.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
didn't Oddo recently said he wanted to end his career in Lazio? good news actually... a younger option would be more ideal...

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
^I couldn't care less with Oddo. Lazio screwed us around and all of a sudden Oddo has a change of heart. So stay. We will find someone else.

Schedule